• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to vent a bit and need some guidance. I went on a date a while ago with someone that I met on a dating site. He has a lot in common with me and I enjoy talking to him. I enjoyed our date but I just don't know how I feel about him. I don't think I like him. The problem is that this has happened to me before. I'll start talking to a guy and get really excited that we have so much in common but then when we hangout all that disappears. I feel crappy because I have such a hard time liking people.

Knowing if you have chemistry with someone requires you meeting them, because that's the medium it happens through. Previously you would begin by meeting someone and then observing your chemistry would be a key part of the selection process, but with online dating there's an added step before that. I think the trick is to just avoid forming any expectations before the important part of the process.

I don't like many people either, and to be honest I didn't even really know what it was like to like someone until I experienced 'love at first sight'. But I had met thousands of different people (well, I assume so anyways) prior to that.

Ahasverus

You know how it feels that the just elected president of your country is a bigoted asshole who will criminalize your sexual orientation again?

Like shit.

I still don't really get what "chemistry" is in a relationship context. Is it simply a word to describe how interaction in an online medium (where a lot of people meet now) can be a lot different than real world interaction with the same person?

You know how it feels that the just elected president of your country is a bigoted asshole who will criminalize your sexual orientation again?

Like shit.

Oh wow... that's really awful. Sorry to hear that. :(

Any chance of being able to emigrate?

Caladrius

You've never attempted something, failed numerous times, and then blamed something else? Ie. "I failed the class because the teacher fucking sucks." "I fucking lost this round because of lag!" etc..

Not with people, no. Yeah, there's assholes at times, but whenever I get into a streak of failed interactions and whatnot there's always one unifying thread between all of them, and that'd be myself.

Wrestling singlets are one of the hottest things a man can wear.

With the right frame definitely.

Like shit.

*Cringes* Where do you live?

I still don't really get what "chemistry" is in a relationship context. Is it simply a word to describe how interaction in an online medium (where a lot of people meet now) can be a lot different than real world interaction with the same person?

I don't see how it could be, since the use of the word in that context far precedes the internet.

It's pretty visceral, so I don't really know how productive an explanation could possibly be. And the word itself does kind of evoke what it's getting at. Personally I think it's an experience of 'duality', an other person feels like they're holding a mirror up to you. Normally 'tepid' information like your immediate perceptions of them, their body language/mannerisms, appearance, and a crude grasp of their personality all form a singular and penetrating perception that's stimulating on this weird unconscious level that can feel almost dreamlike. It's kind of like feeling you love someone inside and out, it's the motive for wanting to 'merge' with someone.

At least that's at what I understand as the higher end of the scale, there are degrees.

Ahasverus

Oh wow... that's really awful. Sorry to hear that. :(

Any chance of being able to emigrate?

Not a chance for 3.5 years, after getting my degree, pretty much all the presidential period :(
Time to hide myself again.

You know, the last president wasn't the best, but he wasn't that bad, he supported us a lot, he wanted the equal marriage to pass congress (it didn't) and legalized our unions, he created the anti-discrimination law etc., but he lost the re-election because people don't like a Peace Treaty as they are doing now with the guerrillas, they want a war (still ongoing for 50 years) and want to KILL and want blood and "retribution", so we're back to ultra right-wing christian fundamentalists. Think your tea party. That bad.

*Cringes* Where do you live?
Co-fucking-lombia. But that just shows the kind of people that lives in a country named after a mass murderer. Fuck everyone who voted for that stupid killer fuck fuck fuck ./Ultra rant

It's pretty visceral, so I don't really know how productive an explanation could possibly be. And the word itself does kind of evoke what it's getting at. Personally I think it's an experience of 'duality', an other person feels like they're holding a mirror up to you. Normally 'tepid' information like your immediate perceptions of them, their body language/mannerisms, appearance, and a crude grasp of their personality all form a singular and penetrating perception that's stimulating on this weird unconscious level that can feel almost dreamlike. It's kind of like feeling you love someone inside and out, it's the motive for wanting to 'merge' with someone.

How the fuck does someone figure all that out on a single date.

daripad

Ok I'm done trying to come out to people. I'll never do anything here, I will leave as soon as I'm able to, I'll try my best to be able to do it

I guess you missed the part where I mentioned degrees. I thought a stronger example would help you 'get' less extreme examples of a similar phenomenon.

Ah I guess I didn't understand what you meant by degrees.

Though I don't get then how people can say that two actors/actresses can have or not have chemistry, if it is so personal an experience as you describe.

Ah I guess I didn't understand what you meant by degrees.

Though I don't get then how people can say that two actors/actresses can have or not have chemistry, if it is so personal an experience as you describe.

An experience being largely internal or subjective doesn't exclude an observable element (why would it?)

An experience being largely internal or subjective doesn't exclude an observable element (why would it?)

Idk your post made it sound like it was purely internal. Thoughts are completely internal, and there's no observable element that gives away what someone is specifically thinking. I don't think it was crazy for me to assume "chemistry" might be the same.

Idk your post made it sound like it was purely internal. Thoughts are completely internal, and there's no observable element that gives away what someone is specifically thinking. I don't think it was crazy for me to assume "chemistry" might be the same.

I was describing it as subjective because that's the thing to 'get' as far as what is being talked about :p

And I can't decide whether this is really on topic or not, but 'chemistry' for actors describes a related but not identical phenomenon. What is being described there in the broadest sense is an ability to play off each other. That in particular should be conspicuous (not that what I'm describing can't be) because acting involves making thoughts and feelings manifest as actions/interactions.

mantidor

Like shit.

Calm down.

He is still not elected, he can't criminalize sexual orientation even if he really wanted, the courts would struck it down immediately.

I do not see much hope for gay marriage though, no matter the winner.

Ahasverus

Calm down.

He is still not elected, he can't criminalize sexual orientation even if he really wanted, the courts would struck it down immediately.

I do not see much hope for gay marriage though, no matter the winner.

Hmm I don't care about marraige that much, but you know he isn't going to be of any help. That's not the party's only human rights violation, I truly despise all he stands for. But whatever. We have what we deserve, I suppose.

RM8

Sucks :( It seems like recently, while some countries go forward, some not even remain the same, but go backwards like India and Russia. It's so weird.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Www.ae.com

Can anyone reccomend two button down shiets that would look good on me? Thanks buddies :)

Their website is down atm.

Chemistry is a personal/internal thing, but it's also usually very obvious to people on the outside whether it's there or not.

Watch Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones and carefully watch Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman's scenes together. Notice anything (even if you can't put it into words)...lacking? That's because they have no chemistry together. See also: Kristen Stewart and Robert Patinson in the Twilight films or Katie Holmes and Christian Bale in Batman Begins.

Now watch Mr. and Mrs. Smith starring Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. You can just tell that there's something real between them even if it's hard to define. (this was before they were a couple btw, though like a lot of other on screen couples who had chemistry, they quickly became an item off screen)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The Ellen Show Mario and Luigi coming out skit was cringeworthy and to some point almost disturbing. >.>

Monocle

Hotness confirmed for Smash Bros Wii U. Unf. Woof?

main.png
Looks like I missed the Ike thirst by a few days, but yeah, he could totally get it. Would main.
Hard.

On a related note, Little Mac needs a shirtless costume. For realism. I mean, he's a boxer right?

I know Nintendo has a wholesome image and everything but it's not my fault if they put studs in their games.

Just had the worst and ego crushing meeting off of Scruff. Made plans to meet up with a guy I've been chatting with and trading pics. We were just gonna meet briefly, just to check each other out. Not 5 mins into meeting he tells me that I don't look as big or muscular as in my pics. He pulls up my profile on his phone like he's accusing me of something. I tell him it's me, but I'm wearing a tank top in the pic, whereas when we met I was wearing a dress shirt. I basically feel awkward and we part ways. He mssg's me later in the app and accuses me again. I dunno what to tell him. So I tell him that I don't appreciate the accusations, and that I am who I am. I never pretended to be a body builder, and I've shown him many pics. I feel like shit. Feel awful. I actually teared up after cuz I already have awful self esteem. To make it worse, he's not the only guy to have said I'm not muscular enough...or good enough. I hate myself even more now.

Edit: this is me

Monocle I never knew you were gay (or bi). And I've been seeing you post since like... 2012.

I reacted the same way last month when I found out lol.

Looks like I missed the Ike thirst by a few days, but yeah, he could totally get it. Would main.
Hard.

On a related note, Little Mac needs a shirtless costume. For realism. I mean, he's a boxer right?

I know Nintendo has a wholesome image and everything but it's not my fault if they put studs in their games.

I've never thought about that till now. Kind of doesn't make sense. Why do boxers go topless? It's not like swimming or biking where long flowing clothing can create drag.

Sibylus

Banned
Just had the worst and ego crushing meeting off of Scruff. Made plans to meet up with a guy I've been chatting with and trading pics. We were just gonna meet briefly, just to check each other out. Not 5 mins into meeting he tells me that I don't look as big or muscular as in my pics. He pulls up my profile on his phone like he's accusing me of something. I tell him it's me, but I'm wearing a tank top in the pic, whereas when we met I was wearing a dress shirt. I basically feel awkward and we part ways. He mssg's me later in the app and accuses me again. I dunno what to tell him. So I tell him that I don't appreciate the accusations, and that I am who I am. I never pretended to be a body builder, and I've shown him many pics. I feel like shit. Feel awful. I actually teared up after cuz I already have awful self esteem. To make it worse, he's not the only guy to have said I'm not muscular enough...or good enough. I hate myself even more now.

The downside is that you met some shallow assholes. The upside is that they outed themselves before they wasted much of your time.

*hugs and pets head*

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Speaking of, I'm surprised Nintendo is letting Konami put that nearly topless DDDD woman in that new Dynasty Warriors Zelda game. It's so trashy.

That's fucking awful and I'm sorry that happened to you. *hugz* That guy was a total asshole (as were the other "not good enough" guys), borderline psychotic if he kept badgering you about it, but unfortunately those apps are filled to the brim with pieces of shit like him.

You're a very good looking guy though, dood, so know that his words were literally, factually incorrect. He's clearly not the kind of person you want to be associated with anyway, so better you found that out sooner rather than later.

It's not entirely rare for Nintendo to allow a game on their system that isn't quite in mesh with their standards. Conker's Bad Fur Day for example was a nintendo exclusive (untill MS bought Rare).

:( shit sucks ass space. That guy sounds like a huge tool. You deserve so much better and can find way better than that. It may be tough no doubt right now and you have every right to be pissed off. Try to not feel bad about yourself though. You're a great dude, who has way more to contribute than someone like him claiming that you are being deceptive. If he was being a jerk to you like that after talking to him before, then its him who was being fake, not the other way around

Monocle

Monocle I never knew you were gay (or bi). And I've been seeing you post since like... 2012.
Haha yeah, I'm gay. Maybe I've accidentally kept a foot in the GAF closet because I haven't been a regular in Gay-GAF threads.

I reacted the same way last month when I found out lol.

I've never thought about that till now. Kind of doesn't make sense. Why do boxers go topless? It's not like swimming or biking where long flowing clothing can create drag.
Maybe so there's nothing to grab onto (except rippling manflesh)? I don't know, but I approve. Boxers aren't really my type though, unless they're Little Mac.

Speaking of, I'm surprised Nintendo is letting Konami put that nearly topless DDDD woman in that new Dynasty Warriors Zelda game. It's so trashy.
If Link has to show that tart how it's done by losing his tunic at some point, I will be very cross. Yes, that would be just awful.

Yeah, I'm shameless. Hot is hot

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

You are a beautiful guy visually and you have a great personality. Do not let those bitches get you down when they probably look like shit or simply being extremely nitpicky over stuff. Love yourself in order to love someone else. Those apps are full of superficial people that might hurt you but you should know better who you are. You are who you are and if they aint gonna love you for who you are believe me there thousands or millions of guys that would go out with you. Don't pay too much attention to the app where there are people saying they are looking for friends when their pics are butt shots or chest pics.

lenovox1

I feel like shit. Feel awful. I actually teared up after cuz I already have awful self esteem. To make it worse, he's not the only guy to have said I'm not muscular enough...or good enough. I hate myself even more now.

You need some company, SpaceBridge. And if you lived in Las Vegas instead of Canada, it'd be...

PfcTh7y.gif

Up until recently, all fabrics were difficult to move in once you started to sweat.

RM8

That'd be Tecmo Koei, AKA the company behind DOA :p And I thought the same, it's really out of character for any game involving the Zelda name.

@SpaceBridge: Get real. Do you really see a bad looking guy in that pic? No, you don't. You know it. Don't let stupid people bring you down, especially stupid people you hardly / don't know, especially if meeting them through dating apps. I'm tempted to post a pic of my magnificent biceps to cheer you up :p Your upper right arm is more muscular than my entire anatomy.

Yeah. I think they're okay with it because it's just a spin-off game.
She's obvious fan service for straight boys.

I could never see Nintendo making a female character like that, and if they did it would be a much better design.(Think Jessica Rabbit vs cool world's Holli Would)
The Zelda team has some impeccable artist who can create really unique looking characters, I can't see them coming up with something as trite as Cia tbh.

Edit:
Excuse moi?
These designs are like ten times better than Cia's.
They're quite classy looking, and a lot less transparent.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Vazduh

I need to vent a bit and need some guidance. I went on a date a while ago with someone that I met on a dating site. He has a lot in common with me and I enjoy talking to him. I enjoyed our date but I just don't know how I feel about him. I don't think I like him. The problem is that this has happened to me before. I'll start talking to a guy and get really excited that we have so much in common but then when we hangout all that disappears. I feel crappy because I have such a hard time liking people.

Just trust your gut feeling. If you feel like there might be something there, then give him another chance. If you don't, move on.

I guess it just means you haven't met the right guy yet. I have a question: is there anyone you're still hung up on, at least a little bit? Like an ex or a crush maybe?

The guy you met on Scruff is a class-A superficial douchebag/piece-of-shit who doesn't deserve anyone. As for the others who told you the same, they can go fuck themselves.

I honestly can't believe the audacity of those guys, how dare they say things like that? That's beyond rude, and not to mention false because you look great, and I bet you're also a great guy.

The only one that is comparable to Cia is the first one, but she doesn't even look like that in game because she's just a tiny sprite.

Tbh, I don't think Veran is comparable to Cia. Sure her cleavage is exposed, but her outfit and pose doesn't scream fan service to me. She looks more in line with a character like Maleficent. I read "evil queen" when I look at her rather than "sexy fan service lady"
:p

Does Zelda really need fan service for gross horny animus though? I mean...
Nope.
I really wish Cia didn't exist tbh.
I'm guessing fan service is a thing in the "Warriors" games, and Aonuma just didn't care.
Or he was hypnotized by the tits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom