• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I both love you and feel like an idiot right now. Thank you. I would be lying if I said that after over an hour of futilely pulling that damn cord I didn't start grinning from ear-to-ear the moment it started. It's quite clear that I will never become a groundkeeper.

should have just paid someone to do your lawn. there's bound to be some cute shirtless guys to work for you. there's like 5 lawn service guys around my neighborhood. and there's one with a cute guy too.

Dan Savage:

7XJi2sd.jpg

lol

Bailey 87

Dan Savage:

lol

I remember seeing this when watching the show, it was so funny. It was also hilarious to see the two conservative guys being uncomfortable when Dan was talking about his husband and sex.

P.s everyone should watch real time with Bill Maher.

On that note what shows do you think are 'must watch' shows.

I'll start with : The Wire, Breaking Bad, Hannibal and West Wing

HylianTom

Banned
I remember seeing this when watching the show, it was so funny. It was also hilarious to see the two conservative guys being uncomfortable when Dan was talking about his husband and sex.

Bob's Burgers is pretty much the only new TV I regularly watch nowadays (aside from NFL). Cosmos was my other regular program; that show was a religious experience to me. (Greg & I waited in line in the rain for four hours to see Neil Degrasse Tyson a few months ago - totally worth it!)

I'm also a huge sucker for MST3k, The Twilight Zone, and SOAP.. I can watch those endlessly without getting tired of 'em.

Grakl

oh! king of the hill is an amazing show, you can skip the first season and probably the last couple, but watch the rest -- I love that show

Arrested development is one for sure lol

Kater

Banned
Got a haircut today. What do my fellow LGBT GAFfers think of it?
Should I have gone full on undercut?

memii2vxeu6.jpg

memii3q5i5b.jpg

My nose looks enormous in these photos. fml >_>

should have just paid someone to do your lawn. there's bound to be some cute shirtless guys to work for you. there's like 5 lawn service guys around my neighborhood. and there's one with a cute guy too.

While I would very much like to ogle at a cute, well-toned guy cut the grass shirtless (you may want to mute the song), I don't think I could accept the defeat it would signify (and I'm too stingy with money).

Well, it depends what you mean by 'must watch' because the goal of the viewer is very important in deciding this. What somebody thinks to be the best shows on television is rather irrelevant if the phrase 'must watch' is used when somebody enquires as to which shows are the best to watch to give an all-round understanding of the medium, or indeed is enquiring about a specific genre/narrative technique in particular.

Given that I assume you're asking what think the best shows in the medium are, I would say "The Wire", "Breaking Bad", "Mad Men", "The Sopranos", "True Detective) (these five being what I'd consider the best of the dramas), "Deadwood", "Six Feet Under", "The Shield" "Arrested Development", "Band of Brothers" and "The Simpsons Seasons 1 - 8". Other shows I would very much advise people to consider watching include "Hannibal", "Boardwalk Empire", "Fargo", "Carnivale", "Rome", "Luck", "Treme", "The Good Wife", the early seasons of "Futurama" in addition to "The Late Philip J Fry" and "Meanwhile", "The Pacific", "Twin Peaks" (not necessarily due to the quality, more due to how unique I find it), "Archer", the first season of "24" (because it's digestable, pulpy entertainment and the best, or second depending on who you ask, of the lot), "Spongebob Squarepants" up to the movie (more because they made a 'good' character interesting and I enjoyed it as a child), "Pinky and the Brain" (a children's show done right), "Cosmos" (the original, as a great documentary), "Planet Earth", "Orange is the New Black", "House" (up until season six's opening'd conclusion, simply for Laurie's fantastic performance and the gripping "Three Stories"), "The West Wing", "Friday Night Lights", "30 Rock", "Community", "Curb Your Enthusiasm", "Louie", and I think that's everything (but I've probably forgotten something), EDIT: Forgot "Les Revants" and "Rectify". EDIT 2: And "Sherlock". EDIT 3: And "Blackadder", and "Father Ted". EDIT 4: And "Game of Thrones". EDIT 5: And "Fawlty Towers".

Magnus

We sharing photos again? Yay!

I call this one drunk-eye. The hubby tells me he had a vast debate with two friends over whether I had a facial tick before meeting me in person, when he first saw some of my photos online. Apparently when I smile, one eye's always more open than the other. This effect is enhanced when I'm inebriated.

969194_10101814646925092_1015839227_n.jpg

And this one's from a few years ago, when the NeoGAF shirt store first launched! I'm not sure I ever shared this:

299529_10100610807109732_4658352_n.jpg

This quoted image has caused to me to watch this entire episode. Doing it now. This is hilarious.

Yeah, I watched the full episode (well, the 5-6 minutes or so surrounding that part of the image) - it was really funny.

Got a haircut today. What do my fellow LGBT GAFfers think of it?
Should I have gone full on undercut?

My nose looks enormous in these photos. fml >_>

Lookin' good! I like it. :)

Kater

Banned
Hell, no, I'm the exception here, don't steal my not good looking spot in here.

With that said, you look great, that new haircut works fine for you.

Magnus is great looking too.
Aw, you already called dibs on that spot? :(

Well, second place is the nearest I get I suppose...

Thanks for complimenting me though. ;)

Both! I think the new haircut looks good on you.

Ha, good to know! Thanks! ^_^

Kater

Banned

Kater

Banned

Finally finished reading my Young Avengers comic books*, had a good time reading it.
Lot's of boy kissing which I won't pretend that I didn't also enjoy.

Young Avengers, Vol. 1: Style > Substance
Young Avengers Volume 2: Alternative Cultures
Young Avengers Volume 3: Mic-Drop at the Edge of Time and Space

Ties

Banned
Everyone looks so good *. *

this looked way better on my phone but whatever just browsing gaf ~

also how does young avengers stack in comparison to teen titans?

(i know different publishing companies and all but)

Caladrius

If someone manages to legitimately piss me off I never forgive them for it.

Thankfully only two people I've known personally have ever managed to do that.

The amount of people that I wouldn't give the time of day however numbers in the millions.

Finally finished reading my Young Avengers comic books*, had a good time reading it.
Lot's of boy kissing which I won't pretend that I didn't also enjoy.

Are there meaty pectoral muscles everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom