• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucario

That's purple?

Almost all purple dyes fade to magenta/pink, which is way more noticeable and fun imho, so I like to start with a very light application of purple dye (letting it sit for maybe ~15 minutes). This makes it start as a lighter & more pink-ish color, and lets me decide where to go from there.

Mr. F

Banned
Dany_M and Mr_F was the other couple, if I'm not misrembering things here.
Right?
Oh wait, you are talking about that guy who made a thread about how he met his boyfriend through PonyGAF.

Right!

Yeah, Acerac and Firehead. Don't know who Dany_M and Mr_F are.

giphy.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm new to this thread cut me some slack.

I know both Grakl/Lucario and Acerac/Firehead from other sub communities (not PonyGAF I don't pony).

Kater

Banned
We actually have our own GayGaf MK8 community, complete with our own private Miiverse page. Quote this post to see the code.

But I'm still such a noob at the game. I want to start with 1-1 stuff for the beginning. (I write down the code anyway for when I'm ready.)

Kinsei

Banned
But I'm still such a noob at the game. I want to start with 1-1 stuff for the beginning. (I write down the code anyway for when I'm ready.)

Because of the way the items work in MK8, I think it would actually be harder to learn how to play in 1v1 races, but if you want someone to show you the tracks and various shortcuts, feel free to add me.

NNID: Gnerdus

And a lack of money is the worst, otherwise I would have got a Wii U ages ago.

Also, I just exceeded 1000 posts! I'm not sure if that's an accomplishment or a travesty. But still!

Haly

I was a Ninty gamer up until the Wii, which burned me out some. Realized Nintendo games just weren't that good, or at least, not for me.

Coincided with me starting to build my own PCs and ascending to esport heaven.

Caladrius

I have 70 blillion games on my hard drive and no motivation to play most of them.

Maybe I'll get around to it once I'm done with my MegaTen and Metroid binge.

-

Also choosing between money and staying out of school for a year is not fun.

Kater

Banned
It seems everyone here owns a Wii U.

It's my favourite Nintendo console to be honest. GC controller is still better than the Wii U game pad though.

Because of the way the items work in MK8, I think it would actually be harder to learn how to play in 1v1 races, but if you want someone to show you the tracks and various shortcuts, feel free to add me.

NNID: Gnerdus

That's one of the reasons why I want to race against only 1 real player. Since I'm completely unfamiliar with all the new Wii and Wii U tracks. (and COMPs only races are boring)

RM8

WiiU is cool. It's going end up being a Dreamcast, Saturn, TG16-like system with a cool, unique library. I can't rate it right now since it has yet to get lots of games, but my Nintendo home console ranking would be like this: N64 > Wii > NES = GCN > SNES.

Achtius

WiiU is cool. It's going end up being a Dreamcast, Saturn, TG16-like system with a cool, unique library. I can't rate it right now since it has yet to get lots of games, but my Nintendo home console ranking would be like this: N64 > Wii > NES = GCN > SNES.

What. SNES should be way higher. For me, it's probably SNES > GCN > N64 > NES > Wii

I think Wii is what drove me to Sony. I hate the controller and there wasn't enough Wii games I like.

I used to think so, then I realized Europa Universalis is a good game.

I was debating whether i should get that game or not. I watch some let's play video, and it seems way too complicated for me.

Haly

I used to think like Ratsky, then I realized Europa Universalis is a good game.

Wouldn't trade it for all the marios and zerudas in the world.

Anyway, at the end of the day PC gets all the the ports. Dark Souls, Final Fantasy, Ikaruga, SFIV, Ys, just to name a few big ports in recent years. Technological convergence means the most versatile platform eventually gets everything, and this is speaking only of legal channels...
I was debating whether i should get that game or not. I watch some let's play video, and it seems way too complicated for me.

It's definitely not for the faint of heart.

daripad

Rm88's favorite nintendo console is N64? I just can't believe it, lots of games there play way too bad.

WiiU is great but still misses F-Zero so it can't be my favorite Nintendo console unless Smash 4 is way too good

RM8

What. SNES should be way higher. For me, it's probably SNES > GCN > N64 > NES > Wii

I think Wii is what drove me to Sony. I hate the controller and there wasn't enough Wii games I like.
Wii has an incredibly underrated library of actual games that are mostly motion-controls-free. Most of my Wii play time was done with a GCN controller, or a sideways Wiimote. Also I was Wii+PS3 during the entire generation, and if anything it was PS3 the system that disappointed me big time coming from PS2.

Rm88's favorite nintendo console is N64? I just can't believe it, lots of games there play way too bad.

WiiU is great but still misses F-Zero so it can't be my favorite Nintendo console unless Smash 4 is way too good
N64 rocks. So many superb games, awesome local multi, and my launch N64 still works and is currently plugged :3 Can't beat that. 5th gen was awesome, PS1 is also my favorite Sony console.

Caladrius

PCs are strategy game heaven, so they have an important niche in my library no matter what.

The 64 had a fairly slim library (there's about 30 titles I could feasibly recommend) but the games it had worth playing were gems.

It's a toss-up between The gamecube and 64 for me.

The 64 had most of the games that shaped my experiences and tastes in gaming and the gamecube had the strongest first-party lineup of any console I've owned.

Outside of those two it's hard to rank them because I feel like Nintendo's had uniformly strong consoles (at least as far as 1st party goes, which is the only thing I've ever played them for.)

Achtius

if anything it was PS3 the system that disappointed me big time coming from PS2.

haha. Wii was disappointment for me after GC. Especially with Windwaker, Baten Kaitos + Origins, and Viewtiful Joe. GC does have its disappointment tho. Mario Sunshine is probably the worst mario for me.

Also it helps i didn't own a ps2 I guess

Haly

If we're talking solely of Nintendo platforms, the only ones I owned were SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii and DS.

So if I had to rank them...

SNES > Gamecube > DS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> N64 > Wii

I didn't do much gaming on the N64 because I picked it up toward the end of its life (when I already had a Dreamcast). It had a few fun games, most notably Smash Bros, which would be a gaming mainstay for many years of my life, but beyond that the platform bored me. SNES was a very formative experience, with games like SMRPG and KIrby. Again, I didn't game all that much back then so I missed out on a lot of classics (Megaman, Chrono Trigger), but I became an RPG fan thanks to SMRPG and that has been a constant in my life. The DS was my first handheld and just a great console all around.

Gamecube had:

1) SSBM: The epitome of the "party fighter" genre
2) Pikmin: One of the best console RTSes ever made
3) Metroid Prime: Echoes (didn't play the original): Again, groundbreaking console rendition of FPS genre
4) FFCC: Very flawed, because it was far ahead of its time (needed online connectivity), but enjoyable for what it was even if I never got to play multi
5) Tales of Symphonia: Before this game, it was "Tales who"? Revitalized this franchise into the system-selling JRPG juggernaut it is today
6) Animal Crossing: Also ahead of its time, now the whole casual life-sim thing is an inseparable part of modern MMOs and Social games
7) Starfox Adventures: I think Krystal Fox awakened something in me

Kater

Banned
My list would be more like GC > Wii U > SNES > N64 > Wii

Even though the Wii ha some real gems like Xenoblade and even the whole Wii Sport thing was fun but overall it had the worse control scheme for someone who comes from standard console controllers (PS2, GC) and mouse/keyboard.

That's why I never bought a Wii for myself, only played on other people Wii consoles.

Achtius

SNES has two of my favorite games. Super Mario World (no other mario topped this) and Secret of Mana (the mana series died for me after Seiken Densetsu 3).

RM8

I'll never understand the complains about controls on Wii because:

804169b.jpg
900482b.jpg

Which were actually supported by lots of games. If you remove the games that use motion controls you still have lots of great games, most of my favorites fall in this category.

Kater

Banned

804169b.jpg
900482b.jpg

Which were actually supported by lots of games. If you remove the games that use motion controls you still have lots of great games, most of my favorites fall in this category.

I never really knew that these special controllers existed since I never bothered to really inform myself about the Wii.

Was a bit ignorant back then. :/

Glad that I can still play those great games because of the Wii U's BC. :)

Ty4on

804169b.jpg
900482b.jpg

Because some don't like spending that much money. Especially when GC controllers were rare in Europe. The CC Pro was first introduced in 2009 and the original had very dated ergonomics. The best Wii game also didn't work with them -_-

Didn't help that I had gotten used to the miracle that is the 360 controller :p

RM8

The original Classic Controller still had a better d-pad than PS3 and 360, though :p I use a HoriPad 3 on PS3 because DualShock controllers usually have terrible d-pads.

Wii U>>> everything. I am just loving the platformer love and Nintendo's games look like Disney films. It also has the best 3D and 2D Marios, best DKC and best MK... makes me really excited for Zelda and Smash Bros.

Ty4on

The original Classic Controller still had a better d-pad than PS3 and 360, though :p I use a HoriPad 3 on PS3 because DualShock controllers usually have terrible d-pads.

D-pad? You must mean item selector, no?

Edit: I have no idea why some even use it as a regular d-pad. Blew my mind when I realized the guy setting the Spelunky record run that I saw live played with it.

RM8

Actually, that's something I love about PC. Most games are required to support keyboard controls, which I can map to a controller d-pad :3 D-pad racing 4Lyfe.

Ty4on

Actually, that's something I love about PC. Most games are downright required to support keyboard controls, which I can map to a controller d-pad :3 D-pad racing 4Lyfe.
Nope. (loud music warning) Without a wheel/controller you need to use the mouse :p

I learned how to play LFS with a 360 controller which wasn't that hard with a little help from the practise mach stages in Sonic 06 gave me :p

Kater

Banned
Wii U>>> everything. I am just loving the platformer love and Nintendo's games look like Disney films. It also has the best 3D and 2D Marios, best DKC and best MK... makes me really excited for Zelda and Smash Bros.

I still have to play 3D World. :/

But yeah, it's great. And the visuals of the games on it are stunning!

If only we (EU and US) could get some Fire Emblem VC games. -.-

Definitely. 3D World, NSMBU Challenge Mode, NSLU, and Tropical Freeze were all insanely awesome (especially the last of those), as were Lego City and Nintendo Land. So hyped for Captain Toad, Yoshi, and Xenocross right now--they all look incredible. :D

VegiHam

I keep almost buying a WiiU then not doing it. I'll probably have one by Christmstime this year so I can play MarioKart and Smash Bros with my actual bros
I mainly want it for Xenoblade X but one game isn't a good enough reason

Kater

Banned
I keep almost buying a WiiU then not doing it. I'll probably have one by Christmstime this year so I can play MarioKart and Smash Bros with my actual bros
I mainly want it for Xenoblade X but one game isn't a good enough reason

There's also Legend of Zelda, Yoshi's Wooly World and Kirby
SUPER AWESOME CLAYMATION
and the Rainbow Course coming out for the Wii U in 2015.
Also Splatoon, Bayonetta 1 + 2 and Hyrule Warriors.

I'm such a Nintendo fanboy >_>

RM8

Listing awesome Wii U games and no one mentions Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate? For shame y'all
With MH4 coming soon on Nintendo's main system? Yeah, I can see why :p
---

WiiU is going to turn out okay, plenty of great exclusives. But even more than previous Nintendo home consoles, this is mostly a 1st party system, so I can see why it doesn't appeal to people who don't like Nintendo stuff.

Kater

Banned
I can't figure out how to play Monster Hunter. Like, I put around 10 hours into it on my 3DS and I still haven't figured it out. I mostly played it in co-op and fooled around a lot. Got my backside handed to me by any off the actual big monsters.

Maybe I'll try it on Wii U if MH4 comes out for it.

Kinsei

Banned
I've never been a huge MH fan. Mainly due to the fact that I'm dont like JRPGs. Or turn based combat at all.
Mario Kart 8 looks excellent though.

Uh, Monster Hunter isn't a JRPG, nor does it have turn based combat. The closest thing I can compare it to without picking another game in the Action/Hunting genre is the boss fights in the Souls games, but harder.

daripad

Now that you are mentioning games (and the lack of a general 3DS thread) I really want to get a new 3DS game to pick up and play for 15 to 20 minutes while waiting for my sister at her job every night. I'd like something that lasts at least 15 hours of single player content and being able to save everywhere (ala Xenoblade where you load the game at the exact same spot you were before). I don't care about genre, I play everything, but it has to be retail because I love buying retail games (collection porpuses :p). What's my best option?

That's not MH...

Uh, Monster Hunter isn't a JRPG, nor does it have turn based combat. The closest thing I can compare it to without picking another game in the Action/Hunting genre is the boss fights in the Souls games, but harder.
Whoops, seems I was wrong. I thought that's what it was and I've avoided it all this time based on that.
Sounds cool then. Is it available on any non Nintendo platforms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom