• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
It's good. As a mexican I can say all of our crap looks disgusting but tastes ooh so good.

Looks aren't everything, try a little and see if you like it. ;) Thats advice you can take on everything.

Bladenic

I guess I should have said characters that like play a vital role to the story and all, there's lots of Gay characters but they end up forgotten or are mostly seen for comic relief.

Not a teen drama (ew) but Shameless. One of the main characters is gay, and it's never used for comic relief, at least not in a realistic way.

Edit: I guess both male characters have hags though.

I enjoyed the first season of Happy Endings. Lost interest when it adopted the Friend's style and dropped the continuing story arcs.

I think you are the only person ever who preferred Season 1 of Happy Endings. If anything, S1 was an almost shameless rip-off of Friends before it found its identity and fleshed out its characters (Alex might as well have not existed in S1).

daripad

Mexican food <3

One of the
two or three
upsides of living in Mexico. Last night I had godly mole verde, I swear mole verde is the best thing to ever come from Mexico.
It's not pretty (Mexican food rarely is), but oh GEESUS the deliciousness.
Yep, food is one of the best things about this country. Everything tastes so good. And desserts are also very good.

It's good. As a mexican I can say all of our crap looks disgusting but tastes ooh so good.

Looks aren't everything, try a little and see if you like it. ;) Thats advice you can take on everything.

What? So Mexicans dominate this thread? The list:
Me
Rm88
Sai-kun
Dany M
Isaac(?)
Sphinx
Kitchenmotors
Sagitario
Lucario
The guy with the robin avatar (can't remember his username)

Am I missing someone else?

Someday, we will dominate the world (and gay-GAF is our first step)

Dany

Banned
Sai-kun is half. Doesn't count

omg im kidding

and so is kitchenmotors btw, he just lurks this thread, waiting to pounce with a GIF response >_<

_Isaac

Yep, food is one of the best things about this country. Everything tastes so good. And desserts are also very good.

Me
Rm88
Sai-kun
Dany M
Isaac(?)
Sphinx
Kitchenmotors
Sagitario
Lucario

I am indeed Mexican. Also, I didn't know Sphinx was Mexican. I always thought he was German for some reason.

Dead Man

Yep. Mexican food is godly. One of my favourite cuisines.

nickcv

so, here's how it went down:

As I said I wrote him:

3 hours later (near 3AM) he replies:

I didn't answer back since he pretty much admitted I was right (not like I was expecting any kind of validation but what else could I say?)

I don't feel good now but I'm sure it'll pass. I just hate being let down, time after time.

you did the right thing... if he's not willing to actually commit to you in any way it's just a waste of time.

keep us updated

you did the right thing... if he's not willing to actually commit to you in any way it's just a waste of time.

keep us updated
He wrote me last night, saying: "Is it allowed to miss?" (Each other).

I replied "I guess". He asked about my day and told me some about his. My answers were short, unintentionally, so he was like: "I see you don't wanna talk, I understand. Good night".

I told him I didn't mean to be rude and he insisted about it so I got kind of angry and told him "I'd try to redact my answers better the next time".

Today he wrote me "Good morning" just like he always did. We've been chatting as if nothing happened so I'm a bit worried but I I think we're clear.

I don't mind being his friend because we get along fine anyway.

Ty4on

Y
Me
Rm88
Sai-kun
Dany M
Isaac(?)
Sphinx
Kitchenmotors
Sagitario
Lucario

Wow. I was thinking about how it felt like much of GayGAF was Mexican, but I didn't know that many were.
that was very confusing :p
Just think Inception :p
I am indeed Mexican. Also, I didn't know Sphinx was Mexican. I always thought he was German for some reason.

Thought so too. His profile says "Mexican living in Germany" so I guess that settles it.

Dany

Banned
He wrote me last night, saying: "Is it allowed to miss?" (Each other).

I replied "I guess". He asked about my day and told me some about his. My answers were short, unintentionally, so he was like: "I see you don't wanna talk, I understand. Good night".

I told him I didn't mean to be rude and he insisted about it so I got kind of angry and told him "I'd try to redact my answers better the next time".

Today he wrote me "Good morning" just like he always did. We've been chatting as if nothing happened so I'm a bit worried but I I think we're clear.

I don't mind being his friend because we get along fine anyway.

Wouldn't you just get hurt whenever you hang out with him? Remembering everything he didn't do?

So basically, online dating is a bunch of guys saying that they're looking for serious relationships, then when you try to get serious they freak out and break things off? This is going to be fun.

Sorry for the randomness, just needed to vent.

RM8

Online dating is never about:

- Serious relationships
- Friendship

It's pretty much a rule :( Some people even get angry when you remind them about your profile clearly stating you're looking for friends when they try to get further. Kind of why I haven't dated in ages.

Wouldn't you just get hurt whenever you hang out with him? Remembering everything he didn't do?

Right now I think no.

It hurted me because I had expectations and he constantly let me down. But as friends I wouldn't really have any expectations (I think). But that's just how I picture it in my mind.

- Serious relationships
- Friendship

It's pretty much a rule :( Some people even get angry when you remind them about your profile clearly stating you're looking for friends when they try to get further. Kind of why I haven't dated in ages.
The most frustrating part is that their profile says the same AND they even reiterate in person.

tumblr_mb3uexWDuS1r4vvhp.gif

Oh hai, boys. How are you all?

Anyway, it's the end of the semester for me (finals weeeeeek!), and I bought myself a 3DS to celebrate. I've not played Pokemon since Fire Red version, so picking up White has been a brand new experience for me. Nerding out aside, how are you boyos/girlos?

Alrus

Studying for my finals that are coming up at the end of May. That's all I'll be doing for a while (basically the end of June) :/ Neurology/Neuroanatomy is hard :|

On top of that my bf got the mumps (there's an epidemic going on around universities in the country right now), so he refuses to kiss me because he doesn't want to infect me... It's been a week and a half since we last did anything.

Studying for my finals that are coming up at the end of May. That's all I'll be doing for a while (basically the end of June) :/ Neurology/Neuroanatomy is hard :|

On top of that my bf got the mumps (there's an epidemic going on around universities in the country right now), so he refuses to kiss me because he doesn't want to infect me... It's been a week and a half since we last did anything.

Mumps? Where are you, and why is no one vaccinated? That should be in the standard MMR immunizations in the US.

The boyfriend and I played around with a friend of ours recently, only to find out the next day that a previous partner of the friend's was showing STI symptoms. We didn't end up with anything, but that was a three week period with nothing more than cuddling and making out, which when you share the bed with someone is incredibly trying.

soco

So basically, online dating is a bunch of guys saying that they're looking for serious relationships, then when you try to get serious they freak out and break things off? This is going to be fun.

That's not specific to online dating. It's dating in general. Chances are they're breaking things off because they're not interested and don't/can't articulate that.

- Serious relationships
- Friendship

also not really true in my experience. I know lots of people who have serious relationships from online relationships. In fact, most of my friends. Also many who have made friends. I've made a ton that way. It's all about how you communicate expectations and set things up.

Alrus

Mumps? Where are you, and why is no one vaccinated? That should be in the standard MMR immunizations in the US.

Belgium, everyone should be vaccinated but there was a period of time where that vaccine wasn't mandatory (or reimbursed, I'm not sure anymore) so a few people aren't immunized, and on top of that this is a different strain and thus the vaccine is pretty much useless against it.

Sai-kun

Banned
I am fucking exhausted from this weekend. It was absolutely awesome.

I'm not looking forward to coming back home to the crap loads of homework i have to do, though!

Also I got to the airport a solid 2 hours before my flight. Uuughhhhh awful decision. I'm bored as hell!

Arcipello

bumping into work colleague ive never talked to before at a crazy gay club... drunkenly saying "oh its you from such and such" and getting VERY little in response. i dread seeing them at work now :(

Jezan

Me
Rm88
Sai-kun
Dany M
Isaac(?)
Sphinx
Kitchenmotors
Sagitario
Lucario

Me! (but I mostly lurk now :( )

daripad

I feel your pain :'(

And 12 Mexicans is a huge number, I wonder if there are more.

We should do a Mexican gayGAF meeting

Dany

Banned

Strictly Biology and I'm taking human anatomy now. OMG I want this quarter to be over, we still have like 6-7 weeks. One thing I like about my schedule is that when the weather clears up I'll e able to go running on the lakeshore after my classes, a good way to end a day full of memorization.

BeesEight

I'm always serious! I'll date you.

(I met the ex online though it wasn't through a dating service. What experience I have from actual dating sites has also been crap.)

Vaccines cause autism!

</3

DR2K

Banned
So on a scale of 1 to bat shit crazy, guy asks for my hand in marriage after two dates. . .

I have no idea how to turn this one down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom