• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but wonder if my friend is ignoring me.

Maybe I'm just a paranoid asshole.

He might be, but if so the question might be if it means anything or not. I avoid people all the time. When I'm depressed (extreme example) it's usually to shield myself from my own life-negating contempt that I have a way of projecting onto other people. People do things for all kinds of funny reasons, and they may or may not be completely meaningless to you.

Caladrius

:[

He might be, but if so the question might be if it means anything or not. I avoid people all the time. When I'm depressed (extreme example) it's usually to shield myself from my own life-negating contempt that I have a way of projecting onto other people. People do things for all kinds of funny reasons, and they may or may not be completely meaningless to you.

You're right.

I think anxiety is just making me read too much into it.

He's already going to be pissed when he finds out I neglected to tell him I'm moving in 3 weeks. I've got at most two weeks to arrange something with him, and I can hardly get a hold of him to begin with, so I'm really itching to do this. I haven't been with him in person since last year on top of that.

Usually when I'm nervous about other people like this I have a bad habit of pinning things on them (not that I ever tell them that) even when they don't deserve it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Well my straight guy escapades was rather interesting.

if you don't explain within 15 minutes mumei will ban you from the thread. fyi

j8hPYhU.gif

LOCK

Haha I have some old stories in the older LGBT threads. :)

I do have new stories though. But I do not understand why I have trouble finding a real relationship rather than quick flirtations with some random guys. I do place most of the blame on myself, I'm a very cautious person when it comes to love or letting people in, and I know I have to change this. This is my rationale for why I have these amazing situations with "straight guys." I don't know if it is because I appear straight to them and that makes me more "trusting" or luck in general, but I have no problems finding "straight" guys that want to hook up with me.

So story time: a few weeks ago a group of my friends and I went to the beach for a week of fun. Well like most trips this big, friends of friends go as well and you end up not knowing everyone at first. After a few days everyone figured out I was gay if they didn't know, I don't feel the need to proclaim my sexual orientation but I don't hide it either. One of the guys that I didn't know was super cool with me before he realized I was gay and very nice, he had a girlfriend, and when he found out I was gay he cooly said I always wanted a gay friend. So we sort of bonded as friends. One night we all got really drunk and the next day I realized that I had his number in my phone and I had text him stupid stuff, non sexual. We goofed about it the next morning so I played it off. The following night he text me asking if I was sleeping and I said no (cause I was browsing GAF lol), and he said do you want to go get drinks and walk the beach. Well yeah! We get tipsy, we go back to our rooms, he then texts me asking questions like have I done this and that, then ask if I have a bigger dick than him. I was freaking out, but said how can I tell if I've never seen it and he sends me a dick pic. Next thing I do is ask him over to measure side by side, he comes in and plays it cool trying to be all macho and acting like he wants to measure. Well long story short I give him a BJ and let him top me all of 5 mins. We pass out and wake up the next day acting like nothing happened.

I did get a text from him saying that he thought he was bigger lol. I do feel bad for his girlfriend though it seemed rather doomed anyway.

I do have new stories though. But I do not understand why I have trouble finding a real relationship rather than quick flirtations with some random guys. I do place most of the blame on myself, I'm a very cautious person when it comes to love or letting people in, and I know I have to change this. This is my rationale for why I have these amazing situations with "straight guys." I don't know if it is because I appear straight to them and that makes me more "trusting" or luck in general, but I have no problems finding "straight" guys that want to hook up with me.

So story time: a few weeks ago a group of my friends and I went to the beach for a week of fun. Well like most trips this big, friends of friends go as well and you end up not knowing everyone at first. After a few days everyone figured out I was gay if they didn't know, I don't feel the need to proclaim my sexual orientation but I don't hide it either. One of the guys that I didn't know was super cool with me before he realized I was gay and very nice, he had a girlfriend, and when he found out I was gay he cooly said I always wanted a gay friend. So we sort of bonded as friends. One night we all got really drunk and the next day I realized that I had his number in my phone and I had text him stupid stuff, non sexual. We goofed about it the next morning so I played it off. The following night he text me asking if I was sleeping and I said no (cause I was browsing GAF lol), and he said do you want to go get drinks and walk the beach. Well yeah! We get tipsy, we go back to our rooms, he then texts me asking questions like have I done this and that, then ask if I have a bigger dick than him. I was freaking out, but said how can I tell if I've never seen it and he sends me a dick pic. Next thing I do is ask him over to measure side by side, he comes in and plays it cool trying to be all macho and acting like he wants to measure. Well long story short I give him a BJ and let him top me all of 5 mins. We pass out and wake up the next day acting like nothing happened.

I did get a text from him saying that he thought he was bigger lol. I do feel bad for his girlfriend though it seemed rather doomed anyway.

Lol I may be projecting here but I don't think he's straight. Call it a hunch.

LOCK

Lol I may be projecting here but I don't think he's straight. Call it a hunch.
Haha I know. These guys try so had to be completely straight around others, and really having these "straight guys" hitting on me is a turn on.

Though I do think it is possible to have sexual relations with another guy and not be gay. I don't know if this was such a case.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
he then texts me asking questions like have I done this and that, then ask if I have a bigger dick than him. I was freaking out, but said how can I tell if I've never seen it and he sends me a dick pic. Next thing I do is ask him over to measure side by side, he comes in and plays it cool trying to be all macho and acting like he wants to measure.

I did get a text from him saying that he thought he was bigger lol.

who was bigger?

this is of great importance to me

I think anxiety is just making me read too much into it.

He's already going to be pissed when he finds out I neglected to tell him I'm moving in 3 weeks. I've got at most two weeks to arrange something with him, and I can hardly get a hold of him to begin with, so I'm really itching to do this. I haven't been with him in person since last year on top of that.

Usually when I'm nervous about other people like this I have a bad habit of pinning things on them (not that I ever tell them that) even when they don't deserve it.

I sort of do the same thing. I'm pretty good at reading people if they're in front of me, but if they're not my imagination can kind of go crazy. I guess it's that desire to 'be on the same page', not everyone is really socially driven by that tendency, but that plus a degree of insecurity has silence meaning everything and nothing to me at the same time.

If you only had three weeks notice that you were moving, he probably can't be too pissed off that you didn't tell him right away.

Caladrius

OH MY GOD RATSKY HOW COULD YOU PICK A GIF OF THE WRONG TWIN

;)

I sort of do the same thing. I'm pretty good at reading people if they're in front of me, but if they're not my imagination can kind of go crazy. I guess it's that desire to 'be on the same page', not everyone is really socially driven by that tendency, but that plus a degree of insecurity has silence meaning everything and nothing to me at the same time.

If you only had three weeks notice that you were moving, he probably can't be too pissed off that you didn't tell him right away.

That's mostly how I feel. My motivation for it is mostly not wanting to be a nuisance though. I don't want to be around someone if they don't actually like me. I get this feeling a lot of people let me hang with them out of pity.

And...Uhhhhhhhhhh...

The military...may...give you about 4 months notice... (Not that he would know this, but he's smart so he'll probably see right through any false excuses I make.)

I've been meaning to tell him but I keep getting distracted and not thinking to message him. On top of that we usually only talk every 6 weeks or so, so I've been reluctant to drop a bomb on him like that after not talking for that long.

Now that I think about it I deserve to get chewed out for being cowardly like this.

Uhhhhhhhhhh...

The military...may...give you about 4 months notice. (Not that he would know this, but he's smart so he'll probably see right through any false excuses I make.)

I've been meaning to tell him but I keep getting distracted and not thinking to message him. On top of that we usually only talk every 6 weeks or so, so I've been reluctant to drop a bomb on him like that after not talking for that long.

Now that I think about it I deserve to get chewed out for being cowardly like this.

Yeah kind of :p This way he's probably going to feel a bit abandoned, because it will be so sudden to him. He might have felt that way if you told him sooner, too, but then he would've had the time to fully process it.

Not that it's a huge deal, I'd just try to not make it a habit :p

That's mostly how I feel. My motivation for it is mostly not wanting to be a nuisance though. I don't want to be around someone if they don't actually like me. I get this feeling a lot of people let me hang with them out of pity.

I get that too. I probably have a worse habit of reading too much into the smallest things. ("Are you mad at me? If so you can just tell me and I'll leave you alone." [and they're actually fine]). I had a pretty good friend at the start of college that moved across the country, and neither of us are really good at keeping in touch. I sent him an email not long ago spilling my guts and asking if we were 'still friends'. It's crazy.

The thing is a person can read meaning into anything. It's almost always completely plausible, and it may even be accurate, but it's still speculation, and at least speaking for myself I can't really act on information that I don't have without seeming vaguely crazy or insecure. It's tough, you want to be conscientious and not impose, but I think it's fair to expect enough from people, that if we are a nuisance, they'll tell us. Taking that burden on by ourselves certainly goes beyond good sense, because we aren't mind readers.

Delio

Not a very faithful bf.

Caladrius

Yeah kind of :p This way he's probably going to feel a bit abandoned, because it will be so sudden to him. He might have felt that way if you told him sooner, too, but then he would've had the time to fully process it.

Not that it's a huge deal, I'd just try to not make it a habit :p

I get that too. I probably have a worse habit of reading too much into the smallest things. ("Are you mad at me? If so you can just tell me I'll just leave you alone." [and they're actually fine]). I had a pretty good friend at the start of college that moved across the country, and neither of us are really good at keeping in touch. I sent him an email not long ago spilling my guts and asking if we were 'still friends'. It's crazy.

The thing is a person can read meaning into anything. It's almost always completely plausible, and it may even be accurate, but it's still speculation, and at least speaking for myself I can't really act on information that I don't have without seeming vaguely crazy or insecure. It's tough, you want to be conscientious and not impose, but I think it's fair to expect enough from people, that if we are a nuisance, they'll tell us.

Dude has an assload of other friends, so he'll probably just be annoyed.

I think that considerate mindset actually instills some kind of distrust in us, in a way. Being so afraid of disapproval after a certain threshold puts you at this weird point where you want to please people but can't trust a word they say because your own preconceived judgment of how they see you colors your perception of what's actually happening.

oh, ventus. i forgot he existed.

daripad

Yeah I do feel bad for her :/

:(

Ok guys, I can't make a thread and I don't know where to talk about this but does anybody here has had an important shift on your personality and then went back to where you were?

I'm asking this because I feet I have regressed. I thought I was becoming more friendly, easygoing and my speaking was getting more fluent but today I just couldn't articulate my sentences clearly, I was all shaky and nervous, I was too serious and even walked too timidly. I'm worried about this, I hope it was just a one day thing. I don't want to become as insecure as I used to.

I think that considerate mindset actually instills some kind of distrust in us, in a way. Being so afraid of disapproval after a certain threshold puts you at this weird point where you want to please people but can't trust a word they say because your own preconceived judgment of how they see you colors your perception of what's actually happening.

It's true, I know what you mean. But I often think that people really aren't all that generous with their time and energy to keep up that kind of facade.

I think as a species we're inclined to use thinking to solve all of our problems as an extension of a kind of survival programming. Like having some vague feeling of dread about someone and acting on it might keep us from being shanked, for example. But this anxious tendency is easily over-applied to everything, and there are a lot of situations where thinking about things to assure our circumstances or a particular outcome can do a lot of harm.

I think a lot of our fear of disapproval comes from an earlier time when we were more susceptible to feelings of rejection. It's like a wound or a memory of a wound we preserve from that original 'trauma'. But now it's a bit different, we can understand who we and other people are to a degree, how much rejection reflects on us, what rejection is, and what is meaningfully about it. It's a total cliche, but if we were rejected, what is the worst that would happen? Shame, sure, but I'm plenty familiar with that from my own individual fuck ups, and they don't seem to be stopping anytime soon :p

Ok guys, I can't make a thread and I don't know where to talk about this but does anybody here has had an important shift on your personality and then went back to where you were?

I'm asking this because I feet I have regressed. I thought I was becoming more friendly, easygoing and my speaking was getting more fluent but today I just couldn't articulate my sentences clearly, I was all shaky and nervous, I was too serious and even walked too timidly. I'm worried about this, I hope it was just a one day thing. I don't want to become as insecure as I used to.

In my opinion, by far the hardest part of change isn't making the effort to change, but inconstancy and doubt. The only way I know of combating that is by being arduously consistent in my effort, and stopping to reconsider my approach if I feel I have to. If you keep something up for long enough, it's impossible that your internal wiring won't change in line with your new habits. But the change will probably happen while you aren't looking, it seems like something you notice more in retrospect, like "oh yeah, I did used to struggle with that!" It's funny.

LOCK

I would say that yes our personalities can shift or change. But your the master of yourself, and I believe in you.

Hope that helps, cause sometimes all we need is support. :)

Caladrius

My crush is too handsome.

Dude needs to put a bag on his head.

It's true, I know what you mean. But I often think that people really aren't all that generous with their time and energy to keep up that kind of facade.

I think as a species we're inclined to use thinking to solve all of our problems as an extension of a kind of survival programming. Like having some vague feeling of dread about someone and acting on it might keep us from being shanked, for example. But this anxious tendency is easily over-applied to everything, and there are a lot of situations where thinking about things to assure our circumstances or a particular outcome can do a lot of harm.

I think a lot of our fear of disapproval comes from an earlier time when we were more susceptible to feelings of rejection. It's like a wound or a memory of a wound we preserve from that original 'trauma'. But now it's a bit different, we can understand who we and other people are to a degree, how much rejection reflects on us, what rejection is, and what is meaningfully about it. It's a total cliche, but if we were rejected, what is the worst that would happen? Shame, sure, but I'm plenty familiar with that from my own individual fuck ups, and they don't seem to be stopping anytime soon :p

That is true. I guess it's mostly a matter of me needing to stop looking for things to be careful about and just act by my own guidelines without second-guessing myself constantly.

I hope after 3 finally comes out (and the current arc ends), we'll be done with all these lookalikes and clones and shit.

It depends on how well they plan it out. I think a lot of the "
everyone is Sora/Xehanort
" guff came about because they were writing at the seat of their pants and only making broad plans over time. I imagine the higher-ups would be less than amused if the next story took more than 2-4 games (since that was one of the contributing factors to 3 taking so long to come out), so hopefully they'll streamline it significantly next time and keep the cast close to its current size with 2 or 3 new characters and a villain. Or they could make it 10 times worse.

While Kingdom Hearts is being discussed, I've only recently, finally, finished the first game after many-years of waiting (as a child I reached Hollow Bastion only to encounter a game-breaking glitch where one of the pieces that needed to be collected to complete the crest to unlock a door was not appearing and, as the game was borrowed and many hours were spent getting to that point, I gave it back and deleted the save) after purchasing the high definition remaster and I must say, I thought it was quite good. The primary issues I had with it were that the combat was much clunkier in the opening stages than I remembered it being (this becomes less of an issue as more abilities are acquired) and the level design is very counter-intuitive, with some of the events necessary to trigger progression seeming like something you must stumble upon after exploring every area for the umpteenth time rather than a logical sequence of events that suggests the next step to the player. It wasn't as strong as I remember it being, paticularly the "Deep Jungle", "Agrabah", "Wonderland", "Atlantica", "Monstro", and the start of "Traverse Town" areas (were either frustrating, unfun, or laid out poorly), but "Halloween Town", "Hollow Bastion", "Olympus Coliseum", "Neverland", and the final world were all as enjoyable as I remember (or, in "Hollow Bastion", Olympus Coliseum's matches after the Hercules cup, and the final world's case, were excellent given that it was my first run through them). I feel that part of this slight disappointment may be caused by a degree of frustration as I wished to return to where I had been prior to the glitch, and also may be a result of starting on Proud mode, but this also must be offset by the possibility that the accuracy of my memory was tinted by some nostalgia which had previously hid my recollection of certain flaws. The "Gummi Ship" missions are also terrible. I love creating the ships, and collecting the parts, but the missions themselves are dreadful.

I've heard the second game is a significant improvement so I'll definitely be checking that out given that I walked away pleased overall with the first. After a brief search of the second game, I am surprised that (map related spoilers?)
you don't seem to go to the Final Fantasy worlds. I thought it would have been an obvious progression that if the first game dealt with you primarily exploring the Disney Worlds, the sequel would have dealt with you primarily exploring the Final Fantasy worlds, but clearly they didn't wish to go in this direction.

EDIT: Oh and just as I remember it, I have to express my displeasure with the lack of a New Game Plus though; I thought it would have been a perfect fit given that by the time you have acquired most abilities you're far too late to make use of them for a sizeable portion of the game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's still only a crush until you cross swords.

Caladrius

While Kingdom Hearts is being discussed, I've only recently, finally, finished the first game after many-years of waiting (as a child I reached Hollow Bastion only to encounter a game-breaking glitch where one of the pieces that needed to be collected to complete the crest to unlock a door was not appearing and, as the game was borrowed and many hours were spent getting to that point, I gave it back and deleted the save) after purchasing the high definition remaster and I must say, I thought it was quite good. The primary issues I had with it were that the combat was much clunkier in the opening stages than I remembered it being (this becomes less of an issue as more abilities are acquired) and the level design is very counter-intuitive, with some of the events necessary to trigger progression seeming like something you must stumble upon after exploring every area for the umpteenth time rather than a logical sequence of events that suggests the next step to the player. It wasn't as strong as I remember it being, paticularly the "Deep Jungle", "Agrabah", "Wonderland", "Atlantica", "Monstro", and the start of "Traverse Town" areas (were either frustrating, unfun, or laid out poorly), but "Halloween Town", "Hollow Bastion", "Olympus Coliseum", "Neverland", and the final world were all as enjoyable as I remember (or, in "Hollow Bastion", Olympus Coliseum's matches after the Hercules cup, and the final world's case, were excellent given that it was my first run through them). I feel that part of this slight disappointment may be caused by a degree of frustration as I wished to return to where I had been prior to the glitch, and also may be a result of starting on Proud mode, but this also must be offset by the possibility that the accuracy of my memory was tinted by some nostalgia which had previously hid my recollection of certain flaws. The "Gummi Ship" missions are also terrible. I love creating the ships, and collecting the parts, but the missions themselves are dreadful.

I've heard the second game is a significant improvement so I'll definitely be checking that out given that I walked away pleased overall with the first. After a brief search of the second game, I am surprised that (map related spoilers?)
you don't seem to go to the Final Fantasy worlds. I thought it would have been an obvious progression that if the first game dealt with you primarily exploring the Disney Worlds, the sequel would have dealt with you primarily exploring the Final Fantasy worlds, but clearly they didn't wish to go in this direction.

EDIT: Oh and just as I remember it, I have to express my displeasure with the lack of a New Game Plus though; I thought it would have been a perfect fit given that by the time you have acquired most abilities you're far too late to make use of them for a sizeable portion of the game.

Have you done any of the optional bosses yet?

1's mostly messy level design drove the devs into making the sequels much more linear, so that sort of frustrating level design is mostly gone from them.

2 is generally much more focused and refined than the first game, and combat is extremely slick. 2's main weaknesses from a gameplay perspective (story is generally pinned as confusing, watch the Chain of Memories cutscenes to alleviate that somewhat) are overly flat and linear level design and generally being easy. The latter point is nullified somewhat by Proud mode and completely countered by Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix/ HD's Critical difficulty. Critical Mode IMO is the best way to play the game by far. Sora is turned into a glass cannon with a variety of options at his disposal that allows for fast-paced, high-stakes battles. If you have the temper for it Critical is a very rewarding experience, as well as the easy way to get the best secret ending. (Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance unfortunately don't have Critical modes nearly as good, as enemies are just given massive defensive boosts without increasing the player's offensive capabilities to compensate, so without grinding the Player does an absolute pittiance of damage. Because of that don't be reluctant to go for Proud mode with those.)

Birth by Sleep (which is a main title despite the lack of numbering, and one of the main lead-ins to Kingdom Hearts 3, alongside Dream Drop Distance) marries the two styles to an extent, with more platforming and vertical level design but is mostly action-oriented like 2 is, so if you can get past the repetition of worlds I think you'll enjoy it. (to elaborate, all three storylines go through the same worlds, though the exact areas traveled and objectives to do differ between characters somewhat.

Dream Drop Distance/3D actually does have a New Game +. None of the other games do though. (And of course there's the issue of whether or not you own a 3DS.)

3D is a solid game, but it suffers really badly from being blatantly rushed with some half-baked gameplay systems. The flowmotion system is great to mess around with, but level design is completely borked because they didn't give it any limitations and just went crazy with scale to compensate. The Dream eater elements are unfortunately also tied to your abilities, so you have to dick around with the virtual pet features and a guide if you want to get a not-atrocious ability set. (Second chance and one more are infuriatingly hard to get if you don't know what Dream eaters have them, and you will need them for the last set of bosses.)

358/2 Days and Re:coded aren't worth playing and have/are getting cutscene collections anyway, so don't worry about those.

You guys made me laugh. About it still being a crush or not, it's that guy I had been into for years but he didn't want a relationship and "respected me" too much to do anything else (or something like that). Now I'm in Mexico and he's in Canada so I guess it's still a crush. Maybe someday we'll fuck our brains out if we meet again.

He had always been teasing about having dreams with me and that kind of stuff. Things got to the next level last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom