• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yfk1fEH.gif

thirsty motherfuckers

Ewww pussy
cat

Try falling for a straight guy that doesn't even live in the same country.

Well, I guess that's slightly worse than just falling for a straight friend who lives close by, but... it sucks either way, lol.

I know most people say to distance yourself from them, but I don't think I can do that. He's one of my best buds and we hang out all the time. We are even talking about moving into an apartment together to save money instead of renting separate ones. I want to just because it'd be fun, but at the same time, I think it might be a mistake. I dunno.

RM8

I swear I'll never understand how one "falls" for somene who doesn't show even a tiny, minuscule bit of reciprocality (in this case, they're downright unable to do it). It's not even a matter of interpreting things incorrectly since you know the person in question is straight. I mean, it sucks that you guys are in this situation and I hope you overcome it soon, but I'd save my griefing for actual unrequited love, and even then it's better to move on ASAP.

Caladrius

People post pics online. And you can at least gather some sense of their personality by looking at their text based posts. I'll admit though that it is mostly an intense physical attraction.

That sounds more like infatuation.

A full crush would be more like having affections for some guy that you turn out to have a lot in common with and understand pretty well in addition to being physically attracted to him and who would probably be a close confidant if the barrier of distance wasn't a factor.

;__;

The thirst scared Blue Badger away? Lol

Laughs were had at his expense.

He was not amused.

To be fair, it's going to be hard to find anyone better than gaygaf at subtle dickery.

The dicking we do here is hardly subtle, dear.

I swear I'll never understand how one "falls" for somene who doesn't show even a tiny, minuscule bit of reciprocality (in this case, they're downright unable to do it). It's not even a matter of interpreting things incorrectly since you know the person in question is straight. I mean, it sucks that you guys are in this situation and I hope you overcome it soon, but I'd save my griefing for actual unrequited love, and even then it's better to move on ASAP.

Oh I'm not feeling grief or anything over it. Maybe I don't understand what people mean by "falling" for someone then.

That sounds more like infatuation.

A full crush would be more like having affections for some guy that you turn out to have a lot in common with and understand pretty well in addition to being physically attracted to him and who would probably be a close confidant if the barrier of distance wasn't a factor.

;__;

That's probably a better word for it. I thought being infatuated with someone = falling for someone.

Doesn't sound healthy at all.

Meh. Yolo.

Plus it isn't like it robs me of the ability to be attracted to other people.

Oh I'm not feeling grief or anything over it. Maybe I don't understand what people mean by "falling" for someone then.

That's probably a better word for it. I thought being infatuated with someone = falling for someone.

Falling for someone suggests a more substantial loss of footing (to extend the metaphor). Like you lose your emotional composure, not in a crazy way but in a vulnerable or unguarded way.

Falling for someone suggests a more substantial loss of footing (to extend the metaphor). You lose your emotional composure, not in like a crazy way so much as in a vulnerable or unguarded way.

Oh. Well then it isn't that. I just would like to get physically intimate with the dude. I don't think it is any different than all the straight men that perv over actresses they'll never actually be with. So whatever term you'd use for that!

Oh. Well then it isn't that. I just would like to get physically intimate with the dude. I don't think it is any different than all the straight men that perv over actresses they'll never actually be with. So whatever term you'd use for that!

You lust after him. No one really uses that phrase anymore, but I think it should get more use than it does, it's very succinct :p

I dunno... With me, I've known this particular friend for a long time, and we've always been pretty close (shared a room in college). Just being around each other so much, having so much in common, being attracted to him... I don't think it's that weird that someone could "fall for" another person like that even if they are straight. Obviously, I just need to get out there and find someone else who would actually be able to return the feelings, but until then... it sucks.

mantidor

so after more than 15 years, I am going to a "gay pride" event again. This time in Madrid, the first week of July.

I am a bit nervous, I'll be hanging out with a friend and his boyfriend who are (or look like) bodybuilders and I've been visiting some profiles on the internet in growlr and romeo and everybody is so pretty there and look like supermodels.

I kind of feel defeated going in there lol but I'll just enjoy myself and have fun. I am hoping they can introduce me to some of their friends, I'd love to get into something substantial after 2 years of life as a single.

Spanish men are so hot! D:

Too bad about their accent and speech though.

The good thing about being average is that I just wouldn't worry at all about those kind of events, I know already I'm nowhere close to look like them, so I'll just go and have fun, And I'm glad you are doing the smae, you have nothing to worry about because you are not bad looking anyway :p

scarlet

That's why we call it unrequited love

I would not I can't stand talking about sports or corridos I am sorry but straight crushes aren't worth that much effort

What's a corrido?

edit: "The corrido (Spanish pronunciation: [koˈriðo]) is a popular narrative song and poetry form, a ballad. The songs are often about oppression, history, daily life for peasants, and other socially relevant topics.[1]"

Uhh... I didn't know that was a straight person thing?

_Isaac

What's a corrido?

edit: "The corrido (Spanish pronunciation: [koˈriðo]) is a popular narrative song and poetry form, a ballad. The songs are often about oppression, history, daily life for peasants, and other socially relevant topics.[1]"

I believe YoungBlade is Mexican, so that's probably something a typical straight dude is into over in Mexico.

Caladrius

Longing maybe? More poetic than spiritual, but the language for that would have to express a degree of malaise or desire in a state stagnation (if we're talking flowery 'spiritual' language, I think)

Eh, works well enough (I'm sleepy)

I would not I can't stand talking about sports or corridos I am sorry but straight crushes aren't worth that much effort

Meet the cool kids that like talking about music, fashion, art, politics and videogames. (✿ ♥‿♥)

_Isaac

It's absolutely not :x Well, not in central Mexico at least.

I'm from a pretty rural area in Michoacan, and all the dudes seem to love that stuff. The females like it a little less. I wouldn't know who's straight or not though. It could just be a gender thing. And a regional thing too.

What's a corrido?

okay should have said narcocorrido i'm sorry

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
A wild E3 approaches. Another year of being disappointed that no Dragon Quest games are getting localized.

Dragon Quest 7 3DS localization
Valkyria Chronicles 4 PS4
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Kingdom Hearts 3 blowout
Ape Escape 4
New Wipeout, F-Zero, and Zelda
2D Metroid
Final Fantasy XVI teaser

BELIEVE

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Today on Craiglist PR Edition.
Looking for a hot guy
with big cock to suck
in Ocean Park Beach

Im here at beach now

Be in shape
Married a + + +
So discreet

Send pics and will reply

This sounds like a copy paste LOL

daripad

I'm from a pretty rural area in Michoacan, and all the dudes seem to love that stuff. The females like it a little less. I wouldn't know who's straight or not though. It could just be a gender thing. And a regional thing too.

I'm from a pretty rural area in Tabasco and there is a significant amount of people that enjoys it but not everyone. And now that I have met more people in the capital, there are even less people into that stuff.

I still have to finda gay guy into videogames, rock/alternative music, dogs and sci-fi. It's impossible here :'( That's where straight crushes come :p I mean, the three seroous straight crushes liked:

Crush# 1: Xbox and FPS fanboy. Listened to some rock/pop music in spanish and in english. Loved his dog. Never talked about girls, or never really talked and when he talked it contained mostly bad words lol. He is handsome though too skinny.

Crush #2 (the one that lasted for over a year and is currently my best friend): PlayStation user but not a fanboy.Currently is loving Minecraft. Likes basketball but just playing. Loooves comics, specially Marvel ones. Loves good movies (is always interested in the ones I'm interested too). Has a fantastic reading comprehension and is great at speeches. Likes rock/pop music in spanish mostly, little in english. Likes pizza. Loves bad comedy ;(. He is very gentle and thoughtful. He doesn't have the best body but is a bit cute and has a beard :p

Crush #3 (last one I had, :eek:.over him recently): Smart and very knowledgeable guy. Loves reading. Loves the same music as me. Loves League of Legends (or MMORPG in general but he just plays LOL currently). Likes alcohol (at least he drinks once every two or four months). Into fitness stuff (he is hot). He is a bit cute.

What I'm trying to mean with this is that will never find this traits in the gay guys I know. I know another guy who is gay and kind of has this attributes but he is so out of my league (and currently out of my town). That's why straight people are desirable for me in the first place, it is frustrating for me. And even if I ignored the things they like, gay guys here just don't have the personality I look for. I wonder if anyone else happens to.be in the same situation

RM8

E3, as usual, will be both hype inducing and disappointing. My wildest hope: Pokkén being real. Oh man, that'd be just insane.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im ready for this E3 as Im not hyped at all. Even the smallest surprise might be actually surprising by my lack of hype and lowered expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom