• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzo

It was explicitly stated that this wouldn't be the case. All of the characters are going to be freely available without them, and future DLC would probably be done independent of the figures. The figures are just a medium for storing and transmitting data.

Thank you, that's what I wanted to know, it wasn't really made clear when I was watching the Treehouse conference (maybe because I jumped right in the middle of the Amiibo sequence haha).

Thank you, that's what I wanted to know, it wasn't really made clear when I was watching the Treehouse conference (maybe because I jumped right in the middle of the Amiibo sequence haha).
Yeah, basically the figures act as just customizeable assist-trophy-like version of characters that are already in the game in Smash Bros, from what I gather: when you put the figure on the GamePad in a battle, it summons a CPU-controlled version of that character who acts like an ally for you and starts beating up on everyone else. And then kinda similar to Skylanders and stuff, the more you use them, the stronger those allies get and stuff. That's the basic idea, at least, from what I gather. But yeah, no characters will be locked to figures in Smash Bros.

Anyway, anyone watching the Hyrule Warriors gameplay on the Treehouse stream right now? I wasn't really that interested in the game before, but finding out you can use the Great Fairy to summon the Majora's Mask Moon to use against the dragon-boss from Twilight Princess and do stuff like that? Epic. Sign me up~ :D
hyrule_warriors_moon4ef6o.png

Edit: Ah, beat. But yeah, definitely awesome. :D

Really been enjoying this Treehouse stream. Great stuff~ ^_^

I mean, that was just for the reveal. The reveal was a success. The open world thing - dungeons in any order, etc. - is really exciting to me. Of course there could be a 3 hour long tutorial, some dumb gimmicks, an annoying helper character, pointless side missions, superfluous mechanics, etc. but right now I'm trying to be positive!

I think those are a given.

I'd love a futuristic Zelda actually!

I wasn't expecting F-Zero, just wishing for it. Now that Star Fox is back I'm not gonna count F-Zero out lol.

Not a fan of mixing genres like that. They never seem to know what they want to be.

bsej87

Anyway, anyone watching the Hyrule Warriors gameplay on the Treehouse stream right now? I wasn't really that interested in the game before, but finding out you can use the Great Fairy to summon the Majora's Mask Moon to use against the dragon-boss from Twilight Princess and do stuff like that? Epic. Sign me up~ :D

schwarnegger-handshake.jpg

Grizzo

Can I just add that the Nintendo Treehouse live showings was even more interesting thanks to the presence of two pretty hot guys in it?

The one on the left is called Kit Ellis, he's the public relations manager of NoA and he was already there at previous E3, he just got hotter
because of his beard

Yeah it's been amazing, one of the best E3 in years IMO.

Mhmm, I agree. I know people love to throw around who won E3, but Nintendo really did deliver the goods today. The Xenoblade demo was awesome. You couldn't have shown that kind of footage in a conference. I was blown away.

Some friends and I are being dorks and watching it together over Skype :D

Same here, plus my boyfriend is watching it as well. He's a huge Smash fan and is flipping out. It's adorable.

Square is in the business to make money - why would they release a game on the Vita?
Pretty much. The whole reason they never released it on the PSP to begin with was because the platform was dead in the west, so it really wouldn't make much sense to port it to a platform that's in the same situation--might as well have just released it for the PSP to begin with following that logic.

Of course, I definitely understand being disappointed with it not being on the Vita and ideally games should be released on as many platforms as possible so that as many people as possible have the opportunity to play it.

However, at the same time, the way I look at it is that yesterday, we pretty much had no hope that Type-0 was ever going to get localized at this point. At this point, it was just too far gone. At best, we were just going to get Agito, the mobile version of the game (which it turns we're also indeed getting, of course), and even that, while likely, wasn't quite a sure thing.

But now, after years of waiting, it turns out that they are indeed remaking the game so that fans in the west finally have the change to play the game and have made the decision to release an HD remaster of the game on the Xbox One and PS4, two platforms which are both doing well in the west right now and look to have good futures ahead of them, so that those fans are able to do so. This is something that of course no one expected, came completely out of nowhere, and is something S-E definitely didn't have to do, especially after all this time. Is it still disappointing that it's not coming out on the Vita? Definitely.

But at the same, people expected pretty much nothing to happen in terms of Type-0 at this point. And if it were to come over, people were speculating all kinds of possibilities of it popping up on more healthy platforms, just so that people have a change to play the game in the west at all, such as such an HD remaster or even the idea of a 3DS port.

The main takeaway for me is that prior to today, people really weren't expecting an actual localization of Type-0 at all, and now, out of nowhere, S-E did indeed make the decision to announce a remaster for it on the Xbox One and PS4. Those may not be the platforms people expected or wanted, but prior to today, people weren't expecting the game to ever be released in the west, and now S-E actually did make the decision to do a remaster of the game so that fans of the game actually do have the ability to play a localized version in the west. Does it suck that it's not on even more platforms, so that people who only have one of those other platforms can have the opportunity to play it as well? Of course. But at the same time, people basically would have killed for any localized version yesterday and indeed today Square-Enix announced a remaster of the game aimed at the western audience, which they really had no reason to ever make in the first place, especially at this point, so that they indeed do have that possibility which most had entirely given up on at this point.

Now, do I understand being disappointed at this not being at the Vita? Of course, and I definitely know that feeling myself, really wanting to play stuff like Sunset Overdrive and such, but having no clue when I'll be able to afford an Xbox One, or a PS4 for that matter (heck, I can't even afford the games I want on the platforms I do have). But while I definitely understand being disappointed, actually being outraged just strikes me as silly precisely because... well, listen to yourself: your outraged that S-E actually is taking the time to localize a game they really had no reason to ever localize at this point and make an HD remaster of it, and getting outraged just because despite this being something they had no reason to actually do to begin with, and is just an attempt to even give western fans an attempt to play the game at all on platforms that aren't dead, being outraged because it's not on your platform of choice? Being disappointed I understand, but being outraged over Square-Enix localizing a game they had absolutely no reason to at this point and no one expected them to, just because it's not on one's platform of choice is definitely silly, IMO.

EDIT: ...Really sorry that this ended up changing into such a fucking huge rant though. xD Really has nothing to do with anyone in here. Just been absolutely disgusted with some of the attitudes I've been seeing in the thread over in gaming and how there's pages and pages of nothing but pure juvenile whining in there and glorified port-begging and just trudging through even a bit of the BS in that thread filled me with disgust and rage that ended up carrying over to this post, since I haven't had a chance to get it out anywhere else yet. Definitely feel a bit better now though and again, definitely apologize for this turning into such a huge rant and definitely hope that I don't end up bringing some of that platform-wars BS over here. I definitely respect Vita owners and understand their frustration, but just the attitudes in that thread... ugh... Just way, way, over the top, IMO, especially since it really is something that by all means should be a wonderful and happy announcement because of how unexpected it was for us to ever get the game ever, on any platform and just seeing all that negativity really gets to me and in turn makes me all negative and grumpy and stuff, which I really hate being. Why can't we all just be friends? Why are we so at each other's necks with this platform war bs and which platform deserves what games, instead of being happy that anyone is lucky enough to have the chance to play localized versions of fantastic games like that, even if those lucky people unfortunately might not be ourselves? Sigh. :(

Sai-kun

Banned
Im so fucking mad about FFT-0 I can't even.

... yes that dude is hot.

My girlfriend was super distraught about FFT0. :( she doesn't have a PS4, but has a Vita. I feel bad for you fans who were misled :(((( really sucks

I would love to play destiny in the alpha. :(

Play when you get home :) it's really fun, and in the few hours I've put into it, my opinion on it has really turned around. I was streaming earlier and I had around 300 people watching!

Prompto

Banned
I'm really hoping that surprise 3DS game is Majoras Mask. I haven't touched my 3DS in a while. E3 has been pretty good so far though. Today convinced me to get a Wii U before the end of the year and I'll probably end up buying a PS4 as well. Xbox is looking pretty appealing too now.

Christopher

I'm really hoping that surprise 3DS game is Majoras Mask. I haven't touched my 3DS in a while. E3 has been pretty good so far though. Today convinced me to get a Wii U before the end of the year and I'll probably end up buying a PS4 as well. Xbox is looking pretty appealing too now.

Wgay convinced you to get a wii u?

Levelling up, you could level up in SPM but not in Sticker Star.

I loved SPM because it was its own thing, multiple playable characters with unique abilities, interesting story, cool worlds. It was like a 2D action RPG with a cool 3D gimmick. I'm always a sucker for 2D games.

Sticker Star went back to the original style and it took away the RPG elements of it, and took away the cool stories the other Paper Mario games had. Fighting enemies was boring and pointless without the levelling up IMO.

What did leveling up even do exactly?

And for a 2D action game it was surprisingly... dull? There really weren't a lot of enemies on screen. Or much to dodge.

I probably agree Sticker Star was worse. But I don't see Super Paper Mario as being a good RPG. Maybe the characters were good, but honestly I found it to be such a snoozefest and was so mad the battle system was removed that I can barely remember anyone besides Luigi and Dimentio. Fuck the stupid pixels.

RM8

Well, Sticker Star is my favorite PM and I've played/loved all 4 of them :x
---

Guise Pac-Man looks awesome in Smash Bros., so glad they didn't use his Ghostly Adventures design! What an amazing E3 day.

Seriously, I feel like Nintendo brought a completely different feel to E3 today. What Sony and MS offers is absolutely valuable, but Ninty brings something else entirely. It's why I get so frustrated when people say Nintendo should/will go 3rd party. Why wouldn't you want these games and announcements alongside the rest? Blows my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom