• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

Today is my 1 year anniversary. First one of those I've ever had, feels nice.

Yay congrats!

Congrats man. The 1 year anniversary was the only one we celebrated. The next celebration will probably be at the 5 year mark.

If I'm not mistaken, you were the poster who was wanting to turn your relationship open, or at least have some more sexual experiences and partners due to your boyfriend having many more than you, am I right? How did that turn out? Have you gotten over that feeling or not?

joe-manganiello-768.jpg
fpB4oLk.gif

"Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.... "

Congrats DannyM and Mr.F :)

Hi! Thought I'd say hello after lurking for a bit.

Anthony, 23 and gay from Northern Ireland. :)

I'm a bit inexperienced at the whole forum thing as I haven't used one properly for a few years, so sorry if there's any protocol for introducing yourself.

So hello all you fabulous people.
Welcome! Enjoy yourself here!

Casanova

I've been consumed by tumblr and have been neglecting you, GAF. :(

I'm also starting an LGBT group at my local community college and I'm going to start preparing now before the fall semester. Any ideas? This is brand new to the school, and isn't exactly common in the area, considering I am in the bible belt.

Oh, here's a pic:

kkwM5y1l.jpg

Kater

Banned
El doctor lmao I'll never get over it
I still don't get it.
Link to tweet, pls
via PM

I've been consumed by tumblr and have been neglecting you, GAF. :(

I'm also starting an LGBT group at my local community college and I'm going to start preparing now before the fall semester. Any ideas? This is brand new to the school, and isn't exactly common in the area, considering I am in the bible belt.

Oh, here's a pic:

kkwM5y1l.jpg

Ginger beard? Yay! :3

The twitter drama continues...

https://twitter.com/the_dudes_rug/status/486262799073824769

bigot-110034687081_xl3fsvh.png

-.-

I'm too tired for that shit

Just block them. Seriously. The only reason people resort to the "it is natural" defense is because people incorrectly argue it is unnatural. The when you prove it is natural they go "well we are better than animals and animals do all sorts of bad shit". In short they are looking to justify their hate after the fact. Evidence doesn't matter to them.

Kater

Banned
Just block them. Seriously. The only reason people resort to the "it is natural" defense is because people incorrectly argue it is unnatural. The when you prove it is natural they go "well we are better than animals and animals do all sorts of bad shit". In short they are looking to justify their hate after the fact. Evidence doesn't matter to them.
Trying to ignore them just makes me even more uncomfortable inside though. And the problem is, bigots are everywhere, even if I block them on twitter or facebook, I still have to face those people in the world face to face daily at work, in public transport, in the super market, on social events or when going to bars.

RM8

You need to realize bigots will always exist. If you weren't gay, people would still hate you because of your race, beliefs, or whatever stupid reason. This is not something you should let get to you, really.

Caladrius

I'm in a metrosexual-munching mood today.

You need to realize bigots will always exist. If you weren't gay, people would still hate you because of your race, beliefs, or whatever stupid reason. This is not something you should let get to you, really.

Indeed.

People are slaves to their preconceptions, and unless something rocks them to the core they'll be happy to follow them and never give it a second thought.

Trying to ignore them just makes me even more uncomfortable inside though. And the problem is, bigots are everywhere, even if I block them on twitter or facebook, I still have to face those people in the world face to face daily at work, in public transport, in the super market, on social events or when going to bars.

It is the internet. You're presumably here to have a good time. Just block them. You aren't going to change their minds, and the dominoes are falling too quickly to reverse the increasing acceptance of gays and gay marriage.

that sucks :(

what's wrong?
Too much, that's the problem.

I'm usually the one who has no problem dealing with life's issues, but I'm finding it really hard right now. There's a huge ball of tension right between my shoulder blades, and it feels like it's crushing me. It doesn't matter though, I need to stop pitying myself.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Still not feeling 100% but better than yesterday.

That's good. Just sip some ginger ale and crawl under a blanket for a while. :)

I'm usually the one who has no problem dealing with life's issues, but I'm finding it really hard right now. There's a huge ball of tension right between my shoulder blades, and it feels like it's crushing me. It doesn't matter though, I need to stop pitying myself.

I'm sorry to hear that. If there's anything I can do, just let me know! <3

For what it's worth, you can't really will yourself to stop pitying yourself, it just adds more fuel to the fire. If your frustration is more the passing kind, I'd maybe recommend some kind of diversion instead.

Bladenic

This is totally like a very straightforward, but if you can afford it, why not get a massage? I'm sure your problems are most likely not physical, but the stress is clearly causing you physical discomfort. Releasing the physical discomfort can do wonders for your mind, however temporary the relief may be.

This is totally like a very straightforward, but if you can afford it, why not get a massage? I'm sure your problems are most likely not physical, but the stress is clearly causing you physical discomfort. Releasing the physical discomfort can do wonders for your mind, however temporary the relief may be.
I do like getting massages, but I have a large amount of scarring over parts of my upper body due to genetics, so I'm self conscious about it. (Plus, I've become a lazy piece of trash that can't be motivated to work out anymore.)

I really shouldn't of said anything. My problems are so lame compared to people dealing with real stuff. I'm very lucky to have the life I have, and I need to just suck it up and deal with the stuff that's wrong myself.

I do like getting massages, but I have a large amount of scarring over parts of my upper body due to genetics, so I'm self conscious about it. (Plus, I've become a lazy piece of trash that can't be motivated to work out anymore.)

I really shouldn't of said anything. My problems are so lame compared to people dealing with real stuff. I'm very lucky to have the life I have, and I need to just suck it up and deal with the stuff that's wrong myself.

If you're unhappy that isn't a miniscule problem, try to be more compassionate with yourself.

If you're unhappy that isn't a miniscule problem, try to be more compassionate with yourself.
A lot of the solutions are staring me in the face though. I just have to actually do something about them.

I've lost a lot of motivation, and instead just sit around feeling sorry for myself, wishing some magical fix will just appear. My biggest problem is myself.

Ties

Banned

It's poor to compare your problems to other people's imo. Just because someone else may be undergoing something that is more problematic, that doesn't diminish the effect that your own personal problems might have on you.

If you're unhappy with yourself then you should take the initiative to fix it. I suffer from some major self esteem issues as well, I have this HUGE birthmark on the lower part of my back that makes me feel uncomfortable to the point where I would never want to partake in any activity that would allow people to see it, so I know what you're talking about. I've recently got into working out as well because I was generally unhappy with how I felt; it's all about shifting your perspective so you can allow yourself to be happy again.

A lot of the solutions are staring me in the face though. I just have to actually do something about them.

I've lost a lot of motivation, and instead just sit around feeling sorry for myself, wishing some magical fix will just appear. My biggest problem is myself.

Mind over matter doesn't work. I don't think it's helpful to regard a lack of motivation as a moral failing, it's a lot more complex than that. We can't just make ourselves more energetic or ambitious than we are right now. Pushing yourself in small, consistent ways would likely help to develop a momentum, but patience is probably more helpful overall.

It's poor to compare your problems to other people's imo. Just because someone else may be undergoing something that is more problematic, that doesn't diminish the effect that your own personal problems might have on you.

If you're unhappy with yourself then you should take the initiative to fix it. I suffer from some major self esteem issues as well, I have this HUGE birthmark on the lower part of my back that makes me feel uncomfortable to the point where I would never want to partake in any activity that would allow people to see it, so I know what you're talking about. I've recently got into working out as well because I was generally unhappy with how I felt; it's all about shifting your perspective so you can allow yourself to be happy again.

Mind over matter doesn't work. I don't think it's helpful to regard a lack of motivation as a moral failing, it's a lot more complex than that. We can't just make ourselves more energetic or ambitious than we are right now. Pushing yourself in small, consistent ways would likely help to develop a momentum, but patience is probably more helpful overall.
This is some great advice. I appreciate it.

What it boils down to though is that I need to be able to fix my own problems. Worrying about them doesn't help anyone, especially me. I need to get my act together.

sphinx

the piano man
so... I went to my first "big" gaypride event, Madrid celebrated gaypride which lasted 5 days with an opening on Wednesday and a final event on sunday evening.

has anyon here attended an event like this anywhere else? how did it go in your place?

here it was intense, I've never seen that many gay guys in one place, it was in the thousands or more. it is definitely not the place to hook up "nicely" if you know what I mean, you either go with your group of friends (which I didn't) and avoid eye contact with every guy or fuck within 30 minutes with whoever makes eye contact and smiles to you. I wanted to go for a beer and just hang out in the streets of madrid, nobody wanted that so I was on my own, I remained sexless throughout the week but I enjoyed it still.

I've been hitting the gym for a while so I thought I'd look decent around anyone, lol I got a huuuuge reality check, everybody looked like chris evans, those handsome spanish mofos, they are perfect.

gay dating app when absolutely crazy...lol

on one night, some guy wrote to me over growlr, we seemed to be just some meters away from each other, a blond musclebear, husband material for me at least on paper. he said he was on his own like me and he said he'd come to where I am, that I shouldn't move... he never appeared and never wrote again on the app... I assumed he saw me from afar and said "nope". Even so, wouldn't common sense make you write a line like "hey sorry, I changed my mind, have fun"??? I would've been perfectly ok with that. I thought about writing something like "you are an asshole" but I guess it's not worth it.

anyway... whatever, it's a flesh market there, people don't give a shit about other people. Courtesy goes out the window. lesson learned,

Kater

Banned
This is where you should stop:

There's really no point in discussing anything with someone who doesn't know (or denies) that humans are just a species in animal kingdoms.

Nah, that was someone who I know joking with the bigoted guy. The only bigoted douche here is the douche rug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom