• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of DQ, I recently found an almost new copy of DQ6 DS for $9 on Amazong! Got it in the mail yesterday and it's f.a.b.u.l.o.u.s
Ooo, that's tempting. I played/beat IV on the DS and own the PAL version of V for some reason. I never played 6, but it always looked interesting to me.
I've given up hope on any recent DQ coming to the west...
I'm hoping that Square's recent "realization" that there is an audience for these games in the west given the success of BD makes them rethink their DQ strategy here.

Sagitario

I'm hoping that Square's recent "realization" that there is an audience for these games in the west given the success of BD makes them rethink their DQ strategy here.
There is an audience... as long as Nintendo is the publisher, it seems [and even that didn't help Dragon Quest VI or Joker 2 :( ]

There is an audience... as long as Nintendo is the publisher, it seems [and even that didn't help Dragon Quest VI or Joker 2 :( ]
Nintendo needs to make nice with its customers, they should have an entire division dedicated to releasing niche titles. They would gain incredible brownie points from Nintendo and JRPG fans alike.

Alrus

Nintendo needs to make nice with its customers, they should have an entire division dedicated to releasing niche titles. They would gain incredible brownie points from Nintendo and JRPG fans alike.

They should start by releasing SMT IV in Europe. Seriously what the fuck Nintendo (and what the fuck Atlus for not having European offices and completely ignoring an important market for jrpg...)

Caladrius

The SMT IV situation is deeply unfortunate. The lack of transparency about it is probably the worst part.

I'd recommend you folks import a 2DS for more cases like this if you can.

Region locking can die in a fire

A Chlorine Trifluoride fire

Edit; nvm

I saw what you wrote before the edit. Cheer up! It can't always be that bad.

Whatever it is, We'll be here for you Blade. Don't be reluctant to speak up.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Happy birthday. Getting old isn't a bad thing at all!

Today, I ran 3.5 miles with a ruck full of 30 water bottles, no idea how much it weighed. Took first place in the competition with a lead of over six minutes ahead of the person who placed second. I felt like a badass this morning during the run, but now I'm tired as hell.

Rewarded myself by buying Toukiden for my Vita. Should be a blast!

They should start by releasing SMT IV in Europe. Seriously what the fuck Nintendo (and what the fuck Atlus for not having European offices and completely ignoring an important market for jrpg...)
Holy crap, you guys don't have that yet - that's right. Wtf.
I'm 28 today gents :-( 30 is a coming!
Happy Birthday!
I'll be 28 in September
Today, I ran 3.5 miles with a ruck full of 30 water bottles, no idea how much it weighed. Took first place in the competition with a lead of over six minutes ahead of the person who placed second. I felt like a badass this morning during the run, but now I'm tired as hell.
That's awesome! How long does that take for you?

RM8

If Nintendo implemented region lock for the first time with their handhelds to prevent piracy... Well, Vita has managed to remain piracy free as well. It'd be nice if Nintendo would get rid of it with their next handheld :( It hurts my soul that I can't play Terry's Wonderland.

Vazduh

Happy birthday!

BeRrp5R.gif

And don't worry, the best is yet to come.
I'm almost 30 and I've never felt so good.

Meicyn

Gold Member
That's awesome! How long does that take for you?
It took me 41 minutes. I decided to do the math, 28 bottles at 20 ounces each is 35 pounds, so that plus whatever the ruck weighed to slow me down, plus another two bottles for actual drinking. Did it in uniform with steel toe combat boots, so I ended up with some blisters (gross). Someone took pictures while I was charging up the hill to the finish line, can't wait to see them. I was breathing heavy like a madman at that point like I was about to die.

Honestly, it was more like interval training with weight than a run. I kept alternating between a brisk jog to a brisk walk, constantly drinking water during the walking portions because it was hot as hell.

Happy birthday. Getting old isn't a bad thing at all!

That deserves a reward and a half IMO! The last time I ran/sprinted with extra weight for training, I puked :( LOL!

If Nintendo implemented region lock for the first time with their handhelds to prevent piracy... Well, Vita has managed to remain piracy free as well. It'd be nice if Nintendo would get rid of it with their next handheld :( It hurts my soul that I can't play Terry's Wonderland.
Seriously. Another reason why the DS was so amazing. Though, I'm still not entirely sure how I can play my PAL version of DQV on my 3DS. Is it because the DS hardware portion still remains region free?
It took me 41 minutes. I decided to do the math, 28 bottles at 20 ounces each is 35 pounds, so that plus whatever the ruck weighed to slow me down, plus another two bottles for actual drinking. Did it in uniform with steel toe combat boots, so I ended up with some blisters (gross). Someone took pictures while I was charging up the hill to the finish line, can't wait to see them. I was breathing heavy like a madman at that point like I was about to die.

Honestly, it was more like interval training with weight than a run. I kept alternating between a brisk jog to a brisk walk, constantly drinking water during the walking portions because it was hot as hell.
That's crazy impressive. Congrats!
Speaking of SMT, I'm so damn glad I'll finally get to play Persona 4 :)
I really need to play through P3 and P4 before 5 comes out. Those are such time commitments though. But at least the option is now there on the PS3.
I wish they'd port Nocturne.
I can see us getting the rest of the SMT PS2 games after P4 comes out as a PS2 classic. It only makes sense.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Thanks you two, and I hope you're right about more ports. I already beat P4G, so I'm kinda meh about the Persona 4 port. Nocturne would seriously make my day.

RM8

Seriously. Another reason why the DS was so amazing. Though, I'm still not entirely sure how I can play my PAL version of DQV on my 3DS. Is it because the DS hardware portion still remains free?.
Yup, 3DS becomes a DS when you play DS games, so it remains region free.

Blisters nothing, I'm surprised your feet aren't bloody stumps

Caladrius

So I was playing Diddy Kong Racing for the first time in 10 years. I had finished all of the adventure mode and unlocked T.T.

Now midway through Adventure 2 the control stick on my controller that I bought about a week ago fucking snaps off.

And I threw away the receipt not thinking that I would need it.

sfbhsb,fhbfhbksafbshfslafb,ash

Happy Birthday!

And don't start worrying about your age until you're close to 50.

So I was playing Diddy Kong Racing for the first time in 10 years. I had finished all of the adventure mode and unlocked T.T.

Now midway through Adventure 2 the control stick on my controller that I bought about a week ago fucking snaps off.

And I threw away the receipt not thinking that I would need it.

sfbhsb,fhbfhbksafbshfslafb,ash

Happy Birthday!

And don't start worrying about your age until you're close to 50.

So you're saying "City Slickers" is lying to us?

Also, happy bday chris.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Top 10 posters of the thread so far:

BlueBadger - 412
RatskyWatsky - 383
Rm88~ - 290
Via Purifico - 278
daripad - 276
Caladrius - 234
Bladenic - 224
Grakl - 189
umop_3pisdn - 177
Dany M - 141

P4 is great! :) you totally should before p5 comes around next year.
Speaking of - I played P4 Arena last week and had a fucking blast. I'm usually terrible at fighting games, but something about the control scheme worked for me. I dominated between Teddie and Elizabeth. So much fun.

Caladrius

So you're saying "City Slickers" is lying to us?

Every song ever written is a lie.

Unless I made it

My single "Everyone Wants to Have Sex with Me" comes out next month

Prepare your anuses gentlemen

Top 10 posters of the thread so far:

BlueBadger - 412
RatskyWatsky - 383
Rm88~ - 290
Via Purifico - 278
daripad - 276
Caladrius - 234
Bladenic - 224
Grakl - 189
umop_3pisdn - 177
Dany M - 141

So I'm not gay enough apparently

Ho-hum

Garcia

Man, we just watched American Hustle and The Great Gatsby. . .

What a bore... Gatsby is definitely worse. Can't believe those two even got nominated!. I suppose there were some truly bad movies in general last year. So far, Dallas Buyers Club sits on top. Will watch Osage County tomorrow.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Gatsby was a pretty terrible book. So I don't know why people expect the movie to be different outside of Leo.

Haven't seen Wolf of Wallstreet, but someone I know is gushing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom