• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh, reminds me I still haven't played Solatorobo. There's so much good games I missed on DS. That system and it's games was insane, so much diversity.

Heh, you and me both. Like I still need to play 999, SMT: Strange Journey, Radiant Historia, The World Ends With You, and too many others to count. O_O

As for Solatorobo, yeah you should play it if ever find a copy. I'll say that the gameplay itself isn't the greatest, but the world and it's characters make up for it.

7threst

Heh, you and me both. Like I still need to play 999, SMT: Strange Journey, Radiant Historia, The World Ends With You, and too many others to count. O_O

As for Solatorobo, yeah you should play it if ever find a copy. I'll say that the gameplay itself isn't the greatest, but the world and it's characters make up for it.

Definitely pick up Radiant Historia! Together with Strange Journey and 999 easily my favourite DS game.

Kater

Banned
[/URL]Oh no, I wasn't accusing you of being embarrassed or anything. lol
I should have used "one" instead of "you" in that sentence; it would have been a lot clearer.
Misunderstood your post.
i-ce80410fcde4b16326e2872efa15d6d0-forehead-slap.jpg

I'm a little bit dense sometimes, sorry

Hmmmm...that's strange; I wonder why GoTG is taking so long to get there if that's the case.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2015381/releaseinfo
Every country got/gets it at a later date than the US. Not just the countries in Europe either.

Well I came out to my dad that I was Bisexual, he actually took it quite well.

Congratulations. And a very brave move! Glad your father is cool with it.

Picked up EarthBound as a Club Nintendo reward. Had no idea there was a
just slightly ambiguously
gay character.
Also didn't know that they re-rated it as T, but it's only fitting for a game that constantly switches between "acid trip" and "that Lovecraftian nightmare while on said acid trip".

But if Paula gets OHKO'd one more time I'm gonna let her stay kidnapped (once that inevitably occurs again).

The boy in the tree house?

Meh3D

Hello everyone!

I figure GAF would be a good place to ask this question. Any of you guys and gays have other friends who are also gamers and LGB or T in your RL? Or are involved in any group among whose focus is LGBT and Gaming culture?

I’m in Miami, FL and I’ve been talking around trying to get a group started of some type. Old School Arcade Kid here in the time of SF2 (the first one), MK and later on Killer Instincts etc. I never knew anyone who was LGBT when I played back then. Then again, it wasn’t like I asked everyone either, it just wasn’t accepted.

The only gay related memory I have of the arcades back then was a skinny somewhat tall kid who I only once saw play nervously. I remember it looking like he was new at it. Unfortunately, I also remember him being brushed to the side. Treated like scum because he’s gay and obviously no good at this. I knew he was gay because he also went to my high school and he was out.

I may try a sub-reddit. How’s everyone’s weekend?

Caladrius

Sure!

Feminine Guys
Twinks

I guess my only "problem" with some of the fem boy pins is that they kind of mix up beautiful trans women with gorgeous uber-effeminate men sometimes.
The unfortunate implications get...really uncomfortable.
Other than that I've managed to find some absolutely stunning fem boys/fem male models; it's worth checking out.

Ah, lovely. Thanks.

Well I came out to my dad that I was Bisexual, he actually took it quite well.

Congratulations!

I feel like Sora's importance to the overall world has gradually escalated with each game. Blank Points in particular was the culmination of that,
setting Sora up as an extremely blatant messianic archetype. Earlier games did admittedly prop him up like that, but it wasn't as ham-fisted as it's become.
That and Nomura's statement that he wanted as many games to include/star Sora also make me think that.

I think a Frozen world is a given, but I would be surprised to see any other recent Disney films in the game. (Tangled is too generic, Wreck-it Ralph is too meta, Bolt is blah, etc.) I hope they do Pixar though - a Cars level could be really fun :3

I think Pixar is going to happen soon enough (by soon I mean within the next game or two). 2 already had summons (including Toy Story ones for FM that were scrapped for time) so worlds seem like a logical step. I think the real big question marks after that are going to be more non-Final Fantasy IPs and other Disney IP branches.

I can't wait to finally try it for myself come December!

I think the biggest improvement as far as the battle system itself goes is giving magic other than cure some actual importance. The increased risk of full melee assaults (especially against nobodies) makes offensive magic a much more necessary resource. Reflect and magnet go from redundant game-breakers to pivotal crowd control tools (and the former is basically a necessity for the extra bosses), and thunder and blizzard become legitimate alternative courses of attack as opposed to a waste of time (thunder moreso than blizzard though). Fire is unfortunately still completely useless without Drive form support (though with drive form it's fucking beastly). Wisdom form is consequently much more useful than it was before, in addition to several of the Mushroom XIII outright requiring you to use it.

While melee is still the bread-and-butter of your offensive, the difficulty actually forces you to make use of your defensive and secondary offensive options provided you aren't severely overleveled, as opposed to vanilla turning it exclusively into an affair of "mash X and cure to win".

Kinsei

Banned
The boy in the tree house?

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Tony. Itoi himself confirmed that Tony is gay in an interview.

Itoi: Well, for example, there’s a gay person in MOTHER 2. A really passionate friend who lives in an England-like place. I designed him to be a gay child. In a normal, real-life society, there are gay children, and I have many gay friends as well. So I thought it would be nice to add one in the game, too.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Tony. Itoi himself confirmed that Tony is gay in an interview.

Woah, that is awesome!

Hello everyone!

I figure GAF would be a good place to ask this question. Any of you guys and gays have other friends who are also gamers and LGB or T in your RL? Or are involved in any group among whose focus is LGBT and Gaming culture?

I’m in Miami, FL and I’ve been talking around trying to get a group started of some type. Old School Arcade Kid here in the time of SF2 (the first one), MK and later on Killer Instincts etc. I never knew anyone who was LGBT when I played back then. Then again, it wasn’t like I asked everyone either, it just wasn’t accepted.

The only gay related memory I have of the arcades back then was a skinny somewhat tall kid who I only once saw play nervously. I remember it looking like he was new at it. Unfortunately, I also remember him being brushed to the side. Treated like scum because he’s gay and obviously no good at this. I knew he was gay because he also went to my high school and he was out.

I may try a sub-reddit. How’s everyone’s weekend?

Welcome! I have yet to spot a gaymer IRL lol. Then again, I don't know any gamers. Maybe I'll meet some at uni soon.

Kater

Banned

Haven't met that character yet. Still stuck at that one cave after the tank guy. >_>

The boy in the tree house says that he likes "Ness" and gives him a baseball cap as a present.
Is he gay too?

Kinsei

Banned
Who is Tony? I don't think I have seen him yet. I'm at
moonside

Tony is Jeff's roommate.

Haven't met that character yet. Still stuck at that one cave after the tank guy. >_>

The boy in the tree house says that he likes "Ness" and gives him a baseball cap as a present.
Is he gay too?

He could be, but nothing has been officially stated.

The beginning part (the sharks, the cave, and then the fight afterwards) is the only time you have to grind in the game. Once you get out it should be smooth sailing for the rest of the game.

Ty4on

Where do you live? Wikipedia says 27th/28 for most European countries...

My local cinema has this date standing under the trailer for the movie.
Cinema Website: http://www.cineplexx.at/film/guardians-of-the-galaxy/
It's dubbed right? Then (superior) subtitling Europe :p

All Scandinavian and some other European languages are too small so everything except stuff for young children is subtitled. That has made dubbing seem childish so we will probably keep doing it until our language is dead.

Kater

Banned
Tony is Jeff's roommate.

He could be, but nothing has been officially stated.

The beginning part (the sharks, the cave, and then the fight afterwards) is the only time you have to grind in the game. Once you get out it should be smooth sailing for the rest of the game.
He seems to be, even if nothing is confirmed.

Good to know. I'm still busy finishing New Game+ and the Colosseum of Unlimited World Red but after that I will get back to Earthbound.
It's dubbed right? Then (superior) subtitling Europe :p

All Scandinavian and some other European languages are too small so everything except stuff for young children is subtitled. That has made dubbing seem childish so we will probably keep doing it until our language is dead.

Austria as well as Germany and Switzerland (maybe other partially German speaking countries as well) get the translated and synchronized version of the movie, sadly. Would prefer a dubbed version...

Just came across this fanart on tumblr.
tumblr_n9tpysxHse1tewbeco1_500.png

Tihihihi

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How do you like your abs, GayGAF? Perfectly regular and symmetrical ones like a bunch of hamburger buns stuck together, or the more jumbled kind like above?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Would like more guys to wear these when they have great legs and a nice ass.

What's weird is that I can almost never see any bulges on guys who wear meggings. Like, where is it? Are you supposed to wear underwear underneath or something to hide it?

I wore a pair of galaxy print leggings (with no shorts over them for once) to a festival last weekend and the gf insisted at pulling at the hairs sticking out of mine >:/ I was not pleased!! (But did get lots of nice esteem boosting compliments on them!)

Got any pics? :}

she also tells me about the urge she gets to pluck out my longer nipple hairs. Girl wtf pls

u__u I've plucked one off myself before and it hurt like hell.

I feel like Sora's importance to the overall world has gradually escalated with each game. Blank Points in particular was the culmination of that,
setting Sora up as an extremely blatant messianic archetype. Earlier games did admittedly prop him up like that, but it wasn't as ham-fisted as it's become.
That and Nomura's statement that he wanted as many games to include/star Sora also make me think that.

Hrm, I guess you're right. It just seemed to me like Sora's importance has been decreasing (haven't played DDD yet btw), what with the sizable focus on Roxas in 2/Days and the trio in BBS though.

I think Pixar is going to happen soon enough (by soon I mean within the next game or two). 2 already had summons (including Toy Story ones for FM that were scrapped for time) so worlds seem like a logical step. I think the real big question marks after that are going to be more non-Final Fantasy IPs and other Disney IP branches.

I think Pixar is coming as well. Toy Story, I think, is a given, but I could also see Cars, Finding Nemo (as an Atlantica replacement), Wall-E, and/or The Incredibles too.

I would really hate it if they started incorporating Marvel or Star Wars ips into the series though, and I doubt we'll see any other non-FF Square Enix ips either. (maaaaaaaaaaaaybe Dragon Quest)

I think the biggest improvement as far as the battle system itself goes is giving magic other than cure some actual importance. The increased risk of full melee assaults (especially against nobodies) makes offensive magic a much more necessary resource. Reflect and magnet go from redundant game-breakers to pivotal crowd control tools (and the former is basically a necessity for the extra bosses), and thunder and blizzard become legitimate alternative courses of attack as opposed to a waste of time (thunder moreso than blizzard though). Fire is unfortunately still completely useless without Drive form support (though with drive form it's fucking beastly). Wisdom form is consequently much more useful than it was before, in addition to several of the Mushroom XIII outright requiring you to use it.

While melee is still the bread-and-butter of your offensive, the difficulty actually forces you to make use of your defensive and secondary offensive options provided you aren't severely overleveled, as opposed to vanilla turning it exclusively into an affair of "mash X and cure to win".

Sounds great!

Couple miles out from LaGrange.
Aww man, that's a little too far from me. I was hoping maybe we might be able to meet up or hang out or something but ah well. Unless you'd be willing to meet in the middle or something.
Enjoy LaGrange dude. Our mountains are the some of the best part of GA.
What are you doing over there anyways? Family?

Kangi

I don't remember what exactly he said to be considered gay.
the link said:
[...]I want to see you again as soon as possible. I can’t wait to see your cheerful face.[...]

Yours truly,

Tony

P.S. Don’t show this letter to anyone!
I don't remember what exactly he said to be considered gay.

Do we have "gay cards" a la "man cards"? Because if so, I'm revoking yours.

Kangi

Why? I never saw that letter in the game, if it wasn't for the article I wouldn't know of its existence.

Okay. More lines from the game itself:

"Ah, Jeff, I just dreamt that you and I were taking a walk."

"Oh me, oh my... You... came to rescue me!"

Plus his constant worried phone calls.

Revoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom