• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Hope those people with those signs aren't in Vienna next year. :/

I don't know if that is even allowed in Europe. Don't know the laws on this.

Monocle

I want to counter those sign-waving clowns with a sign of my own: "Buttsex, try it sometime. I'll try Jesus if you try taking it in the butt."

Because apparently the concept of live and let live is foreign to some people. Anyway, I'm off to picket at some church. I'm feeling especially gay right now and everyone needs to know about it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Something about Jesus and love.

A direct quote if possible.

Sai-kun

Banned
Had a great evening of bar hopping and dancing Dany and a small crew :)

Are you not allowed to wear actual clothing at pride events or something? I dislike people strutting around in speedos and underwear.

Not wearing clothing is one of the best parts of celebratory days and festivals! You get to dress however you want ;) I almost went out in just my swimsuit and suspenders but there're no pockets :( RIP

ALSO I'm posting from bed with no hangover, but I am super hungry. Someone bring food.

Achtius

I saw boobs, ass and dicks yesterday. and shit tons of washboard abs. I wanted to wash my clothes on them right there and then.

Kater

Banned
If I ever went to pride, I'd dress as one of those christian protesters to parody them, I'd need witty signs though

jesusgaychristulk9u.jpg

Print that on a shirt and wear it the next time you are at a pride parade. :p

(No offense intended to any Christians)

Dany

Banned
I would say make a surprise visit, but it wouldn't be surprised if i posted it here. :p

...maybe :3
Still haven't really enjoyed Pride much during the four years I've gone, but this was the 40th anniversary for Seattle Pride so we went out of obligation, heh. George Takei was grand marshal, Cher and Cyndi Lauper had a big concert tonight, and we broke a world's record for largest ever drag show.

That's so rad.

That's just awful. :( what are you gonna do about it?

I am unsure, but I'll probably just do nothing. Ultimately, no matter how much I may wish to ask the husband if he's aware my uncle has a Grindr profile (with no nudes, sorry Ratsky) and is looking for 'right now', any action besides ignoring the situation entirely would ultimately blow-up in face. I do anything to intervene and I'll have to come out which would have negative effects, to say the least. Any anonymous messages to the husband are likely to be either dismissed as nonsense, or investigated further and traced back to my area. Confronting my uncle would require coming out to him and would give him more leverage (me being dependant upon my family while, if he is cheating and not in an open marriage, he would still have security even if it would mess with things relationship wise) than I would have and I'm still unsure if I agree with Yado's assessment about there not being a correlation between potential cheater and not being trustworthy. Finally, there's the fact that I only very rarely see him, and was never even told that he was married or gay, ensuring I've no strong ties with anybody involved. While I'd hate for somebody to be negatively impacted by cheating, particularly if there's health implications if he's careless, the 'somebody' in this instance is merely an abstract who I don't really know. As I've said, I'm probably just not going to do anything and just sit on the information (and he might be caught if he's cheating in the mean time). It was more of a shock seeing him on it last night than anything else. I mean, I know there are some people on it who cheat behind their spouses back using it, but I had never really anticipated seeing a relative on it possibly engaging in such behavior.

If I ever went to pride, I'd dress as one of those christian protesters to parody them, I'd need witty signs though

I fear Poe's Law would probably kick in. Half of the signs looks like parodies as it is.

GCX

Helsinki Pride was really nice last weekend. It's obviously not as huge as the ones in bigger cities but the atmosphere was happy and lovely. :p

xvF0Qyz.jpg

vJCeeki.jpg

o-i-love-gays-faceboo40so5.jpg

Hihi, good rebuttal!

I hope all the other hot gay guys are there as well. :3

Oh yeah, same! All Jesus Fanart is bollocks, anyway. He didn't look like how we normally view him.

I actually encountered some of these Christian protesters once, outside an abortion clinic. I simply laughed at them along with some friends, and the swears out of them... Ye Gods. They're even more foul-mouthed than I am~

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Helsinki Pride was really nice last weekend. It's obviously not as huge as the ones in bigger cities but the atmosphere was happy and lovely. :p

"Not as huge" -> Fabulous zerg rush
I almost went out in just my swimsuit and suspenders but there're no pockets :( RIP
This is the next big breakthrough in gay fashion. Thongs with cell phone pockets.

Kater

Banned
Oh yeah, same! All Jesus Fanart is bollocks, anyway. He didn't look like how we normally view him.

I actually encountered some of these Christian protesters once, outside an abortion clinic. I simply laughed at them along with some friends, and the swears out of them... Ye Gods. They're even more foul-mouthed than I am~

I am glad I never had to encounter such people, I'm way too sensitive to endure all this hateful language. I'm envious of the people who can stand up for themselves and not lose their nerves like me whenever someone drops the f-word. :/

I am glad I never had to encounter such people, I'm way too sensitive to endure all this hateful language. I'm envious of the people who can stand up for themselves and not lose their nerves like me whenever someone drops the f-word. :/

Oh, where I am, you pay swearing unto swearing. We didn't lose our cool or shit. We simply gave them what they had sown, or something like that, eheh. Mind, I personally only swear tons in response to actions or words.

Making useless, bald, complacent, middle-aged arrogant idiots choke a little bit is awfully fun, mind! It's easier and more fun with friends, though.

Kinsei

Banned

I'd rather lose my nerve than feel anger. If I heard some of the stuff I see online in real life I'd probably be under arrest on assault charges.

I'd rather lose my nerve than feel anger. If I heard some of the stuff I see online in real life I'd probably be under arrest on assault charges.
That's probably what they want you to do.
I'd just ignore them, their ignorant kind is quickly becoming a minority. At least that's what I hope so.

Kater

Banned
Oh, where I am, you pay swearing unto swearing. We didn't lose our cool or shit. We simply gave them what they had sown, or something like that, eheh. Mind, I personally only swear tons in response to actions or words.

Making useless, bald, complacent, middle-aged arrogant idiots choke a little bit is awfully fun, mind! It's easier and more fun with friends, though.

I'm just not really outspoken in the real world or anywhere on the net where there is not a good moderation team like on NeoGAF since I can't take the language that I could possibly get in response.

I'm just not really outspoken in the real world or anywhere on the net where there is not a good moderation team like on NeoGAF since I can't take the language that I could possibly get in response.

... Ehh, I'm somehow tamer, less outspoken and generally more meek on the internet than I am in real life. :p

Well, that's okay anyways. If I may... Are you the shy type, or the introverted type? Or both?

Kater

Banned
... Ehh, I'm somehow tamer, less outspoken and generally more meek on the internet than I am in real life. :p

Well, that's okay anyways. If I may... Are you the shy type, or the introverted type? Or both?

Probably both. More shy than introverted though, since I challenge racism/sexism against women a lot, if I find any. Homosexuality is a personal thing, so it's very hard for me to defend it, always fearing that the homophobic people would find out that I'm gay and then proceed to mob me/hurt me physically.

Probably both. More shy than introverted though, since I challenge racism/sexism against women a lot, if I find any. Homosexuality is a personal thing, so it's very hard for me to defend it, always fearing that the homophobic people would find out that I'm gay and then proceed to mob me/hurt me physically.

Hrgh, I know that feeling. I eschewed it long ago, mind. I'm utterly openly bisexual (perhaps a bit too much) in a place addled with homophobes/idiots. No pride parades here, I think. They'd take a back seat to the usual 'loyalist' shite that Protestants do over here, anyway.

Kater

Banned
Hrgh, I know that feeling. I eschewed it long ago, mind. I'm utterly openly bisexual (perhaps a bit too much) in a place addled with homophobes/idiots. No pride parades here, I think. They'd take a back seat to the usual 'loyalist' shite that Protestants do over here, anyway.

I really need to get better at defending myself, I'll always let people trample over me. :/
No pride parades where you live? Wow, so where do you live? Austria is a pretty much right-wing so-called liberals and conservative folk but even here it is possible to go to all kind of LGBT events.

The Paris Pride was pretty great too, even though it rained all day.

I wrote something about it in POPGaf thread, but I'm not gonna post it again here as that would be redundant.

Have you shot some photos of the pride parade as well?
Oh, and Polaroids are oldyschool. :p

I really need to get better at defending myself, I'll always let people trample over me. :/
No pride parades where you live? Wow, so where do you live? Austria is a pretty much right-wing so-called liberals and conservative folk but even here it is possible to go to all kind of LGBT events.

Oh, my mistake. Pride ain't on quite yet over here in glorious sunny NI! Although I expect an equal amount of anti-pride response. Tsk.

I'd go, but I lack the money for a bus fare, and I have been ill for ages. Also, I personally don't know any other LGBT people... ;-;

Grizzo

Have you shot some photos of the pride parade as well?
Oh, and Polaroids are oldyschool. :p

Unfortunately no, I only found time to buy a film in-between the Pride and the party! So I used most of them later that night.

I know nothing about those artists, but POLAROID! :D

Polaroid still rocks :D I owned several of them one since 2009, and I have a big box with at least 200 of them. This one is my fav, the pics look so cute:

fuji-mini7s-3.jpg

Kater

Banned
Oh, my mistake. Pride ain't on quite yet over here in glorious sunny NI! Although I expect an equal amount of anti-pride response. Tsk.

I'd go, but I lack the money for a bus fare, and I have been ill for ages. Also, I personally don't know any other LGBT people... ;-;

I do know quite a few but I lost contact to those people around a year ago when I lost my SIM card. So I'm in the same boat as you. Still, you could just attend to one of these events by yourself and meet new people there.

Unfortunately no, I only found time to buy a film in-between the Pride and the party! So I used most of them later that night.

Polaroid still rocks :D I owned several of them one since 2009, and I have a big box with at least 200 of them. This one is my fav, the pics look so cute:

fuji-mini7s-3.jpg
Ah, that's okay.
Maybe I can find some pictures on Google, since it was in Paris and was probably a pretty big thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom