• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delio

Mmhmm. He's honestly a mess and doesnt say sorry for anything he has said. I remember seeing another youtuber who basically called him out and told him that now that he is looked at by so many people he should watch what he does and act better.

There is a large segment of females that hate him tho based on his recommendations of how a female should look and if they dont look that way they are ugly.

Mmhmm. He's honestly a mess and doesnt say sorry for anything he has said. I remember seeing another youtuber who basically called him out and told him that now that he is looked at by so many people he should watch what he does and act better.

There is a large segment of females that hate him tho based on his recommendations of how a female should look and if they dont look that way they are ugly.

Haha, this kid is a mess. Stuff like that is bound to haunt him later in life when he looks for serious employment.

BTW here's me reciting a beautiful poem in case anyone wants to rate my Sofía Vergara-ness :p

Lol this is awesome, I love that post and you sound fine, really good tbh. There are some pronunciation things that could be ironed through but not many. You were clear and you went through everything with little to no stumbling. You should feel good. Dont feel discouraged to go into english,the more you do the more you'll improve also.

So who else is next to post their voice on here? lol

Edit: regarding the dude in that vine is exactly why i dont like to put "internet celebs" people on a pedestal that people put them on. Someone might make a funny vid, but they're some other sort of way outside of it. Well much like lots of celebs in general tbh

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member
Just wanted to chime in a bit on this language stuff. Oh and by the way, I don't post much at all around these parts since I usually prefer to read or if I do want to add something to a particular topic I find, most often than not I encounter another poster that has described or added something in a much better way than I could ever have. So if you don't know who the hell am I, that's the reason why, that's what I'm trying to say... I think.

Anyways, as a fellow native Spanish speaker I can say that RM's pronunciation is fine, since I can understand you clearly, obviously with more practice one can keep ironing out those little details that bother us so much. In my case as well, I too have an accent when I speak English, but I know by talking more frequently I can fix those issues (they're not really problems I guess) but since I'm a very self-conscious and sort of a perfectionist guy I get bothered by these sort of details with myself.

And since I am in this thread, before you ask. Yeah I'm gay, Mexican and indeed living in Mexico, haha. I really don't have anything else to say, so I guess I just wanted to say hi? So...

Hi! :p

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member
More mexicans here, perfect :)

I'm gay and mexican too btw.

Bienvenido, no te preocupes si sientes que no tienes algo que aportar o si lo que dices será redundante, nadie te va a criticar aquí.
Unless you are an asshole :p

Haha thanks, but yeah I usually don't post. I don't know why, I guess I just enjoy more the reading part of the forums. I'm like that in every forum I've ever been a member of. And nah, I'm not an asshole. I'm shy and sarcastic usually, but not a bad guy.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Speaking of the Witcher, I'm reading "the Last Wish" collection of short stories that involve Geralt/"The Witcher" before starting the PC RPG series. It's been pretty decent so far. I just read a short story involving a vampire preying on a man she loved. He loved her back, but was saved by Geralt. Pretty cool.

Anyone else read it? Is there anything in the RPG series
besides the opening for the first being the first short story?
tied to this?

Caladrius

I always use literal language in regular conversation because people have trouble parsing what I'm trying to say to begin with. On the intertubes I use it sometimes, but it usually backfires.

RM8

Honestly as hard as some bits of English can be, I think it is probably extremely easy to learn. Or at least it is easy to learn to write in English. I've come across so many people online who I never would guess weren't native speakers, and a ton of them learned English just by reading comics, playing games, watching English TV shows/movies.

Like I've watched tons of anime but I didn't end up with the level of Japanese proficiency that a ton of people seem to get in English just by consuming English media.
Structure-wise English is pretty simple, yup. Or too similar to Spanish, or both :p
Example: En cuanto a estructura el inglés es muy simple, sí. O muy similar al español, o ambos :p

With some minor structure changes, it's mostly about replacing words. Hardly like learning the three East Asian languages of doom, or Arabic.

How well can you understand this Rm88?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmL72sgVdAQ
...Not very well, lol.

Ahasverus

You know why I like english? It's a non-bullshit language, there isn't manyways to disguise your intentions with it. Words are also super short which is a plus for songs and poems.

I'm applying for my (tourism) American Visa tomorrow, I'm scared :( I saved more than a year for it, it would devastate me if it's denied. Pray for me you guys.

You know why I like english? It's a non-bullshit language, there isn't manyways to disguise your intentions with it. Words are also super short which is a plus for songs and poems.

I'm applying for my (tourism) American Visa tomorrow, I'm scared :( I saved more than a year for it, it would devastate me if it's denied. Pray for me you guys.

Eh, doublespeak and weasel words exist in English.

God yes. Sorry Americans, but you guys suck at non US accents :) I've lived there on and off for years at a time and still at the end of each stay lots of people had trouble understanding what I was saying. Got kind of frustrating at times.

Edit: What was most frustrating was those people like my grandmother who insisted she had no accent, and everyone else was the problem :/

It really seems to be true and i think its part of our culture of assimilation and rejection of people systematically who do not assimilate especially through language.
My family is from jamaica and i think that has made it very easy for me to understand accents pretty well because i've been so exposed to a very specific dialect of creole english, as well as a neighborhood where people speak creole french, spanish and all different lexicons of languages.

I've been in public where i have to repeat things to people who dont understand and what sucks is that people here also dont seem to want to even try to make effort to understand

My lack of experience with other languages is showing. :(

Damn that sucks. And that's the opposite of my experience, though maybe I'm a rarity in that I try my best to understand?

Nah i dont really think so exactly. I know a lot of people if exposed to a lot of different accents and people they tend to understand better and try to more than others here. And i wouldn't say people making little effort to understand is them being rude or anything but basic words that context clues should make sense for them. ( as a basic example 3 in Jamaica is said like "tree" and some people would be like what? If they said " i need 3 __" one would think ok not tree three. makes sense, but some people are still very lost with accents that would fly over their heads

I think it depends on the area too, maybe the people where i live just suck Lol.

Demain

Hi! Thought I'd say hello after lurking for a bit.

Anthony, 23 and gay from Northern Ireland. :)

I'm a bit inexperienced at the whole forum thing as I haven't used one properly for a few years, so sorry if there's any protocol for introducing yourself.

So hello all you fabulous people.

alvmew

I'm a bit inexperienced at the whole forum thing as I haven't used one properly for a few years, so sorry if there's any protocol for introducing yourself.

Welcome to the thread! :)

I'll just get this out of the way on behalf of everyone here with the #thirst, but the proper protocol for introduction in this thread is a naked selfie.

Caladrius

I need a hair cut soon.

I think I'm going to go for something different that's low-maintenance.

Welcome!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Welcome!

daripad

Welcome! This is a good thread for thirst, please feed us

Haaay guuuurl!
;)

Welcome! ^_^ And nah, don't even worry about that stuff. I mean, I just randomly decided to start posting in here myself one day, no introduction or anything--it's no big deal. ;)

Kinsei

Banned

Hiya! No need to introduce yourself, just jump in to any conversation whenever you want.

... Hello, fellow Northern Irelandist...!
Small world, eh?

I'm an emotional wreck at the moment
for a change
. Same shit as always. Doesn't help that my birthday is coming up this Friday. I'm on my way to Miami for work, will be there for about a week so I'll "celebrate" it there.

It'll be my first time there but I doubt I'll have much free time to do anything else than work.

Well after yesterday of doing nothing but vomiting and feeling sick, starting to feel better.

edit: Victor that's just a day after mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom