• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Now that you are mentioning games (and the lack of a general 3DS thread) I really want to get a new 3DS game to pick up and play for 15 to 20 minutes while waiting for my sister at her job every night. I'd like something that lasts at least 15 hours of single player content and being able to save everywhere (ala Xenoblade where you load the game at the exact same spot you were before). I don't care about genre, I play everything, but it has to be retail because I love buying retail games (collection porpuses :p). What's my best option?

The best 3DS game is Fire Emblem Awakening. You can play it in short burst since most of the maps can be cleared in around 10 - 20 minutes.

It also features a lot of hot guys. :p
zlcfzr2yjiiusddetdm6jvi.jpg

(From the Summer Harvest DLC)

Kinsei

Banned
Whoops, seems I was wrong. I thought that's what it was and I've avoided it all this time based on that.
Sounds cool then. Is it available on any non Nintendo platforms?

PSP and Vita has Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, which has all of the content of Monster Hunter 1 (+ expansions) and Monster Hunter 2 (+ expansions), along with some new content.

There is Monster Hunter Online, a free to play MMO for PC, but I don't think there is any plans on bringing it out of Asia.

daripad

The best 3DS game is Fire Emblem Awakening. You can play it in short burst since most of the maps can be cleared in around 10 - 20 minutes. It also features a lot of hot guys. :p

That's what I've been playing but I'd like something new. Though I never got the DLC hmmmm...

Kinsei

Banned
That's what I've been playing but I'd like something new. Though I never got the DLC hmmmm...

I'm going to sound like a broken record but, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate! It has everything you're looking for minus a save anywhere feature.

There is also Pokemon X/Y and Ocarina of Time 3D which do let you save anywhere.

Caladrius

The best 3DS game is Fire Emblem Awakening. You can play it in short burst since most of the maps can be cleared in around 10 - 20 minutes.

It also features a lot of hot guys. :p

You misspelled Shin Megami Tensei IV, but FE:A is a solid (and more accessible) choice.

Kater

Banned

The Harvest pack is pretty fun and for novice players. There are some other DLC maps that are very tough though, so if you are new to the game I wouldn't recommend them to you since you will get very frustrated with them
like a friend of mine who tried and tried but could never beat it

You misspelled Shin Megami Tensei IV, but FE:A is a solid (and more accessible) choice.

You mean the game that hasn't even got a release for where I live? :p

daripad

I'm going to sound like a broken record but, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate! It has everything you're looking for minus a save anywhere feature.

There is also Pokemon X/Y and Ocarina of Time 3D which do let you save anywhere.

I'd rather buy Monster Hunter for my WiiU tbh and it sounds like a game that needs too much time to enjoy it and I don''t really want to put 300 hours in a game as summer is going to end and next semester is going to be more difficult than the last one.

I already have the other two

The Harvest pack is pretty fun and for novice players. There are some other DLC maps that are very tough though, so if you are new to the game I wouldn't recommend them to you since you will get very frustrated with them
like a friend of mine who tried and tried but could never beat it

I already finished the game, I'm just doing a hard playthrough now because my first file was done in Normal but I can't get past chapter 5 without anyone dying ;__;

Kinsei

Banned
I'd rather buy Monster Hunter for my WiiU tbh and it sounds like a game that needs too much time to enjoy it and I don''t really want to put 300 hours in a game as summer is going to end and next semester is going to be more difficult than the last one.

I already have the other two

I already finished the game, I'm just doing a hard playthrough now because my first file was done in Normal but I can' get past chapter 5 without anyone dying ;__;

Hmm, there's a Link Between Worlds, but again that's not save anywhere.

Do you like fashion? Style Savvy Trendsetters is great.

It's hard to make recommendations because all of my favorite 3DS games are either A: Long as fuck, or B: don't let you save at any time.

RM8

You need Shovel Knight in your life. It's even being sold for cheaper in Mexico, I'm pretty sure that's a first. Game is superb :3

My GOTY candidates so far:
- Mario Kart 8
- Kero Blaster
- Shovel Knight
- Trials Fusion - it runs like crap on my PC so I have to play it on a friend's PS4 :(

daripad

It's hard to make recommendations because all of my favorite 3DS games are either A: Long as fuck, or B: don't let you save at any time.

Then stop making recommendations :p
j/k I really appreciate it

I was considering Zelda, it does look like it has fast travel and the game seems fast but I'm playing WWHD on WiiU and don't know if it will affect me :/

The fashion game doesn't appeal to me, I played both demos but it jjust didn't click with me and the concept is not for me.

You need Shovel Knight in your life. It's even being sold for cheaper in Mexico, I'm pretty sure that's a first. Game is superb :3

US account here lol But that's not retail :p
Looks like a good candidate, I love platformers

Guys, I'm so bored in this moment that I'll start a selfie war now that Dragon appeared behind me :p

Kater

Banned
Hmm, there's a Link Between Worlds, but again that's not save anywhere.

Do you like fashion? Style Savvy Trendsetters is great.

I still haven't bought Style Savvy Trendsetters. The demo was pretty good though.
Hope it goes on sale someday on the European eShop.

^You are stealing me the show... :(

Cute guy ;)

Caladrius

The best you can really hope for with most games is short levels/ high checkpoint density. I can't think of many games other than the others that have been listed that actually allow for free saving.

You mean the game that hasn't even got a release for where I live? :p

Ah.

At least it comes over soon. I still wonder how the hell the ball got dropped so badly.

daripad

Ok after checking the last few 3DS releases Kirby, Mario Golf and Tomodachi Life fit what I want. How much content is there on Kirby and Mario Golf?

Then stop making recommendations :p
j/k I really appreciate it

I was considering Zelda, it does look like it has fast travel and the game seems fast but I'm playing WWHD on WiiU and don't know if it will affect me :/

The fashion game doesn't appeal to me, I played both demos but it jjust didn't click with me and the concept is not for me.

US account here lol But that's not retail :p
Looks like a good candidate, I love platformers

Guys, I'm so bored in this moment that I'll start a selfie war now that Dragon appeared behind me :p
Shovel knight is amazing go get it eventually lol. I hate spending over 15 for a download i know it will go cheaper down the line but its so worth it so far. Also cute picture of you and your dog! :)

RM8

Mario Golf is superb and has more content than any other Mario Golf game to date. Plus the previous one was released on GBA! Please buy it so we don't have to wait another 10 years for a new one.

Kirby is cool too but rather... predictable. I loved it, but Mario Golf (which I bought simultaneously) completely stole the show.

Kater

Banned
Ok after checking the last few 3DS releases Kirby, Mario Golf and Tomodachi Life fit what I want. How much content is there on Kirby and Mario Golf?

Get Kirby first. It's a fantastic game and has a main quest with collectible items and two additional mini games. (Rhythm game and Smash Brothers clone)
Haven't played Mario Golf or Tomodachi Life though, so I can't say anything about them in terms of gameplay content.

daripad

Shovel knight is amazing go get it eventually lol. I hate spending over 15 for a download i know it will go cheaper down the line but its so worth it so far. Also cute picture of you and your dog! :)

I still have my bitter experience with Pushmo. Bought the game and month after that it went on sale. And then the game is like 50% cheaper than when I bought it now ;__; Same with the VC version of Zelda Link's Awakening which has been given for free on Club Nintendo. Decided to never buy a digital game after that. Will wait for a sale on Shovel Knight :/

Mario Golf is superb and has more content than any other Mario Golf game to date. Plus the previous one was released on GBA! Please buy it so we don't have to wait another 10 years for a new one.
Kirby is cool too but rather... predictable. I loved it, but Mario Golf (which I bought simultaneously) completely stole the show.

Dat buy begging. I loved Mario Golf Toadstool Tour but the tracks (?) didn't seem as crazy in this 3DS game. Does it have more content than Mario Tennis and a better online community? I'm still bitter that Mario Tennis died two weeks after I bought it.

Predictable as in it doesn't do anything new?
Get Kirby first. It's a fantastic game and has a main quest with collectible items and two additional mini games. (Rhythm game and Smash Brothers clone)
Haven't played Mario Golf or Tomodachi Life though, so I can't say anything about them in terms of gameplay content.

How longs is the main quest?

RM8

Does it have more content than Mario Tennis and a better online community? I'm still bitter that Mario Tennis died two weeks after I bought it.
Right now online is pretty active. And, lol, Mario Tennis had barely any content.

Yeah, too safe I think. It's enjoyable and really great looking, but I was hoping for a spin-off instead of a platformer, I guess.

Kater

Banned
I still have my bitter experience with Pushmo. Bought the game and month after that it went on sale. And then the game is like 50% cheaper than when I bought it now ;__; Same with the VC version of Zelda Link's Awakening which has been given for free on Club Nintendo. Decided to never buy a digital game after that. Will wait for a sale on Shovel Knight :/

Dat buy begging. I loved Mario Golf Toadstool Tour but the tracks (?) didn't seem as crazy in this 3DS game. Does it have more content than Mario Tennis and a better online community? I'm still bitter that Mario Tennis died two weeks after I bought it.

How longs is the main quest?

Around 7 hours for someone who is more experienced with 2D platformers. I think it took me around 10 hours but I haven't checked my log on my 3DS in a long time.

The previous Mario Golf is on Wii U now as a VC game too.

No, that was Mario Tennis: Power Tour.

The Gamecube one was Mario Power Tennis

I don't know why either.
It is labelled as Mario Power Tennis on the eShop, EU at least. I have checked and it is what the game was called in PAL regions.

I haven't played any of these games.

So you have pretty much all of them but never completed them? I only have 3 and it's really fun, I wanna buy 4 and D2 at some point.
Yeah, I bought the PSP versions of 1 and 2 for Vita at the same time but haven't gotten around to them, and I bought D2 as I thought it would be difficult to find if I waited until I finished the first.

Starting D1 now, I guess!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Oh Ratsky, you can't even make me hate u

<3

Well, Age of Empires II HD isn't on consoles.
Sadly

RTS games are icky.

I used to think like Ratsky, then I realized Europa Universalis is a good game.

Never heard of it.

Wouldn't trade it for all the marios and zerudas in the world.

I would.

Anyway, at the end of the day PC gets all the the ports. Technological convergence means the most versatile platform eventually gets everything, and this is speaking only of legal channels...

That...is not true at all.

Look at this cutie pie <3

~~ Squee ~~

Yeah, I bought the PSP versions of 1 and 2 for Vita at the same time but haven't gotten around to them, and I bought D2 as I thought it would be difficult to find if I waited until I finished the first.

Starting D1 now, I guess!
I played a little of D1 PSP but stopped at teh 10 hour mark because I was new to the genre and I had to return it to my friend.
I've played 3 & 4. I wasn't a huge fan of 3, but I love 4.
I really like 3, it's addicting and the special moves are great. Can't wait till I play 4, the graphical update looks amazing.
Yes.

They are fun games with fun characters, I hate the protagonist in 4 though.
Yup, they're just really fun. Why though, I'm really kind of "Eh" on Mao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom