• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
All women are bi, I thought this was common knowledge.

Ties

Banned
What is his... interesting take on bi women? Masked lesbians? Hurr hurr college?
well im not in college yet so

from what i know the general population at my school believe that. thankfully most of my friends are socially concious and dismiss that bullshit

Alrus

The "all bi men are masked gay" stereotype comes from the fact that a lot of gays first come out at bi because it feels more acceptable to them or because they're still confused. Not excusing the stupid stereotype though, but it doesn't exist just out of spite for bisexual...

Although some gays resent bisexuals for various dumb reasons, like the weird idea that if things ever "get bad", a bisexual man can just "go back to girls" and be fine.

Ties

Banned
from what i can gather its not even just gay men

straight women have an aversion towards dating bisexual men as well

Alrus

straight women have an aversion towards dating bisexual men as well

Noticed that too, seems to come part from jealousy (bisexual men have more opportunity to cheat on you) and part from homophobia. (Had an acquaintance tell me that she felt gross after she discovered her ex-boyfriend was bisexual... Awkward)

RM8

The "all bi men are masked gay" stereotype comes from the fact that a lot of gays first come out at bi because it feels more acceptable to them or because they're still confused. Not excusing the stupid stereotype though, but it doesn't exist just out of spite for bisexual...

Although some gays resent bisexuals for various dumb reasons, like the weird idea that if things ever "get bad", a bisexual man can just "go back to girls" and be fine.
Even if it's a thing that happens, there's a pretty big jump from that to "all bi people are like this". And again, I find it particularly idiotic coming from gay people.

Sai-kun

Banned
In my experience, and from what I've heard from friends, you're less likely to get responses from either gender if you label yourself as bi on OkCupid, unfortunately.

Alrus

Even if it's a thing that happens, there's a pretty big jump from that to "all bi people are like this". And again, I find it particularly idiotic coming from gay people.

Just to be entirely clear, I think the stereotype is fucking idiotic, especially when it's coming from gay people, just wanted to point out why it existed...

Rayis

I kinda have an affinity to bi people though, like I find it kinda hot that they're with me and that they could also be with a girl but I think feeling this way is kinda bad too....

In my experience, and from what I've heard from friends, you're less likely to get responses from either gender if you label yourself as bi on OkCupid, unfortunately.

To be frank, you will mostly be repelled by both genders 9 times out of 10, solely based on being bisexual. And that's before they realise that you have a crap personality. It's really not as fun as it sounds, being Bi.

Haly

Obviously, the only thing to two is to make two OKCupid profiles, and pretend to be twins.

Interesting. I mean, I definitely can believe that unfortunately, but it hasn't really been my experience so far (though it's not like it makes much difference since nothing has gone anywhere on there for me ayway) for whatever reason. I mean, I definitely have't had much luck with women at all, but guys typically respond at least a few times before dropping off the face of the earth, and I attribute the women thing more to their inboxes likely being constantly bombarded. And my profile definitely has much... larger problems than the fact that I'm bi on it that are likely to scare people off from what I hear, due to my nature with this kind of thing. >.> (If someone really wants to see what I mean, my profile isn't really hard to find...)

I'll say hi as a new gay member. Late to being out, late to playing video games, but I'm all in both! :)
Hello and welcome! What games do you like to play?
Man, All you people with your nice and 100% accepting parents. Must be nice. :(

To clarify, I've told my mom before and every time she gets sad wanting grandkids. Yes, I know adoption and surrogacy is an option but she wants natural grandkids. I guess because I'm an only child. I guess she also thinks that me marry another man to be offputting. To be fair, She's a great person otherwise and I love her to death. She's also always done so much for me but I guess the fact that she's OK with other gay people but not 100% with me being bi hurts me to my core sometimes.
I haven't told my dad outright but I already know what his reaction would be so....

Be thankful, those who have accepting parents. I'd just want for someone I could talk about the other important aspect of my life without having to hide it away. :(

Since I brought this up earlier, I wanted to know, LGBTGAF, How'd your immediate relatives react to your sexuality? If you're not out yet, How'd you think they would react?

Haly

What happens if they ask for a threesome with the other twin?

Then you reveal your terrible and tragic dissociative identity disorder to them.

EDIT: Fixed for medical accuracy.

Alrus

I'll say hi as a new gay member. Late to being out, late to playing video games, but I'm all in both! :)

Hello and welcome! :)

Since I brought this up earlier, I wanted to know, LGBTGAF, How'd your immediate relatives react to your sexuality? If you're not out yet, How'd you think they would react?

Well I've only had the priviledge to tell my mom (I was apparently outed to my dad and brother without knowing it for nearly one and half year so I never really got to tell them. My dad actually asked me when he could meet my bf before I even told him I had one...), her reacting was "oh, well if you're happy that's all that counts" at first. Next day we met for lunch and I noticed she was acting a bit weird so I mentioned that and she told me that it was a pretty big news for her but she was happy.

Both my parents and my brother have met my boyfriend and they seem to like him, so I"m thankful for that. Haven't told my extended family yet, don't know when I'll have the courage to do so.

I have a Wii U as well
in the future but for now I don't

Get on it greenhead!

Thanks friend!
:)

Imma follow you on Tumblr, don't laugh at mine, it's nonsense lol.

I have a family party tonight. I'm ready for awkward questions

Awww, this also happened at a party lol. Good luck!

dont feel bad about it i lie to people about my sexuaility all the time i dont want people to give me shit for being bi.

I suppose you're right. Normally I wouldn't care and I'd just be honest, but it was my sister's boyfriend, and I'm not out to her and my mum. My sister isn't homophobic, but she's childish and she'd use it as ammo and tell our mum when she's mad at me. I actually think she'll accept it eventually, but I just don't want to risk it with me living under her roof. I do use my avi guy as a wallpaper everywhere, I can't believe they still haven't figured it out, so daft lol.

I also know why he asked me, the day before he said that if you only sleep once with a man you're gay, even if you have relationships with women for the rest of your life. I told him that's bullshit and he responded with people who experiment aren't 100% straight, I said that there's probably less 100% straight people than we think anyways. At the party he also said that only foreigners get marks/scars from vaccines and referred to a lesbian as a dyke. All-round idiot I suppose lol... wachu gonna do.

yeah my ex broke up with me because she found out i was bi.

It saddens me that people like this exist, sorry to hear that.

Kinsei

Banned

I'm only out to one person, my mother, and let's just say it didn't go well.

I haven't come out to my father, but I don't think he'd take it well. I've heard him repeatedly call our gay cousin a f***** and if he's intolerant of gay people, I'd hate to see how he'd react to a trans* person.

I can't wait until I get my own place so I can stop hiding.

Accepted all the friend requests sent to me and sent one to alvmew! What's your NNID Kinsei?

Welcome beltan! What games do you play?

I'm only out to one person, my mother, and let's just say it didn't go well.

I haven't come out to my father, but I don't think he'd take it well. I've heard him repeatedly call our gay cousin a f***** and if he's intolerant of gay people, I'd hate to see how he'd react to a trans* person.

I can't wait until I get my own place so I can stop hiding.

<3 It'll get better!
Just remember, when you're under your own roof you are free to choose which people are part of your life.

Welcome! ^_^

Well, I already mentioned my parents' reaction earlier (pretty well, all things considered). Other than them though, I haven't really come out to anywhere else though (unless my parents said something to them without me knowing, but none of them have brought it up since then). In any case though, yeah, I'm definitely pretty lucky on that front, since if I did, for the most part I'd imagine similar reactions to my parents. Like my sister probably wouldn't care one way or the other and would probably be whatever about it. And I'd expect my aunts and stuff would also likely be pretty great about it. Just hasn't really come up at all and I don't really feel much need to just bring it up out of the blue to them or anything and I dunno, maybe it's just because I only actually realized I was bisexual or whatever, but it just doesn't really matter one way or the other to me if they know or not.

Kinsei

Banned

Welcome to Gaming, GAF, and this thread.

Accepted all the friend requests sent to me and sent one to alvmew! What's your NNID Kinsei?

<3 It'll get better!
Just remember, when you're under your own roof you are free to choose which people are part of your life.

My NNID is Gnerdus

I know. I'm of the belief that your family is who you choose it to be.

royalan

What up guys. I know there's an RPDR thread but I'm not entirely sure how active it might be, anyway, I did an Adore Delano watercolor piece. :p

Adore+Final.jpg

Lovely. I especially love the scales you added. *.*

Oh sure, here ya go.
Just a little cartoony stylized "portrait" of Miss Delano, nothing too fancy. lol

Sis, this:

8jRvG4G.png

"She makes me laugh"

Is TOO cute.

Caladrius

Welcome!

Then you reveal your terrible and tragic dissociative identity disorder to them.

EDIT: Fixed for medical accuracy.

Thankfully I'm already insane so this wouldn't be very difficult.

Copious bathroom visits and fake birthmark stickers.

I've always been a fan of wigs.

Kater

Banned

Hello and welcome to the fabulous world that is the LGBT GAF OT, beltan!
Hope you enjoy your time here. :D

Welcome to Gaming, GAF, and this thread.

My NNID is Gnerdus

I know. I'm of the belief that your family is who you choose it to be.

Possibly a very valuable and useful belief to have.
It doesn't matter if they share blood or looks with you, an idiot is an idiot. I learned that with my family.

Lovely. I especially love the scales you added. *.*

That's really good. How did you learn how to do that?

Thanks guys.

I learned it by messing around. Honestly the best way to get a hang of this stuff is to just goof off and feel it out for yourself hands on. That plus a bunch of youtube videos. Just look up "watercolor dolphin" for example if you wanna paint one, and then just see how they go about it. Or looking up "watercolor techniques" or something similar would also be good.

Oh and you might wanna check out WetCanvas. It's an online community for art that has super comprehensive information on all kinds of different mediums. Good luck! :)

Kater

Banned
I really wish I could play ZombiU with someone else, I'm so damn scared every time I start to play it.
That game is like the Ravenholm chapter of HL2 stretched out into an entire game. ;_;

l_deathnote14mep8.jpg

Kinsei

Banned
I really wish I could play ZombiU with someone else, I'm so damn scared every time I start to play it.
That game is like the Ravenholm chapter of HL2 stretched out into an entire game. ;_;

l_deathnote14mep8.jpg

I want to like that game, but I encountered a game ending bug and haven't had the motivation to start a new file.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Problem: I'm going bald.
Solution: Shaving the shit out of my head tomorrow.
Mood: Trying hard to not fall into a deep depression.

Dead Man

Sorry to intrude, but can you guys sign this whitehouse.gov petition to end the ban on gay and bi men donating blood?

Sign here.

Thanks so much.

Bloody hell, I thought the 1 year ban after having sex with a male was bad enough. Lifetime ban? Fucking clowns.

Problem: I'm going bald.
Solution: Shaving the shit out of my head tomorrow.
Mood: Trying hard to not fall into a deep depression.

Join the balding master race :)

Dead Man

I wouldn't mind much if the shape of my head wasn't as weird as it is but I'll deal with it.

Everyone thinks their head is weird. It isn't (well, it may be, but odds are against it). It's just that most people don't see themselves without hair very often I think. The back of my head is enormous, I just have a big fat head in general, and I think I look better with a shaved than with most of the haircuts I have worn over the years.

I have no doubt that you will look awesome with a shaved or buzzed head.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Everyone thinks their head is weird. It isn't (well, it may be, but odds are against it). It's just that most people don't see themselves without hair very often I think. The back of my head is enormous, I just have a big fat head in general, and I think I look better with a shaved than with most of the haircuts I have worn over the years.

I have no doubt that you will look awesome with a shaved or buzzed head.

Thanks man. I'll have to deal with it and get used to it. I don't wanna be like those guys going bald doing dumb shit trying to cover the baldness with a ridiculous hairstyle or wearing a bad looking toupee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom