• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk about my actual waist measurement but I have to get size 36-38 pants soley cause of my ass and thighs. Otherwise sometimes I can barely get then past the bottom of my butt. Pants are a real damn struggle lol. The booty don't lie lol

LOL thank you for the flattery boys, I wasn't expecting that, though it doesn't help my pants situation D:

How does everyone feel about H&M?

different POV.

there's so many pants that fit but it's so hard to decide which to buy.
#Thestruggleisreal

You betta goddamn werq.

^^^ H&m pants might be good and surprising I've used them for their pants not jeans tho. Try it. I usually wear gap pants. Only decent pair in a while that fits and looks nice on me. Try As many brands and cuts. Try straight cut (lol) boot cut is ok but are too low and wide on the bottom if you don't cuff the bottoms you might step on the bottoms a lot

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If there are multiple cuts I'll ask around for the "best" version. Usually, it's DC.

Most movies are better for it.

Grakl

It's more annoying shopping for nonexistent sizes like 29 or 30 waist.

Out of any given pile of jeans, there's maybe 1-2 pairs that fits my particular frame (30-32, usually), it s a very Asian proportion that just doesn't show up often, nor does it get restocked quickly like other more common Americanized ratios. If it exists, chances are some other rake thin guy bought it and the store hasn't had time to order a new pair.

#thestruggleisreal
30-32s are hard to find? they're usually not too bad, I think -- I have to choose between 30-32s and 30-34s, since it depends on the brand and the fit if it actually is long enough.

levi's really are pretty great

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Yeah, 30-32 is all over the place here. Huh.

Now my 28-28, well that's nonexistent. Gotta add $10 onto the price of any pants since I have to get them all altered.

Haly

You listened to Sculli didn't you? Theatrical is best. DC ruins the pacing.
Pacing was fine, dunno what you people are on about.
30-32s are hard to find? they're usually not too bad, I think -- I have to choose between 30-32s and 30-34s, since it depends on the brand and the fit if it actually is long enough.

levi's really are pretty great

For me they are, might have to do with obesity rates here (low rates, but still obesity-inclined stock), but I can see how 30-34 is way worse.
34 here lol.

I love Uniqlo but they hate me. It's really hard to find a 34 pants.

Uniqlo is really good for me because they stock azn sizes.

Now my 28-28, well that's nonexistent. Gotta add $10 onto the price of any pants since I have to get them all altered.

Lol, okay, I guess I should be thankful my pants are rare instead of literally nonexistent. I dated a girl who hated shopping because she was really short and slim and nothing ever fit properly. She'd have to look for super-petit or something similar, because petit was oftentimes too baggy.

I'm really offended that Soulscribe wears bootcut, btw.

Slim fit though! D:

I think I have three goto jeans right now; one's a boot cut that somehow hugs my ass and upper legs well and it looks pretty good on me with most things. One's just a skinny fit that hugs my legs all the way down, which looks good with big shoes or boots. The third is I think just a regular (classic?) cut that's the same width all the way down, but hugs my body just enough to look good too.

Of course these days it's all about those high rising shorts. lol

Haly

And low rise.

I want to see those thigh bones.

Slim sometimes ( gotta show off the cakes) Straight fit mostly though
I Love Love uniqlo for shirts and undies and well pretty much everything, but their pants didnt even go past my thigh >____>. way yo slim for me :( i should try again i guess
semi tempted to post a booty in pants picture again but idk Lol. the other one is probably still somewhere for all i know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sai-kun

Banned
Uniqlo is really good for me because they stock azn sizes.

yooo truth i went to uniqlo for shorts and they're perf, especially compared to the shit i was wearing before. used to have to use belts all the time because size 28 waist, but the uniqlo shorts fit really well.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Slim fit though! D:

oh, so they're bellbottoms
9oQVdpH.gif

Speaking of clothes, Sai posted these fun(ny) shirts on tumblr. Isn't there a gay gaffer who was into this big beefy bara stuff? I really like the green sweatshirt even though the characters aren't my thing.

Haly

yooo truth i went to uniqlo for shorts and they're perf, especially compared to the shit i was wearing before. used to have to use belts all the time because size 28 waist, but the uniqlo shorts fit really well.
Truly a god send for us ABCs and ABKs and ABJs and whatnot.

Ty4on

28 waist here, kill me

Surprised there are so many with waist 28. I usually have to settle with size 30 and a belt. It's great when I forget to put on a belt and realize how much I needed it at work -_-

For me they are, might have to do with obesity rates here (low rates, but still obesity-inclined stock), but I can see how 30-34 is way worse.
Reminds me of when there was a nationwide story because clothing stores had made new sections specifically for overweight children. I was a child at the time and remember not realizing I had walked into that section when I couldn't find correct sizes :p

Edit:
Speaking of clothes, Sai posted these fun(ny) shirts on tumblr. Isn't there a gay gaffer who was into this big beefy bara stuff? I really like the green sweatshirt even though the characters aren't my thing.
Who isn't! :p

Mono

Okay, this has nothing to do with anything, but

YOOOOOOOOOOO

I ran out of shampoo so I used my brother's. I am now young Brad Pitt's aftershave scented and it is marvoulous.

10/10, would use men's shampoo again

Haly

Definitely a bomba in my book if you know what I mean.

Lucario

uniqlo is scary as fuck and there's too many pastels :|

I kind of miss being 15 and buying shitty clothes at hot topic.

Isn't there a gay gaffer who was into this big beefy bara stuff?

Yes. At this point I probably know most of the main authors by name and visual style. Tagame, Mentaiko, Takeshi Matsu, Tsukasa Metsuzaki, etc...

Well I guess I don't know most of the main authors since for some reason a lot of bara stuff is now crossed with furry which I avoid. But those are probably the main ones that stick with human characters for the most part.

Sagitario

Lol you do still have it lol. Sagi when was the last time you've been in this thread? :eek:
I believe the last time I posted was back in April, during my birthday.
I don't really post much/browse GAF anymore and I usually stick to a few specific gaming threads.
It isn't like I have anything [interesting] to say/share in this thread either, so...

But you can always find me in FB/Twitter ;P

Haly

I thought ravers had spiky neon hair.

Am I getting ravers confused with some other music sub-culture? Or have I just browsed through one too many pieces of furry art?

So excited, going to be in the LGBT Pride Run in NYC tomorrow morning and attending the parade on Sunday. First time eva.

Also, I have a date on Tuesday!
Things are happening

Mr_Zombie

So I've just finished Gone Home. That was quite an interesting experience. I was worried that because I had the main plot point spoiled beforehand (
Sam is gay
) it would diminish the experience, but thankfully it didn't (the "twist" quickly became obvious anyway). Characters in the game and relationships between them were well done, especially given that you learn about them only through items, various letters, notes and Sam's journal. However, the game still had another plot point (
the Terry - Oscar one
) which, IMHO, due to its non-obviousness, was the icing on the cake and the real proof of how great Gone Home's story/narrative is.

Dany

Banned
Ha, I played through it last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend everyone to play. It was sad, sweet and surprisingly emotional. It really touched topics and feelings that games rarely go for

I was so worried to be upset at the ending, but I'm glad how things turned out. My gut was in my stomach through the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom