• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What brought about this revelation in particular?

Replicant

Oh yeah? Bring it >:D!
0B7WY0L.jpg

ibmtns2l4Lwcjn.gif

Speaking of horror, anyone else playing "Outlast: The Whistleblower"? So there I was last night, or rather, my character, hiding underneath a bed while a chainsaw-wielding maniac is chasing after me. For once it's nice to play the screaming-male-in-distress instead of the macho special agent. Although I wish I can hit my stalker with a weapon sometimes instead of just running and hiding all the time.

What brought about this revelation in particular?

Eh a few things. I like being an ass to people online. I'm generally much nicer in real life, but can sometimes be an ass in real life too. Like I realized that a lot of the times if someone is wrong about something or doesn't understand something I don't simply correct them, but pick words that make them feel dumb for being wrong or not getting something. That's a bit unintentional, but I've caught myself doing it a lot.

@ above: I played Outlast. Or tried. Scared the fuck out of me. Ended up watching a friend play it. Still screamed like a baby.

Haly

Well, at least you're aware of it. The next step is self moderating that dickishness. You don't have to stop being a dick, because changing who you are is a titanic effort, but you can control how much of that dick shows up when it's unwanted.

Well, at least you're aware of it. The next step is self moderating that dickishness. You don't have to stop being a dick, because changing who you are is a titanic effort, but you can control how much of that dick shows up when it's unwanted.

Time to develop a filter I guess. At least I'm finally self aware of the behavior. That's the first step.

I also sometimes can't help but ridicule certain opinions online. Like some person on Facebook thought Sword Art Online was a good show and I basically said: "Oh so what did you like about it? The plethora of almost-rape scenes in the second half, or the obscene amounts of incestual subtext?"

ibmtns2l4Lwcjn.gif

Speaking of horror, anyone else playing "Outlast: The Whistleblower"? So there I was last night, or rather, my character, hiding underneath a bed while a chainsaw-wielding maniac is chasing after me. For once it's nice to play the screaming-male-in-distress instead of the macho special agent. Although I wish I can hit my stalker with a weapon sometimes instead of just running and hiding all the time.

X1030582838 points for using that gif LOLL!!!
even more flustering that it's coming from you :3
o___o

Haly

That's perfectly okay. Unapologetic SAO fans are the scum of the earth.

Kittens I admire how true and honest to yourself you are...it's refreshing, not particularly my lifestyle, but it's nice to be so open and honest.

Thank you. I like who I'm growing up to be. :)

Erin: what a sweet story! You two are cute together :)

<3 Awww yay! San Antonio-GAF have probably seen us around town, we're practically a fixture at #LasSalsas ;P

I for one want to discuss Glee, why do you people like Glee, they reuse the same top 40 hits each month in the most asinie situations, with bland arrangements and cheesy storylines. I find insultig when people tell me "YOu must LOVE Glee, you're gay after all" I mean, why.

I haven't enjoyed watching TV or going to the moves since I was like, 12. Everyone thinks I'm a freak for that.

lenovox1

Also, any good music apps? I'll probably use the phone as music player while studying if it's not too insanely draining on the battery (my guess is it will be...)

It won't be, especially as it's not screen driving. Modern phone processors are designed to play media very efficiently.

Mr_Zombie

Also, any good music apps? I'll probably use the phone as music player while studying if it's not too insanely draining on the battery (my guess is it will be...)

For mp3 players I can recommend you Poweramp. It's a paid app, but it's really great. There's a free 15 days trial version available at Play Store if you want to try it.

Vazduh

Heads up gayz

Netflix just got the acclaimed French gay thriller Stranger by the Lake! It's even got unsimulated sex scenes! GOGOGOGO

I fell asleep watching that one, and mind you, I usually like slower-paced movies ;_; I'll give it another shot sometime soon.

As for the secks, hm... I'm pretty sure that the
handjob
was real, but the other scenes (the ones I saw, lol) could have been simulated.

Bladenic

Laying in bed in the early morning when it's raining is so relaxing. Especially when you have someone to cuddle with (which I don't right now haha).

dudes i'm like so mentally tired.. why does family stuff have to be so exhausting. Like, i'm in my home and everything feels so gloomy and everyone here looks sad.

Laying in bed in the early morning when it's raining is so relaxing. Especially when you have someone to cuddle with (which I don't right now haha).

This is my morning like everyday.. Since it literally rains all the time where I live LOL.

Good morning everybody <3333

dudes i'm like so mentally tired.. why does family stuff have to be so exhausting. Like, i'm in my home and everything feels so gloomy and everyone here looks sad.

you sure they look sad? maybe you're just looking at them upside down and blood is rushing to your head making you all light headed and whatnot.

daripad

I thought I was the only one that listened to music while studying. Everyone calls me crazy when I confess it. Spotify has a great selection of music, though lately all the artists I like are missing one or two albums (Oasis ;__;)

I'm not, but damn, you gotta admit, BB is a handsome man.

I'd hit it.

Definitly, I agree

Dany

Banned
I thought I was the only one that listened to music while studying. Everyone calls me crazy when I confess it. Spotify has a great selection of music, though lately all the artists I like are missing one or two albums (Oasis ;__;)

Definitly, I agree
Whut, everyone listens to music to study. Like its weird when I come across someone who doesnT.

For music apps, I have my trust pandora app, perfectly curated for studying. There is spotify if your in the states which is also has a radio component but its maily better because you can search and play anything.

Whut, everyone listens to music to study. Like its weird when I come across someone who doesnT.

I prefer not to, even music that's ambient or doesn't have any conventional 'hooks' is still too commanding of my attention I think. Silence can sometimes be a bit intrusive too though, if I want to listen to something white/pink/red noise is ok. But with music I find it's kind of like when you fall asleep with the TV on and you don't really sleep as well because it's like you're half asleep or something, if that makes sense.

edit: Red/Brownian noise is my fav.
edit2: this video is better.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I prefer not to, even music that's ambient or doesn't have any conventional 'hooks' is still too commanding of my attention I think. Silence can sometimes be a bit intrusive too though, if I want to listen to something white/pink/red noise is ok. But with music I find it's kind of like when you fall asleep with the TV on and you don't really sleep as well because it's like you're half asleep or something, if that makes sense.

Same. I can't concentrate on anything if there's music playing or lots of noise.

you sure they look sad? maybe you're just looking at them upside down and blood is rushing to your head making you all light headed and whatnot.
Ohh lol I meant "everyone here" as in everyone in my house not everyone in this thread sorry.

Anyway, my best friend sent me an instagram video of the hottest gay guy in the school getting a lapdance by a stripper in Mexico and I laughed so hard because the stripper did that thing where they smack you with their ass using their legs or something and that shit looked like it hurt so much lol

okay so you're like... sitting down and getting the dance, and like the put their feet on your shoulders and then they push their butt towards your face and hit you with it, it looks painful.

Same. I can't concentrate on anything if there's music playing or lots of noise.

Yeah, and also you intermittently realize you'd rather listen to music than study, so it dampens my already weak commitment to study :p

I like music on but it absolutely cannot be danceable.

This is the kind of fare I put on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXZtyAomsag

Vocals and vocal samples are a big no for me, way too anthropomorphic and available to affective perception. It's kind of like why the sound of babies crying is so consistently annoying to us, we're biologically wired to take notice of that sort of thing.

Droney ambient music might be okay, but at that point you're just better off with soothing, more or less aesthetically neutral noise imo, something like this can transport you somewhere else which just makes you realize you'd rather be there instead :p

Caladrius

Vocals and vocal samples are a big no for me, way too anthropomorphic and available to affective perception. It's kind of like why the sound of babies crying is so consistently annoying to us, we're biologically wired to take notice of that sort of thing.

Droney ambient music might be okay, but at that point you're just better off with soothing, more or less aesthetically neutral noise imo, something like this can transport you somewhere else which just makes you realize you'd rather be there instead :p

I never really get sensations like that. I have a hard time attaching sentiment to music unless my full attention is on it, and below a certain tempo things just tend to fade into the background. (I have a vicious case of tinnitus though so that may just be a side effect of me learning to cope with that.)

but that would get me banned :(

PMs are a wonderful thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom