• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ties

Banned
I'm done with GAF. It's become clear that I don;t belong on the site. It was nice meeting you all.
whats wrong?

i've seen you around some threads lately and i largely agree with you on your points. i just don't bother writing a thesis every time i disagree with someone because thats wasted time on my part

Kinsei

Banned
Wha-? Don't go just yet! Elaborate, at the very least, before you depart..

GAF has been to source of more misery than joy for me. Someone tried to infer things about my past from some stuff I posted, with a lovely allusion to sexual assault, and that was the last straw. I guess Internet forums just aren't for me.

Kater

Banned
But what if I like them really, really hairy :p

bear1-250x245vqjzc.jpg

somewhat related
nah not really

I'm done with GAF. It's become clear that I don;t belong on the site. It was nice meeting you all.

GAF has been to source of more misery than joy for me. Someone tried to infer things about my past from some stuff I posted, with a lovely allusion to sexual assault, and that was the last straw. I guess Internet forums just aren't for me.

I can understand your decision. I will miss your posts here! :)

Ugh, that's awful. I'm sorry to hear that. I won't blame you for leaving, but you're definitely very welcome in this thread, methinks. Would you wish us to inform a mod about this...?

Kinsei

Banned

Ugh, that's awful. I'm sorry to hear that. I won't blame you for leaving, but you're definitely very welcome in this thread, methinks. Would you wish us to inform a mod about this...?

The thread was closed by a mod so I assume the one who closed it saw the post.

Ties

Banned
The thread was closed by a mod so I assume the one who closed it saw the post.
mods generally don't see every post in the thread

i went through a phase going through locked threads just so i could report posts to mods so

but yeah I'm sorry to hear that. i generally don't venture too far off of the community threads on either side because there is far too much mud slinging and condenscension from the majority of posters here and i don't fuck with that shit

(Hugs) :( you're an awesome poster and you've really put people in place and put insight in other people from what I've seen. It's a shame others didn't and made things feeling worse in sense of safety and happiness for you. Won't force you to change your decision that you feel will be better for you but don't forget about us :p and if you do post again, at least in this thread it'll be welcome back into our little corner of madness and silliness on this site lol

I am partnered but we both tried out grindr, I posted a provocative pic, he posted no pic. I got a lot more responses lol lots of cute guys on there.

Kater

Banned
Yes
and all of them want to have sex, I just want to meet people and have friends, I'm so naive

You can have sex with friends as well, you don't need to be in love or in a relationship to get intimate with someone.
Always use protection though. ;)

There are always going to be smartarses who think they are hilarious, ignore them and enjoy chatting with the people you like, GAF is huge, there are loads of good peeps too.

Fully agree with you on that, Art. :)
There's loads of cool people here and the moderation team cares a lot about the people on here, and it shows, most of the time. Obviously the mods are not able to notice every harmful post so sometimes you have to take the initiative and report it to the mods yourselves. There's a list of who of the mods is online for just that if anyone wants to contact a mod.

There are always going to be smartarses who think they are hilarious, ignore them and enjoy chatting with the people you like, GAF is huge, there are loads of good peeps too.

Achtius

I still don't get friend with benefit. Do they provide them with health insurance
jk

Just ignore them and report that person to a mod since it's a personal attack.

daripad

You can have sex with friends as well, you don't need to be in love or in a relationship to get intimate with someone.
Always use protection though. ;)

I just want friends to talk, maybe date later but I just want to know them for the moment. I don't know what's so hard to understand for some of them :/

Kater

Banned
I just want friends to talk, maybe date later but I just want to know them for the moment. I don't know what's so hard to understand for some of them :/

I guess Grindr is the wrong place to start looking for friends though, I guess? From what I know of it it is basically like GayRomeo here, it's just a hookup site.

I personally found more friends via Facebook and forums than through a hookup site. :/

Achtius

Volunteering with some lbgt group is probably a better way to meet people.

I don't have much gay friends either. I know a few who are gay, but I don't hang out with them.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I loved Frozen, though the only song I still remember from it is ''Let it Go'', I still remember all the songs from The Little Mermaid and Beauty & The Beast, etc. I don't know if that's nostalgia or if their classic music is legitimately more catchy.

the second one. the songs in Frozen (besides let it go) are all totally forgettable. tangled is a much better movie but even that one has pretty forgettable songs (though way more than frozen. mother knows best is v. good) disney used to be able to churn out amazing song after amazing song but now theyre lucky if they can even get 1 per film

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tangled is more cohesive from beginning to end, with superior visuals, but Frozen had a far more innovative concept.

While Tangled is stronger overall, I would rather if Disney modeled their future movies off of Frozen, rather than Tangled.

Haly

I can imagine few things more awesome than a group of people breaking out into a rendition of "I'll Make a Man Out of You".

Haly

Tangled is just one entry in a long line of fairy tale romances from Disney.

Frozen was actually Disney trying to break out of that mold.

So I want Disney to go beyond their comfort zone even more, rather than play it safe with princess stories ad infinitum.

Fully agree with you on that, Art. :)
There's loads of cool people here and the moderation team cares a lot about the people on here, and it shows, most of the time. Obviously the mods are not able to notice every harmful post so sometimes you have to take the initiative and report it to the mods yourselves. There's a list of who of the mods is online for just that if anyone wants to contact a mod.

Yeah, GAF has a great mod team, especially compared to other forums.

Don't give up, I've heard of people finding friends on these apps/sites. Make sure it says on your profile that you're looking for friends to hang out with and not date. Try others apps/sites as well.

the second one. the songs in Frozen (besides let it go) are all totally forgettable. tangled is a much better movie but even that one has pretty forgettable songs (though way more than frozen. mother knows best is v. good) disney used to be able to churn out amazing song after amazing song but now theyre lucky if they can even get 1 per film

Mother Knows Best is the only song I remember from Tangled lol.

So I want Disney to go beyond their comfort zone even more, rather than play it safe with princess stories ad infinitum.

They should just go for a same sex love story next time!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

hmm, I really don't see frozen as being a departure for them. i would like to see fewer princess movies though

Mother Knows Best is the only song I remember from Tangled lol.

same lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom