• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I squandered my childhood and teenage years by having no friends with common interests. Not that I really had a say. Fuck suburbs. And fuck small private schools.

My college life isn't even great either. Small private university I didn't even want to go to.

I feel like I squandered my childhood and teenage years by having no friends with common interests. Not that I really had a say. Fuck suburbs. And fuck small private schools.

I'm currently in the process of squandering my teenage years, having successfully squandered my childhood. I blame my inability to blend in to large public schools in a village. Oh well. Never mind. Look to the future, matey. That's the best call~

Ties

Banned
as a teenager, a lot of people just want to go out and get drunk

not here for that shit so i just stay in my house the entire summer

not that i don't have any friends mind you, but they prefer keeping to themselves as well so i simply just take it online for my social interactions

Grakl

My college life isn't even great either. Small private university I didn't even want to go to.
where you at?

where you at?

Emory. Has next to no one interested in tabletop RPGs and the like, and those that are don't understand game balance and make DnD (the only system people here are willing to play) even more unbalanced then it usually is. There is an esports club but I don't care about Starcraft or LoL. No LARP events either which I think I would have an interest in. Not even a secular students club.

edit: Meh. I can't change the past. I'm bitter about it though. I really can only hope that I can make friends as an adult, but not too confident about that.

Been getting a few woofs from Brazilian people on scruff which is weird because I'm in Miami :p

Also I've been crunching for the last few days and probably will for the rest of the week.

Emory. Has next to no one interested in tabletop RPGs and the like, and those that are don't understand game balance and make DnD (the only system people here are willing to play) even more unbalanced then it usually is.

Oh, a fellow tabletop fan.

What edition of Dungeons and Dragons do you like?

Oh, a fellow tabletop fan.

What edition of Dungeons and Dragons do you like?

None of them particularly. I find 3e to be very unbalanced, and many DMs add dumb rules like critical fumbles for melee classes that only widens the gap. 4e has really slow combat. Didn't much care for it.

Actually I tell a lie. I like regulated DnD 3.5e. Where people who want to play a spellcaster only have access to the limited casters (Warmage, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Factotum) and melee characters are from the Tome of Battle. Very fun. Very balanced. And can be made very difficult since everyone can pull their weight equally in most situations.

And yes I'm very opinionated about it.

I also like Fate Core. In theory. I tried to run a game of it and the players were dicks though. Asked me to do Sci-Fi and then wanted me to do hard Sci-Fi on the spot with realistic distances, object weights, ship sizes, colony sizes, etc... And I specifically asked them what they wanted to do and they said they wanted to join a resistance movement and fight alien slavers. Then when the game started immediately refused to join the resistance force.

There's also some system that uses a Jenga tower and every game is a mini horror story. You have to pull Jenga blocks for threatening actions (attacking a vampire, trying to stop a ritual) etc... and if the tower falls you die. Super fucking fun stuff.

None of them particularly. I find 3e to be very unbalanced, and many DMs add dumb rules like critical fumbles for melee classes that only widens the gap. 4e has really slow combat. Didn't much care for it.

Actually I tell a lie. I like regulated DnD 3.5e. Where people who want to play a spellcaster only have access to the limited casters (Warmage, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Factotum) and melee characters are from the Tome of Battle. Very fun. Very balanced. And can be made very difficult since everyone can pull their weight equally in most situations.

And yes I'm very opinionated about it.

I also like Fate Core. In theory. I tried to run a game of it and the players were dicks though. Asked me to do Sci-Fi and then wanted me to do hard Sci-Fi on the spot with realistic distances, object weights, ship sizes, colony sizes, etc... And I specifically asked them what they wanted to do and they said they wanted to join a resistance movement and fight alien slavers. Then when the game started immediately refused to join the resistance force.

There's also some system that uses a Jenga tower and every game is a mini horror story. You have to pull Jenga blocks for threatening actions (attacking a vampire, trying to stop a ritual) etc... and if the tower falls you die. Super fucking fun stuff.

Yea, they do sound like awful players. It can be really hard to find a good gaming group.

Have you tried 13th Age? It's like a FATEyer version of DnD.

Yea, they do sound like awful players. It can be really hard to find a good gaming group.

Have you tried 13th Age? It's like a FATEyer version of DnD.

Nope! And I've bought quite a few physical FATE books so I really want to play it. :(

I'm just not a great GM. And admittedly I'm not the best of players either. But I think that's mostly lack of experience.

So many weird survey threads about sexuality lately.

While I don't want to comment on any threads in particular, I generally quite like them when they appear in isolation given that they provide an opportunity to perhaps combat some homophobic/bigoted views (conscious or subconciously) and encourage people to meditate upon what they believe, I will admit that the rather high incidence of LGBT threads in the two primary forums recently has made me somewhat hesitant to engage and somewhat disappointed by some of the more extreme opinions possessed in such threads. It is something that I really fear as Ireland approaches the same-sex marriage referendum in the upcoming Spring, primarily because detractors are likely to surface in such a high quantity, particularly hidden under the thin veil of 'freedom of speech', 'religious beliefs', or 'conscientious objection' it will be difficult to make much of an impact on a personal level (more reason to campaign I suppose), while also revealling a disappointing (even if small) number of individuals with little interest in any proper 'debate' (even if that's admittedly rather impossible, given that there are no real founded reasons I can think of against the legalisation), who are happy to stick to their personal beliefs and prejudice regardless of what's shown to the contrary. I particularly fear an uproar over the use of the word 'homophobic' and how it isn't 'fair' to label somebody who opposes same-sex marriage as 'homophobic' because 'that's just their traditional beliefs'.

so LGBTQgaf, what's your party trick? Mine is
I have stretchy skin

I can say the alphabet backwards. I can do Sudoku puzzles quite quickly. I can get really drunk very quickly, blackout, and wake up the next morning questioning what stupid things I did/said.

Oh actually I got a job as a waiter recently in a hotel for banquets (weddings primarily) for summer and I'm loving it so far. It's quite a dynamic and engaging environment and while I've only finished a single night, and am called only when needed, my colleagues are nice (one of the head waiters is a homophobe which is annoying, the kitchen staff are unnecessarily mean to all of their colleagues outside the kitchen, my boss [the department head] is gay [good so at least if the head waiter becomes an issue I can go to him], and I know two of the other waiters from school which I'm very pleased about), and it's generally pretty simple even if the area is labyrinthian in how many tiny corridors there are. I am absolutely terrible for carrying plates though. I am not particularly confident carrying three at once as they want (as my arms get tired quickly and my hands aren't big enough to support the entire plate) but overall I really like it which is pretty good, even if it is most likely very temporary.

Kater

Banned
Yeah, he looks like a kid lol.

Yeah.

thomasbroadiesangster0bslz.jpg

Eternal teenager. :>

so LGBTQgaf, what's your party trick? Mine is
I have stretchy skin

Besides being drunk as what have you and having a big mouth, nothing.

post-46716-Tyrion-Lannister-pouring-wine-q1U8.gif

Kater

Banned
He's almost exactly one year older than me *_* He's fucking adorable and I wanna tie him down to my bed and pull his hair.

He's 24 now.

welp wha

I still don't believe it. But then again, I got told that I look like 16 a few days ago. Age doesn't have the same effect on everyone. :/

My trick is mesmerising everyone with my handsomeness.

No lol... I am pretty flexible so I can put my legs behind my head and stuff like that.

Pics please...
nude pics, I mean.

Caladrius

Within a week of being here my sister has decided to return to New England.

Oh god I'm stuck alone with my parents without any friends again.

I need my driver's license yesterday.

No lol... I am pretty flexible so I can put my legs behind my head and stuff like that.

Need visual confirmation.

For science, of course.

We haven't had a selfie war in a while, might as well start a new one to quench our thirst.

This really hot GAFer stopped posting in the FaceGAF thread. I got so thirsty that now I don't even feel thirsty. Like when you get so hungry that you stop feeling hungry for awhile.

Kater

Banned
We haven't had a selfie war in a while, might as well start a new one to quench our thirst.
I posted a selfie one page back already though.
But there is really a significant lack of selfies in this thread here in the last time.

Edit:

Said selfie (with shit hair since I just woke up).

Rayis

This really hot GAFer stopped posting in the FaceGAF thread. I got so thirsty that now I don't even feel thirsty. Like when you get so hungry that you stop feeling hungry for awhile.

My interest is piqued as to who this GAFer is, he must be quite attractive for him to give you that reaction.

I posted a selfie one page back already though.
But there is really a significant lack of selfies in this thread here in the last time.

Edit:

Said selfie (with shit hair since I just woke up).

d'aww, how cute, also bed hair is best hair imo

rules of this selfie war is that I don't get to participate unfortunately because only attractive people get to participate (basically everyone on GayGAF 'cept me)

Went into the city today and I only have one thing to say.
NYC has some amazingly hot dudes there. I mean seriously.
Even on the train ride there was awesome.
None of them were particularly interested in talking to me though. :/

Grakl

Went into the city today and I only have one thing to say.
NYC has some amazingly hot dudes there. I mean seriously.
Even on the train ride there was awesome.
None of them were particularly interested in talking to me though. :/

just dont go in to uniqlo, the gay cheap clothes haven

Kater

Banned
My interest is piqued as to who this GAFer is, he must be quite attractive for him to give you that reaction.

d'aww, how cute, also bed hair is best hair imo

rules of this selfie war is that I don't get to participate unfortunately because only attractive people get to participate (basically everyone on GayGAF 'cept me)

Thank you! (^_^;)
Don't put yourself down. If you don't want to post pictures of yourself, that's fine too.

Selfie war, huh? I made a huge mistake in shaving my goatee this morning... the combination of my shaven face and the awkward point my hair is at right now as I grow it back out makes me not look like the 20 year old man I am...
7GoYRI9l.jpg

Fuckin helmet head ass hair >_>

Not from my experience. Seems to me that people become less happy as they get older due to more responsibilities heaped on them from society. I mean think about when you were a child and the only thing you had to worry about was eating your veggies and going to school. Most people looking back will find those years significantly happier than their adult years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom