• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DmC was fine. I really enjoyed it despite some flaws like the slowdown in the ps3 version. I honestly didn't notice an excess of cutscenes (maybe because I was busy drooling over Dante) haha.

The only incarnation of Devil May Cry I haven't liked is DMC2. I couldn't finish it. Terrible game.

All this crying about DmC and new Dante makes me so mad at gamers because it's this self-entitled 'but I want it my way!' crap and total resistance to change.

It's just a game. Take it for what it is or go play the 4 previous games.

RM8

It's okay, I don't hate it by any means. I'll probably enjoy it more in hard mode, skipping every single cut-scene I can skip, maybe using music mods :p The combat is a bit simple but it's still fun. It also runs perfectly on my wimpy PC, it's a great PC port.

It's bullcrap that there's shirtless Dante on PSASBR but not on DmC, though :p BTW I recently saw the DMC HD collection for PS3 for real cheap at Wal-Mart, I should have bought it.

EDIT: Crap, they blocked Reddit at work :(

It's okay, I don't hate it by any means. I'll probably enjoy it more in hard mode, skipping every single cut-scene I can skip, maybe using music mods :p The combat is a bit simple but it's still fun. It also runs perfectly on my wimpy PC, it's a great PC port.

It's bullcrap that there's shirtless Dante on PSASBR but not on DmC, though :p BTW I recently saw the DMC HD collection for PS3 for real cheap at Wal-Mart, I should have bought it.

A shirtless Dante mode in DmC would have resulted in too many masturbation breaks.... haha :p

HD collection is great - I loved playing 1 and 3 again in HD although lazily they didn't upscale the pre-rendered cutscenes :(

Hige

All this crying about DmC and new Dante makes me so mad at gamers because it's this self-entitled 'but I want it my way!' crap and total resistance to change.
I'm still disappointed we didn't get the new Cole design for Infamous 2. People were that attached to a generic bald space marine?
Plus the new one was hot.

Hi guys.

Re: this game and a certain character everyone is probably aware of, what is GayGAF's impression of
Tatsumi Kanji
?

Unsure of whether or not I would play the game and curious about some of the discussion, I spoiled myself about his plot development via debates on NeoGAF. Playing through the game now, it's charming and I've enjoyed it a lot. However,
it's really disappointing to see itself shit all over Kanji's development. If I'm not mistaken, Naoto is revealed to be a girl, resolving Kanji's sexuality problem with the silly anime logic implication that he was straight all along (corroborated with his reaction to the girls in the game). Maxing his social link and the progression of the game is leading me to believe that he was never intended to be a character accepting his sexuality, but rather a character coming to terms with how he might come across. Naoto just ties up the final loose end. This is probably a little bit premature, but it's on my mind and I'm assuming it will be tackled soon now that Naoto has made himself out to be a "decoy." I was told that the game is a bit "vague" and "open ended" in terms of his sexuality. But more than anything, it seems like it might just be immature.

I'm playing the Japanese ver. if that's relevant.

After replaying events in my head I think this.
Kanji isn't bisexual or homosexual he just goes with what he finds attractive. He was attracted to Naoto when he thought she was a guy and yet his attraction didn't change when revealed to be a girl. There is also the part where he got a nosebleed when the guys were in their swimming trunks.

Gender doesn't seem to be an issue to him the only reason his dungeon was the bathhouse along with the stereotypical shadow was because he assumed himself to be gay. In terms of Naoto decoy in what way? unless you mean a false image it was only to be taken seriously as a detective otherwise no one would listen to what she had to say.
In terms of him on how he wants to be perceived was an issue in mind as well but not for the reasons it might come across.

Grizzo

Is it too late to do Real Pic January ?
(well it's still January so I guess not)
I don't want to post it on the RPJ OT since it's gotten more like a small community in itself. Plus I now feel comfortable enough to post my face on this welcoming thread !

gjxr.jpg

I just received this Earthbound hoodie. Quite simple actually, but perfect to hang out around the house !

Alrus

Dat hoodie
(and beard)

Can't really help you with the avatar, as you can see from mine, I suck at doing them :p

Casanova

I don't want to post it on the RPJ OT since it's gotten more like a small community in itself. Plus I now feel comfortable enough to post my face on this welcoming thread !

gjxr.jpg

I just received this Earthbound hoodie. Quite simple actually, but perfect to hang out around the house !

Needs more chub.

Masamuna

Hi guys.

Re: this game and a certain character everyone is probably aware of, what is GayGAF's impression of
Tatsumi Kanji
?

Unsure of whether or not I would play the game and curious about some of the discussion, I spoiled myself about his plot development via debates on NeoGAF. Playing through the game now, it's charming and I've enjoyed it a lot. However,
it's really disappointing to see itself shit all over Kanji's development. If I'm not mistaken, Naoto is revealed to be a girl, resolving Kanji's sexuality problem with the silly anime logic implication that he was straight all along (corroborated with his reaction to the girls in the game). Maxing his social link and the progression of the game is leading me to believe that he was never intended to be a character accepting his sexuality, but rather a character coming to terms with how he might come across. Naoto just ties up the final loose end. This is probably a little bit premature, but it's on my mind and I'm assuming it will be tackled soon now that Naoto has made himself out to be a "decoy." I was told that the game is a bit "vague" and "open ended" in terms of his sexuality. But more than anything, it seems like it might just be immature.

I'm playing the Japanese ver. if that's relevant.

The only thing Kanji questioned himself growing up was really more about gender roles/masculinity. When Naoto comes along it throws a monkey in the wrench, forcing an idea into his head that results in second guessing his sexuality. His fear of acceptance is more than just orientation.

I just beat the game the other night. Ultimately they did do a good job of keeping it ambiguous. Him being absolutely oblivious leaves things up to the viewer.

The only thing Kanji questioned himself growing up was really more about gender roles/masculinity. When Naoto comes along it throws a monkey in the wrench, forcing an idea into his head that results in second guessing his sexuality. His fear of acceptance is more than just orientation.

I just beat the game the other night. Ultimately they did do a good job of keeping it ambiguous. Him being absolutely oblivious leaves things up to the viewer.

Which is good writing.
I definitely think it was more about gender roles than just orientation on Kanji's part
We live in a society where we're put in a box the second we're born and that can create conflict for those who don't just want to go with the flow of society.

RM8

Was there something specific on Reddit you wanted to look at? Or did I miss something...?
Nothing in particular, but it's one of the few entertainment sites not blocked at work and I'd like it to remain like that :p

GAF is weird. Somehow I can access GAF by google-translating it from Afrikaans to English. No pics, though, so I haven't seen Grizzo's hoodie.

Masamuna

So with P4G beaten the hubby and I switched off handhelds. Time to run through some back log! I picked Fennekin, named it Myrtle (Snow).

Gotta love snow days. Played a bunch more Xenoblade.
Just made it to Makna Forest. This area is absolutely GORGEOUS. Also getting some hints at more plot points and it seems like it's gonna be a doozy.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

:3

No. Compared to Better action titles, one of which came out last year as well it's completely mediocre.

By mentioning DMC3 and Bayonetta, I was also alluding to the other greats in the genre, including Ninja Gaiden. I haven't played MGR yet, so I can't comment on its quality, but I'm sure it's very good considering that Platinum Games is the developer. Still, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree that DmC is one of the less0rs of the genre. I don't think it is, nor do I think it's one of the greats. I merely think that it's a fun, competently made action game, which is more than one can say about a lot of games.

Yeah, that seems overly critical. Which message board?

The poor guy lost his partner of 6 years after rushing him to the hospital following a freak accident and being denied access during his final hours. I don't understand why people immediately think 'hidden agenda' when something like this comes out. It's a documentary, it's supposed to make a statement and have a message. I swear, I think people try to numb themselves with conspiracy talk so they don't actually have to confront their feelings or recognize that our country isn't the infallible promised land they were brought up to believe.

This bullshit needs to be put out there front and center so the absolute insanity of the legal system in this country is put on task and fucking fixed.

It's a music forum called madfruit...

Anyway, I Just finished watching it. Really sad. The video-diary bits where Shane was just sobbing at the webcam were kinda weird, but everyone processes a loss like that their own way, so I'm not gonna fault him for working through it however he can.

Chespin > Froakie
Greninja > Chesnaught

Also guys did I miss the memo or is "eat a sandwich, dude" more offensive than I remember it being

gjxr.jpg

Cute pic!

(Also, where'd you get dat hoodie? I need it in my life.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom