• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyBig

I'd be lying if I said that I hadn't acutally done that, despite always hearing good things about it. I guess I'll have to go and breeze through it. Regarding "Carnivale" or "Boardwalk Empire", well, that's really a tough one. Both are of a quite high calibur, both are directed quite admirably, and both are acted in a supremely fitting manner. The issue arises in that "Carnivale" is quite unique in its rather bleak atmosphere that touches every aspect of the show. It also has an extremely complex, dense mythology. Perhaps, most importantly, the cancellation really works against it as some clear potential is lost with unanswered questions and unresolved plotlines. In addition, the polarising nature of the show is unlikely to appeal to all, and while it isn't a major time commitment in comparison to something like "The Shield", it's still a sizeable amount if time if you end up dissatisfied with it. "Boardwalk Empire" is a much more typical show but, personally, it falters in that it never convincingly portrays the atmosphere it wants to me. When a character walks along the beautiful sets, it doesn't 'feel' authentic to me, it feels like a character walking down a set. It's hard to convey what exactly is missing, and what the issue is for me, but there is just something 'lacking' from the show despite it, techically, being very impressive. I recognise that this is a personal issue, even if I've seen it elsewhere, so don't let it deter you too much. The plots are generally well thought out, the characters are both complex (in general) and numerous, and it has a much wider appeal. Overall, while it wouldn't be my favourite by any means, I think "Boardwalk Empire" would be the safer option. Both are definitely worth seeing, but if you like shows such as "The Sopranos" and "The Wire", you really cannot go wrong with "Boardwalk Empire", at the worst you may be lukewarm towards it as I am (where as you could end up hating "Carnivale").

EDIT: I never heard of Ryan Kelly, but he is a really lovely man.

Thanks for that. In my experience polarising stuff usually beats the mediocre.
At the moment my shows keep me too busy to start yet another, but I'll remember your advice.

2701D6X.jpg

Kater

Banned
AKOM (South Korean animation studio)

Quick Google search, come on dude :p

These guys also animated Marsupilami. That was one of my favourite shows when I was a kid. :)

Kangi

AKOM (South Korean animation studio)

Quick Google search, come on dude :p

These guys also animated Marsupilami. That was one of my favourite shows when I was a kid. :)

They're not a bad animation studio. But their work on the Warners was generally awful. The off-modelness harms my soul.

Kater

Banned
I agree, great job!

btw, I'm playing Earthbound, did you finish it already?

Nah, not even close. I got stuck at the first real boss after that punk guy with the tank. >_>

They're not a bad animation studio. But their work on the Warners was generally awful. The off-modelness harms my soul.

I didn't mind it as a child but yeah, they probably wouldn't stand my high expectations that I have now for animations and character models.

Rayis

I just went to work for 4 hours and came back home and I'm on GAF again, I like GAF though I should post more

also, this thread is abundant in good looking studs.

Kater

Banned
I wish I could work only 4 hours a day so that I could play games and post on NeoGAF and wouldn't have to choose between the two. :/

Here's another two pictures by the way since I'm bored as well.

Rayis

obviously it's your turn to post.

I just went through my facebook and i couldn't find a decent picture to share.

I don't think an actually decent picture of me exists tbh, If anything I'm doing y'all a favor by not posting my ugly mug

I wish I could work only 4 hours a day so that I could play games and post on NeoGAF and wouldn't have to choose between the two. :/
Today was just an outlier for me, I don't usually work just 4 hours, I wish I had that forgiving of an schedule all the time, also, yeah, I could definitely use the time for more GAF posting.

I can't wait for the new semester, I don't know what to do with my free time ;__;
Play Mario Kart 8!~

Kater

Banned
I dont want to, I know that the game will match me with people ranked way worse than me and not people on my same level.

Yeah, like me for example. :p

Though I'm at least a bit better now thanks to some training with Kinsei and racing against random people on the internet.
Still can't compete against the people from the MK8 OT.

Caladrius

I've been playing MK8 with my Sister lately. It's good to have family to play it with in person.

The haircut went okay. I'll show the results when I feel like combing my hair.

garyBig

Man, guys. Created an account today on the largest gay dating site around these parts. Expected lots of horny sexhunters (well there were a few) but never expected to engage in an awesome conversation with a seemingly very cute guy at 3 am. Damn. Must have had enormously lucky timing. Now it's 4 am. Already looking forward to continue talking tomorrow. This is awesome.

You live in one of the EU countries as well, right?
How is the situation there regarding same sex marriage and general LGBT rights?

Yeah, I'm in The Netherlands. I can't complain, Holland was the first country in the world to legalise same sex marriage back in 2001, and LGBT people have the same rights as straight people regarding kids/adoption etc.

The lack of LGBT rights in most of the world saddens me and pisses me off greatly.

Never had that, but had the opposite. Sent body pics and no replies. Shit sucks.

If you send me body pics I'll reply. I promise.

when you send more face pics to a guy and he stops replying.

I'd probably be one of those guys. :(

Face/hair (not having hair, but having a hairstyle I like which potentially includes bald) is the most important thing for me honestly. Though I'd try to be more tactful than just abandoning ship instantly without a word.

Ties

Banned
as long as you dont look like quasimodo i'd be more than happy to give you a chance

theres so much potential attraction missing from face to face interaction vs a photograph. some hot people dont photograph well either so

Kater

Banned
Yeah, I'm in The Netherlands. I can't complain, Holland was the first country in the world to legalise same sex marriage back in 2001, and LGBT people have the same rights as straight people regarding kids/adoption etc.

The lack of LGBT rights in most of the world saddens me and pisses me off greatly.

Didn't know that The Netherlands is the Schlaraffenland (= basically, paradise).
At least some European countries seem to give a buck about human rights for everyone, so I guess that's something. :/

as long as you dont look like quasimodo i'd be more than happy to give you a chance

theres so much potential attraction missing from face to face interaction vs a photograph. some hot people dont photograph well either so

This! I photograph terribly but people tell me I'm good looking in person. Damn nose.

Sevarus

I like a girl. She lives in another country 2000 miles/3200 km away. I wish I didn't always insist on making things so hard on myself. Anyone else go through something similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom