• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was amazing, well done Nintendo!

Another great feature of Nintendo's conference: handsomeness.

oBbDMRL.jpg

He's kind of hawt!

Hige

IKR Nintendo had the hottest people. The dude on the left couldn't take his eyes off the other guy once he sat down. That ring ain't fooling me!

RM8

BTW I'm super confused about my feelings for Amiibo. I don't think I'll buy the Smash ones, but if they introduce new Mario Kart characters like that then I'll have no choice :x I guess this is the era of DLC and there's no going back...

For me, Nintendo just won E3.

Hyrule Warriors actually looks good
I finally get to play Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
Smash for both 3DS and Wii U - double-dipping for sure
Interesting possibilities for the Amiiboo platform
Fantasy Life coming to the West!
Xenoblade Chronicles X all over my face
With that Bayo1 pack-in, I think I'll definitely be picking up Bayo 2 now
Splatoon has the potential to be an amazingly fun party game

Open world motherfucking Zelda

Yup. I'm satisfied.

RIP Dragon Quest tho

daripad

Yup. I'm satisfied.

RIP Dragon Quest tho

The bolded is what I thought too, two games for the price of one sealed the deal for me.

And there are still some announcements left at Nintendo, do expect a localization

bsej87

Yup. I'm satisfied.

RIP Dragon Quest tho

They're waiting to stealth announce localization of DQ VII, DQ X, and the release of DQ XI all in one feel swoop ; _ ;

Yup. I'm satisfied.

RIP Dragon Quest tho

So so good. I'm adding Bayonetta 2 to my Best Buy pre-orders lol.

RM8

I wasn't going to buy Bayo, but now I can play the first one too I guess. And I can always skip lengthy cutscenes, right? :p Oh and of course Captain Toad is retail! Best Mario character finally getting some recognition.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I wasn't going to buy Bayo, but now I can play the first one too I guess. And I can always skip lengthy cutscenes, right? :p Oh and of course Captain Toad is retail! Best Mario character finally getting some recognition.

You can skip cutscenes.

daripad

And coming from SM3DW the game is going to be so much fun and looks pretty. It even looks like we'll have bosses :')

And there are still some announcements left at Nintendo, do expect a localization

They're waiting to stealth announce localization of DQ VII, DQ X, and the release of DQ XI all in one feel swoop ; _ ;
;__;
Keep the hope alive

That Fantasy Life 3DS trailer gives off major Dragon Quest vibes though. Maybe everything will be alright.

So so good. I'm adding Bayonetta 2 to my Best Buy pre-orders lol.

Totally! At least I have nothing pressing coming out this summer that I need to buy. It'll give me time to finish FFX, FFX-2, and W101 to fully prepare for the upcoming Nintendo goodness.

Whew, just caught up with all the Nintendo stuff (let myself just sleep through the actual event, so I just finished watching through it on YouTube just now). ...Yeah, they definitely won E3 for me.

-Yoshi's Woolly World looks absolutely incredible.
-The Captain Toad game should be a blast.
tumblr_ml252mhgrm1qedbludg.gif
-Palutena is in Smash after all (Now, please add Hades Nintendo! Please! :D)
-Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire looking great so far
-Never played Kirby Canvas Curse, but I only ever heard good things about it, so the sequel's naturally something else to keep my eye on.

Of course, a lot of this stuff unfortunately isn't until 2015, but that's still fine with me, since there's still all kinds of junk I need to somehow get caught up on as it is just due to not having anywhere near the money to keep up with everything that get's released, like:
Link Between Worlds
Kirby's Triple Deluxe
Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros. 4
etc.

So yeah, I'm definitely good. :D

Vazduh

I'm shocked that Nintendo agreed to publish Devil's Third. At first I thought "well, it's Itagaki, the game must be amazing", but after I saw the gameplay video, I wonder who agreed to this because the game looks nothing like the 2010 reveal. It looks horrible! And to think that Itagaki and some of the developers had put a mortgage on their homes to finish the game...

I disagree obviously. I found the platforming really dull. And the removal of the battle system just made everything so boring to me. What RPG elements did it have exactly, since you criticize Sticker Star for not having them.

Levelling up, you could level up in SPM but not in Sticker Star.

I loved SPM because it was its own thing, multiple playable characters with unique abilities, interesting story, cool worlds. It was like a 2D action RPG with a cool 3D gimmick. I'm always a sucker for 2D games.

Sticker Star went back to the original style and it took away the RPG elements of it, and took away the cool stories the other Paper Mario games had. Fighting enemies was boring and pointless without the levelling up IMO.

Levelling up, you could level up in SPM but not in Sticker Star.

I loved SPM because it was its own thing, multiple playable characters with unique abilities, interesting story, cool worlds. It was like a 2D action RPG with a cool 3D gimmick. I'm always a sucker for 2D games.

Sticker Star went back to the original style and it took away the RPG elements of it, and took away the cool stories the other Paper Mario games had. Fighting enemies was boring and pointless without the levelling up IMO.
Yeah, I pretty much feel the same way. I really enjoyed SPM just due to the characters and humor and stuff in the game (like, Bowser was brilliant as per usual for me and characters like Dimentio and Mr. L were great).

I ended up trading in Sticker Star like a week after I got it though, because like you said, fighting enemies was pointless and only really served to waste time, and the game just had nowhere near the charming characters from the other games and even Bowser himself practically did nothing in the game, which was the real let down for me.The game definitely looked great and had some good music, but it's the characters will really sell me on Paper Mario games and give them their charm, and Sticker Star just didn't have that.

Kater

Banned
Borrowed a PC from a friend.
I'm now finally able to change my old, lame avatar to my prideful new 'lgbt-fied' avatar. Thanks again for that btw, guys! ;3

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
As far as press conferences go:

Nintendo > Sony > Microsoft

So is No Man's Sky game-of-the-show so far for anyone else?

Yep. Looks fucking incredible.

Guys you get both Bayonetta for the price of one. This is so great.

Cool, I haven't played Bayo 1 yet so I'll just pick that up whenever I get a Wii U.

Hyrule Warriors actually looks good No it doesn't
I finally get to play Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire I've already played Emerald so I have no interest in this
Smash for both 3DS and Wii U - double-dipping for sure Yawn
Interesting possibilities for the Amiiboo platform Agreed. I think it has some interesting possibilities, but the whole "buy a figurine to unlock a character" thing just doesn't interest me at all
Fantasy Life coming to the West! Yay?
Xenoblade Chronicles X all over my face Why do JRPG characters/stories/writing have to be so fucking embarrassing? Game looks cool though, despite all that.
With that Bayo1 pack-in, I think I'll definitely be picking up Bayo 2 now Yep
Splatoon has the potential to be an amazingly fun party game This was the best thing Nintendo showed at their event. I thought it looked really fun.

Open world motherfucking Zelda Yussssssss

I'm shocked that Nintendo agreed to publish Devil's Third.

Same. Game looks fucking horrible. No wonder THQ or whatever cancelled it.

Holy shit. PS4 getting Final Fantasy Type-0.

F.I.N.A.L.L.Y.

It only took Square 3-4 years to bring it to the west.

Still waiting on DQ7 btw

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New Link design is bringing a lot of insecure straight guys out of the woodwork.

What happened?

Predictions/hopes for Nintendo's weak ass non event:

Zelda U - Not like Skyward Sword, but like, actually good and not shitty Success!

Metroid - preferably a 2D sequel to Fusion Fail

New IP that isn't a minigame collection/party game/downloadable/Mii shit Success! Squidz! :O

Majora's Mask 3DS Fail

F-Zero Fail

Caladrius

Is it confirmed that you can only unlock characters in Smash through the figurines then?

It was explicitly stated that this wouldn't be the case. All of the characters are going to be freely available without them, and future DLC would probably be done independent of the figures. The figures are just a medium for storing and transmitting data.

Why were you guys expecting F-Zero? There hasn't been an F-Zero game since GC.

And Rats, bit too soon to call that new Zelda a success. God knows there'll be some dumb gimmick added to it. Seems more sci-fi-ish than ever especially those arrows. But than I've felt like the zelda series has been going more sci-fi as of late since TP.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
And Rats, bit too soon to call that new Zelda a success. God knows there'll be some dumb gimmick added to it. Seems more sci-fi-ish than ever especially those arrows. But than I've felt like the zelda series has been going more sci-fi as of late since TP.

I mean, that was just for the reveal. The reveal was a success. The open world thing - dungeons in any order, etc. - is really exciting to me. Of course there could be a 3 hour long tutorial, some dumb gimmicks, an annoying helper character, pointless side missions, superfluous mechanics, etc. but right now I'm trying to be positive!

Why were you guys expecting F-Zero? There hasn't been an F-Zero game since GC.

I'd love a futuristic Zelda actually!

I wasn't expecting F-Zero, just wishing for it. Now that Star Fox is back I'm not gonna count F-Zero out lol.

Mr. F

Banned
Zelda looks amazing, was giddy like a kid. Some other cool stuff too, Toad game and Canvas Curse sequel were pleasant surprises. Sick of Smash Bros, wish they didn't lean on it so hard and showed Starfox instead during the direct, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom