• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

I mostly keep it safe, I'm not much of a risk-taker if I can avoid it, I tend to make everything worse than it really is and I'm excessively paranoid, I just have some issues I need to work out

Sorry for my late reply, sis. And btw, thanks for answering my question :*

Taking risks is always hard, but you'll have to do it sooner or later, otherwise you'll be stuck in one place. I know I've said that I could relate to many things written in here too many times, and I'll say it again this time because, sadly, I know how it looks like when you keep it safe all the time - you miss out on everything.
I hope that unlike me, you don't miss out on a lot of great things. Try to find the strength to deal with things that bother you and things you're afraid of, only you can do that.

Learning how to take a joke is a valuable life skill.

I agree. I thought that those jokes at BlueBadger's expense weren't that bad, they definitely weren't mean-spirited. The overall impression I got was that BB was well-liked here (not only for his looks), so I was honestly a bit baffled when I saw his reaction. I hope he didn't take it to heart.

Come back, BB!

Kinsei

Banned
hmm, that seems too long for a 3DS though, I was thinking about getting the 3DS for my birthday, and the Wii U for christmas, that way I can get Smash Bros for both consoles without having to wait for them to come out, I always buy my Nintendo consoles around the time Smash games come out.

Mario Kart 8 though............. hopefully people will still be playing it by that time

People were still playing Mario Kart Wii up until the servers were shut down. You'll have no problem finding people to play with when you get a Wii U.

I recently had a convo with a few of my straight, guy friends about who they would "go gay" for. Since many of them are crazy into sports, they were picking athletes, duh.

Which got me thinking, who would I go "straight" for. My answer:

Christina Henricks. Woman is fucking gorgeous.

What about y'all?

I'm bi, but if I was gay it would be Hayley Williams.

hayley_williams___paramore_by_pevansy-d57l6ob.jpg
HayleyWilliamsParamoreTOX230211.jpg

Village

I recently had a convo with a few of my straight, guy friends about who they would "go gay" for. Since many of them are crazy into sports, they were picking athletes, duh.

Which got me thinking, who would I go "straight" for. My answer:

05-christina-hendricks-sexy-0909-lg.jpg

02-christina-hendricks-wallpaper-0909-lg.jpg

Christina Henricks. Woman is fucking gorgeous.

What about y'all?

That girl looks uncomfortable and stiff, no.

I'm not gay really, but I like to post in this thread so, To answer the question you posed to your friends.
I dunno, probably some super feminine dude. I'm not initerested in big or muscle-ey or Hairy dudes, because I am that guy. And I am not interested on being at the bottom of anything, so excuse me if I take the lame way out.

bsej87

"If you don't have anything nice to say, say something clever, but devastating" is life advice I'll take to the grave. One advantage to growing up gay in the deep south is I'm immune to any personal attacks and the art of a good read is an honored, catty southern tradition.

daripad

Mexico. Vivo en la capital (Distrito Federal).

If you actually cook tamales then you get extra user points. I have a weakness for the "oaxaqueños de mole" kind. ;P

You live in the superior place :)

¿Tamales oaxaqueños de mole? Haven't heard of those, sounds delicious :p I don't cook :(

catracho

Mexico. Vivo en la capital (Distrito Federal).

If you actually cook tamales then you get extra user points. I have a weakness for the "oaxaqueños de mole" kind. ;P

Wow en la capital, que bien! Siempre quise visitar. Seguro que hay muchos muchachos guapos allá

Garcia

What about y'all?

Charlize Theron, definitely:

1262630237_slide9.jpg

I hate makeup for many reasons, and she looks really good with a washed face.

It's also one of the many advantages of being gay: You get what you see! Not a gram of makeup on the overwhelming majority of men's faces.

Caladrius

I think the only woman I've ever really found aesthetically attractive was Simone Simons.
-
A Crack in Time is done and I'm halfway through Vanquish (That is to say I have maybe 3 hours left.)

So all I've got is:
A Link Between Worlds
DeSu Overclocked
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
SMT: Nocturne
Digital Devil Saga

Which of those games is the shortest?

Christopher

Wait..BlueBadger left because some thought he posted too many pictures? Well fuck YOU bitches!! :p [if that wasn't the reason the, don't fuck yourselves...yet. ;)] But then, what happened?

And related to a question Christopher posted earlier about the longest relationship (based on the show Looking; which is quite good)....in my case is 0!

Sadly around the people I've met a general idea is that monogamy sucks and "why settle for just one guy?". Heck, I even read an article a few days ago basically implying that a perk of been gay is that you can be with as many guys you want, and wondered why some would settle for a steady relationship (WTF?) as if that's not the "normal thing to do".

Guess it's why I'm still single. I cook, like to give gifts, play videogames, watch any kind of movies/TV series/, listen to any kind of music, work 6 days a week, when talking to someone I tend to wish for a good day to the other person...but, as much confidence I pretend and try to have (I work on sales, so have to talk to customers on a daily basis)... I'm not a good looking guy.

And across a wave of guys that even post pictures and comments on their Facebooks about "how posting pictures of what you cook is not going to get you on dates" -but his shirtless pictures do help them get dates-) [NOTE: not a personal example, just stuff I've seen across other people's accounts :p]....guess I'm doing everything wrong!!! XD

32 and still single. Here's for another 32 years ......alone!! :p

Quoting just cause I have to answer this later.

I've been treating one of my friend's like crap lately, and no matter how much I consciously recognize that I am doing so I just can't seem to stop myself from getting easily annoyed/angry with her. Doesn't help that she's currently rooming with me so I can't avoid her for a few days to cool down. I think a large part of the problem is that I fully expect this friendship to end after this summer semester, and so part of me is trying to actively sabotage the friendship so that there's a good reason for it not lasting other than physical distance. Part of me thinks I should apologize, but then I think I'll just fuck up again so why even bother.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Oh without hesitation I'd go gay for Chris Evans. Supermodel amazing good looks, fantastic A-list actor AND a charming/hilarious personality in interviews? LORD HAVE MERCY

OeYhpTtl.jpg

CsqwDNdl.jpg

tMwAsoT.jpg

Vazduh

I've been treating one of my friend's like crap lately, and no matter how much I consciously recognize that I am doing so I just can't seem to stop myself from getting easily annoyed/angry with her. Doesn't help that she's currently rooming with me so I can't avoid her for a few days to cool down. I think a large part of the problem is that I fully expect this friendship to end after this summer semester, and so part of me is trying to actively sabotage the friendship so that there's a good reason for it not lasting other than physical distance. Part of me thinks I should apologize, but then I think I'll just fuck up again so why even bother.

If I got this right, you care about that friend, but you are angry in advance because of something that may or may not happen (i.e. friendship ending). If I were you, I'd apologize, especially if you feel guilty about it. Doing this should make you feel better.

If the two of you are close, try talking to her about your friendship and about your fears. Don't drive her away just because you're angry with her, I can almost guarantee you'll feel like shit if you actually end your friendship that way. If the friendship is not meant to be after the semester is over, you'll deal with it then. And if that happens (it doesn't have to), it will suck for a while, but you'll find other friends. That's how life goes, everybody moves on eventually and so will you.

I'll be here staffing the bisexuality sign-up desk during this discussion for anyone interested.

Caladrius said:
There is a website called www.HowLongToBeat.com that is good for this, with user submitted times. Here are the times in hours for these games, for the "main story" category.
A Link Between Worlds: 15.5
DeSu Overclocked: 43.5
Metal Gear Solid 2: 13
Metal Gear Solid 3: 16
SMT: Nocturne: 54.5
Digital Devil Saga: 39.5

If I got this right, you care about that friend, but you are angry in advance because of something that may or may not happen (i.e. friendship ending). If I were you, I'd apologize, especially if you feel guilty about it. Doing this should make you feel better.

If the two of you are close, try talking to her about your friendship and about your fears. Don't drive her away just because you're angry with her, I can almost guarantee you'll feel like shit if you actually end your friendship that way. If the friendship is not meant to be after the semester is over, you'll deal with it then. And if that happens (it doesn't have to), it will suck for a while, but you'll find other friends. That's how life goes, everybody moves on eventually and so will you.

No perhaps I wasn't clear. The getting angry/annoyed is for other reasons. Mild annoyances like her asking me to explain concepts and then not understanding them at all. Or playing music loudly. Or telling me not to unfreeze my meat before I left for a class, because she'd do it, and then completely forgetting about it.

I do think my anger is amplified (or that I'm acting on it more) because I strongly suspect we won't remain friends after the summer, and thus can't muster up the effort required to control my annoyance/anger.

My reasoning, as irrational as it may be, is that if I act like an ass and don't apologize and the friendship ends, at least it ended for good reason. But if it just ends because of physical distance then I'll be angrier and more upset, especially because she keeps in contact with plenty of friends long distance. I've long had the suspicion that she's basically just friends with me simply because I can explain concepts to her for classes that we've taken together. She's sort of done that with one person already, so no matter how much I try to tell myself that she isn't just doing that, I can't get the idea out of my head.

TLDR: I'm being irrational, and I know it, but am having trouble stopping. And I think it'd be really lame to try and discuss any of this with her, because she may get offended that I even felt like this to begin with.

I think the only woman I've ever really found aesthetically attractive was Simone Simons.
-
A Crack in Time is done and I'm halfway through Vanquish (That is to say I have maybe 3 hours left.)

So all I've got is:
A Link Between Worlds
DeSu Overclocked
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
SMT: Nocturne
Digital Devil Saga

Really? I've always thought she looked good in the video for The Haunting (iirc) but apart from that not at all.

I'm sure I've had lady celeb crushes before but I can't for the life of me think of them right now.

Sai-kun

Banned
I'll be here staffing the bisexuality sign-up desk during this discussion for anyone interested.

There is a website called www.HowLongToBeat.com that is good for this, with user submitted times. Here are the times in hours for these games, for the "main story" category.

Yeah, us bi folks don't have much of a say in this one :(

http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=6974

Ugh at 83 hours for Persona 4. I'm really enjoying the story, but the game is just awful at keep you around as strong as your enemies. :/

I'm in a dungeon right now where the boss is level 45, and my highest level character is 31. Over my fucking dead body am I gonna grind 14 levels. JRPGs need to stop being grindy and shit. That shit is just awful.

Caladrius

Thank ye greatly.I'll watch a run of MGS beforehand since I know how confusing these games can get.

Really? I've always thought she looked good in the video for The Haunting (iirc) but apart from that not at all.

I thought the double page spreads they made for The Quantum Enigma looked pretty nice.

http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=6974

Ugh at 83 hours for Persona 4. I'm really enjoying the story, but the game is just awful at keep you around as strong as yo
ur enemies. :/

I'm in a dungeon right now where the boss is level 45, and my highest level character is 31. Over my fucking dead body am I gonna grind 14 levels. JRPGs need to stop being grindy and shit. That shit is just awful.

Odd, have you been fighting everything in your path?

In P4G at least it's easy to grind Golden hands to get up to speed. The boss of that dungeon is thankfully the game's last major roadblock, other than maybe the Final Boss. (and getting all the endings.)

Sai-kun

Banned
Odd, have you been fighting everything in your path?

In P4G at least it's easy to grind Golden hands to get up to speed. The boss of that dungeon is thankfully the game's last major roadblock, other than maybe the Final Boss. (and getting all the endings.)

Yep, I clear every floor before moving on. Golden hands always take forever lol, but if I'm not too low on HP or SP I'll take them on.

That's the thing though, I just despise grinding and it instantly makes me reevaluate my opinion of a game.

I'm taking a break from the game for a couple days because I think I'm a bit burnt out on it after playing it a bit for a week and a half. I really want to like the game, because I enjoy the characters and the story a lot, but the grinding is just awful, and I don't find the combat interesting.

Caladrius

I'm lovelorn for someone I only occasionally talk to and am going to have to leave soon anyway.

What the hell is wrong with me.

Yep, I clear every floor before moving on. Golden hands always take forever lol, but if I'm not too low on HP or SP I'll take them on.

That's the thing though, I just despise grinding and it instantly makes me reevaluate my opinion of a game.

I'm taking a break from the game for a couple days because I think I'm a bit burnt out on it after playing it a bit for a week and a half. I really want to like the game, because I enjoy the characters and the story a lot, but the grinding is just awful, and I don't find the combat interesting.

Strange, I think I only had that happen to me once during my first playthrough. You're not playing Hard by any chance are you? Experience gains are cut in that mode.

The daily life sections are much stronger than the dungeon sections, yeah. I wish they had just copy-pasted the press-turn system and made fixed dungeons.

Sai-kun

Banned
I'm 99% sure I'm playing on normal. My friends advised me against hard, definitely.

I think part of it too is that I haven't played an RPG in so long that I just don't know how to play 'correctly' and use buffs/debuffs/stuff like that.

Caladrius

I'm 99% sure I'm playing on normal. My friends advised me against hard, definitely.

I think part of it too is that I haven't played an RPG in so long that I just don't know how to play 'correctly' and use buffs/debuffs/stuff like that.

Buff maintenance trips a lot of people up. The big things to keep in mind are that all buffs last for three turns, can only be applied once (but can be recast to extend the length of the buff 3 more turns) and that Ma- spells affect the entire team, and as such should always replace the basic -kaja spells. Also put priority on buffing your team because enemies have a habit of erasing their debuffs.

The particular boss you're stuck on is an utter bitch because the best strategy requires a Persona that you can first get at level 38 (The special fusion Black Frost) that has to be raised to level 43 to get Fire Amp and Agidyne. (It at least only needs to be leveled up 3 times. because the fool Social link should be at level 4 already.)

bsej87

There's always the Giant Bomb endurance run if you end up hating the gameplay, but want to see the story play out. Or YouTube, I guess.

But if it just ends because of physical distance then I'll be angrier and more upset, especially because she keeps in contact with plenty of friends long distance.
Hmm, well if she actually is really good about keeping in contact with friends long distance, then what are you really worried about? I mean, think about it--communication shouldn't be a problem at all and while distance is a factor, it sounds like that also will have at least some positives in keeping the friendship healthy in that you won't have some of those minor annoyances to worry about and get in the way and distract you anymore. So yeah, that all being the case, from what you've said, I'd be optimistic about things working out. Of course, it's possible they won't, but that's all what ifs and maybes that you can't possibly know anything about, so there's no sense in worrying and getting yourself all worked up about them, since that won't change anything and will just make things work, so you might as well do your best to relax and just let the dice fall where they may.

The important thing that I'm getting out of all this is that the fact that this is upsetting to you to begin with seems to tell me that you do care about this friendship to some degree or another and want it to continue. If that's the case and really do care about it, then yeah, if it were me, I definitely would apologize and do whatever I can to make things work and try to keep the friendship going through by best efforts. True, it's possible that things might end up completely falling apart anyway, and that would definitely suck. But at least in that case, you'd have the satisfaction that you gave it your best shot and will have the peace of mind that you did your best to keep the friendship alive, meaning that if things do end up falling apart, that will be due to her. And while I can't speak for you, at least to me, having that kind of peace of mind on stuff like this means a lot to me, because it nips any lingering thoughts of if things could have been different in the bud, since I did my best to begin with and know that if things don't end up working out, it's not for my lack of trying.

And that this is eating at you, I'm getting the impression that you kinda do feel the same way. So yeah, I'd definitely suggest that you apologize and then go from there and try your best to make things work. If they don't, they don't. But at least that way, you'll have the knowledge and satisfaction that you actually did try and give it your best shot, which I really do think would help based on what you've said. Either way, hope things end up working out. :)

I'm lovelorn for someone I only occasionally talk to and am going to have to leave soon anyway.

What the hell is wrong with me.
Absolutely nothing. :) Brains and emotions and stuff can sometimes be silly like that, and cause us all kinds of problems and heartache as a result, but there's definitely nothing wrong with that and you're definitely not crazy or anything. Brains are just incredibly silly things sometimes and cause us problems due to that silliness, but it's all just a part of this wonderful package of what it is to be human. :)
*Hugs.*

Caladrius

Absolutely nothing. :) Brains and emotions and stuff can sometimes be silly like that, and cause us all kinds of problems and heartache as a result, but there's definitely nothing wrong with that and you're definitely not crazy or anything. Brains are just incredibly silly things sometimes and cause us problems due to that silliness, but it's all just a part of this wonderful package of what it is to be human. :)
*Hugs.*

Thanks.

He's superior to me in almost every respect so I'm compelled to follow him as my master. @_____@

bsej87

Well, I peeled some shrimp, filleted catfish, and cut up some alligator tail meat and marinated it for tomorrow. That means that once I go to sleep I can awaken upon the morrow and emerge from my chrysalis as the beautiful white trash butterfly I was meant to be.

Koppai

Well, I peeled some shrimp, filleted catfish, and cut up some alligator tail meat and marinated it for tomorrow. That means that once I go to sleep I can awaken upon the morrow and emerge from my chrysalis as the beautiful white trash butterfly I was meant to be.
Haha is this considered "southern" cooking, it doesn't make you white trash unless you have a TV show about it. :p

Hola Gaf, I am new here. I have had an account for some time now but I have been mostly lurking. I am Honduran and I will love to be a part of this community. It looks like you guys have too much fun talking about y'all personal experiences.. Is anyone here in the Houston area?
Howdy, I'm in the Houston area. I have something you might think is awesome to enjoy depending on if you are at least 18...

Christopher

Wait..BlueBadger left because some thought he posted too many pictures? Well fuck YOU bitches!! :p [if that wasn't the reason the, don't fuck yourselves...yet. ;)] But then, what happened?

And related to a question Christopher posted earlier about the longest relationship (based on the show Looking; which is quite good)....in my case is 0!

Sadly around the people I've met a general idea is that monogamy sucks and "why settle for just one guy?". Heck, I even read an article a few days ago basically implying that a perk of been gay is that you can be with as many guys you want, and wondered why some would settle for a steady relationship (WTF?) as if that's not the "normal thing to do".

Guess it's why I'm still single. I cook, like to give gifts, play videogames, watch any kind of movies/TV series/, listen to any kind of music, work 6 days a week, when talking to someone I tend to wish for a good day to the other person...but, as much confidence I pretend and try to have (I work on sales, so have to talk to customers on a daily basis)... I'm not a good looking guy.

And across a wave of guys that even post pictures and comments on their Facebooks about "how posting pictures of what you cook is not going to get you on dates" -but his shirtless pictures do help them get dates-) [NOTE: not a personal example, just stuff I've seen across other people's accounts :p]....guess I'm doing everything wrong!!! XD

32 and still single. Here's for another 32 years ......alone!! :p

My friends Greg and Nate are married now for errrr ... 1.5 years now? They've been together for 5 prior. They absolutely hated this view, and felt like it made gay people seem terrible, and unable to integrate into society normally.

We use to talk all the time and was very frustrated when he felt like he couldn't have gay friends, because they always try to hit on him or his boyfiend. Like I said, and maybe no one will agree with me but I think that Looking should have had at least one character who was portrayed as having stability with maybe one with a kid or something just to give light to the little shows that gay people idenifiy with that it's ok to have ONE person who can be that everything for you.

Again personal opinion.

Congrads on 32! Apparenlty I'm 28 and if your 30 your dead in gay years they said on the forum lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom