• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzo

I can't fathom people being excited about a possible Mario Sunshine HD remake, I hated that game so much :/

It seems that few people liked that game. The atmosphere is just so charming that I can't help but loving it. The soundtrack is memorable and some levels were downright gorgeous (Noki Bay comes to mind). Plus that water effect...

They would have to rethink the whole "blue coins" system in order for it to be even remotely interesting though.

Alrus

Well, I mean, it was a fine conference. But not really exciting. And way too long.

It seems that few people liked that game. The atmosphere is just so charming that I can't help but loving it. The soundtrack is memorable and some levels were downright gorgeous (Noki Bay comes to mind). Plus that water effect...

They would have to rethink the whole "blue coins" system in order for it to be even remotely interesting though.

They need to rethink a lot more than the blue coins to make the game interesting. All regular red coins Shines were awful, a good bunch of other shines were also glitchy as hell(that Pachinko Shine...) or really tedious (Watermelon contest). Also the swimming mechanics were dreadful. I mean the game is charming, but I just don't find it fun at all.

RM8

I was hoping this would push me to buy a PS4, so yeah, I'd say it was a bit meh :/ If Nintendo's Direct sucks, this is going to be a pretty bad E3.

White PS4 looks cool, though! :p Also, and this goes to everyone - it's so boring and cringe-worthy when they start with the usual PR talk about how awesome and innovative and out of this world they are. Reggie and Tretton are usually so bad at this.

RM8

What would have excited you? I thought their conference was great, minus some pacing and length issues.
I honestly was hoping for at least -one- exclusive fighter, or action platformer... or, I'm not sure. I don't want a XB1 but that thing has Killer Instinct and an exclusive Platinum game that looks ARPG-ish, that's stuff that actually appeals to me! :p Meanwhile I feel like I'm covered with my PS3. Bloodborne looks great, though.
---

EDIT: Using GAF's E3 thread I made a list of stuff I care about so far:

Nintendo:
- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS)
- Gunman Clive 2 (3DS)
- Whoa Dave! (3DS)
- Smash Bros. (3DS / WiiU)

MS:
- Scalebound (XB1)
- Killer Instinct - particularly the latest TJ Combo reveal! (XB1)

Sony:
- Bloodborne (PS4)
- Guilty Gear Xrd (PS3)

Multiplatform:
- Mighty No. 9 (I'm buying this on 3DS, PC and maybe other platforms, lol)
- Tetris Ultimate (EDIT: Ah, it's going to be on Vita :p Will go with PC)
- Mortal Kombat X (PS3)
- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4)

Honestly, it -is- a bit meh so far.

daripad

I told you guys, Sony conference was going to be boring. I was sleeping until I saw dat hot Nathan Drake :p Definitly not in a hurry to buy either PS4 or Xbox.

Now Nintendo better deliver or I'll be dissapointed by this year. Their event at least will be better peaced but I'm still worried about the content.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I honestly was hoping for at least -one- exclusive fighter, or action platformer... or, I'm not sure. I don't want a XB1 but that thing has Killer Instinct and an exclusive Platinum game that looks ARPG-ish, that's stuff that actually appeals to me! :p Meanwhile I feel like I'm covered with my PS3. Bloodborne looks great, though.

An exclusive fighter? You cray cray!

I would have liked an action platformer as well (was really hoping for a new Sly or Jak or something similar), so I'm with you there. Still, I thought Sony had a really good variety of games in their conference. The era of third party exclusives is pretty much dead, and most of Sony's first party studios apparently weren't ready to show their games (MM, GG, London, Team Ico (;_____;), Quantic Dream, etc.) so I think they did the best they could with what they had.

Must...Resist...Penis Joke.

Dammit Ratsky, I already quoted you in another thread. Stop being so damn quotable :)

I live to please :3

RM8

The era of third party exclusives is pretty much dead
In part this kind of makes things less exciting these days. I honestly can't get hyped for stuff that I can play on my PC right now, this is why I'm immune to ViitaU's amazing indie library and stuff. Oh well. Focusing on the cool stuff, PS4 looks amazing in white and I'll eventually buy one with Bloodborne and other games that might get released along the way :D

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Predictions/hopes for Nintendo's weak ass non event:

Zelda U - Not like Skyward Sword, but like, actually good and not shitty

Metroid - preferably a 2D sequel to Fusion

New IP that isn't a minigame collection/party game/downloadable/Mii shit

Majora's Mask 3DS

F-Zero

Nintendo will fail if one/all of these don't come true.

RM8

My Nintendo hopes (which might go from likely to absurd):

- Pokkén FFS, POKKÉN, make it happen, Harada/Iwata!
- Pokémon RS3DS info
- Advance Wars 3D
- F-Zero 3D
- Honestly any interesting new WiiU retail exclusive, lol
- Info on the new totally-not-Harvest-Moon and the we-swear-this-IS-Harvest-Moon titles, if only because this situation is hilarious
- Cool Mario Kart DLC (free being the best price!)
- Smash Bros. info

But really, Pokkén existing = best E3 in ages.

And that Conker troll was mean =(.

???

Predictions/hopes for Nintendo's weak ass non event:

Zelda U - Not like Skyward Sword, but like, actually good and not shitty

Metroid - preferably a 2D sequel to Fusion

New IP that isn't a minigame collection/party game/downloadable/Mii shit

Majora's Mask 3DS

F-Zero

Nintendo will fail if one/all of these don't come true.

1. Won't happen with Aonuma at the helm.

2. Fusion was shit to begin with.

3. Won't happen.

4. Most likely

5. Won't happen.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
In part this kind of makes things less exciting these days. I honestly can't get hyped for stuff that I can play on my PC right now, this is why I'm immune to ViitaU's amazing indie library and stuff. Oh well. Focusing on the cool stuff, PS4 looks amazing in white and I'll eventually buy one with Bloodborne and other games that might get released along the way :D

I feel you. The lack of third party exclusives is a real bummer. If you have a gaming PC, there really is no real reason to get the console version of any third party game. That's why Microsoft's event was so disappointing to me. They had very few first party exclusives to show because their first party studio stable is so small. I really wish they would have announced the acquisition of one or two existing studios or better yet, the formation of new first party studios. But alas.

1. Won't happen with Aonuma at the helm.

2. Fusion was shit to begin with.

3. Won't happen.

4. Most likely

5. Won't happen.

1. I know

2. No it wasn't

3. I know

4. I actually don't really care, as I already have the game on the Wii virtual console, but it's still something I'd like to see exist for some reason

5. I know

I just want a 2D Metroid that takes place in a new world similar to Fusion, linear or otherwise. You can only revisit Zebes so many times. OG Metroid > Super > Zero Mission is already such a perfect runthrough that any attempts "going back" are going to feel uninspired. Hell, Prime had great new locations.

Chronologically, though, if we get something post-Fusion where Samus is on the run from the Galactic Federation, I'd love for it to be a Genndy Tartakovsky series.

Yes it was. People bitch at Other M (not without merit of course) but alot of the cracks first showed up there. They just weren't as pronounced as Other M.

My Nintendo hopes (which might go from likely to absurd):

- Pokkén FFS, POKKÉN, make it happen, Harada/Iwata!
- Pokémon RS3DS info
- Advance Wars 3D
- F-Zero 3D
- Honestly any interesting new WiiU retail exclusive, lol
- Info on the new totally-not-Harvest-Moon and the we-swear-this-IS-Harvest-Moon titles, if only because this situation is hilarious
- Cool Mario Kart DLC (free being the best price!)
- Smash Bros. info

But really, Pokkén existing = best E3 in ages.
These are the things I'm hoping for. Fzero can be on any system as long as we get one tho lol.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Forced linearity.

Stupid Adam character (yes it was supposed to be a AI copying his personality but it was still stupid)

Crappy controls

Still really fun

I don't even remember him so he must not've been that bad

wait are you talking about Other: M? Then I agree on all counts. Game was awful.

My hopes for Nintendo.

Zelda U.

Moar Smash Bros.

Paper Mario U.

Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 DLC.

I want to know more about the Yoshi yarn game.

Unlikely wish, F-Zero.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Predictions:
Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei (Wii U)
Fire Emblem (3DS)
Curtain Call
Pokken Fighters (Wii U)
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U
Super Mario (Wii U more like Galaxy/64)
Yarn Yoshi (Wii U)
Zelda U
2 New IPS
New Wii (Insert activity here)
Pushmo
Smash Bros
Pokemon 3DS Remakes
Zelda Majora's Mask 3DS Remake
Indies Trailer
QOL platform

-pokemon fighting game
-zelda wii u trailer/teaser
-majora's mask 3d
-yarn yoshi footage
-new ips
-x
-bayonetta 2
-pokemon alpha ruby whatever
-wii u indies

that's what I'm expecting

As I said earlier I was looking forward to get a PS4 soonish but I'm leaning more towards the Wii U now, there's nothing I really have to play on PS4 this year, except for infamous which I really want to play. But on Wii U there's Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Pikmin and more. And there's the free game thing.

On the other hand I have a few PS4 games waiting for me thanks to Plus, but they're not really going away for a while, the Nintendo promotion is.

I'm hoping tomorrow's conference will make the choice clearer.

daripad

YoungBlade is the youngest guy here and he is the only one with reasonable expectations here. Nintendo will just show 2014 stuff + Zelda and that will be all. Also, it looks like we're not even getting Smash stuff on the digital event (obviously saving information for the smash Q&A and smash invitational).

Alrus

Well Sony's conf just killed all good momentum when the Tretton replacement came on stage and started talking about stuff people don't care about for half an hour. Also, I don't E3 is the right venue to announce you're making exclusive TV series... (especially when that announcement comes nearly after your PR dude saying "After all, it's all about games right guys?").

Outside of that:
-Destiny looks amazing (the fact that it's not coming to PC is baffling, what the hell Bungie/Activision).
-The Order looks great but so scripted I'll just watch a stream at some point.
-Bloodborne had a nice CG trailer, doesn't tell me much about the game though, I wish CG trailers wouldn't exist.
-LBP3 looks like LBP, terrible platformers hidden behind a really cute world and cool content builder system.
-I don't care about Uncharted, and again, CG trailer...
-I don't care about Arkham Knight.
-I don't care about MK X, NetherRealms' fighting games really don't gel with me for some reasons.
-Not a single game announcement for the Vita, poor brave little console.

Also people will cheer for anything, even when there's nothing to cheer about. A guy could have just said "Hi" on stage and some people would cheer. It's nothing really but I find it irritating.

Nintendo's "event" will be :
-Smash, Smash, more Smash
-Pokemon RS remakes
-Sonic Boom for 15 minutes because lol.
-Indie games sizzle reels
-Bayonetta 2
-Maybe X
-Some very short CG trailer for Zelda, or some concept art.
-Plenty of time wasted on Wii Sports club.
-Maybe a new IP...

YoungBlade is the youngest guy here and he is the only one with reasonable expectations here. Nintendo will just show 2014 stuff + Zelda and that will be all. Also, it looks like we're not even getting Smash stuff on the digital event (obviously saving information for the smash Q&A and smash invitational).
Oh, I forgot to put Smash on the list lol but yeah what you say seems pretty likely. Still looking forward to it, though, especially to see what new games they reveal. If this E3 is anything like 2012 and 2013 E3 then no one will really "win" E3 for me because all three gave pretty underwhelming conferences.
I really wish I could play Sunset Overdrive, though, it looks really fun.

Mr_Zombie

Well Sony's conf just killed all good momentum when the Tretton replacement came on stage and started talking about stuff people don't care about for half an hour. Also, I don't E3 is the right venue to announce you're making exclusive TV series... (especially when that announcement comes nearly after your PR dude saying "After all, it's all about games right guys?").

I haven't seen Sony's conference yet (I'm at work now) but that's what I liked about Microsoft's conference - it was all about games (+ a single mention of Halo TV series). I may not like everything that was shown there (in fact, I think I mostly enjoyed trailers for few indie titles), but I loved that the conference was simply a 1.5 hour of trailers and gameplay clips. No sales charts, no PR bullshits, no guest stars or random dance routines, no Kinect etc. - just games. Compared to Microsoft's conferences from the past few years, it was great.

-I don't care about Uncharted, and again, CG trailer...
Wasn't it stated that it was in-game (or at least in-engine), though?

Oh, and I'm still waiting for that rumored RE title. It must be there, I know it.

Caladrius

I'm not really feeling either of the conglomerates' systems yet. I may just wait until next year to get them. No Man's Sky and the Master Chief Collection are both very tempting but 400$ is a big plunge for the 3 games or so I want for each right now. (I usually need at least 5 games to be able to justify a system purchase.)

-

The only thing I really have any sort of expectations for from the last presser are Smash, and I suspect there's a 97% chance two of the newcomers are going to be Pac-Man and Mii, the first of which I admire but I'm not terribly interested in, and the second I hate with a passion.

So is No Man's Sky game-of-the-show so far for anyone else?

Hear hear

I want those spaceships inside me.

So is No Man's Sky game-of-the-show so far for anyone else?
So far, definitely. Will definitely be keeping an eye on it and hope it turns out well, because it definitely looks great so far to me. ^^

But yeah, I don't have the money for a PS4 or an Xbox One and probably won't forever, so it doesn't really matter though. I'd love to be able to be both since there's all kinds of stuff that caught my eye and I'd love to give a try (Sunset Overdrive, No Man's Sky, Grim Fandango remaster, LBP3 (never actually played the series but I'd love to give it a try), etc), but alas. Oh well. Still fun just to sit back and watch. :D

sphinx

the piano man
why am I doing this to myself? my brain is convinced that in two hours we'll learn about the next Metroid game in the Prime series.

I keep saying to myself, there is NO CHANCE that will happen, yet my brain refuses to accept it.

Me, for the next two hours
774.gif

Caladrius

It was a good idea for me to do my workout early today. After my shower there should only be an hour left.

why am I doing this to myself? my brain is convinced that in two hours we'll learn about the next Metroid game in the Prime series.

I keep saying to myself, there is NO CHANCE that will happen, yet my brain refuses to accept it.

Let me help

YOU'RE NOT AUTHORIZED TO DELUDE YOURSELF

Me, for the next two hours
774.gif

That should really say "Reggieness intensifies"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom