• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not on Craiglist, Not on Grindr, Scruff, Hornet.

Okcupid its ok I guess.

Yeah. I think it's funny how there's guys on Grindr with "looking for the one" "looking for a long-term relationship" "no hook ups" "here for friends" in their about me but they have 'Right Now' as one of their options in their profile. I've tried the whole Grindr business and it gets pointless after a while, don't think I'd ever go back to it. People are so messy on Grindr.
Okcupid is okay. I got pretty close to having an actual boyfriend from Jack'd too.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I mean, I know people wanna have sex and all..but it's fucking craiglist

LOL I feel if I actually tried meeting up someone from craigslist I would end up in a tub full of ice missing a kidney or shot dead on a corner. Oh right option C would be catching an STD.

Never taking anyone from that site seriously.

Craigslist User said:
Married .. with children ... A closeted c@cksucker .. Record me, Abuse me. Lock me up .. I want to be your oral slave.... no photos cause I am married .. Give me your number and let me know what you want to do ... If you live alone you can tie me up in a room and use me whenever you want ... I want friends that force me on phone to get them off...

You guys expect me not to laugh?

LOL I feel if I actually tried meeting up someone from craigslist I would end up in a tub full of ice missing a kidney or shot dead on a corner. Oh right option C would be catching an STD.

My old roommate would try to get new people for his band on that site. I told him don't be surprised if you one day find yourself chopped up and stuffed into your speakers.

He met some CRAZY people. (One person literally asked him to meet in an abandoned warehouse.)

Christopher

My old roommate would try to get new people for his band on that site. I told him don't be surprised if you one day find yourself chopped up and stuffed into your speakers.

He met some CRAZY people. (One person literally asked him to meet in an abandoned warehouse.)

did he go?

Yeah meeting people off those apps seem creepy, and I'm honestly shocked and very suprised about all the long lasting relationships, that's so fucking awesome.

*Chris does not like using the F word.

You guys expect me not to laugh?
lmao
but "married...with children" is so sad :l why do some gays do this to themselves

Vazduh

I think you like being comfy. I shave because I gotta do a job search otherwise I would have a beard too. I wear band t-shirts or videogame shirts and some b-ball shorts. Then again I dont go out that much.

Since you also have a beard, I have a stupid question I can't help but ask: do you also feel kind of naked without it? Although I guess it's a matter of habit, I feel weird after I shave it, it just feels off. And it's not just me, I often got comments from my friends and relatives that I look weird without it, lmao. That really does wonders for one's self-esteem <3

As for the clothes and the
often
unkempt beard, I agree, it's just being comfy, there's nothing wrong about it.

Any luck finding a job so far?

Why, thank you very muchly~ However, due to the unique way that the UK's college system works, I have technically failed. But it's still a bit of optimism in my usual tirade of failures. Anyways though, thanks! And have a nice sleep. Preferably a long, wedding-less sleep.

Oh, man, that sucks :/ I suppose that now you have to repeat courses you haven't passed, right? Or how does that go in the UK?

You're so sweet, mister! O____O I'll keep me coming if you do! :D

You're the sweet one! :D I think I can speak on behalf of the entire LGBT gaf if I say yes, please.

Nah I just didn't want to seem like I'm fishing please all the good comments you want ! All in fun and nothing wrong with making each other feel good!

I didn't take it that way because you were explaining your fitness regime, so it didn't look like compliment-fishing at all. Even if it was, there's nothing bad about it here and there :)

As for your question about relationships, I was in one for almost 2,5 years, although the last six months were long distance. I can seriously say that those months were by far the most emotionally exhausting months I've ever gone through and I would never wish that torture upon anyone. Two weeks before we broke up, my ex finally admitted he wasn't sure whether he felt anything towards me at all, so I had to pull the plug because he didn't have the guts to do it himself. It took me nearly a year to recover from all that. Because of that experience, I don't think I'd ever want to go through a LDR again, I'm too fragile for that.

I have to say one thing, though: I really admire those people who make it work, it's not easy. It's definitely not impossible if both partners are equally committed.

By the way, here's something not entirely related to Christopher's question, but it's a piece of advice for everyone: Please learn from my mistakes and don't reach out to your ex with a long-ass mail a few months after the breakup, if you feel hurt about it. Even though my life's a big-ass mess, I usually say I wouldn't change a single thing about it. However, that is the only thing I'd change if I could turn back time, honestly.

Christopher, you also mentioned Looking. I can kind of see why you'd think the show did the gays a disservice, although personally, I wouldn't take it like a representation of the entire gay community, it's just a fun soap opera with gay characters in it. I guess for the writers those characters in a long-term relationships wouldn't be as exciting as the ones who are looking
(heh)
for something substantial, so that's why most of the guys on the show are like that, that is - dumb, shallow and horny, it's better for drama.

Vazduh

Well, from what I see I can tell you're a very cute guy, although you shouldn't have covered your mouth with a cellphone :D

VegiHam

It can be unhelpful to focus on the one part of someone though. There'll be more than one guy out there for you so don't waste time on the wrong one just cus you feel like he's your only hope. It's not fun.

Like, if you find someone with stuff in common who likes you; but you aren't good together, don't feel like 'well it took this long to find anything so I'll just stick with it'.

Alrus

The elusive gay long term-relationship, how does one even find one of those?

I got drunk one night in town and ended up at his place. He invited me to the movie the next day. He wasn't my type at all but he made me laugh when I was in a bad place. Love isn't always where you think it'll be I guess.

Bladenic

The guy I hooked up with last night was such an awful kisser. Teeth everywhere.

Also I'm afraid I'm entering my slut phase. Shit.

Casanova

Serious question:

I've been in a decent relationship going on 5 months now. I'm enjoying it for the most part. Not that much sexual "rush" as there was in the beginning, but it is still enjoyable.

To make a long story short, this was the first guy I had ever been with. I met him on Scruff, the gay dating app. At the time, the only guys that were really talking to me were tops who were into little bears (cubby's) and that's what I am - so I would respond by saying that I'm mostly bottom. While I did enjoy it a lot at first, and still do, I do really enjoy topping. Which is what I did after I hooked up with him the first time and met a few more guys.

After a couple months of him and I hooking up we decided we would try to take it to the next step. We go out all the time and we get along and share laughs all the time, which is great. But he's really just not my ideal type. I want a short, kind of stocky or a little gut, cub, like me. He's also very feminine, which is sometimes a huge turn-off for me.

Anyway, what should I do? I like him but I know that I would stop seeing him if someone of my ideal type came along. Is it wrong of me to feel this way? I'm thinking of telling him the truth but it's just so hard. He is, quite literally, my first boyfriend... but I just also know that it won't work out for a long time because of the lack of sexual spark.

Help me GAF.

Vazra

Since you also have a beard, I have a stupid question I can't help but ask: do you also feel kind of naked without it? Although I guess it's a matter of habit, I feel weird after I shave it, it just feels off. And it's not just me, I often got comments from my friends and relatives that I look weird without it, lmao. That really does wonders for one's self-esteem <3

As for the clothes and the
often
unkempt beard, I agree, it's just being comfy, there's nothing wrong about it.

Any luck finding a job so far?

I had a beard. Shaved it like a week ago so I could do some job hunting. For some reason in here Beard = Unclean or unprofessional it seems in some places. (I can understand the need to be shaved if you are applying for restaurant or something along those lines) I feel naked without it cause I think I look better with it but Im used to shaving it as when I had my work as a Security Officer I had to keep my face shaved. Now I have a baby face -_-

At least its growing back.
10342823_577067935744376_6241307493418903141_n.jpg

As for the job hunt I applied for multiple places this week so we'll see how that goes. Hoping Costco calls my ass cause the money I get from there is way more than other places and better benefits too.

I do think it's sorta sad that a strong majority of the gay community (at least where I live) focuses only on physical appearance when looking for a match :(!

But Young definitely is very cute! And you have a good personality! You'll have no problems :) just make sure that whoever you end up with likes you for both of those things!

royalan

Serious question:

I've been in a decent relationship going on 5 months now. I'm enjoying it for the most part. Not that much sexual "rush" as there was in the beginning, but it is still enjoyable.

To make a long story short, this was the first guy I had ever been with. I met him on Scruff, the gay dating app. At the time, the only guys that were really talking to me were tops who were into little bears (cubby's) and that's what I am - so I would respond by saying that I'm mostly bottom. While I did enjoy it a lot at first, and still do, I do really enjoy topping. Which is what I did after I hooked up with him the first time and met a few more guys.

After a couple months of him and I hooking up we decided we would try to take it to the next step. We go out all the time and we get along and share laughs all the time, which is great. But he's really just not my ideal type. I want a short, kind of stocky or a little gut, cub, like me. He's also very feminine, which is sometimes a huge turn-off for me.

Anyway, what should I do? I like him but I know that I would stop seeing him if someone of my ideal type came along. Is it wrong of me to feel this way? I'm thinking of telling him the truth but it's just so hard. He is, quite literally, my first boyfriend... but I just also know that it won't work out for a long time because of the lack of sexual spark.

Help me GAF.

You tell him the truth. That he's not really your type, and while you like him as a person, you're not romantically (or much sexually) attracted to him and he deserves to be with someone who actually likes him as he is, and not for his role as an emotional crutch.

And you do it ASAP. Every day you string this poor guy along brings you closer to being an asshole. And if you're aware of this and you're knowingly stringing him along until you meet you "ideal type" then guess what? You don't have to wait: you're already an asshole.

daripad

I do think it's sorta sad that a strong majority of the gay community (at least where I live) focuses only on physical appearance when looking for a match :(!

It happens here too. But it's not only a gay thing, straight people act the same way. There are people out there looking for personalities though I think is fine to set some physical standards too while not being rigid with it. For example I like guys with cute faces, but if I found someone who looks hideous but is a guy who loves videogames and dogs as I do and is an intelligent and kind person, I wouldn't say no to him even though I don't feel physically attracted to him. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I hope it happens to me because I'm not an attractive person compared to other guys heh

Vazduh

I had a beard. Shaved it like a week ago so I could do some job hunting. For some reason in here Beard = Unclean or unprofessional it seems in some places. (I can understand the need to be shaved if you are applying for restaurant or something along those lines) I feel naked without it cause I think I look better with it but Im used to shaving it as when I had my work as a Security Officer I had to keep my face shaved. Now I have a baby face -_-

At least its growing back.

As for the job hunt I applied for multiple places this week so we'll see how that goes. Hoping Costco calls my ass cause the money I get from there is way more than other places and better benefits too.

It's like that everywhere, honestly, people kind of associate beards with unprofessionalism. Although personally I think you look adorable like this, I can understand why you'd feel awkward, especially if you prefer not to shave your beard, like me. I wish you good luck in finding a job and I hope you get the one you want :)

The guy I hooked up with last night was such an awful kisser. Teeth everywhere.

Also I'm afraid I'm entering my slut phase. Shit.

I never realized what a bad kisser truly meant until I made out with one guy last summer. He would literally just pucker his lips, press them onto mine and tilt his head left and right, which was beyond awkward and ridiculous, especially since he was much more experienced than me
(everyone's more experienced than me, lol)
. Even though he was a nice guy, it seriously put me off.

So I can understand why it would put you off, too, good sis. Eh, don't worry about being in a slut phase or not, just follow your gut.

Vazra

It's like that everywhere, honestly, people kind of associate beards with unprofessionalism. Although personally I think you look adorable like this, I can understand why you'd feel awkward, especially if you prefer not to shave your beard, like me. I wish you good luck in finding a job and I hope you get the one you want :)

Thank you very much! ^_^

I used to think like this until I grew a beard. I got nothing but compliments at work and I have to be very professional there. I've had my beard for about a year and a half now and can't imagine shaving it off. I do trim though and keep it neat.

Kater

Banned
Just found out that there is a long-lasting controversy surrounding Bruce Wayne's/Batman's sexual orientation. There is also a very funny article on wikipedia about the whole thing.

I have to say though, I'm not really surprised after having just finished reading a TDK comic where Scarecrow rips off Batmans costume and binds him to some wooden construct. Reminds me a lot of some S&M foreplay.
Thank you David Finch

Vazra

Just found out that there is a long-lasting controversy surrounding Bruce Wayne's/Batman's sexual orientation. There is also a very funny article on wikipedia about the whole thing.

I have to say though, I'm not really surprised after having just finished reading a TDK comic where Scarecrow rips off Batmans costume and binds him to some wooden construct. Reminds me a lot of some S&M foreplay.
Thank you David Finch
Hope this picture solves your doubts.
pregnant_batman_and_superman.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The best part is they're on the moon for some reason.

And Earth is half covered in shadow but it's the wrong half because the sun is in the background.

Vazduh

The best part is they're on the moon for some reason.

And Earth is half covered in shadow but it's the wrong half because the sun is in the background.

I'm fascinated by the drawing, honestly. Not only because of everything you've mentioned, but also for the fact that someone thought it would be a good idea in the first place, lmao.

I used to think like this until I grew a beard. I got nothing but compliments at work and I have to be very professional there. I've had my beard for about a year and a half now and can't imagine shaving it off. I do trim though and keep it neat.

Well, that's great to hear :) Hopefully when I find a full-time job I won't have to shave, just like you!

I only played Human Revolution for 30 minutes or so, and have never touched earlier Deus Ex:s, and yet still Adam Jensen is one of my video game crushes :D. Funny, huh.

I played it for a bit, but it didn't run so well on my computer. And the boss fights were atrocious, and you can't seem to mod the game at all to deal with it.

Thirded~

Mister Young Blade, I assure you, you look quite fine enough~ Don't worry about it! These things, however... They CAN happen when you are not looking for them. So don't be worried about it, ok?

It can be unhelpful to focus on the one part of someone though. There'll be more than one guy out there for you so don't waste time on the wrong one just cus you feel like he's your only hope. It's not fun.

Like, if you find someone with stuff in common who likes you; but you aren't good together, don't feel like 'well it took this long to find anything so I'll just stick with it'.

You look better than me so I'd say that definitly, there will be guys attracted to you ;)

But Young definitely is very cute! And you have a good personality! You'll have no problems :) just make sure that whoever you end up with likes you for both of those things!
Hey guys, thanks.
Honestly I agree, but lot's of people believe that looks are super important :| But I promised to myself that I would never touch dating apps like Grindr, Scruff, whatever the hell there is. Except for maybe OkCupid, I think that it would be great to just kinda meet someone and stuff, but that seems incredibly tough in the gay world lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom