• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
But how can you forget if he's your ex? Do you mean someone you briefly dated? I can understand not having a good memory for names, but if he's your ex then I assume that you guys had something more than just a few fuck dates.

If the guy has been leading DR2K on, stood him up, and then comes back as if nothing happened then I kinda think he had it coming. Like he said, that wasn't taking the high road but, eh, karma's a bitch (and if he had a sweet ass then 2 birds 1 stone).

If DR2K can't even remember the guy's name then perhaps there was a reason for the other guy's behaviour...

Alrus

I can only think of "tapette" and "PD". I really dislike it when I speak to French guys and they use "PD" everywhere, but I don't think it's as bad as faggot.

Yeah those are the only one I can think of. Tapette really isn't that bad and is rarely barely used outside of school playgrounds here (Belgium), and when it's used it's not really as a derogatory expression toward gay people.

"PD" is probably the closest equivalent to faggot and thinking about it, it's pretty bad (not nearly as bad).

DR2K

Banned
But how can you forget if he's your ex? Do you mean someone you briefly dated? I can understand not having a good memory for names, but if he's your ex then I assume that you guys had something more than just a few fuck dates.

We mostly just had sex, but with eventual plans to get to know each other deeply. At his request. When it can time for that he changed personalities on me and was just a down right horrible person for weeks until he stood me up on multiple occasions and rejected me via text only to call me back near half a year later like nothing happened.

It was his choice to taken by a stranger instead of his lover.

mantidor

I'm terrible with names. Not faces... Or bodies. Kevin... Keith... God damn it. I really should stop deleting phone numbers off my cell.

I wonder why it's difficult for you to address me as a person and not an entity when you speak of me so deeply? No self loathing here, I feel great. I hit a record high on the bench earlier and I benched a bitch all in the same day.

As I mentioned I do have my doubts about you posting actual real stuff which is why I do avoid addressing you directly, but since you asked...

Also self loathing takes many forms beyond the more obvious "I'm ugly no one likes me" stuff. I do sincerely hope everything works out ok for you though.

Alcoori

Does "PD" even stand for something?

It stands for "pédéraste" (shortened to "pédé" which in French sounds the same as "PD") which means both homosexual and pederast.
Pederasty being a relationship between an adult male and an adolescent male.

So... yeah.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I don't get revenge sex.

"Hey, let's pleasure each other and get our rocks off, but scowl while we do it."

"Oh, I'm also going to storm out in a huff."

th_giant-burnsauce.gif

DR2K

Banned
I don't get revenge sex.

"Hey, let's pleasure each other and get our rocks off, but scowl while we do it."

"Oh, I'm also going to storm out in a huff."

th_giant-burnsauce.gif

Well he also got more muscular since I last saw him so I had to hit it. Easily the most beautiful man I've been with.

My bed manners are always aggressive, It wasn't revenge sex, nothing grandiose planned, the blue balls thing was a last minute thing.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I've just learned that there will be a LGBT Movie Festival in my town next week. Among movies that will be shown there are: "I Want Your Love", "I Do", "How to Survive a Plague", "Undrressing Israel: Gay Men in the Promised Land" and "Interior. Leather Bar.". Sounds interesting. I will definitely go and see at least few of those movies. :D

I commented about Plague a while back in the Netflix thread: it's one of the most socially important films in a long time, and should be considered essential viewing for any of us.

Leather Bar is supposed to be quite good; have you seen Cruising? While not a great movie, it's still certainly worth seeing and reading up on the controversy surrounding the film. I dig the idea of Franco and Matthews not remaking Cruising, but instead reimagining the footage that was cut (and presumably lost) from the film.

http://vimeo.com/55657401

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Fair warning to evangelist gay gaf, I'm about to describe a sexual encounter out of malice and hatred and I take the moral low ground.

So my ex sends me a text saying hello and what's up, this is months after he spent weeks leading me on, treating me like shit, and standing me up. Im a nice person and I'm horny so we get to setting up a fuck date for tonight. I dominate him, make his ass red as he wants it to be, and nail him to every portion of his living room. Then he begs me to cum on him so I blow my load all over his back and smear my cum all over it, I cum buckets especially after a workout btw. I start to work on him, but I tell him I came so I lost my interest, get up get dressed smack his ass on the way out and tell him to have a nice day. He stands there stunned and confused, and I feel redemption. Revenge is a dish best served cold and I served it all over him. I didn't plan it BTW, something in me snapped and I just had to do it.

I feel wonderful. I got a whole bunch of texts and missed calls as well. He feels beyond terrible. You treat others the way you want to be treated after all. :)

P.S I also forgot his name, made sure he knew that.

Revenge sex wow. never knew that existed until now.

Mr_Zombie

Leather Bar is supposed to be quite good; have you seen Cruising? While not a great movie, it's still certainly worth seeing and reading up on the controversy surrounding the film. I dig the idea of Franco and Matthews not remaking Cruising, but instead reimagining the footage that was cut (and presumably lost) from the film.

I haven't seen "Cruising", but it will also be presented during the festival. I read a bit about the controversy regarding this movie, how it was banned in some countries and had to be censored (and even then it was still banned).

I commented about Plague a while back in the Netflix thread: it's one of the most socially important films in a long time, and should be considered essential viewing for any of us.

http://vimeo.com/55657401

I've seen Cruising and am pretty fascinated by gay life in that time period (ie at the onset of the AIDS crisis.) Honestly, I can't understand why it was so controversial in its time. Maybe because gay people weren't portrayed at all in media? Don't know. Anyway, the movie isn't that great.

Holmes

(Are you in the good old Murray Ross? I'm curious of the drug cart still rolls around at night.)

I'm near Murray Ross. I live on the York campus at the moment since that's where I go to school. I wouldn't know anything about drug carts.

It stands for "pédéraste" (shortened to "pédé" which in French sounds the same as "PD") which means both homosexual and pederast.
Pederasty being a relationship between an adult male and an adolescent male.

So... yeah.
Hmm. Didn't know that. I do speak French (Northern Ontario French) and no one really uses that word there. Only "tapette" for little kids, but it's also a pretty English place so people just use English slurs. Even the people from Quebec that I worked/work with.

Trigger

Guys would you prefer getting married or adopting a child in places where you can't do both?

Why not both? Assuming the marriage is a legal thing that can happen then why not get married and then have one person adopt the kid. Both partners can still play an equal role in raising the child.

Ahasverus

Why not both? Assuming the marriage is a legal thing that can happen then why not get married and then have one person adopt the kid. Both partners can still play an equal role in raising the child.

Colombia probably will legalize gay unions with every benefit except gay adoption. Sad panda here.

So me and my family are driving along, I stick my iPod into the radio and turn on Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood for whatever reason, and we all basically have this conversation.

Sister: I'm sick of this song. Change it to something else.
Mother: What? I thought you loved this song.
Me: Na, it's 'cos she's been playing Saints Row (The Third) all week.
Mother:...Yeah, but the video has gay people in the video.

Well, it wasn't that abruptly harsh and hyperbolic, but it felt like kind of a sticking point. There's always been this tiny part of my mother that's grown accustomed to typically portrayed roles and behaviours, even after displaying feminist tendencies. And this was after coming out as bisexual and the result being rather mellow. "That's okay, it doesn't change you or bother me, we still love you, get out of the way of this shitty Resident Evil movie".

So her treatment of gay people and behaviour as something of a novelty and anomaly shouldn't bother me that much, but if I ever hooked up with a boy, I'd have to wonder what her actual reaction would be. It's, ergh...unlikely a scenario like that will ever come up, though.

On a tangential note, the whole song being an analogy for masturbation is starting to really come through. It's making a lot more sense than Turning Japanese, that's for sure.

Ahasverus

So her treatment of gay people and behaviour as something of a novelty and anomaly shouldn't bother me that much, but if I ever hooked up with a boy, I'd have to wonder what her actual reaction would be. It's, ergh...unlikely a scenario like that will ever come up, though.

Please tlel me more, I'm always interested on this stance.

Turning Japanese? The song the Kirsten Dunst covered?

I never recollected such a thing happening, but apparently it is the very same.

Please tlel me more, I'm always interested on this stance.

It's probably just the result of overt media exposure portraying gay people as solely flamboyant and promiscuous. She digested a lot of TV and movies during the 90s and early 00s, in which the mainstream movie business was not kind to LGBT portrayal.

The music video to Relax is definitely cartoony in its portrayal, but it's not too dissimilar from what you'd find in any other sort of Mardi Gras festivity, even of the straight kind.

Rayis

This nice little thread popped up

I mean, I'm torn about the whole FCKH8 thing, it's a reasonable message but the way it is presented is what turns people off, it is not a good reason to stop supporting gay people's rights and if some people use it as a reason to stop supporting gay rights, they probably weren't that supportive in the first place.

RM8

As someone who thinks it's a piss-poor video (the first one, the one I watched), the use of the word "fuck" has nothing to do with it. It tries so hard and it fails so much at being edgy, it comes off as annoying and cringe-worthy, I don't know.

btkadams

I mean, I'm torn about the whole FCKH8 thing, it's a reasonable message but the way it is presented is what turns people off, it is not a good reason to stop supporting gay people's rights and if some people use it as a reason to stop supporting gay rights, they probably weren't that supportive in the first place.

um wtf. reading through your post is a mirror of my thoughts. i had just posted the same argument in that thread lol. sorry for the accidental plagiarism.

Alcoori

As someone who thinks it's a piss-poor video (the first one, the one I watched), the use of the word "fuck" has nothing to do with it. It tries so hard and it fails so much at being edgy, it comes off as annoying and cringe-worthy, I don't know.

I don't think it tries to be edgy, but I can see why you'd think that.

It's just funny to see people react to a 2 year old campaign like it's the new best thing.

BeesEight

This feels like a high school project.

Is this law real?

Edit: Hm, didn't even notice it was a two year old campaign.

bsej87

That is one of the most obnoxious things I've ever seen.

MarkusRJR

What are some good alcoholic drinks? I don't normally drink at all (mostly because it tastes like shit) but it's my birthday this weekend so I thought I'd have some fun.

Guys would you prefer getting married or adopting a child in places where you can't do both?
Kids are annoying so I'd rather get married. :)

Wow those videos are obnoxious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom