• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of The Witcher, I didn't like the first game. Mostly because of the combat, but also because I found the main character very unattractive. Well if I'm being honest it was also that I couldn't identify with him at all. That might also be why I couldn't get into Uncharted despite it having a rather attractive male lead.

Kater

Banned
Two gay companions, you mean!
Both of whom are awesome!

Ah, yeah. That's what I meant.
There were LGBT characters even before NV in this series, Bethesda (and Black Isle/Obsidian) were always fairly inclusive.

---

Damn, I just searched around on the FNV nexus and found a lot of cool new mods. Now I wish I had the money for a new capable PC. ;_;

Hot :3

Doesn't Lanius constantly rape women? I've read that Ceaser is gay, but that is probably people reading too much into his interactions with Arcade.

No, Lanius (probably) does not do that horrible raping business that most legionnaires do. He's presumably a bit busy chopping heads off to do so. :c

And Caesar... MIGHT be gay, come to think about it. Although he actually liked Arcade because of the fact that he thinks differently to the rest of the Legion, but isn't a threat to him.

Kater

Banned
Doesn't Lanius constantly rape women? I've read that Ceaser is gay, but that is probably people reading too much into his interactions with Arcade.

Well, you can have still have sex with girls, even if you are gay. You may not enjoy it, but maybe that isn't Lanius intent? Maybe it's just to show that he's the "Alpha male" or something like that? Dunno... :/

Caladrius

For some reason I thought everyone was talking about Dragon Age.

Awkward.

-
My friend is talking about going on a romantic trip across Europe.

Im-so-jealous-Community-GIF.gif

HIV scares? +1 for team intercrural/frottage.

(I am unsure if frottage can pass HIV, but I'd imagine not unless you have open sores on your penis)

Nohar

How long after your last sexual experience should you wait to get tested? A week?

If you are talking about HIV: Before, it was 3 months. Now, new tests can give a pretty reliable answer after 1 month and a half (more or less 6 weeks).
Do the 1,5 month test, then the 3 months one to be sure.
If you had unprotected sex with someone you know has HIV, there exists a treatment which you have to take in the 48 hours following your sexual encounter which decreases the risks of getting infected.

For other diseases, it varies. The best thing to do would be to meet your doctor.

Kater

Banned
Some person on twitter called KoopaTV (a nobody, has very few followers) just randomly tweeted me this here.
https://twitter.com/TheREALKoopaTV/status/485562814162292736
Got really mad at him after reading the actual article he linked me to since it was really just talking about how the gay mafia wants to have gaming for itself. What a douche. (I'm so angry right now)

http://koopatv.blogspot.co.at/2014/05/the-homodachi-tale-glaad-vs-nintendo.html
Here's the article.

That damn moron. Fuck.

/rant

Kinsei

Banned
Some person on twitter called KoopaTV (a nobody, has very few followers) just randomly tweeted me this here.
https://twitter.com/TheREALKoopaTV/status/485562814162292736
Got really mad at him after reading the actual article he linked me to since it was really just talking about how the gay mafia wants to have gaming for itself. What a douche. (I'm so angry right now)

http://koopatv.blogspot.co.at/2014/05/the-homodachi-tale-glaad-vs-nintendo.html
Here's the article.

That damn moron. Fuck.

/rant

I remember one of his "articles" being linked in a Tomodachi Life thread, most people, myself included thought it was a parody. Evidently it's not.

daripad

How long after your last sexual experience should you wait to get tested? A week?

Test yourself right now just to see if you didn't have HIV before the last time you had sex (if HIV is your only concern). If you didn't have the virus then test 3 months later but now it will reveal the results of the last time you ha sex as of today.

Kater

Banned
I remember one of his "articles" being linked in a Tomodachi Life thread, most people, myself included thought it was a parody. Evidently it's not.

It really isn't.
I wonder why exactly that person tweeted me that article. Did he/she want to offend me? It seems like it since it was a reply to my tweet about how I am glad that that one bigot got banned in the DAI "controversy" thread for comparing homosexuality to eating shit.

I really need a drink now. Stupid twitter person. -.-

Bladenic

I mean, the guy said he was completely clean, but I ain't taking chances. I don't know if he has HIV, I was more thinking of other less grave (but still serious) things.

It really isn't.
I wonder why exactly that person tweeted me that article. Did he/she want to offend me? It seems like it since it was a reply to my tweet about how I am glad that that one bigot got banned in the DAI "controversy" thread for comparing homosexuality to eating shit.

I really need a drink now. Stupid twitter person. -.-

That was an actual post on GAF? Link pls.... pls

Vitanimus

So, rant time about something probably really dumb

BASICALLY last week my friend who is bi was telling me and my recently gay friend about her fears about being a with a girl for the first time and stuff, because she went to visit her in Edinburgh and stay over today. We assured her from experience that it would be fine and natural and shit

Then on Thursday, my friend who lives in Australia and also enjoys vagina came back and we all went to town etc etc and they were basically all over each other all night... Even though they're sorta seeing other people, I guess?

I can't help but feel a bit mad at them both because they were practically finger banging each other in front of us and making really cringey plans about how they're gonna spend time together and stuff... Even though my Australian friend only found out about my friends bisexuality that day? They made the night really awkward and they both knew of each other seeing other people but did it anyway?

I don't get why I'm even annoyed I sound so bitter lol

HHope everyone had a nice 4th July!

RM8

I'm so motivated to improve my English in the following months :3 One day your nightmare-inducing vowel system and intermittently silent consonants will be second nature to me, I promise!

I'm so motivated to improve my English in the following months :3 One day your nightmare-inducing vowel system and intermittently silent consonants will be second nature to me, I promise!

The only time I realize English isn't your first language is when you bring it up. You at least have writing down 100%! I'm sure you probably speak it way better than you think you do.

I'm curious, what makes our vowel system so nightmarish to you? And what's your native language?

Dead Man

It is one of the stupidest languages imaginable in terms of spelling. Hell, the only saving grace is non gendered nouns.

Yes. As the save file gets bigger, performance falls off a cliff from memory. PC is really the only platform that isn't a bugfest, and that's only because of fan made mods.
Sounds like a trainwreck, a shame because i really wanted to play a Fallout game or even Skyrim but I read that the performance is shit on PS3.

Dead Man

Sounds like a trainwreck, a shame because i really wanted to play a Fallout game or even Skyrim but I read that the performance is shit on PS3.

Fallout 3 I first played on PS3, it was fine until the DLC showed up except for random lock ups. Since then I've been PC for all of Beths games. The required specs are pretty moderate for NV I think, most PC's should be able to run it if you have one.

The solution is quite simple.

Don't buy Sony consoles.

Pfft.

The solution is quite simple.

Don't buy Sony consoles.
Yeah.. no because then I wouldn't get to play Persona 5 :(
Fallout 3 I first played on PS3, it was fine until the DLC showed up except for random lock ups. Since then I've been PC for all of Beths games. The required specs are pretty moderate for NV I think, most PC's should be able to run it if you have one.

Pfft.
Nah, my PC can't run anything.

Kater

Banned
If there is any Fallout game that you should play it's either Fallout 2 or Fallout New Vegas. Fallout 3 has a lot of technical issues plus also a boring, predictable main story and Fallout 1 runs horribly on newer PCs.

So by that, my ranking would be Fallout NV = Fallout 2 > Fallout 1 >Fallout 3

Dead Man

If there is any Fallout game that you should play it's either Fallout 2 or Fallout New Vegas. Fallout 3 has a lot of technical issues plus also a boring, predictable main story and Fallout 1 runs horribly on newer PCs.

Again, Pfft.

3 was more fun to me than Vegas. 2 is better than 1, but I like 1 better.

RM8

The only time I realize English isn't your first language is when you bring it up. You at least have writing down 100%! I'm sure you probably speak it way better than you think you do.

I'm curious, what makes our vowel system so nightmarish to you? And what's your native language?
That's pretty flattering and encouraging :3 Thanks a lot!

Vowels - we have 5 vowel sounds in Spanish. They always sound the same, they don't glide, they're pronounced the same everywhere in the world, etc. - when you start learning English and realize that laugh doesn't sound like... say, taught, you really don't know what's going anymore, lol. Then you eventually get an okay grip on English vowels, only to encounter an Australian accent. I'm convinced it's one of the most challenging aspects of English! This is not something you have to experience while learning Spanish or Japanese (obviously those have their own challenges, like our bitchy overly-complicated Spanish verbs). I'd benefit a lot from visiting an English speaking country, really :(

It is one of the stupidest languages imaginable in terms of spelling. Hell, the only saving grace is non gendered nouns.
Gendered nouns do change between regions, lol. Example: el PlayStation (Mexico), la PlayStation (Spain).

BTW here's me reciting a beautiful poem in case anyone wants to rate my Sofía Vergara-ness :p

Caladrius

What kind of masochist buys console Bethesda games?

(obviously those have their own challenges, like our bitchy overly-complicated Spanish verbs). I'd benefit a lot from visiting an English speaking country, really :(

I think the verb system isn't too bad. Tenses are a pain in the ass to memorize but the conjugation itself is fairly intuitive.

On that subject I need to start reviewing my Spanish, I haven't taken courses in nearly 4 years. After I feel I have a firm grasp on Spanish again maybe I'll learn Greek (my extended family's mother tongue) or Japanese.

Of course I'm getting ahead of myself.

That's pretty flattering and encouraging :3 Thanks a lot!

Vowels - we have 5 vowel sounds in Spanish. They always sound the same, they don't glide, they're pronounced the same everywhere in the world, etc. - when you start learning English and realize that laugh doesn't sound like... say, taught, you really don't know what's going anymore, lol. Then you eventually get an okay grip on English vowels, only to encounter an Australian accent. I'm convinced it's one of the most challenging aspects of English! This is not something you have to experience while learning Spanish or Japanese (obviously those have their own challenges, like our bitchy overly-complicated Spanish verbs). I'd benefit a lot from visiting an English speaking country, really :(

Yeah. The main benefit of Japanese is that if you can spell something you can pronounce it. And if you can pronounce it you can (almost always) spell it. English spelling is a mess, so you can't always infer pronunciation from spelling. That's when consuming English media comes into play! Though I'm sure you've been doing that often.

It is trial and error. I'm a native english speaker and never heard the word "queue" spoken. I thought it was pronounced like "kweh" but it is pronounced like the letter Q. Got laughed at. :(

I will say that (in my experience) English speakers are extremely forgiving when it comes to foreigners' accents.

BTW here's me reciting a beautiful poem in case anyone wants to rate my Sofía Vergara-ness :p

Not bad honestly. I mean it is definitely accented and you can tell from listening that Spanish is your native language, but I don't think any native speaker of English would have trouble understanding you. I find it very easy to make out all the words you are saying.

Plus we have a ton of Spanish speakers in the US, and such an accent is very very common in certain parts of the US.

c0TM8m6.jpg

Ridiculing people who have only encountered a word in writing, or learned it from someone who mispronounced it or something is crappy. Both Year 12 English teachers at my high school taught us the 'bad' pronunciation of 'hyperbole' for example. And it was a word used often in the context of persuasive writing techniques.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom