• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funallowedbutitmightcomeacrossbadly.jpg

EDIT: I'll elaborate. If I'm calling you out, I'm not holding a grudge at all. But I am aware and concerned about the message it sends.

Responding like it is a big deal for someone in this thread to have sex with women is sending an unwelcoming message. It puts the G first, LBT way behind. Queer people (in this case I infer a bi man) talking about having sex with women belong equally in this thread as those talking about sex with men. It shouldn't be a big deal, shouldn't get a 'wat', an 'ew' or a 'disgusting', whether in jest or not. It's a problem when one person does it and it's disproportionately bigger when a group do it.

I acknowledge that when it's in-group humour (in this case a bi person saying it), it can be different because the context of who is saying it is different, but when people don't know it's in-group it seems the same and so I'm concerned about it too.

Fun is good, there are boundaries to stay in to keep things from being unfun, here's where a boundary should go.

All cool?

Even if it's meant in jest it just comes across gauche IMO. No wonder lesbian GAF doesn't stick around.

A... good point. There are less lesbians than gays, though. I think. In any case, yeah, we could come across as being a little bit more accepting...

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Does anyone enjoy grapefruit? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=816937

Even if it's meant in jest it just comes across gauche IMO. No wonder lesbian GAF doesn't stick around.
Lesbian GAF avoids boy gay gaf because they're over the pokeman.

Also, since the selfies don't do anything for them, they're over the thirst. :p

Lesbian GAF and its subsidiaries have no direct input on this post or any posts made by this member. Lesbian GAF and Lesbian GAF Inc. All Rights Reserved (c) 2014.

Vazduh

Thread is on page 3 of community. Must be rectified ;_____;.

Good morning everyone, btw! <333

Good morning, sis <3

oh my G O D!!!! That video and the noises she makes...

tA1OECl.gif
tA1OECl.gif

Selfie (& shameless promo) time!

My friend's started making spiffy bow-ties from scratch, and hooked me up with one.

YLAI2Fh.jpg

You can check 'em out on twitter/facebook @ Bonafide Bowties. (I'll take this down if it's considered spam (@_@) )

Urgh, college is awfully draining. Why bother? Don't ever do it, ever. Sleep becomes valuable. Precious, even.
I also should not have picked a subject that I am useless at.

daripad

Urgh, college is awfully draining. Why bother? Don't ever do it, ever. Sleep becomes valuable. Precious, even.
I also should not have picked a subject that I am useless at.

Same

lol guys dat reaction to women, no wonder people hate the gays
I'm joking, don't take this seriously!

Caladrius

So I'm on my daily tumblr trawl when I come a cross a smoking hot motherhubbard with muscles that look like they're ready to burst out of his shirt.

It takes me 5 seconds to realize that his face is almost a carbon copy of the dude I have a crush on.

I can't tell if it's really hot or deeply disturbing.

My friend's started making spiffy bow-ties from scratch, and hooked me up with one.

YLAI2Fh.jpg

You can check 'em out on twitter/facebook @ Bonafide Bowties. (I'll take this down if it's considered spam (@_@) )

I seeee...(&#8857;&#12526;&#8857;)

Rayis

This is random but I was thinking about how I think there are more people attracted to men than to women in this world, I think most countries have more women than men and since heterosexuality is way more common, it'd be not too far-fetched to say this is case, of course this is just conjecture, I don't know the actual statistics.

the real world should reflect that, most media doesn't like to sexualize males as much as females

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The ratio is about 101:100 men to women. Probably in part due to China and India's historical favoring of male newborns and subsequent infanticide of female ones.

HOWEVER.

Supposedly most of the Western world (Americas, Europe, Russia) have more women than men.

Sex_ratio_total_population.PNG

Christopher

Can someone post some pics of their style and what they like to wear?

I'm gonna buy some new clothes next week but just getting an idea. I figure you guys would be the best dressed on the forum, since the mens fashion thread is horrid :-X.

Haly

I stick with a few brands/stores. CK, DKNY, Bass, Guess for button up shirts. Uniqlo for undies and socks and whatnot. Levi's for jeans. I usually wear long sleeves but the current trend is for long sleeve shirts to be transformable into short sleeve ones so lack of short sleeves is never a problem. I like to layer my outfits, with tank top (high collar) or cotton shirt underneath and a button up shirt over it. When the weather gets warm, I can unbutton it entirely to get some wind flow going without showing off my tits. I also have a few tees for that really balmy weather, but generally I wear long sleeves.

My favorite colors for shirts are white, grey, blue and black, cold colors basically, although I've been trying to branch out into warm colors. Also, I always try to make sure that the shirt material doesn't wrinkle easily. It's hard to say what makes a wrinkly shirt, but I have had enough experience to determine a shirt's wrinkleness just from touching it.

For fall/winter fashion, my new love is Zara's, which strikes a good balance between flair and subtlety that a lot of other places lack. The coats/jackets I usually see from the big name brands are usually overdesigned as to be tacky or underdesigned as to be boring. Duffel coats are my favorite style. I avoid nylon/feather coats (North Face typifies this style) like the plague.

I used to buy jeans from all sorts of place but I eventually settled on Levi Slims to simplify things. I like to go with dark denim, because most of my tops tend to be light (either white or blue), and dark goes with everything, including dark! No belt, usually. I tend to wear tight fits, so a belt is unnecessary. I only have one braided belt for some of my older less well-fitting pairs of jeans, and for fully dressing up. I avoid belts with punched holes because my waist is extremely thin, so I have to punch new holes to get them to fit.

Shoes, Clark's deck-shoes, slip-ons and heavy boots (for that NE winter), and Nike's sneakers.

I don't usually wear accessories, but I do have a single bracelet I wear on occasion when I'm feeling particularly fancy. They're known as jade zodiac bracelets. In winter I have more stuff. Two scarves (white and gray), and leather gloves from Fox Creek.

EDIT: Is this the part where I swoon and fan myself and ask for more selfies? But no really, I might need a full body pic. Can't tell much from that closeup, except your amazing jawline.

Christopher

I stick with a few brands/stores. CK, DKNY, Bass, Guess for button up shirts. Uniqlo for undies and socks and whatnot. Levi's for jeans. I usually wear long sleeves but the current trend is for long sleeve shirts to be transformable into short sleeve ones so lack of short sleeves is never a problem. I like to layer my outfits, with tank top (high collar) or cotton shirt underneath and a button up shirt over it. When the weather gets warm, I can unbutton it entirely to get some wind flow going without showing off my tits. I also have a few tees for that really balmy weather, but generally I wear long sleeves.

My favorite colors for shirts are white, grey, blue and black, cold colors basically, although I've been trying to branch out into warm colors. Also, I always try to make sure that the shirt material doesn't wrinkle easily. It's hard to say what makes a wrinkly shirt, but I have had enough experience to determine its wrinklability just from touching it.

For fall/winter fashion, my new love is Zara's, which strikes a good balance between flair and subtlety that a lot of other places lack. The coats/jackets I usually see from the big name brands are usually overdesigned as to be tacky or underdesigned as to be boring. Duffel coats are my favorite style. I avoid nylon/feather coats (North Face typifies this style) like the plague.

I used to buy jeans from all sorts of place but I eventually settled on Levi Slims to simplify things. I like to go with dark denim, because most of my tops tend to be light (either white or blue), and dark goes with everything, including dark! No belt, usually. I like tight fits, so a belt is unnecessary. I only have one braided belt for some of my older less well-fitting pairs of jeans, and for fully dressing up. I avoid belts with punched holes because my waist is extremely thin, so I have to punch new holes to get them to fit.

Shoes, Clark's deck-shoes, slip-ons and heavy boots (for that NE winter), and Nike's sneakers.

I don't usually wear accessories, but I do have a single bracelet I wear on occasion when I'm feeling particularly fancy. They're known as jade zodiac bracelets. In winter I have more stuff. Two scarves (white and gray), and leather gloves from Fox Creek.

nice!!!

Haly

Also, ever since I saw Evilore at that, umm, I think it was during E3 2013? It was a bunch of video game people sitting around a table shooting the shit. The Twitch chat pointed out that everyone there (white males in their 20s-30s) were wearing plaid. I could no longer look at the plaid portions of my wardrobe (most of it) without shuddering a bit, and now I make an effort to move away from plaid whenever possible.

Plaid's so nice though...

Good morning, sis <3

oh my G O D!!!! That video and the noises she makes...

tA1OECl.gif
tA1OECl.gif
How's your day?! :D

YLAI2Fh.jpg

Wowwwww!! You look so amazing! o_o I also really dig that bowtie!! I totally wouldn't mind one myself o_o I love bowties soo much!

Sai-kun

Banned
At this point, 99% of my t-shirts/tank tops are from festivals/bands/DJs, and I do /not/ need any more. (But I still buy a shirt from every show that I go to..)

Haly

One more thing, for tees, there's nothing I hate more than seeing a logo plastered all over it. I don't want to be a walking advertisement. The only except to this is when the logo is abstracted into some kind of design, so I don't need to feel like a walking mannequin.

Like so:

I stay away from Ralph Lauren and Tom Hilfiger tees for this very reason.

EDIT: There's that weird Nexus 5 blur again.

Also, ever since I saw Evilore at that, umm, I think it was during E3 2013? It was a bunch of video game people sitting around a table shooting the shit. The Twitch chat pointed out that everyone there (white males in their 20s-30s) were wearing plaid. I could no longer look at the plaid portions of my wardrobe (most of it) without shuddering a bit, and now I make an effort to move away from plaid whenever possible.

Plaid's so nice though...
Those were the Giant Bomb people and I remember the video even though I didn't know/remember Evilore was in it (but he was).

Caladrius

I'm gonna buy some new clothes next week but just getting an idea. I figure you guys would be the best dressed on the forum, since the mens fashion thread is horrid :-X.

What kind of climate do you live in?

My previous post's probably not that helpful.

Are you asking for everyday casual wear? I pretty much stick to form-fitting T-shirts (especially stuff that look like what Threadless has), or plaid button shirts. Non baggy jeans, but nothing ridiculously and uncomfortably tight.

Also, kinda dying for these shoes. Although, I'm not paying that price.

Oh, and I know watches are obsolete but I think they tie a look together really well. Love sporty G-Shocks. Nooka has some amazing designs too like this guy, but lol they can gtfo with that ridiculous price.

I just stay naked all the time
with this temperature, I wish I could be

OMG I know. *Hugs AC*

Cardigans, snapbacks and Chuck's are my thing lately o__o.

But I also have a lot of jackets, since I live in Vancouver.. Like bomber jackets and varsity jackets o_o.

Did y'all have a good day? :D

Meicyn

Gold Member
Henleys look great on guys that have the build for it. If you've got a chest like Replicant, it looks really, really good. Damn, does it look good. If you've got a slim build like me though, Henleys seem to amplify your slim build by a huge margin and it just looks bad, IMO. I stay far away from them.

Personally, I like to wear V-necks and button-ups. If I'm wearing a V-neck T-Shirt or a short-sleeve button-up with jeans or shorts (I like 10" inseam flat shorts), I'll wear a pair of Vans or nice flip flops depending on where I'm going. If I'm wearing a long-sleeve button-up with jeans, I break out the brown oxfords... love the simple, clean look of oxford shoes. I accessorize with a silver colored Citizen watch on the left hand. It's a simple but elegant watch, not too big but not too small, and the silver color goes with just about anything. My black Fossil watch only comes out if I'm wearing a suit, which is a rarity. Man do I love wearing it when I can.

I generally shop at Express, as they sell clothing that fits my frame really well. Never pay full price though, their prices are outrageous. 50% off or bust.

On another note, I'll finally be home in about a week. Can't freaking wait to have internet access 24/7 again! So excited. There's going to be a six month backlog of games, TV shows, and movies to go through, it's going to be awesome.

Made another video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzQlE4bQmf8

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Btw, I found some new dirty talk material via Hannibal that I wanted to run by you guys:

"I'm gonna feed you to my pigs"

"They're going to find something wrong with your lady-parts"

thoughts

Haly

Only with that very special someone.

And if you both have a safeword that's not "pig".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom