• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the similarities to his sister.

He is really handsome though.

In some pictures they look more alike that others.

These ones in particular, I find, see them have an uncanny resemblance of one another.
tdK1Ks4.png

GBmy5pT.png

In others, particularly when Alex is on his own and has his hair styled in some manner, the resemblance isn't as strong. The main feature which separates them is his jawline and chin being much more pronounced and sharper than hers his, but the shape of their eyes, nose, and mouth are quite similar I feel.

EDIT: Oh I see you've searched more. I would agree that their eyebrows are also similar.

EDIT 2: Also I love Donal Skehan.

Kater

Banned
The similarities are definitely more noticeable when they stand next to each other. (I looked up pictures of them individually, that means I searched for Emma Watson and then Alex Watson.)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Emma makes a better boy than her brother.

I wonder how he feels about this.

Haly

If my bed only had one spot left I'd kick Emma's bro without a second's thought.

Haly

Wait wait wait, I could also get out of the bed myself and then just watch them from the floor.

Hrmmmmm.

Kater

Banned
I always wondered how people do make such perfect smoke puffs.

And no, I haven't listened to this musicians work, ever. But I am open to give it a try!

Ties

Banned
I always wondered how people do make such perfect smoke puffs.

And no, I haven't listened to this musicians work, ever. But I am open to give it a try!
Start off with Two Weeks. It's her most accessible track.

If you like that go through her earlier stuff.
Water Me
Papi Pacify
Both are part of her first two EPs, EP1 and EP2.

I'm also partial to her collaboration with inc. :

Untitled.

Of course, her debut album leaked a couple of days ago so I'd give that a listen as well.

Vitanimus

I've been following her since day 1 and she's pretty fantastic. I'm happy that she's gaining traction in the industry because she has the talent and the image to blow up.

It's only a matter of time.

I only really heard of her when her music video for Water Me dropped, and even then it took me a few months to sit down with EP2 and digest it. Then she kinda dropped off for me until she dropped the Two Weeks video so I dunno if she's just generally inactive or I've just been missing all of the good stuff .-.

Ties

Banned
She's pretty active in music festivals for the most part, and she does dance for other artists on her downtime. I'm a bit peeved that her label isn't capable of pushing her with a huge campaign, because I genuinely believe she can compete with other acts. I don't want her to forever be stuck in the underground R&B scene.

Kater

Banned
Start off with Two Weeks. It's her most accessible track.

If you like that go through her earlier stuff.
Water Me
Papi Pacify
Both are part of her first two EPs, EP1 and EP2.

I'm also partial to her collaboration with inc. :

Untitled.

Of course, her debut album leaked a couple of days ago so I'd give that a listen as well.

Already watched the Two Weeks video, pretty cool music!

Started the FKA Twigs x Inc. video just now and I like it so far.

Will check out the rest tomorrow evening though, it's already after midnight where I live. :s

Oh, and thanks for listing me some tracks and providing links, I appreciate the effort. :)

FKA Twigs is my everything. Saw her perform live twice last weekend. The album is my favorite album this year so far, can't wait to listen to it proper on vinyl come August.

I only listened to Hounds of Love and The Dreaming, she's pretty awesome.

What should be the next album I listen to?

Honestly, with her (and most artists with a really consistently good output) I just recommend to listen to their discography in chronological order.

Never for Ever precedes those two though, and I really like that one, but honestly she has a really spotless record imo.

edit: and when you listen to Aerial listen to the entire thing in one uninterrupted session. It's meant to be listened to that way and it's so good.

I only listened to Hounds of Love and The Dreaming, she's pretty awesome.

What should be the next album I listen to?

Like umop_3pisdn said, just listen to her discog in order, her quality is really consistent and everything is worth a spin.

My favourite Kate album is pretty much just whichever one I've been listening to lately which, at the moment, is The Dreaming but was previously Lionheart.

I love strange and moody 80s music videos.
:p

Watch the Breathing video then! (or the video for The Dreaming, or Hammer Horror, or....)

But Breathing is such an excellent song. For me there was this moment when I first listened to it and realized what it was actually about and it completely stunned me. So insurrectional and moving and wholesome and tragic ahhH!

And I think she would have been 24 here? She's a goddamn genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom