• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiffany Pollard from I Love New York.

The queen of gifs
TIFFANY_POLLARD_11.gif
giphy.gif

Do I have to watch the other two first or just go to the third movie?
The first two are pretty much the TV series in movie form, but with some things cut, some new scenes (but not many), nicer art at times, added effects, different pacing, and some new/different music. Overall, 90-95% felt identical, so it would be a retread that would most likely bore you. (I appreciated watching it a year later right before I watched the 3rd movie, though.)

TLDR;
The 3rd movie is completely new material. You do not have to watch the first two if you've watched the TV series.
Tiffany Pollard from I Love New York.
Well, now I feel bad.
I thought she was a drag queen with that sass, wig, and makeup.

The first two are pretty much the TV series in movie form, but with some things cut, some new scenes (but not many), nicer art at times, added effects, different pacing, and some new/different music. Overall, 90-95% felt identical, so it would be a retread that would most likely bore you. (I appreciated watching it a year later right before I watched the 3rd movie, though.)

TLDR;
The 3rd movie is completely new material. You do not have to watch the first two if you've watched the TV series.
Well, now I feel bad.
I thought she was a drag queen with that sass, wig, and makeup.

Thanks for the info and don't feel too bad. I remember seeing her for the first time and thought she looked familiar and then it hit me.
hD724238D

RM8

Starter wars are nothing but shouting that somebody's piece of junk is better than someone else's piece of junk. Prove me wrong.
Spoiler: You might be taking it a bit more seriously than us :p

Chespin > Froakie
Greninja > Chesnaught

Also guys did I miss the memo or is "eat a sandwich, dude" more offensive than I remember it being
I have been told to gain weight plenty of times, it's more annoying than it is offensive IMO.

daripad

I have to admit that Chespin looks better than Froakie on the 3DS. But Greninja is miles better than Chesnaut in any way, even Greninja could win a battle against Chesnaut and Greninja is very useful in competitive Pokemon.

Casanova has a very wrong opinion today lol
Grakl is still the king of wrong opinions though

So I've been seeing this older guy that I mentioned at the beginning of the thread(well, just 5 years older than me at most) and I haven't noticed any sign of him being gay. I saw him doing something to a girl though (playing with her dress) so I guess he is straight. But then I stare a bit at him and he doesn't feel awkwardness for it (or he doesn't express it or haven't noticed that I do it lol). I'll try to bring more conversations with him but he is usually busy so I don't have much time to interact with him. Oh well, I don't feel like doing anything at all though, even if he likes men he wouldn't consider me, he is too much cuteness for me.

Grakl

I have to admit that Chespin looks better than Froakie on the 3DS. But Greninja is miles better than Chesnaut in any way, even Greninja could win a battle against Chesnaut and Greninja is very useful in competitive Pokemon.

Casanova has a very wrong opinion today lol
Grakl is still the king of wrong opinions though

actually, I'm sure you are the king of wrong opinions, I'd bet money on it

I'm sassy (gliscor) so you can't argue

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
#TeamGen5
Until Nintendo fixes their DRM and Online

Re: this game and a certain character everyone is probably aware of, what is GayGAF's impression of
Tatsumi Kanji
?

Jun Kurosu was
here and queer before is was cool. And, unlike Kanji, Jun was a viable romance option.
Now watch the 3rd movie for a true mindfuck.
Liked the series, but I heard the third movie, specifically the ending, was extremely stupid.

If you want a magical girl series recommendation, just watch Revolutionary Girl Utena. It's longer and weirder than Madoka, but def worth a shot. It even has lesbian/bi-female representation.

If you want a magical girl series recommendation, just watch Revolutionary Girl Utena. It's longer and weirder than Madoka, but def worth a shot. It even has lesbian/bi-female representation.

Also way more substantial in terms of like literary themes and symbolism and stuff, while still being really accessible due to like postmodernism or operating on multiple registers (like 'high culture' and 'low culture' or whatever). It's probably the best anime.

I guess I just haven't considered the offensive implications because I've been a pudgemaster 3000 all my life.

Yo gaymengaftumblr mods, check your submissions thing. The spread eagle has landed.

Also way more substantial in terms of like literary themes and symbolism and stuff, while still being really accessible due to like postmodernism or operating on multiple registers (like 'high culture' and 'low culture' or whatever). It's probably the best anime.

The best part, outside of some of the character arcs(especially
Juri's
).

Speaking of Pokemon i spent a ton of time wonder trading today and got Some greats, Turtwig, Oshawott, treecko, Porygon and totodile :3
I also got a good amount of other spares especially starter pokemon so if anyone wants some starter spares PM me your friend code and back :p

Also i started watching Penguindrum mostly cause Of Sagi usually posting gifs and his avis with the penguin lol. Thought i'd give it a shot and now i gotta watch more lol.

And me and my hubby watched Magical madoka too which has a really inrgeguing plot so far. Wondering what will end up happening next lol.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yeah, really nsfw links usually don't get a pass even if they're hidden and labeled. On the other hand, Communities get away with a lot, and the more obscure the more they can get away with.

That said...

Got DAN

Liked the series, but I heard the third movie, specifically the ending, was extremely stupid.

It even has lesbian/bi-female representation.
On that topic, the 3rd movie had a lot of shoujo-ai, for some reason. Like...it was very prominent. More so than the series seemed to ever imply. In fact, they pretty much revolve the whole premise of the movie around it, and is a key point that has, in a sense, driven the future of the series in an entirely different direction. Sort of.

But yes, the ending was...something. I'd almost say that it undid a lot of previous stuff and change a lot, and doesn't really make entire sense, but I guess the motivation behind it kind of does given everything the characters go through.

It has some beautiful art and some crazy scenes, though, so it's still worth a watch for any fans, at least.

Alrus

Just saw Madoka Magica for the first time and wow what a dark magical girl anime. I loved it despite there only being 12 episodes.

Watched it recently too, I loved it though I have some small issues with the plot. Very enjoyable overall.
Poor Homura :(

Need to watch the movie some day, is it going to be up for legal streaming some day?

Anyone here try to watch DTLA? I got caught off guard craving more of HBO's Looking, so I figured I'd check this one out until episode 2 arrives. It seems really...low-rent, with some wonky acting. But, IT HAS NEW YORK and Danny Roberts, so I'm compelled to keep watching.

MarkusRJR

So I'm trying to find an entry level full time job to save up money for school but basically all of them require a year of experience. How the hell is that an entry level job then?

So annoyed.

Oh yeah and Team Chespin all the way.

Dead Man

So I'm trying to find an entry level full time job to save up money for school but basically all of them require a year of experience. How the hell is that an entry level job then?

So annoyed.

Oh yeah and Team Chespin all the way.

Ain't it awesome? In Australia for some entry level jobs you can pay people under 21 years of age less than the normal minimum. Try getting an entry level job then when you are older :/ Unemployment sucks. And not in a good way.

Kater

Banned
Is it too late to do Real Pic January ?
(well it's still January so I guess not)
I don't want to post it on the RPJ OT since it's gotten more like a small community in itself. Plus I now feel comfortable enough to post my face on this welcoming thread !

gjxr.jpg

I just received this Earthbound hoodie. Quite simple actually, but perfect to hang out around the house !
You look cute!
Don't know if I participate in RPJ since my mobile phone is dead and I cant find my photo camera anymore. :/

And thanks to your Hoodie I remembered that I have to play Earthbound sometime in the future, whenever I find the time between all those games that release in 2014.

7threst

Is it too late to do Real Pic January ?
(well it's still January so I guess not)
I don't want to post it on the RPJ OT since it's gotten more like a small community in itself. Plus I now feel comfortable enough to post my face on this welcoming thread !

gjxr.jpg

I just received this Earthbound hoodie. Quite simple actually, but perfect to hang out around the house !

You are one handsome fellow. Men with beards are sexy as fuck imo! Also, the sweater rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom