• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

I was talking with a friend about it the other day, we wondered whether we'd see Disney make a film about a same sex couple, she doubts it'll happen in our lifetime. Hopefully it won't take that long.
I also don't think I'll live to see that, lol.

It's going to be ages before a "family friendly" production from Disney revolves around a homosexual couple.

KiN0

I think it could happen in maybe 20-30 years. As the current generation is much more open minded and with gay rights being very popular right now it could just be a matter of waiting until the older generation dies off.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
hmm, I really don't see frozen as being a departure for them. i would like to see fewer princess movies though

Most of the problems the movie had stems from them trying to shoehorn in traditional Disney elements (Prince-Princess pairings, clear-cut antagonists, mascot characters) when they were entirely irrelevant to the narrative focus: the bond between sisters/siblings. This says to me that they tried to go for a different kind of story with Frozen, but chickened out at the last second and started ticking off checkboxes in order to appease some stockholders/execs. If you ever wondered why Frozen felt so much less cohesive than Tangled, it was because 70% of the cast were hanging around doing nothing of importance.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Most of the problems the movie had stems from them trying to shoehorn in traditional Disney elements (Prince-Princess pairings, clear-cut antagonists, mascot characters) when they were entirely irrelevant to the narrative focus: the bond between sisters/siblings. This says to me that they tried to go for a different kind of story with Frozen, but chickened out at the last second and started ticking off checkboxes in order to appease some stockholders/execs. If you ever wondered why Frozen felt so much less cohesive than Tangled, it was because 70% of the cast were hanging around doing nothing of importance.

hm i guess. which is weird cause the original snow queen book is way different and would have made for a much more interesting movie

RM8

The Japanese name アナと雪の女王 (Anna and the Snow Queen) is much better, BTW. I don't like titles like Frozen or Tangled.

In Spanish they just made it longer: Frozen: Una Aventura Congelada (A Frozen Adventure) which is pretty terrible.

They recently had their first same-sex couple on one of their sitcoms, so baby steps are being made.
It might happen after all, I guess :p

Mother knows best reverberated around my house. My mom is always singing it.

I also liked "Do you wanna build a snowman" from Frozen and "Let it Go". The rest of the movie? Not so much.

royalan

To the sexually active in here...

How do you handle long dry spells?

Me? Its been almost six months...and I'm literally going insane I feel.
I masturbate 3 times a day, which is a bit much for me.
And whenever I have a moment of free time it's pretty all I can think about, to the point that it's actually distracting.

Why so long? I've just been so busy. I know one guy who is definitely interested, but he's also wanting more than just sex, so I'd feel like an asshole for going there with him knowing he wants more than I'm willing to give. I also have two casual friends that I have sexual chemistry with and have been known to dabble, but one moved to the suburbs, and the other is just as busy as me. We just can't seem to get our schedules to sync up

I'm freaking, because I only just thought about the time and how long its been...UGH

It's been much longer for me (four years) and it's not a problem at all. I am not actively seeking a relationship, but if an opportunity arises then I would like the companionship.

royalan

It's been much longer for me (four years) and it's not a problem at all. I am not actively seeking a relationship, but if an opportunity arises then I would like the companionship.

But I'm not talking about a relationship.

I'm talking about getting rocked.

My bussy pounded.

Getting it beat out the frame.

Needing to hit up Ikea for a new bed frame.

I don't need a relationship for that. But right I just can't believe it has been as long as it has. Like, part of me is CRAVING sex right now, but another part if wondering why I just haven't gotten any. It shouldn't be hard. I mean, if I really wanted to, I should be able to make it work with my schedule. But I haven't. And then I wonder if it's depression.

:(

Kater

Banned

My bussy pounded.

I don't need a relationship for that. But right I just can't believe it has been as long as it has. Like, part of me is CRAVING sex right now, but another part if wondering why I just haven't gotten any. It shouldn't be hard. I mean, if I really wanted to, I should be able to make it work with my schedule. But I haven't. And then I wonder if it's depression.

1.: Damn. :D

2.: Could be, would be wise to seek some sort of therapy if that is the case.

And to your question, masturbation or looking at cute guy gifs tumblr really helps
making you even thirstier

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

I masturbate 3 times a day, which is a bit much for me.
And whenever I have a moment of free time it's pretty all I can think about, to the point that it's actually distracting.

Why so long? I've just been so busy. I know one guy who is definitely interested, but he's also wanting more than just sex, so I'd feel like an asshole for going there with him knowing he wants more than I'm willing to give. I also have two casual friends that I have sexual chemistry with and have been known to dabble, but one moved to the suburbs, and the other is just as busy as me. We just can't seem to get our schedules to sync up

I'm freaking, because I only just thought about the time and how long its been...UGH

isnt this why grindr was invented

Haly

grindr was literally made for the bounding of bussies.

daripad

I guess Grindr is the wrong place to start looking for friends though, I guess? From what I know of it it is basically like GayRomeo here, it's just a hookup site.

I personally found more friends via Facebook and forums than through a hookup site. :/

Yeah, it seems that I just found one person that just wants a friendship, the rest of them want something else :V. And just found someone I know, shit.

Volunteering with some lbgt group is probably a better way to meet people.

There is no such thing here :/

Don't give up, I've heard of people finding friends on these apps/sites. Make sure it says on your profile that you're looking for friends to hang out with and not date. Try others apps/sites as well.

I'll give it a week or two. I'm just curious, so is not like I'm putting a lot of effort on finding friends, but I'll remain optimistic for these days

Achtius

What happens when you make some friends and they realize the person in the picture isn't you.

kinda like catfishing, but in a platonic way.

Caladrius

I'm in a rather uncomfortable spot at the moment.

I want to get together with my friend before I have to move.

The thing is I haven't told him I was moving at the end of next month yet because I didn't want to guilt-trip him into hanging out with me.

So is there any tactful way to resolve this or am I just going to have to awkwardly drop it in person?

royalan

1.: Damn. :D

2.: Could be, would be wise to seek some sort of therapy if that is the case.

And to your question, masturbation or looking at cute guy gifs tumblr really helps
making you even thirstier

A friend of mine recently suggested I might be depressed...which is strange to me, because I'm actually in a good place in my life and quite happy. Or at least I think I am. Only when I'm in these moods do I think he might have a point.

Bussy = Boy + Pussy

It's a grotesque term, I admit. But it's the most fitting for how badly I want to get stuffed at the moment. And yet, I don't feel up to actually making it happen.

bitch i YELPED HOLLERED SCREAMED at this part

girl you're in the same predicament i'm in right now, get into cam 2 cam a bit

for now

How do you initiate that?

isnt this why grindr was invented

Grindr has really died out lately. It's all about Jack'd

Sai-kun

Banned

My bussy pounded.

i've got a connect at ikea just lemme know what u need

crying and then using my tears as lubricant feels really great

Ties

Banned
A friend of mine recently suggested I might be depressed...which is strange to me, because I'm actually in a good place in my life and quite happy. Or at least I think I am. Only when I'm in these moods do I think he might have a point.

Bussy = Boy + Pussy

It's a grotesque term, I admit. But it's the most fitting for how badly I want to get stuffed at the moment. And yet, I don't feel up to actually making it happen.

How do you initiate that?

Well, what did your friend notice in your behavior? From what you're telling us your sex drive hasn't really taken a toll, and depression typically curbs a person's libido, not vice versa. It's probably something else, be it a lack of available time or whatever. I don't know much about your situation to really provide any solid feedback with this, but I'll just echo what everyone else is saying in this thread: Use a social networking app to stimulate yourself. Being sexually frustrated for an extended period of time isn't going to benefit you. And TBH girl, I've seen your avatar during Real Pic January and you could get some good dick. Better WORK bitch.
511uGmw.gif

And regarding the cam to cam thing:
I've went on one once or twice on a chatroulette-esque site that primarily caters to gays. I maintain my anonymity of course and it's nothing like sex at all but I'd say it helped me out to rub one with someone else, I guess. It's not for everyone.

What is for everyone though is Jack'd. As a student in web design, the layout shits all over Grindr, the notification system actually works, and the amount of features available are essentially what a Grindr premium account would give you. I generally noticed in my area that guys on Jack'd are not as sleazy as those on Grindr, so if you're looking for something more than just a hookup as well then it's probably your best bet outside of e-dating sites like OKCupid or Plenty of Fish.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

In that case, just Jack'd!

And regarding the cam to cam thing:
I've went on one once or twice on a chatroulette-esque site that primarily caters to gays. I maintain my anonymity of course and it's nothing like sex at all but I'd say it helped me out to rub one with someone else, I guess. It's not for everyone.

Did you do it face to face first, or were you just a disembodied cock from the outset?

Achtius

they probably will. but man you guys are brave...

there is 0 chance i would do something like that. (also there is no one wanna see me naked)

royalan

Well, what did your friend notice in your behavior? From what you're telling us your sex drive hasn't really taken a toll, and depression typically curbs a person's libido, not vice versa. It's probably something else, be it a lack of available time or whatever. I don't know much about your situation to really provide any solid feedback with this, but I'll just echo what everyone else is saying in this thread: Use a social networking app to stimulate yourself. Being sexually frustrated for an extended period of time isn't going to benefit you. And TBH girl, I've seen your avatar during Real Pic January and you could get some good dick. Better WORK bitch.
511uGmw.gif

Thanks, sis. :)

It's just...do you know what it is? So, I'll have these moments of EXTREME horniness, like now. But say for instance a friend of mine hit me up right now to "chill" (and I have several friends in my circle that I'm comfortable enough with to have sex with them and not have it not threaten the friendship. I'm lucky to have friends with very straight-forward views on sex), and instead of inviting them over, I'll think of every excuse in the book not to. That's where the "too busy" comes in. Of course, I'm not REALLY that busy. Right at this moment, I'm just sitting at home, watching TV and enjoying a night in. My one roommate is out of town and the other is in her room asleep. This would be the PERFECT time to invite some dick over...and yet I can't seem to...but I'm INCREDIBLY sexually frustrated. I don't understand it.

Also, all this talk of Grindr and Jack'd...does anyone use A4A anymore? I got some gooood dick off A4A back in the day. I know Manhunt has been dead to most people...

Ties

Banned
Thanks, sis. :)

It's just...do you know what it is? So, I'll have these moments of EXTREME horniness, like now. But say for instance a friend of mine hit me up right now to "chill" (and I have several friends in my circle that I'm comfortable enough with to have sex with them and not have it not threaten the friendship. I'm lucky to have friends with very straight-forward views on sex), and instead of inviting them over, I'll think of every excuse in the book not to. That's where the "too busy" comes in. Of course, I'm not REALLY that busy. Right at this moment, I'm just sitting at home, watching TV and enjoying a night in. My one roommate is out of town and the other is in her room asleep. This would be the PERFECT time to invite some dick over...and yet I can't seem to...but I'm INCREDIBLY sexually frustrated. I don't understand it.

Also, all this talk of Grindr and Jack'd...does anyone use A4A anymore? I got some gooood dick off A4A back in the day. I know Manhunt has been dead to most people...
When my ex broke up with me I came out of it sexually frustrated as fuck. I was generally horny all of the time, I was pretty happy with myself, etc. but no matter how much someone wanted to actually do something with me physically I always backed off because I felt kind of… disgusting for a lack of a better term. It was a really weird time in my life that I couldn't really explain, I was probably really stressed out about something going on and I projected that into my sex life. IDK. It tends to pass though.

Adam4Adam is pretty outdated layout wise as well. The only reason the gay social apps keep getting replaced with the hot new things is because the updates don't hold up in comparison to modern design standards. I haven't seen very many people in my area on Adam4Adam, the closest person is approx. 5 miles away. I live Vegas as well, so it's pretty indicative that everyone ditched it for either Grindr or Jack'd.
I'm too scared to show my face. I'm always afraid that they're recording it and then will try to blackmail me later somehow.
You don't have to, people usually don't anyway. I'm just happy that my sunglasses are large enough that they obscure most of my defining facial features, otherwise I look like any another generic horny teen on cam so.

When my ex broke up with me I came out of it sexually frustrated as fuck. I was generally horny all of the time, I was pretty happy with myself, etc. but no matter how much someone wanted to actually do something with me physically I always backed off because I felt kind of… disgusting for a lack of a better term. It was a really weird time in my life that I couldn't really explain, I was probably really stressed out about something going on and I projected that into my sex life. IDK. It tends to pass though.

Adam4Adam is pretty outdated layout wise as well. The only reason the gay social apps keep getting replaced with the hot new things is because the updates don't hold up in comparison to modern design standards. I haven't seen very many people in my area on Adam4Adam, the closest person is approx. 5 miles away. I live Vegas as well, so it's pretty indicative that everyone ditched it for either Grindr or Jack'd.

Really? I thought it was because the LGBT community is notoriously fickle.

Haly

Sue for discrimination using Obummer's new gay protection laws.

ez monis

Ties

Banned
Really? I thought it was because the LGBT community is notoriously fickle.
I don't really think that's really a factor to take into consideration when it comes to the popularity of certain hookup apps. It's very much like how smartphone games come and go depending on whether they're trending or not. Angry Birds -> Temple Run -> Flappy Bird, it's part of the cycle. An app developer can maintain the userbase on some layout changes, but the degradation of the number of active accounts on the app is inevitable imo.

And I'm noticing that the gays around my age are starting to notice the increasingly high standards there are in the gay community. Some people attempt to conform to the "gay standard of beauty" by working themselves out, taking steroids, going on unhealthy diets, etc. in order to "no longer feel alone," but this is most likely a symptom of how relatively young the gay community is in terms of exploring sex. Decades prior gay men were basically all deprived of any sexual activity unless they resided in one of the more "developed" gay communities. It's good to see that the LGBT community as a whole is becoming more and more accepted by the populace though, it allows for more sexual experiences for gay men. ~

I don't really think that's really a factor to take into consideration when it comes to the popularity of certain hookup apps. It's very much like how smartphone games come and go depending on whether they're trending or not. Angry Birds -> Temple Run -> Flappy Bird, it's part of the cycle. An app developer can maintain the userbase on some layout changes, but the degradation of the number of active accounts on the app is inevitable imo.

And I'm noticing that the gays around my age are starting to notice the increasingly high standards there are in the gay community. Some people attempt to conform to the "gay standard of beauty" by working themselves out, taking steroids, going on unhealthy diets, etc. in order to "no longer feel alone," but this is most likely a symptom of how relatively young the gay community is in terms of exploring sex. Decades prior gay men were basically all deprived of any sexual activity unless they resided in one of the more "developed" gay communities. It's good to see that the LGBT community as a whole is becoming more and more accepted by the populace though, it allows for more sexual experiences for gay men. ~

Can't say I agree with that. The gay community has always been fickle, willing to latch on any new fad that comes around in any decade. There's a reason that the stereotype of the gay working in the fashion industry or what have you exists. We tend to gravitate towards the trendy industries that will one day like one thing and the next day not as careers. It's just the same with gay "dating" apps.

Ties

Banned
Can't say I agree with that. The gay community has always been fickle, willing to latch on any new fad that comes around in any decade. There's a reason that the stereotype of the gay working in the fashion industry or what have you exists. We tend to gravitate towards the trendy industries that will one day like one thing and the next day not as careers. It's just the same with gay "dating" apps.
I don't know about that.

People, in general, latch onto the latest new thing. It's not something that is purely exclusive to gays.

Ties

Banned
No it's not exclusive to us but we are more likely to be that way.
I think it's really harmful to use stereotypes to justify behaviors that certain individuals may exhibit. I'm sure you can argue that we're more likely to be that way, but there's so much more nuance that is missing by simply stating as such. It's on the level of "most minorities tend to be lazy because they're more likely to be economically deprived!" imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom