• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
there is no one wanna see me naked

I do!

This was my worry too when I was doing cam stuff. :x seen that shit happen too often

Wait really? I thought I was just being paranoid...

Don't do it. It's 2014, people can find you easily on internet.

:(

You don't have to, people usually don't anyway. I'm just happy that my sunglasses are large enough that they obscure most of my defining facial features, otherwise I look like any another generic horny teen on cam so.

None of the chat sites that I've used seemed to be very active anyway. It was usually just the same 10 people over and over again. What sites did/do you use?

KiN0

I had a really awkward conversation with my dad today. He's mildly homophobic and today he seemed determined to talk me out of any interest in men. It was unsettling.

Ties

Banned
None of the chat sites that I've used seemed to be very active anyway. It was usually just the same 10 people over and over again. What sites did/do you use?
PM'd. :)

Also CornBurrito, Atlantis reminded me that you were trying to get into DOTA at one point. You still trying to get the hang of things or did you abandon?

daripad

My father told me through my teens that I shouldn't accept any offer for gay sex, that homosexuals jjust wanted to use me, etc. lol I was so obese, I don't know how anybody would want me at that time

Ties

Banned
I had a really awkward conversation with my dad today. He's mildly homophobic and today he seemed determined to talk me out of any interest in men. It was unsettling.

My father told me through my teens that I shouldn't accept any offer for gay sex, that homosexuals jjust wanted to use me, etc. lol I was so obese, I don't know how anybody would want me at that time
My father is tolerant of my sexuality most of the time but when we get in an argument over something he always uses it as an insult against me. As if me liking peen invalidates anything that I have to say...

Mostly been playing other games or doing school work. But still interested in learning!
Awesome!

Whenever you're free you should add me on Steam so we could play sometimes. I'm pretty knowledgeable about most of the roles/heroes in the game so I can help you out a bit.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/robynhoodfenty/

And I'm noticing that the gays around my age are starting to notice the increasingly high standards there are in the gay community. Some people attempt to conform to the "gay standard of beauty" by working themselves out, taking steroids, going on unhealthy diets, etc. in order to "no longer feel alone," but this is most likely a symptom of how relatively young the gay community is in terms of exploring sex. Decades prior gay men were basically all deprived of any sexual activity unless they resided in one of the more "developed" gay communities. It's good to see that the LGBT community as a whole is becoming more and more accepted by the populace though, it allows for more sexual experiences for gay men. ~

Sometimes I think not having a place in the traditional moral framework can create a space for a kind of hedonic excess. It's not that the traditional western perspective on 'sexual morality' is healthy (I don't think it is) or that sex-positivity is a bad thing (it certainly isn't in my opinion), more that it seems to leave a kind of ideological void, and that actual sex-positivity seems to involve a more thoughtful cultural shift.

Ties

Banned
Sometimes I think not having a place in the traditional moral framework can create a space for a kind of hedonic excess. It's not that the traditional western perspective on 'sexual morality' is healthy (I don't think it is) or that sex-positivity is a bad thing (it certainly isn't in my opinion), more that it seems to leave a kind of ideological void, and that actual sex-positivity seems to involve a more thoughtful cultural shift.
Very well put. Basically what I wanted to say but you stated it far more eloquently than I!

KiN0

that sounds terrible, coming out is worse enough

Well, I'm not sure if this is worse but I feel as though he only said those as a reaction to the fact that I have two gay uncles, and that somehow I will follow their example and be turned gay. It also doesn't help that I've never had a girlfriend(or boyfriend) which just happens to fuel his paranoia.

Grakl

Well, I'm not sure if this is worse but I feel as though he only said those as a reaction to the fact that I have two gay uncles, and that somehow I will follow their example and be turned gay. It also doesn't help that I've never had a girlfriend(or boyfriend) which just happens to fuel his paranoia.
oh, you aren't out? and I have a gay uncle, it's kind of weird, hah

I also don't think I'll live to see that, lol.

It's going to be ages before a "family friendly" production from Disney revolves around a homosexual couple.

They recently had their first same-sex couple on one of their sitcoms, so baby steps are being made.

lol
I was just about to mention that.

Believe it or not, Disney is incredibly LGBT friendly and I'm also pretty sure that they have a good number of talented LGBT people (young and old) working at their premier animation studios (Disney Animation Studios and Pixar)
I would not be surprised if we get more than a few Disney characters/couples that are handled like that one teenager/protagonist (spoiler/payoff for a great movie long joke that isn't at the expense of the LGBT character) from Paranorman in the next couple of years.

I want my animated adaptation of "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" Disney!
:p

Hige

And regarding the cam to cam thing:
I've went on one once or twice on a chatroulette-esque site that primarily caters to gays. I maintain my anonymity of course and it's nothing like sex at all but I'd say it helped me out to rub one with someone else, I guess. It's not for everyone.
Be careful with cam sites, guys. I remember a while back I saw a site that placed photos from chatroulette onto a google map that gave you an approximate location based on the person's IP address. People from your local area could potentially recognize you even if you try to obscure your face with sunglasses or whatever. I'm not sure if it's still possible to do that with chatroulette anymore, but similar sites might have the same issue.

This is why i refuse to officaily come out to my parents i cant aford to lose them. i tried tellling em i was bi at 16 but they would not except it so i told them i was straight and i was just confused. They still believe that i'm straight to this day.

GCX

If anything, I became closer with my parents once I came out to them. It's probably because I tried to somewhat distance myself from them as a teen since I didn't know how they'd react.

Once I told mom and dad I was gay, being with them started to feel a lot more natural. We call each other a number of times each week, they ask how me and my bf are doing and other everyday stuff like that. All in all they're awesome parents and in retrospect I have no idea why I was so scared as a teen they'd abandon me forever.

What I'm trying to say is that while it may seem that you're parents will be harsh and judging about your coming out, they'll probably be okay with it in time. It may come as a shock for them at first but they'll understand eventually. After all, they're your parents.

Vashetti

Banned
If anything, I became closer with my parents once I came out to them. It's probably because I tried to somewhat distance myself from them as a teen since I didn't know how they'd react.

Once I told mom and dad I was gay, being with them started to feel a lot more natural. We call each other a number of times each week, they ask how me and my bf are doing and other everyday stuff like that. All in all they're awesome parents and in retrospect I have no idea why I was so scared as a teen they'd abandon me forever.

What I'm trying to say is that while it may seem that you're parents will be harsh and judging about your coming out, they'll probably be okay with it in time. It may come as a shock for them at first but they'll understand eventually. After all, they're your parents.

Sadly this is not always the case. Many parents abandon their children when they find out they're gay. It's awful but it does happen.

I was very lucky to have tolerant and loving parents who didn't give a fuck what sexuality I was.

Sevarus

Are you in a relationship or do you simply like her? I'm in a LDR, 521 miles. He's a canuck while im in the states. A little over the year. It has its ups and downs, but whenever we're together its great, so plan for that. And look forward to that. :)

Just got to read this now. I have no idea what we are at the moment; I'm trying not to over-think it and just go with the flow. Originally, she was coming up to my area in December for something job-related and we were planning on just hanging out (read: casual sex) for a few days then.

Then we started talking all the time and things seem to be progressing. She makes quite a bit of money, so plane tickets are not really an issue for her; yesterday she was discussing potentially paying me a visit ahead of schedule, but then she had to stop the conversation to do something work-related, so I'm not sure what the timeline is.

I don't think either of could do a monogamous LDR for any serious duration. I think we'll just see where things go and cross that bridge if and when we get to it. Her current job (and my eventual one) will let her work in basically any country she wants, so there's that. I'm just going to enjoy things as they are.

It's weird to think that no one is gay, or at least out, in my family. They all 'seem' straight, and I don't expect anyone to be hiding it. I wouldn't know how I would feel if I had a gay aunt or uncle.

Kater

Banned
I have a question, somewhat related to the topic at hand.
Are there any good books on the Psychology of Homophobia (or Sexual Prejudice in general)?
Would like to read more about the reasons why exactly people react with disgust to other people who have a different sort of sexual orientation.

Dead Man

Are there any good books on the Psychology of Homophobia (or Sexual Prejudice in general)?
Would like to read more about the reasons why exactly people react with disgust to other people who have a different sort of sexual orientation.

Mumei has a comprehensive list, I'm sure, might be worth a PM if he doesn't see your post. Apologies for dropping it on you Mumei :)

Mumei

Maybe Homophobia: A History, Homophobic Bullying: Research and Theoretical Perspectives, or Dude, You're A Fag: Masculinity and Sexuality in High School would help. I've only read the last one (definitely recommend!); the other two may or may not be useful to you.

Kater

Banned
Maybe Homophobia: A History, Homophobic Bullying: Research and Theoretical Perspectives, or Dude, You're A Fag: Masculinity and Sexuality in High School would help. I've only read the last one (definitely recommend!); the other two may or may not be useful to you.

Thank you for the recommendations, Mumei. :)
I have to look up the book descriptions but I think I'm mostly interested in why it is that many parents can't accept the homo- or bisexuality of their child.
The last one that you mentioned sounds interesting from the title alone though, even if its not directly what I'm looking for. Because I saw a lot of homophobia in my school and it's probably good to know what that is linked to, why homophobia is so much more concentrated in schools than anywhere else.

why homophobia is so much more concentrated in schools than anywhere else.

Having only very limited knowledge, my hypothesis (and take this with a grain of salt) is that developing children are more susceptible to group think and peer pressure than adults. Maybe because of age, or because very rarely do you get a consistent (5 days a week). and large grouping of people with similar social statuses (socioeconomic class, age, etc...).

What the fuck is wrong with him?

From what I can gather (from internet message boards, take with grain of salt) an old idea that has since fallen out of favor is that older gay men would target young and confused teens. Then seduce them, and take advantage of them sexually. Which in turn would make the young/confused teen gay.

red13th

Just saw this NSFW photoshoot of a random hot Brazilian in Rio that looks just like a guy from my gym.

9htBcRV.jpg

(google Paulo Wilker, there's some nudity so no links)

RM8

I mostly like his face and the fact that he's nuts, though :3 It doesn't hurt that he has a nice looking physique, of course.

@Uber buff guy: Not my type at all. Definitely a case of too big.

On the other hand, I still think Mustang Wanted is unreasonably attractive:

While I very much enjoy that degree of definition, I must say that I thought the very first image was computer generated (be it reasonably or unreasonably, it reminded me of "Infamous Second Sons"). I very much have a preference for 'twink' builds and very much like him as a result.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Be careful with cam sites, guys. I remember a while back I saw a site that placed photos from chatroulette onto a google map that gave you an approximate location based on the person's IP address. People from your local area could potentially recognize you even if you try to obscure your face with sunglasses or whatever. I'm not sure if it's still possible to do that with chatroulette anymore, but similar sites might have the same issue.

0UYTl4q.gif

Kater

Banned
@Uber buff guy: Not my type at all. Definitely a case of too big.

On the other hand, I still think Mustang Wanted is unreasonably attractive:

There is a difference between being nuts and desiring a horrible death. That guy falls into category two, in my opinion. :p

daripad

I just came here to say that El_Gato is a wonderful person. I'm grateful with him. I haven't seen him IRL but I can see how well intentioned he is. Thanks Gato, you made my day today :)

Mumei

Thank you for the recommendations, Mumei. :)
I have to look up the book descriptions but I think I'm mostly interested in why it is that many parents can't accept the homo- or bisexuality of their child.
The last one that you mentioned sounds interesting from the title alone though, even if its not directly what I'm looking for. Because I saw a lot of homophobia in my school and it's probably good to know what that is linked to, why homophobia is so much more concentrated in schools than anywhere else.

Maybe this? I haven't read much of anything about the psychology of homophobia in parents, but maybe you'd glean some insights from reading parents talk about their reactions.

All the work I've done to shut it off.
All the hours I've spent locking it away.
Mentally fatigued and drained.
I let all my progress be dashed!

Years have gone by since the last time.
I'd hardened my heart so as not to be hurt.
And then it all came crashing down.
Mortar and brick, smashed!

The weapon, smiles and jokes, warmth.
I let it flood through me.
So starved I was! No...
Maybe thirsty at best.

I told myself I wouldn't let this happen again.
Think of your heart, think of your sanity!
But no, emotions will not be held in check.
I am but a reed among a tempest.

Soft and sweet, their gazes were ignored.
Lovely and fragrant, a simple hello was enough.
No! Strength and power caught my eye.
Edges, not curves are that I see.

But only from one individual.
Do I feel the desire for intimacy.
Get real, it cannot be!
FLEE!

Lovely ladies, vying for my attention.
No moves have been made.
His smile is my intention.

Jesus fuck. I'm lost.
How much sanity, will it cost?
The last time this happened my heart hurt for so long.
Can someone please stage an intervention?

-J

2ASjr22.gif

mantidor

Let it go is officially Disney's gayest song ever after I heard it in the gay club last night as a remix.

And I really like buff guys, it's unfortunate they often don't come with good personalities as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom