• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weed smells great. I haven't touched it in three years, and my brain still associates a lot of nice things with that smell :)

Yeah I honestly like the smell. Then again I like the smell of gasoline, wet paint, nail polish remover, etc...

Though I don't go out of my way to smell those things.

Oh I see his edit, he was just talking about blunts. Well if you find alcohol just dandy but somehow think weed leads to a greater loss of self control then you're likely factually incorrect and a raging hypocrite.
I don't like or use any kind. Smoking in particular (any kind) bothers me because I don't want to smell and breathe your shit. Also as I said people talking a lot of the time about it (when they get together) is annoying and in my small experience people who smoke blunts are the worst at that.

Saw this on feed thought you guys would like to read it.

Obama to sign orders protecting gay employees.

Thanks for that, always interested in seeing how this is being spun. Some thoughts.

- no mention of trans protections in headline--shitty but typical
- only applies to federal contractors/employees of
- overbroad religious exemptions would be codifying discrimination into law, he hasn't stated what his version's strapped with which is terrifying
- it took him HOW many years to fulfill a promise that's been sitting on his desk since his initial campaign? he fought tooth and nail against repealing DADT, as well
- employment protection are one facet of what we need--freedom from discrimination in housing, public accommodations, medical access, credit, etc needs to be secured for things like marriage equality and job protections to matter. lots of talk recently about doing the right thing and pushing legislators to amend the Civil Rights Act
- hope to your deity that the current version of Congress' ENDA doesn't pass without the overbroad religious exemptions stripped and barred against
- fuck Chad Griffin and HRC

I don't like or use any kind. Smoking in particular (any kind) bothers me because I don't want to smell and breathe your shit. Also as I said people talking a lot of the time about it (when they get together) is annoying and in my small experience people who smoke blunts are the worst at that.

I'm amazed that people would have the nerve to talk about an activity they all mutually enjoy.

Perhaps you should get friends that share common interests, instead of expecting people with dissimilar interests to not discuss them in your presence.

Dead Man

So you don't drink either? Cool. But why should people not talk about something they enjoy just because you don't enjoy it?

Grizzo

Only started watching the show like a week ago and her lines are already stuck in my head, haha. I really dig the humour.

Ohhhh you're gonna love it! Watch it all! The 5 seasons + two movies! Some episodes in the later seasons get more serious (with drama and nostalgia involved), but they're just as good as the first one (the humor is always there, don't worry).

I bought the complete series on DVD two years ago and I go through it from time to time with the same pleasure every time.

Lol you really are young. She was on Mtv when I was in my late teens. God I'm old

Yeah I used to watch it on a french channel when I was 8 years old. Something about the dialogs and characters just grabbed my attention.

To be fair we were very different in tone. I think I'll forgive you.

I need to ask you something since it's been bugging me for quite some time : didn't you used to have an avatar?

mantidor

GayGAF is surprisingly StraightEdge.

I drink obscenely insane amounts of alcohol, fortunately I'm getting better.

I think in some ways it's pretty hard to be an alcoholic, just because it's a lot more than just having a monkey on your back like some of the more 'functional' addictions.

I need further explanation because I would disagree, alcohol has so many levels of entry I think is really easy. Other drugs don't have those degrees, is either the hard experience or nothing, many can't take their first weed or their first cocaine, it is too much. However anyone can drink a cocktail if it is well prepared.

Does anyone still wear abercrombie and fitch

If you come through to Long island you'll see enough people wearing it...
I dont lol

As for being straight edge, yeah i'm part of that group. Never smoked a cig, never done any type of drugs, dont plan on doing any of that. I dont really drink. I'm of age but i really dont care for drinks really. I just need good food. Goooood food, Fried foods >_> mmmmmmmmmmm

Didn't know that The Netherlands is the Schlaraffenland (= basically, paradise).
At least some European countries seem to give a buck about human rights for everyone, so I guess that's something. :/

Nah, it'll be paradise when straight guys stop acting like giant babies when they see 2 men kissing or holding hands in public, that's getting real old.

Also, CornBurrito needs a hawt avatar.

I need further explanation because I would disagree, alcohol has so many levels of entry I think is really easy. Other drugs don't have those degrees, is either the hard experience or nothing, many can't take their first weed or their first cocaine, it is too much. However anyone can drink a cocktail if it is well prepared.

Alcohol is ostensibly a hard drug, it requires a greater sense of desperation to be willing to take all of the ways that it can cripple you. It's not really gentle, and maintaining such an addiction is actually hard work, in a way. It was addressed to Bo in particular in terms of her comparing herself to her grandfather.

Also all drugs have degrees, the dose curve for alcohol is actually pretty steep (note incidence of alcohol poisoning), but that doesn't really have to do with my point.

Kater

Banned
So many pure maidens *~*
drooling_Samuel_gif_by_CarnieBoys.gif

Nah, it'll be paradise when straight guys stop acting like giant babies when they see 2 men kissing or holding hands in public, that's getting real old.

Also, CornBurrito needs a hawt avatar.
Yeah, that's probably in most places. :/

Kangi

Judging by the recent thread, that's going to take a while.

"Those gays kissing makes my skin crawl! But it's okay, it's natural since I'm not attracted to them."

Grizzo

"Those gays kissing makes my skin crawl! But it's okay, it's natural since I'm not attracted to them."

You know what's ironic? I kinda react the same way when I see videos of people dressed up as fury and dancing in a suggestive manners. I thought a lot about this these last few days, and I think that makes me prejudiced.

So from now on I won't act disgusted when I read something about furries. Mind you I never insulted any of them, just always felt a little weird. It is just not my thing and I should be in no position to judge.

Kangi

You know what's ironic? I kinda react the same way when I see videos of people dressed up as fury and dancing in a suggestive manners.

Well, a bit of a difference between everyday people sharing a kiss and someone dressed up in a fursuit acting provocative. I've gotten over being weirded out by furries (and other relatively tame fetishes), but then again I adblock all of Boss Doggie's avatars, so...

Which thread?

The "Does finding gay sex repulsive make you prejudiced?" thread. Apparently some people find gay people even kissing to be completely repulsive, and defend it with psuedo-biological garbage.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just two people pretending to be anthro-animals getting it on.

Nothing weird about that.

Humans have been pretending to be animals forever.

Grizzo

Well, a bit of a difference between everyday people sharing a kiss and someone dressed up in a fursuit acting provocative. I've gotten over being weirded out by furries (and other relatively tame fetishes), but then again I adblock all of Boss Doggie's avatars, so...

Fair enough. But underneath the furry costume, there's a regular man (or a regular woman), just like any of us. They are just doing what they love, just like us.

I get your point though, those kind of fetishes are in a whole other league than just two people of the same sex kissing on the streets.

RM8

Honestly, furry stuff does make me a bit uncomfortable. Most fetishes do, really. It's not me being judgmental, but it's stuff that definitely sparks a nope.jpg feeling inside me.

Yeah, that's probably in most places. :/

It's probably everywhere =(

Those kinds of threads are always so predictable.

We're just gonna have to help to normalise it for them by kissing a lot in front them, otherwise it'll take until the end of time.

mantidor

Honestly, furry stuff does make me a bit uncomfortable. Most fetishes do, really. It's not me being judgmental, but it's stuff that definitely sparks a nope.jpg feeling inside me.

But that is being judgmental :p

I hate this new PC era, people don't like stuff, everyone should learn to live with it. Furries are absolutely disturbing to me, I am judgmental, and it is likely "irrational", but it is what it is. I will not, however, try to pass out laws that prevent them from doing their freaky awful stuff because it doesn't harm anyone. And that is all I ask from straight people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom