• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

Polaroid, you mean that cheap TV manufacturer? :p
---

Holy cow Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. Oh gosh, why would Nintendo not keep this announcement for E3?

RM8

I actually also think 2D Pokémon looks the best, but that didn't prevent me from loving the DS and 3DS games so far :p Actually White and SoulSilver are my favorite games in the series, as someone who started with Red on Game Boy.

Also, this announcement was probably to soften the blow of Nintendo's depressingly realistic WiiU forecast, lol.

RM8

Top trends in Twitter in Japan:

ルビサファ RubySappha
キモリTreecko
カイオーガKyorgre
マグマ団 Team Magma
通信ケーブル Link Cable
バトルフロンティアBattle Frontier
バシャーモ Blazicken
3DS持ってない Don't own a 3DS
Lol.

Treecko FTW.

Ahasverus

I actually also think 2D Pokémon looks the best, but that didn't prevent me from loving the DS and 3DS games so far :p Actually White and SoulSilver are my favorite games in the series, as someone who started with Red on Game Boy.

The thing is that gold/silver had a limited color pallet and they were a little barren by hardware limitations. Ruby/Saphire/LG/FR are perfectly fine!

... As one whom has never owned a Pokemon game (please refrain from murdering moi), are any of the games a better starting point than the others?

Caladrius

#TeamAlpha

Ruby and Sapphire are the pits of the series. Call me when they remake Pokemon Snap.

They need to make Pokemon Triple Platinum

That we we can get three new forms for my favorite Pokemon.

... As one whom has never owned a Pokemon game (please refrain from murdering moi), are any of the games a better starting point than the others?

It's difficult because there's almost no consensus as to what the best pokemon game is.
X and Y are the easiest to find right now and have a good selection of pokemon, so go for one of those I guess.

RM8

The thing is that gold/silver had a limited color pallet and they were a little barren by hardware limitations. Ruby/Saphire/LG/FR are perfectly fine!
Yup, I also think they nailed the 2D Pokémon look with the GBA games. I kind of want to play Ruby again soon :p

I'd recommend SoulSilver/HeartGold on DS. If you wouldn't mind, playing the original Gold/Silver on GB would be okay too, I think they still hold up nicely (but then I have a very high tolerance for outdated hardware, lol).

RM8

Gen 1: Red, Blue (Green in Japan), Yellow
Gen 2: Gold, Silver, Crystal
Gen 3: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald [remakes: FireRed, LeafGreen]
Gen 4: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum [remakes: SoulSilver, HeartGold]
Gen 5: Black, White, BW2
Gen 6: X, Y [remakes: Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire]

RM8

... Oh. That clears things up, I suppose. I may as well buy X and/or Y. I'm not sure if my Gameboy is working any more. ;-;
HeartGold/SoulSilver are DS games, so they work on 3DS too. But now that I think about it, X/Y feel easier than previous games and training became easier because of an item that makes every Pokémon in your party gain experience after a battle. So X/Y might actually be a good starting point despite being the latest generation.

HeartGold/SoulSilver are DS games, so they work on 3DS too. But now that I think about it, X/Y feel easier than previous games and training became easier because of an item that makes every Pokémon in your party gain experience after a battle. So X/Y might actually be a good starting point despite being the latest generation.

X and/or Y it is. Should I just judge which one's best by which cover Pokemon I prefer?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
3. Another Pokemon remake!? Truly the final, desperate gasps of an expired tube of GoGurt.

For real, sis. Why R/S/E? The only thing they brought to the series was Battle Frontier. At least do Johto or Kanto again. :|

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nope, I'd use this list of version exclusive Pokémon instead. Regardless, you're supposed to trade Pokémon with other people to complete your Pokédex, but it's nice being able to get your favorite ones easily.

Too bad trading is ruined when someone wants a level 5 legendary for a "trash" exclusive 'mon to complete your dex.

Reason why I gave up on the GTS back in Diamond and just used the GTS trick for Black and Black 2.

Old = 10 years or more

I mean, I think we're all around the same age here. It's just that when I hear "old" pictures, I think of, like, baby pictures and shit.

It varies. Most of Gaygaf (as well as gaf in general) is in their 20's. A few like me are older and you have a couple of guys like Youngblade still in their teens.

Caladrius

Hmm, continue Escha & Logy or replay Metroid Prime 2 and F-zero GX

Nippleguards are pretty compelling factors though.

For real, sis. Why R/S/E? The only thing they brought to the series was Battle Frontier. At least do Johto or Kanto again. :|

*Complains about milking*

*Asks to milk Kanto for the 4th time*

Sai-kun

Banned
I really hate this world sometimes. Woke up to good news about the Pokemon remakes, and then saw Kotaku pop up in my Facebook feed with an article about the whole Tomodachi same-sex marriage thing, and the comments are just vile.

People are so terrible :/ and they'll never be convinced to be otherwise

Ahasverus

I really hate this world sometimes. Woke up to good news about the Pokemon remakes, and then saw Kotaku pop up in my Facebook feed with an article about the whole Tomodachi same-sex marriage thing, and the comments are just vile.

They do until a close person is touched by it, don't worry :(

Stopped by OT Community for a look see and saw this thread. Thought it would be a good place to ask a question:

I have been asked if I would be interested in helping start up an LGBTA employee resource group here at work. I have a phone call tomorrow with company HR to discuss how to get that implemented.

Anyone here have any experience with doing something along those lines? Any advice on pitfalls/problems that bubble up? Anything I should keep in mind throughout the process?

I'm not LGBTA myself, so any advice given to make sure I'm creating the proper inclusive environment at work is well appreciated advice.

Thanks!

EDIT: Well I should have clarified. Employee Resource Group. D'oh!

Stopped by OT Community for a look see and saw this thread. Thought it would be a good place to ask a question:

I have been asked if I would be interested in helping start up an LGBTA employee here at work. I have a phone call tomorrow with company HR to discuss how to get that implemented.

Anyone here have any experience with doing something along those lines? Any advice on pitfalls/problems that bubble up? Anything I should keep in mind throughout the process?

I'm not LGBTA myself, so any advice given to make sure I'm creating the proper inclusive environment at work is well appreciated advice.

Thanks!

Well, firstly, well done! Secondly, arguably the best thing to do would be to treat them as you would any other person~ In a respectful fashion, nay? One has decided to quit some jobs due to... Well, homophobia.

Otherwise, let the existing employees know of the new employee and that they should treat said employee like any new employee. If there are any objections, well... Hm. Best be honest with the employee on that regard.

(Sorry if I wasn't exactly helpful. :c)

mantidor

What is the A in LGBTA? asexual? that's kind of overkilling things.

I mean, potential problems asexual folk might have in the workplace are way different from the problems gay people could have.

I mean, potential problems asexual folk might have in the workplace are way different from the problems gay people could have.

I think it stands for Asexual... But yes, I see your point. Although I had an asexual friend who found the first half of it's life to be much more difficult than the second half (Yes, I refer to them as 'It'. It's fine with it, oddly. :p)

Sai-kun

Banned

And potential problems bisexual people could have are different as well, but we're still included. Asexual people are just as important.

Casanova

Hello LGBT Gaf, I haven't posted here in a while so just stopping by to say hello!

Oh, I also have a boyfriend now and he is the big sexy bear I've wanted for a long time.

Hope that everyone is doing well, and for those of you who are in college, I hope you are performing well during finals, or have done well, as I know they are going around like the flu!

Until next time!

Marcel

The GAF thread about it is worse as I see it. I can laugh off generically ignorant comments, but it's the people who cloak their bigotry in pedantry and circular arguments that really irk me.

Oh well. Another day, another thread where I type and type and type about inclusiveness and understanding.

I don't like Gaming side as much as I used to anymore because when threads trying to discuss things in the gaming industry are made, a bunch of posters just dismiss it by saying "I just wanna pley gaemz!!"

The GAF thread about it is worse as I see it. I can laugh off generically ignorant comments, but it's the people who cloak their bigotry in pedantry and circular arguments that really irk me.

Oh well. Another day, another thread where I type and type and type about inclusiveness and understanding.

Said threads are everywhere. So keep being awesome by remaining against exclusion and the usual outdated rubbish. Things are getting ever so slightly better each day, depending on where you look.

Village

I don't like Gaming side as much as I used to anymore because when threads trying to discuss things in the gaming industry are made, a bunch of posters just dismiss it by saying "I just wanna pley gaemz!!"

Its sad.

But I stay over there there are enough decent people, and I like hype so.

Guys, Pokemon remakes OMG I still can't believe we'll have them this November. Time to pay for Pokemon Bank!

You ready for trumpets YO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom