• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU my house maid catched my bf and me having sex, and I'm afraid she will tell my parents, the worst part? she's a jehova's witness. Man this sucks, I didin't even want sex today :(

totally worth it

And you didn't invite her to join?

Rude.

Ahasverus

I kinda thought I had lost my slightly feminine appearance, but apparently that's not the case. I posted a couple pictures of me doing yoga on my tumblr, and was followed by these 3 accounts within the next 30 minutes:

yogashowsass
sexygirlsinleggings
pantsforass

:lol just great

Pics or it didn't happen :p

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I kinda thought I had lost my slightly feminine appearance, but apparently that's not the case. I posted a couple pictures of me doing yoga on my tumblr, and was followed by these 3 accounts within the next 30 minutes:

yogashowsass
sexygirlsinleggings
pantsforass

:lol just great

The important thing is that they found you sexy. ;)

All those Game of Thrones pics and no Jorah? For shame!

plcPe10.jpg

Grrrr!

He's hawt.

Ahasverus

You... have a house maid?

Yep, we're a family of 5 in a big house and don't have that much time for cleaning or cooking or whatever, so there's this girl that works with us since 10 years ago, she's still really young and a really good person, but I don't know if she would take this lightly,mainly fo her religious beliefs. :/
I'm really afraid you guys

btkadams

Yep, we're a family of 5 in a big house and don't have that much time for cleaning or cooking or whatever, so there's this girl that works with us since 10 years ago, she's still really young and a really good person, but I don't know if she would take this lightly,mainly fo her religious beliefs. :/

so, are you closeted to your family?

BeesEight

Sorry, just having a house maid seems really strange to me.

Anyway, not sure where you live or what your parents are like, are you even sure she'll say anything? I mean, depending on your country she could be worried that if she spoke up she could lose her job if your parents know and are happy with who you are.

I suspect she knows that keeping secrets is one of the things employers expect out of their maids, and knows that even if your parents want to know, they'll be concerned she won't keep whatever she's managed to find out about them to herself. But I can't really say more without knowing exactly what's going on.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Does she live with you guys?

Ahasverus

Noope I'm not closeted but they.. ehm, don't like my bf that much. I've had no problems with the other ones but they say they don't "trust" my current (who has been with me for 7 months, the longest lasting ever! and yeah I love him). I think it's because, well, they've seen this one more (lol) and they might be jealous or something, they are quite emotional. So, they don't like me to bring him home when there is someone here. Also, they accept me but are not quite happy hahah.
Anyway, not sure where you live or what your parents are like, are you even sure she'll say anything? I mean, depending on your country she could be worried that if she spoke up she could lose her job if your parents know and are happy with who you are.
Hmm I don't think she's afraid, I mean, she works for us but we're not some high class family or something, and we trat her as an equal, if anything she's like a bigger sister so I don't think she could be afraid . Perhaps she won't say anything to avoid a fight. I hope, but I'm ashamed too :p
I suspect she knows that keeping secrets is one of the things employers expect out of their maids, and knows that even if your parents want to know, they'll be concerned she won't keep whatever she's managed to find out about them to herself. But I can't really say more without knowing exactly what's going on.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Does she live with you guys?

No prob. I'm 21, and nop she doesn't live with us.

A funny thing is, she was a virgin before last year when she contracted marriage, so technically she's only seen (and hopefully will only see in her lifetime) 2 penises and one of them is my boyfriend's lol

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
No prob. I'm 21, and nop she doesn't live with us.
A funny thing is, she was a virgin before last year when she contracted marriage, so technically she's only seen (and hopefully will only see in her lifetime) 2 penises and one of them is my boyfriend's lol

Contracted marriage? Was it arranged or something? And why did she see your bf's penis? I'm going to need some more details, as well as a lock of her hair and her rising sign if you want the spell to work my advice.

Anyone over in the funny pics thread knows this is a tangent I've been on lately, but seriously, it drives me nuts when GLBT folk bristle at comparisons with kinksters or fetishes. It's like when a straight black man tells me that comparing gay rights to the civil rights movement is an insult to the memory of MLK. We sexual minorities gotta stick together, and throwing people under the bus to get mainstream approval isn't the way to go about a civil rights struggle.

BeesEight

Anyone over in the funny pics thread knows this is a tangent I've been on lately, but seriously, it drives me nuts when GLBT folk bristle at comparisons with kinksters or fetishes. It's like when a straight black man tells me that comparing gay rights to the civil rights movement is an insult to the memory of MLK. We sexual minorities gotta stick together, and throwing people under the bus to get mainstream approval isn't the way to go about a civil rights struggle.

But... it isn't a fetish...

But... it isn't a fetish...

I'm not saying sexual orientation is a fetish. But kink and homosexuality are both unchosen proclivities towards stigmatized sexual practices the absence of which is a dealbreaker in a relationship for at least some portion of people. The moral arguments in favor of letting consenting adults do what they want in their homes and not discriminating based on unchosen characteristics are pretty much exactly the same. Is the analogy really that far-fetched?

RM8

I like having a pretty clear dividing line between orientation and fetish, yes. I don't enjoy such comparisons. That doesn't really mean I don't respect people doing whatever they want, I think.

Ahasverus

Contracted marriage? Was it arranged or something? And why did she see your bf's penis? I'm going to need some more details, as well as a lock of her hair and her rising sign if you want the spell to work my advice.
Hmmm I don't think it meant what I thought it meant.. buuuut I'm told they can only marry a person of their own religion.

Ok, here are the details.

I didn't want my bf to come to my place today (as I'm bussy with college) but as always he did, with the excuse of asking me to help him for making some maths excercises. There were only my housemaid and me in the house at the time, but she was downstairs.
So, he arrived, but I thought he looked a little ill, so I told him to rest on my bed while I made his homework right besides the bed on my PC. After finishing, he told me to come to bed with him a cuddle a little, which we did, and then things dialed up to 11 in no time.
After that, we were just finished and so I wanted to go to the bathroom for taking some water. In that moment, my bf was standing next to my bed half naked. So I opened the door AND I SAW HER and I was like LOL NOPE and closed it as fast as I could... but it was too late because my bf says he's sure she looked at him with horror.

That was all, we ran quicly to get outta my place, I went for a beer and he went to class. And here I am, anxious as hell, and writing this to you.

I love you guys

RM8

Not to minimize the issue, but that's a pretty desirable problem to have :p

So let's assume she's totally telling your parents. I'd say they most likely know you don't simply hold hands when you're alone. So really, I doubt anything negative will come from this, haha.

BeesEight

I'm not saying sexual orientation is a fetish. But kink and homosexuality are both unchosen proclivities towards stigmatized sexual practices the absence of which is a dealbreaker in a relationship for at least some portion of people. The moral arguments in favor of letting consenting adults do what they want in their homes and not discriminating based on unchosen characteristics are pretty much exactly the same. Is the analogy really that far-fetched?

I think the analogy is a little weak.

I mean, there's nothing inherent in kinks or fetishes that are on the same level as an orientation. I mean, kink is basically an action that heightens intimacy between partners (like spanking) which is a far cry from saying that it's either a) a dealbreaker or b) something that a person can only perform for sexual satisfaction.

And I think the arguments against homosexuality are far different than a criticism of fetishisms. While one of the proponents for acceptance is shared between the two (it doesn't matter what two consenting adults get up to in their own beds) I think it's far too misleading to suggest that they share a lot of common ground.

On top of which, some fetishism is considered a mental disorder and I'd rather not get associating those two again.

I think the analogy is a little weak.

I mean, there's nothing inherent in kinks or fetishes that are on the same level as an orientation. I mean, kink is basically an action that heightens intimacy between partners (like spanking) which is a far cry from saying that it's either a) a dealbreaker or b) something that a person can only perform for sexual satisfaction.

And I think the arguments against homosexuality are far different than a criticism of fetishisms. While one of the proponents for acceptance is shared between the two (it doesn't matter what two consenting adults get up to in their own beds) I think it's far too misleading to suggest that they share a lot of common ground.

On top of which, some fetishism is considered a mental disorder and I'd rather not get associating those two again.

You're speaking to one of the people for whom it's a dealbreaker. In many ways, I think it might be more accurate to say that my sexual orientation is "submissive," and my theoretically bisexual, practically gay sexuality is a result of how we socialize one sex to be more dominant than the other. I'd be as miserable in a vanilla gay marriage as you'd be in a straight marriage. People like me probably don't make up the large majority of people who add a little bit of spanking to spice up the relationship, but they do exist as an identifiable sociological population. These are the people, like me, who basically cull their entire dating pool from BDSM events and the like, because they're incompatible with pretty much everyone else. While not exactly pre-Stonewall gay culture by any means, the few studies done about this population indicates a non-trivial level of stigma and discrimination. https://ncsfreedom.org/images/stories/pdfs/BDSM_Survey/bdsm_survey_fast_facts.pdf

Plus, the fact that it's characterized as a mental disorder rather strengthens the comparison to the gay rights struggle, don't you think?

Ahasverus

Not to minimize the issue, but that's a pretty desirable problem to have :p

So let's assume she's totally telling your parents. I'd say they most likely know you don't simply hold hands when you're alone. So really, I doubt anything negative will come from this, haha.

Haha thanks for cheering me up. Well, the problem if she tells is that my mother would get furious telling me that I "violated the sanctity of the house" meaning that.. I don't know what that means lol I mean she's not religous or anything. She'd also forbid me to see him again and would stop giving me money. All of the above crying and whinning of how she "lost me".

My father would hate me, be perhaps more dissapointed, and would not talk to me in 1 year take or give, also, he wouldn't give me any money and in the most extreme of the cases (depending of how offended he is) he'd stop paying for college, and that would be bad.

My sister would probably just point and laugh.

daripad

I have never taken pics of someone else in public, maybe because people would know I'm gay. In fact I'm always careful of what I say or do so they won't know.

though I have saved some photographs of GAF members on my pc.

Nah, I don't do that, my father uses my computer sometimes so I have to be careful with that too

BeesEight

You're speaking to one of the people for whom it's a dealbreaker. In many ways, I think it might be more accurate to say that my sexual orientation is "submissive," and my theoretically bisexual, practically gay sexuality is a result of how we socialize one sex to be more dominant than the other. I'd be as miserable in a vanilla gay marriage as you'd be in a straight marriage. People like me probably don't make up the large majority of people who add a little bit of spanking to spice up the relationship, but they do exist as an identifiable sociological population. These are the people, like me, who basically cull their entire dating pool from BDSM events and the like, because they're incompatible with pretty much everyone else. While not exactly pre-Stonewall gay culture by any means, the few studies done about this population indicates a non-trivial level of stigma and discrimination. https://ncsfreedom.org/images/stories/pdfs/BDSM_Survey/bdsm_survey_fast_facts.pdf

Plus, the fact that it's characterized as a mental disorder rather strengthens the comparison to the gay rights struggle, don't you think?

Hm, I've never had to argue these points before, so bear with me - this may be a little scatter-brained.

I don't think that kinks and fetishes (I'll just refer to them collective as fetishes now) are similar to sexuality and gender on any appreciable measurement. I think, both psychologically and socially, there's quite a large difference between the two that the recognition of one shouldn't be rolled or compared to the other.

Socially, there's been a far greater history of organized and instituted oppression and discrimination against sexuality and gender than for fetishes. I'm hard pressed to think of systematic categorizing, identifying and persecuting for people who enjoy spanking or BDSM as I can for LGBT individuals. This history, I feel, separates the two and makes the acceptance and recognition of LGBT issues far more important and far more pressing. There are lots of holy texts which dictated and shaped the laws and punishments of societies that have viewed LGBT individuals as abominations suitable only for torture or death. I mean, the Qu'ran and Bible are readily available to demonstrate the issues and the institutionalized discrimination that even perpetuates to this day where LGBT citizens are treated as lessers in the eyes of the law comparative to their heterosexual, heteronormative brothers and sisters.

But for fetishes, I don't see the same issues. You aren't forbidden from seeing your partner in spanking or BDSM in the hospital because of your activities. You aren't exempt from tax deductions because you enjoy licking your partners feet. You don't have Biblical passages that exclaim "Thou shalt not get freaky in rubber suits."

And personally, I don't think they carry nearly the same weight either. Psychologically speaking, we identify ourselves in numerous and varied ways. But I don't believe that each of these aspects of ourselves share equal strength. I see myself as a white, male, writer but each of those identifiers is far more important to my self identification. I think your gender and your sexuality are far more "core" to your personality than other attributes. Liking men and identifying as a man carry far greater psychological weight than seeing myself as someone who writes.

In this way, I don't think fetishes hold up either. If someone says "I don't approve of your writing lifestyle" it is far less hurtful than someone saying "I don't approve of your homosexual lifestyle." In much the same way, if someone were to say "I don't want to hear about your spanking" I don't think is anywhere near as offensive as "I don't want to hear about your lesbianism."

Writing and spanking, while part of our self identity, are more actions we perform than things that we are. I am a male. I do spanking.

As for the importance to sexual gratification, I think they also aren't comparable. I feel that, if deprived of all sexual activity, if you were faced with two hypothetical options of whether being able to have a sexually compatible partner compared to having a sexual compatibly fetish, the partner is far more important. If I've been stranded on a desert island, being faced with only a man who won't participate in spanking is going to have less impact on sex than being faced with only a woman.

So, what does that leave us with? Stigma? Well, yes, I suppose fetishes and gender/sexuality are both stigmatized but I don't think they're anywhere close to being appreciable. And if we're only tying them together because they are stigmatized well, so are a lot of other things and it would be silly to include them all in the same "struggle" because they share this one, broad similarity.

Also, no, I don't think that because a fetish can be a mental disorder it makes it more comparable to homosexuality. I wouldn't compare other mental disorders to homosexuality either. Because homosexuality isn't a mental disorder.

Edit: Not entirely sure what I should be taking from this survey. I don't think fetishes need "rights" and I don't have an issue with someone being told to not share their bedtime activities. I think that's the crux of it. Fetishes play solely to your actions during sex whereas orientation impacts your life in far more aspects beyond the bedroom.

Edit: Edit: Thus, I don't think LGBT issues should be conflated with kink/fetishes because it detracts from the overall conversation. Once again, I apologize for the messy, diarrhea of thought in this post.

Magnus

When'd you guys drop the 'love' bomb with your SO's?

After all these years, I'm finally in a relationship with someone that might be veering toward that territory. It's only been around 4 months, but I can see this going on and going on well.

Sai-kun

Banned

After all these years, I'm finally in a relationship with someone that might be veering toward that territory. It's only been around 4 months, but I can see this going on and going on well.

sure as hell don't say it after four month

omg

BeesEight

I keep that locked up for as long as possible. Got to keep them in line, constantly second guessing if your affections are truly there. That sense of insecurity will leave you in-charge and let them know who the master is in the relationship.

(Depends, I'm actually pretty slow on the love bombs because I want to save them for when I mean them. Can't really say that I have any guidelines for it other than use it when you think it's right.

Won't stop them from ripping your heart out in the end though... okay that was unnecessarily bitter...)

Dat voice

Wait, I thought he was just lip syncing...

Still would.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
And here I am, anxious as hell, and writing this to you.

I see. Thank you for divulging this plethora of information to me. I could soften this with kind words and anecdotes but I'm going to give it to you straight: you have only three options available to you at the moment.

#1 - Abandon your homosexual lifestyle and convert to her religion.
#2 - As she stopped and stared at your boyfriend's post coital penis, the look on her face was one of delight; not of horror. This is your chance to invite her into your relationship. Tricycles > Bicycles
#3 - Threaten to deport her.
If applicable.

you mean during

WFAD328.gif

That's was a little too soon don't you think?

XxS6oxq.gif

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

There's no need for us to start tacking fetishes and other sexual minorities onto LGBT; that slippery slope is already visited by the anti-LGBT rights side daily and it makes us cringe with good reason. Your arguments here and in the other thread aren't particularly thought-provoking, but an awkward attempt to tack your fetishes onto a monumental battle for human rights to garner further approval for them. I understand why as you've made it clear BDSM is a huge part of your life and not just something you do in the bedroom, but don't expect to hitch a ride when there is no shared struggle for human rights. Anyone can already BDSM, scat, swing & spit-roast to their heart's content; shared discrimination and social stigma ≠ shared human rights struggle.

You once posted your ideal relationship is a 3-5 person gay poly family, so any remotely relevant comparison would have to lie there; however, any struggle you try to make analogous would be the struggle for two consenting adults to have their relationship recognized and--unlike "traditional", same-sex and interracial marriages--there are no laws in place that take into consideration a relationship of more than two people, inherently requiring poly to be a separate movement.

Dany

Banned
I see. Thank you for divulging this plethora of information to me. I could soften this with kind words and anecdotes but I'm going to give it to you straight: you have only three options available to you at the moment.

#1 - Abandon your homosexual lifestyle and convert to her religion.
#2 - As she stopped and stared at your boyfriend's post coital penis, the look on her face was one of delight; not of horror. This is your chance to invite her into your relationship. Tricycles > Bicycles
#3 - Threaten to deport her.
If applicable.

That's was a little too soon don't you think?

XxS6oxq.gif

I don't think I've ever seen you be sincere in this thread. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom