• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever had a partner (someone you're dating) assume you're the "wrong" role in bed?

I consider myself versatile (mostly top, just because that's how things went on my first and only long term relationship). I suspect the guy I'm with now (I don't know what's our status, we're pretty much boyfriends, but only dated for a few weeks before I left the country) thinks I'm a powerbottom :p

We only fucked once, I let him fuck me because I actually think bottoming gives a lot more pleasure when done right
and nothing feels better than rubbing a dick against your ass
. I actually tried fingering him once, and asked him if he liked it he said "it felt weird" or something like that.

Either way, he's really young (22) and only had a short relationship/lost his virginity in the past year or so, so I hope he's open to explore his sexuality with me. We'll see what happens when we meet again.

Thanks for sharing. I can relate to the insecurities you have because I was in a similar situation two years ago, and I know that terrible feeling when your bf mentions someone hot, and just like that, your stomach ties into a knot. That's the worst, that's what insecurities will do to you sometimes. Realistically, do you feel like the relationship is worth fighting for? Does your boyfriend invest the same effort into your relationship? I hope he does.

Although, you know it's not worth worrying about some of those things, I mean, if everyone feared about their partners falling for other people, then nobody would be in a relationship, there would be no point. Sometimes we need to let go of certain worries, for our own sake. If you feel like you can trust your boyfriend, then have a little faith in him :) And keep yourself occupied, because overthinking everything definitely won't help.
He's one of the kindest guys I've dated so it's probably just me. Things are good, I'm at a very good place with him, even though we barely spent any time together. Thanks for your words :)

Sai-kun

Banned
For life, as in if I'll still change entirely about my preferences or I'll remain the same

I don't think you'll change (unless you really want to), but you'll grow a lot.

At 23, I'm pretty aware that I'm different from who I was at 20, and even more different from the way I was at 18. I'm chalking that up to unique life experiences, but I can't say I would have guessed that I'd be as different as I am now. 18 year old me would be surprised as fuck at how 23 year old me is.

If I could delete every post I made before I turned 21...that would be fantastic.

At 23, I'm pretty aware that I'm different from who I was at 20, and even more different from the way I was at 18. I'm chalking that up to unique life experiences, but I can't say I would have guessed that I'd be as different as I am now. 18 year old me would be surprised as fuck at how 23 year old me is.

If I could delete every post I made before I turned 21...that would be fantastic.

Eheh. Is this how life turns out for everyone...? As in, the constant regrets of everything you did about 2-3 years ago? It feels like that to me. Really, I think i'm actually improving as a person, then I look back on myself a year ago and think "Why the bloody hell did I do THAT?"

Kangi

I joined, added the games I'm playing, and realized I didn't see a point. Communities aren't my thing, I suppose. Only thing I did was ogle some of the guys who used their actual pictures as their profile pictures... is it a bad thing that I didn't?

But I suppose some of you could add me.

Caladrius

Well, I finally get to take my Driver's License exam today.

Part of me is confident I'll pass.
Though that's mostly because Floridian drivers seem to consist primarily of semi-sentient mule feces as opposed to my own competency.

Eheh. Is this how life turns out for everyone...? As in, the constant regrets of everything you did about 2-3 years ago? It feels like that to me. Really, I think i'm actually improving as a person, then I look back on myself a year ago and think "Why the bloody hell did I do THAT?"

I still regret things I did 10 years ago.

Though that's mostly because Floridian drivers seem to consist primarily of semi-sentient mule feces as opposed to my own competency.

I still regret things I did 10 years ago.

Oh yeah. I agree entirely. Goodness, everyone's so flawed... If thy bother to stop and look back at what they did.

Oh, and good luck on your exam! Don't drive like a twat and crash into somebody else!

Definitely know that feeling. God, at 18, I was a totally depressed cynic who had no clue what I wanted to with my life, didn't want and thought I would never want kids, and still actively thought of myself as hetero. Now, less than a month away from turning 24, I'm an extremely optimistic easy-going guy and am pretty much happier than I always have been, want kids more than anything in life, am actively working towards a goal of becoming a high school guidance counselor/school psychologist, and have since realized I'm bi. God, if 18 year old me could see the current me, he'd probably freak with how different I've become in those 6 years. xD

Especially since I'm kinda still paying for mistakes I made all the way back then--due to my depression back then, I didn't take care of my self at all, unfortunately including my teeth, leading to me needing to get them all pulled, which I just got out of the way Sunday and am recovering from atm while waiting to get my temp dentures. Really wish I could go back in time and pound some sense into teenage me for that one, as that really was just the most fucking stupid shit ever and even with my depression, I shouldn't have let that happen and it's definitely my largest regret in my life so far, by far. But ah, well, c'est la vie. Nothing I can do about that--I'm just glad that I'm lucky enough to have parents that love me enough to force me to get this shit taken care, despite not having the money for it themselves or anything and babying me during all of this. God, I love them. <3

Good luck--I'm sure you'll do just fine. ^_^

Have you ever had a partner (someone you're dating) assume you're the "wrong" role in bed?

I consider myself versatile (mostly top, just because that's how things went on my first and only long term relationship). I suspect the guy I'm with now (I don't know what's our status, we're pretty much boyfriends, but only dated for a few weeks before I left the country) thinks I'm a powerbottom :p

We only fucked once, I let him fuck me because I actually think bottoming gives a lot more pleasure when done right
and nothing feels better than rubbing a dick against your ass
. I actually tried fingering him once, and asked him if he liked it he said "it felt weird" or something like that.

Either way, he's really young (22) and only had a short relationship/lost his virginity in the past year or so, so I hope he's open to explore his sexuality with me. We'll see what happens when we meet again.

He's one of the kindest guys I've dated so it's probably just me. Things are good, I'm at a very good place with him, even though we barely spent any time together. Thanks for your words :)

The last person I dated I think assumed that I was in the wrong role too. I've been almost entirely a top, and it works for me coz I like being in control and (I assume) I'm good at it. The last guy I dated sort of made it a problem because even though he was (I assume) happily bottoming for months, sometimes after sex he would casually mention that the two of us should switch positions sometime. I would humor it just enough by being like "yeah maybe" in a flirtatious way but it was by no means a confirmation. And then one night we're right in the THICK of it and then out of nowhere he whispers into my ear:

"Turn over."

And I'm like

tumblr_mtafyrYw0D1rk8jx0o1_500.gif

So this is how the conversation went, all while he's on top of me providing government services:

"Turn over."
"What?"
"Turn over."
"Why?"
"Just do it!"
"Why am I turning over?"
"Because.."
"Because what?"
"Because I wanna fuck you."
"Oh.."
"... What?"
"I really would rather not tonight."
"Oh.."

So then he unstraddles me, then does the Debra from Everybody Loves Raymond turn-over-in-bed-and-sweep-the-covers-over-you-to-act-like-you're-sleeping schtick. And then it was all just downhill from there. If anything he's triggered me to top more exclusively just out of spite.

But really though, it mostly just depends on my chemistry with someone. It takes a lot for me to bend for a guy and it's because it takes very specific kinds of personalities to make me wanna take on the more submissive/passive role. I've never "power" bottomed though, which I assumed would be the perfect balance, and it's because the sensation's most satisfying to me when I'm on my back and letting him do the deed, lol. When it's right though, bottoming can be a LOT of fun. Just have sex the way that's most comfortable for you really.

ngower

Does anyone else who lives in a small city/town have incredibly difficulty finding a date? Admittedly, I'm not devoting every waking minute to it, but even then, I'm lucky if I get an OkCupid message in a week. The grindr thing isn't my jam, and the gay bars (well, bar really) are sort of gross. Hell, even finding an outlet for meeting gay people generally—just as friends and such—is downright impossible here!

Any tips/advice for trying to navigate gay life in a <80k city?

Ahasverus

Does anyone else who lives in a small city/town have incredibly difficulty finding a date? Admittedly, I'm not devoting every waking minute to it, but even then, I'm lucky if I get an OkCupid message in a week. The grindr thing isn't my jam, and the gay bars (well, bar really) are sort of gross. Hell, even finding an outlet for meeting gay people generally—just as friends and such—is downright impossible here!

Any tips/advice for trying to navigate gay life in a <80k city?

It's really hard :/ the most you can do is meet someone from a nearby city/town, I must admit I'm not into the guys of the town I grew up in; something about knowing them beforehand turns me off.

ngower

It's so strange because I moved here for college, which was ranked as a very LGBT-friendly school. The town/city it's based in is also notorious for its inclusivity (albeit in the South). I see folks who seem so effortless in their pursuit of relationships, yet I haven't been on a date in...shit, I don't know how long and I haven't hooked up with someone in months. Mostly, I just want gay friends, which doesn't seem so hard given the aforementioned "gayness" of the area, but DAMN it feels like work trying to find a few gay folks to hang out with.

[EDIT] Ah, daggr...yes...

https://daggr.net/members/1153/

Mr_Zombie

I have no idea why I'm doing this, but here we go: https://daggr.net/members/1822/
Will upload a picture and befriend all of you later. ;)

I like how the site uses a game database and how you can easily import your game collections from Steam and other services (no GOG makes me sad, though).
It's a little bit too dark, though. I like black and simple flat design, but when 90% of your screen is black it's a little bit too much.

Also, it seems I'm the only one from my city. It's a shame that the site doesn't give you an ability to filter members by country - you can only limit results down to the city.

Odinson

Long time lurker and occasional poster to the thread. Was looking for something like daggr since gaygamer really isn't popping anymore. Feel free to add me. Going to try to post more in gaygaf. My Daggr profile

RM8

Well, it finally happened, GAF is blocked at work even with my workaround trick involving Google translate. For some reason they now also blocked Reddit (understandable I guess), Wikipedia, About, and most Google tools like Translate and Books. I wonder if it was my fault :3

Edit: oh wait, I figured out how to access GAF again, lol.

Edit2: Except I can't log in. Oh well :p

mantidor

Well, it finally happened, GAF is blocked at work even with my workaround trick involving Google translate. For some reason they now also blocked Reddit (understandable I guess), Wikipedia, About, and most Google tools like Translate and Books. I wonder if it was my fault :3

So how are you posting?

RM8

From my phone. But that's cheating!

Edit: Rofl, Mexican Google Translate is not blocked if I access it via Google and not typing the URL directly, and now I can browse any site I want as long as I translate it from Afrikáans to English. I'm okay with this change after all.

Ahasverus

Wikipedia too? Why?

Casanova

It's so strange because I moved here for college, which was ranked as a very LGBT-friendly school. The town/city it's based in is also notorious for its inclusivity (albeit in the South). I see folks who seem so effortless in their pursuit of relationships, yet I haven't been on a date in...shit, I don't know how long and I haven't hooked up with someone in months. Mostly, I just want gay friends, which doesn't seem so hard given the aforementioned "gayness" of the area, but DAMN it feels like work trying to find a few gay folks to hang out with.

[EDIT] Ah, daggr...yes...

https://daggr.net/members/1153/

Well, not meaning to sound creepy or whatever, but I also live in Asheville. Well, Hendersonville, which is basically the same fucking place, just more pick-up trucks. I'm in Asheville for the majority of my spare time, really.

Although I'm not heavily involved in the gay community here, but if you ever want to hang, me and my boyfriend wouldn't mind at all, I'm sure.

ngower

Well, not meaning to sound creepy or whatever, but I also live in Asheville. Well, Hendersonville, which is basically the same fucking place, just more pick-up trucks. I'm in Asheville for the majority of my spare time, really.

Although I'm not heavily involved in the gay community here, but if you ever want to hang, me and my boyfriend wouldn't mind at all, I'm sure.

You look like the sole OTHER Ashevillean on Dagger. Are you?

Sounds good on the networking front&#8212;y'all have a PS4 or Wii U?

[EDIT] On that note, does anyone in here have a Wii U? Is there already/Can we start a Mario Kart 8 Gay-Gaf tourney/room?

catracho

Hola Gaf, I am new here. I have had an account for some time now but I have been mostly lurking. I am Honduran and I will love to be a part of this community. It looks like you guys have too much fun talking about y'all personal experiences.. Is anyone here in the Houston area?

Hola Gaf, I am new here. I have had an account for some time now but I have been mostly lurking. I am Honduran and I will love to be a part of this community. It looks like you guys have too much fun talking about y'all personal experiences.. Is anyone here in the Houston area?

Good tidings, and welcome~!

ngower

I do! Feel free to add me: Soulscribe

That goes to everyone here btw. Can definitely use more Mario Kart 8 buddies.

Will add. My NNID is nathangower. Anyone here feel fee to add me, just PM me or something with your NNID saying you added me or I'll probably ignore the request.

Kinsei

Banned
You look like the sole OTHER Ashevillean on Dagger. Are you?

Sounds good on the networking front—y'all have a PS4 or Wii U?

[EDIT] On that note, does anyone in here have a Wii U? Is there already/Can we start a Mario Kart 8 Gay-Gaf tourney/room?

A Gay-GAF tourney would be really easy to set up. I can make one up tonight if you're all interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom