• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Time to dye your hair.
2125678-yup4g.png
What you guys got against purring???

Not from my experience. Seems to me that people become less happy as they get older due to more responsibilities heaped on them from society. I mean think about when you were a child and the only thing you had to worry about was eating your veggies and going to school. Most people looking back will find those years significantly happier than their adult years.

You can't really go back that far, childhood is a bubble. You also don't really have the tools to adequately cope with the stresses inherent to life, or find meaning in endeavor.

I meant that being a teenager and young adult is fairly miserable even while you're having fun, imo. Gaining a sense of competence and feeling less responsibility for other peoples expectations is liberating.

Kinsei

Banned
Happy birthday Henchmen!

just dont go in to uniqlo, the gay cheap clothes haven

Wait, you can buy Uniqlo clothes without importing in NY? I may have to visit sometime in the future. There are a few shirts from them that I want (and will probably never wear)

Dead Man

Selfie war, huh? I made a huge mistake in shaving my goatee this morning... the combination of my shaven face and the awkward point my hair is at right now as I grow it back out makes me not look like the 20 year old man I am...
7GoYRI9l.jpg

Fuckin helmet head ass hair >_>

Your ass hair has helmet head? ;p

Kangi

Yes, a brilliant post by Necromanti, deconstructing the idea of roles certain bodily traits are "supposed" to play. Shame it was somewhat wasted on someone who a.) was inevitably going to be banned and b.) hadn't the slightest clue of what he was speaking of to the point of being completely obtuse about most replies and criticism aimed toward him.

It continues to show that any arguments against gay people are ultimately either completely unfounded, or rooted in beliefs rather than reality. That guy falsely conflated biology with philosophy, and ultimately wound up with a religious point of view with that "user manual" garbage. Couldn't avoid his fate by screaming out about how all of his super-smart friends are so looking down on you right now and would totally kick your butt in one of their debates, mister. WATCH YOUR BACK FOR THE ARISTOTELIANS WILL COME BY NIGHT. I AM AN INTELLECTUAL.*

*And by "I", I mean "my friend". I'm not the bigot here, guys. Totally just my friend. Still, what sayest thou to him?

Kater

Banned
Yes, a brilliant post by Necromanti, deconstructing the idea of roles certain bodily traits are "supposed" to play. Shame it was somewhat wasted on someone who a.) was inevitably going to be banned and b.) hadn't the slightest clue of what he was speaking of to the point of being completely obtuse about most replies and criticism aimed toward him.

It continues to show that any arguments against gay people are ultimately either completely unfounded, or rooted in beliefs rather than reality. That guy falsely conflated biology with philosophy, and ultimately wound up with a religious point of view with that "user manual" garbage. Couldn't avoid his fate by screaming out about how all of his super-smart friends are so looking down on you right now and would totally kick your butt in one of their debates, mister. WATCH YOUR BACK FOR THE ARISTOTELIANS WILL COME BY NIGHT. I AM AN INTELLECTUAL.*

*And by "I", I mean "my friend". I'm not the bigot here, guys. Totally just my friend. Still, what sayest thou to him?

The funny thing is that the guy who posted this in that thread was the same guy who came to the people here in the LGBT OT, talking about his supposed friend who has something against homosexuality. I knew that he was lying. Glad we caught him red-handed.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118982546&postcount=13831

Haly

Oh good, I was wondering why he was on my ignore list when perusing that thread, and now I realize he was that jerkoff who came in here touting his "intellectual" friend.

HylianTom

Banned
The most confusing part of that whole "intellectual friend" thing.. how can someone be so ostensibly intelligent while lacking in understanding basic civil rights law?

One can dress-up an argument in all sorts of flowery philosophical language when discussing this kind of topic, but it still does nothing to override the whole "..equal protection of the law" part of the Constitution. That kind of thing - avoiding the actual legal debate - sets-off my B.S. alarm immediately.

And speaking of Equal Protection, we had another ruling yesterday - this time in Colorado. I know that the appeals courts over that jurisdiction had already ruled in our favor a few weeks ago, but still, it keeps the streak going..

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_26118709/adams-judge-tosses-colorado-gay-marriage-ban-but

Caladrius

Haly rises from the dead.

Selfie war, huh? I made a huge mistake in shaving my goatee this morning... the combination of my shaven face and the awkward point my hair is at right now as I grow it back out makes me not look like the 20 year old man I am...
7GoYRI9l.jpg

Fuckin helmet head ass hair >_>

You look fine, silly. I have the opposite problem where my hair makes me look years older than I'm supposed to. (In a bad way)

Half an hour till my bday. Here's hoping 34 is better then 33 (doubtful)

Happy Birthday!

The most confusing part of that whole "intellectual friend" thing.. how can someone be so ostensibly intelligent while lacking in understanding basic civil rights law?

Anyone can be mistaken for brilliant if the listener agrees with them passionately enough.

I've been guilty of it myself.

Grakl

And now we're having a "Would you date/fuck ____" thread about underage people. Is this trend supposed to be ban bait or an inside joke, or something?

I usually imagine that the OP is in the specified situation and wants to know other peoples' opinions on it, but doesnt want to actually talk about their situation

edit: now the thread is full on creepy mode

Haly

School is out and all the college-age horndogs are posting on GAF?

Iunno!

GAF tends to have thread trends. Would make some really interesting data honestly. Anyone remember when OT was nothing but gruesome murder stories?

Thought I'd make a separate post about my trip into the city yesterday.
I have to say I really like how comprehensive the NY Subway is. It practically goes everywhere. And its fast too.
I used it to go to the 9/11 memorial/museum Which I have to say was simply comprehensive. It was really sad too.
Everyone should go and see because it's just an amazingly somber experience.
I'll post photos later.
Then I went to go and visit a friend of mines and had delicious NY pizza and then finally went to the Empire State Building which is really awesome at night. Here's one photo I took. I'll lost more later.
D2wSC4y.jpg

All in all it was a fun visit. I'm going to the museum of natural history on Friday so that should be a fun way to cap off my week.

Haly

NYC is great, my bf and I plan on going back late summer when it's cooled off a bit

Try October, maybe. Since our Winter lasted well into April, I'd be surprised if our summer ended at August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom