• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daripad

You're probably right.

Btw, today is my birthday.
Two years until gay death. At least I have some Fetzer wine and banana cake.
But no company.

Happy birthday Austrian crush. Hope you have a nice day and celebrate with moderation
which doesn't seem to be the case lol

I've noticed this with the 4 other gay people I know. After they came out they started doing flamboyant gestures and raising their voice. Why? I understand if you were naturally pitched that way, but I don't understand forcing your voice to go higher. When it was just me and them (when I knew they were gay/bi) they didn't feel the need to act differently.

Don't want to offend anyone, just genuinely curious.

I don't know but is very annoying. It is more disturbing when you notice that they have deep voices but try to hard to talk in a high pitched voice, I really wish they had my voice lol. And it doesn't even makes them look better or cooler, is just annoying

Kater

Banned
Happy birthday Austrian crush. Hope you have a nice day and celebrate with moderation
which doesn't seem to be the case lol

-snip-

Thanks and yeah, I overdid it probably.

I stole some pretty roses though which are very lovely to look at.

Thanks again, mexican crush.

MarkusRJR

I think that's just something people in their teens do when first coming out.. they've had trouble fitting into other groups so they're doing their best to conform to how gay people are "supposed" to act. Its incredibly annoying but hopefully something that they will outgrow quickly.

I don't know but is very annoying. It is more disturbing when you notice that they have deep voices but try to hard to talk in a high pitched voice, I really wish they had my voice lol. And it doesn't even makes them look better or cooler, is just annoying
Regarding my brother specifically, it's been like a year or so since he was "out" to his friends. He's started with the higher voice back then, but since this year he's literally an octave above or higher (sounds like he's talking with a falsetto or something lol). He's 26. I was hoping it was a short phase but it's definitely getting worse.

Kater

Banned
Damn, the guy from the flea market (who said that he wasn't gay) just contacted me via a message on FB.
A new friend? Wow. This is too good to be true. :'(

Added him. Maybe I will see him in the future.
Fuck yeah

I am gay but I have a new straight friend it seems! Wooooo!

MarkusRJR

The community code is 3801-6140-1829

I'm daripad
I didn't know there was a MK8 community for GayGAF! I'll definitely join later today.

Also, my Wii U username is marKUS-rob. I have like no friends on my Wii U so feel free to add me. :)

Also, my XBL is MarkusRJR (own a 360 and an Xbone). Most of my friends irl don't game so it'd be awesome to play with some people online.

Kater

Banned
But he loves Gone Home

I'm torn

Ugh

Edit: Gave me his phone number. Uh yes.
I wish I had the kind of magic to turn him gay and appreciate Nintendo.

He also said that he like my Jon Snow banner on FB.

This is cruel

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Just find a guy who likes those things and is interested in men.

Stop fawning over some straight boy. That never goes anywhere. 😛

Kater

Banned
You talk to a random guy at the flea market and somehow form a friendship with him? that's pretty cool.

I saw him and just thought I talk to him (at 4AM, he helped his grandmother open up her stand). And somehow he loves Gone Home, a lot of the music I like and Game of Thrones.

So weird.

All thanks to alcohol.

Just find a guy who likes those things and is interested in men.

Stop fawning over some straight boy. That never goes anywhere. ��

I know ;_;

Sibylus

Banned
I already liked you, Bo, but now I like you even more.
tumblr_inline_ml499pmk0G1rtp8ie.gif

MarkusRJR

I like to compare Nintendo's appeal to Disney or Pixar.

...and then I realize that there are people out there that consider Disney and Pixar movies for kids only.

Whatever. I will continue to enjoy my Yoshi 3DS (probably the most embarassing and kiddy looking version of the 3DS). :p

EDIT: Oh and I am super hyped to play gone home when it comes to consoles. I keep hearing so many good comments about it I can't help but be excited. It's coming to Xbox One and not just PS4, right? It feels like every indie game is only on Playstation or timed exclusive at least.

Ties

Banned
Nintendo games are definitely one of the better developed in the industry, in my opinion. The Wii U itself needs to prove itself with more third party support before i delve into it, because unlike their handheld ventures, they still seem to struggle obtaining the support of third parties. It wouldn't be much of a problem if their evergreen franchises struck a chord with me, but neither Zelda, Mario, nor any of their offerings on the system (other than maybe the new Smash) is compelling me to purchase the system. The 3DS is still a hella bomb system though.

Not entirely sure on the Gone Home port btw. But I heard that it's a pretty good game if you expect a certain narrative driven game rather than straight up survival horror.

also got back from a baseball game and a lot of guys checked me out wooo. cant receiprocate tho bc of obvious reasons + im technically on a business trip for school

alvmew

Nintendo games are definitely one of the better developed in the industry, in my opinion. The Wii U itself needs to prove itself with more third party support before i delve into it, because unlike their handheld ventures, they still seem to struggle obtaining the support of third parties. It wouldn't be much of a problem if their evergreen franchises struck a chord with me, but neither Zelda, Mario, nor any of their offerings on the system (other than maybe the new Smash) is compelling me to purchase the system. The 3DS is still a hella bomb system though.

Not entirely sure on the Gone Home port btw. But I heard that it's a pretty good game if you expect a certain narrative driven game rather than straight up survival horror.

also got back from a baseball game and a lot of guys checked me out wooo. cant receiprocate tho bc of obvious reasons + im technically on a business trip for school

A fellow Vegas GayGAFer?! :0

alvmew

omg

Yes! How do you know?

You mentioning a baseball game - a buddy of mine went to that tonight, so just seemed like maybe you lived here (I mean yeah baseball games happen in other places, but still. Lol). Checked your profile and it says Vegas. Neat! :)

Ties

Banned
You mentioning a baseball game - a buddy of mine went to that tonight, so just seemed like maybe you lived here (I mean yeah baseball games happen in other places, but still. Lol). Checked your profile and it says Vegas. Neat! :)
ooh hm.

I'm actually in Kansas City right now, haha. I wasn't aware we had actual stadiums back home x-x

Mr_Zombie

Edit: I'm sorry if I spoiled anything for you, Mr_Zombie. Just wanted to share my excitement for the last season with you people here.

No problem. Due to being a PC guy (who usually have to wait for late ports of games released on consoles) I managed to develop a "spoiler-avoid" ability where I automatically shut my mind and omit texts that I know might contain spoilers :D

this guy won third place in Mr World 2014, mexican.

josep.jpg

WTF,.. it's ridiculously beautiful,

I wonder how place 1 and 2 look like

Uhm... I need a shower.
That he didn't win is a disgrace. A disgrace!

*glomp*

It is my favorite gay history book!

So you recommend it?
*wishlisted*

do you know of any other gay history books

i am ignorant of the history of my people

u__u

If you're into culture and history, I can recommend you "Homosexuality & Civilization" by Louis Crompton. Because of my backlog I've only managed to read the first chapter (it's available as a Kindle sample for free on Amazon), which is about ancient Greek, and I can already say that the book is very through-out. Each chapter is about a different time period and locations (Europe, China, Japan). It doesn't include modern history, though. It ends on 1810 Europe (or 1868 Japan).

Kater

Banned
These are supposedly the average male faces by country:

Doesn't look too scientific to me, but it's interesting :p England is pretty handsome. So is Serbia.

I'm half Austrian/half German. Does that make me the ultimate generic white dude? :p

Those asian guys look really good too.

Not into any of those racial faces. Guess I need my men mixed.

Or maybe it's me being a hipster piece of shit and not liking predominantly straight faces

RM8

Ouch, ouch, my mobile data. I hate when mobile GAF decides to not hide one single picture from a post :( Also that Treehouse thank you card thread went places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom