• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bookbinder (or "Buchbinder", that's what it's called in German)
2029776841-buch-buchbinder-haende-g77aNPP2A34.jpg

And boekbinder in Dutch lol. Sounds difficult. Don't think too much about it though, you'll have a better job some day.

Kater

Banned
And boekbinder in Dutch lol. Sounds difficult. Don't think too much about it though, you'll have a better job some day.

I hope so. I really want to study someday so I really need a job for that. No money, no knowledge. It's a mean world.

If I make no sense it's because I'm terribly wasted on Apple Cider, heh.

You'll find another one soon hopefully El Gato!

Also good luck with school daripad.

Welp, got my job interview in about 30 minutes. Glad o did some research beforehand because I'm not as nervous as I thought I'd be.
Wish me luck! :)

I hope so. I really want to study someday so I really need a job for that. No money, no knowledge. It's a mean world.

If I make no sense it's because I'm terribly wasted on Apple Cider, heh.

You're making perfect sense lol, that's the whole reason I'm going to uni at the age of 25, employers want proof on paper. I'm excited, but also hella nervous.

You'll find another one soon hopefully El Gato!

Also good luck with school daripad.

Welp, got my job interview in about 30 minutes. Glad o did some research beforehand because I'm not as nervous as I thought I'd be.
Wish me luck! :)

Good luck, you can do it!

RM8

Out of nowhere a somewhat cute guy I've seen a couple of times eating at Subway just asked me if I knew how to play chess. I told him that I know how each piece works but that I don't really know how to actually play, and he said "we still should play sometime!". Then he asked me where I study... Lol, I told him I work at government. We didn't exchange numbers or anything, but it's the first time I'm approached by a guy, feels weird! Unless it was just very random friendly talk, which I think it was.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No, no, the point is to get naked, not to keep your clothes on!

I need a job, being a poor student is boring af

Learn proper plate-holding (and collecting) etiquette (this is of a major benefit, given that this part is annoying and can be practiced at home), volunteer somewhere for a part time basis to get some experience to use in applying elsewhere (if you've not yet gotten any experience), use who you know to hand CVs into those with a managerial position so you know they're not simply discarded, and hand in your CV absolutely everywhere, regardless of whether or not they're openly hiring. If possible, also make a comprehensive, impressive cover-letter, uniquely written for every business, to display your competence in communication, your interest in the business, and something to seperate you from other candidates. EDIT: I'd probably suggest avoiding seasonal businesses which peak in the summer given that it's August and tourism is likely declining ensuring that they wouldn't need as many staff members as they had. Anything that would need to prepare for peak in business brought about due to the return to school is probably a good place to look, including local bars that are popular with students.

Out of nowhere a somewhat cute guy I've seen a couple of times eating at Subway just asked me if I knew how to play chess. I told him that I know how each piece works but that I don't really know how to actually play, and he said "we still should play sometime!". Then he asked me where I study... Lol, I told him I work at government. We didn't exchange numbers or anything, but it's the first time I'm approached by a guy, feels weird! Unless it was just very random friendly talk, which I think it was.

it all starts with chess.

Vitanimus

Learn proper plate-holding (and collecting) etiquette (this is of a major benefit, given that this part is annoying and can be practiced at home), volunteer somewhere for a part time basis to get some experience to use in applying elsewhere (if you've not yet gotten any experience), use who you know to hand CVs into those with a managerial position so you know they're not simply discarded, and hand in your CV absolutely everywhere, regardless of whether or not they're openly hiring. If possible, also make a comprehensive, impressive cover-letter, uniquely written for every business, to display your competence in communication, your interest in the business, and something to seperate you from other candidates. EDIT: I'd probably suggest avoiding seasonal businesses which peak in the summer given that it's August and tourism is likely declining ensuring that they wouldn't need as many staff members as they had. Anything that would need to prepare for peak in business brought about due to the return to school is probably a good place to look, including local bars that are popular with students.

Ooooo thanks for your input! I'm currently at home away from uni at the mo so a lot of the places in my town won't consider hiring a student who is only available 25% of the year ;_; but with second year coming up I really wanna get a job, I've been pretty lucky having already over 3 years of retail experience at 20 years old.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

he was asking you if you had any meth

alternatively, he was asking you for lesbian sex

I don't make the rules

Chess is where it all begins.

I just had the interview and I think I NAILED IT!
The dude showed me around and explained the job duties and stuff. Then I filled out an application and talked about the job and hours and stuff. I have to wait until Thursday to see if I can move forward here but I am very optimistic. YAY!

Side Note:
It didn't hurt that the guy who interviewed me was very cute with gorgeous green eyes. I wouldn't mind working with him ;)

The dude showed me around and explained the job duties and stuff. Then I filled out an application and talked about the job and hours and stuff. I have to wait until Thursday to see if I can move forward here but I am very optimistic. YAY!

Side Note:
It didn't hurt that the guy who interviewed me was very cute with gorgeous green eyes. I wouldn't mind working with him ;)

Awesome, well done! Really hope you get it.

Achtius

Side Note:

what's the job/

Ooooo thanks for your input! I'm currently at home away from uni at the mo so a lot of the places in my town won't consider hiring a student who is only available 25% of the year ;_; but with second year coming up I really wanna get a job, I've been pretty lucky having already over 3 years of retail experience at 20 years old.

A lot of places as you say probably won't, but how often will you be returning from university? Given that you've so much retail experience you're in a very good position either for a part-time job during the school year (if you're open for that) or something for when you return home (if you'll be home often). I mean, most places as you say certainly will be put off given how much you'll be away, but you might be able to find something to do every now and then when you return for a night or two every few weeks. Have you checked the banqueting department at local hotels? Most other staff members where I'm working for the summer are in university and they alternate the weekends where they return home from university to cover any banquets or events that have come in for the weekend (given that they rarely get weddings booked on weekdays), so anything similar with a large staff roster seems like something that is worth considering. Even if you just get a few hours in you'll at least make something to cover the cost of your expensive clothes.

Fantastic news, congratulations!

EDIT: Oh and Caladrius, thank you very much for your tips a few pages (two or three?) regarding the additional content. Admtitedly I seemed to have been over-estimating how much was added after the game. I've moved onto the boss in Agrabah and decided to return to the Gold Match later as it's quite time consuming given how little damage each deflection does (I'd been stacking the 20% ice damage reduction rings, but I presume there are better 40% ones that I don't have yet).

Vitanimus

A lot of places as you say probably won't, but how often will you be returning from university? Given that you've so much retail experience you're in a very good position either for a part-time job during the school year (if you're open for that) or something for when you return home (if you'll be home often). I mean, most places as you say certainly will be put off given how much you'll be away, but you might be able to find something to do every now and then when you return for a night or two every few weeks. Have you checked the banqueting department at local hotels? Most other staff members where I'm working for the summer are in university and they alternate the weekends where they return home from university to cover any banquets or events that have come in for the weekend (given that they rarely get weddings booked on weekdays), so anything similar with a large staff roster seems like something that is worth considering. Even if you just get a few hours in you'll at least make something to cover the cost of your expensive clothes.

Yeah, I used to work at my local Sainsbury's for just under 4 years and I tried to get a transfer but the couldn't offer me one. With my first year at Uni of Nottingham I didn't attempt at all to find a job, but there are loads of bars and stuff near where I live so I'm hoping somewhere will offer me something ;_;

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ratsky, how come you're not on the Gaming side more? I feel like I only see you in OT and here.

two reasons:

videogames aren't very interesting to discuss. and gaming side is a #mess.

Yes. Having played Re:CoM a few weeks ago (against my better judgment) I couldn't help but notice the similarities. (General purpose and flow of the plot, Riku upstaging Sora, etc.)

CoM is great tho.

The image of Goofy looking down a sniper rifle is now forever ingrained in my head.

This makes me happy.

two reasons:

videogames aren't very interesting to discuss. and gaming side is a #mess.
They are when you're talking to the right people. What type of games do you like generally?

In what way? I'm mostly sticking to the IOS gaming thread these days so I'm genuinely curious what goes on outside that bubble.
It's really no different than anywhere else on GAF. There's good and bad everywhere, but you shouldn't let the bad deter you.

Caladrius

CoM is great tho.

This makes me happy.

CoM has a lot of interesting ideas, and the card system would have a decent amount of potential for expansion. My main problem with it is that the system isn't particularly complex nor does it get additions over the course of the game (barring Reverse/Rebirth, which I found more enjoyable for its brevity. Note that there are no non-gameplay reasons for this.), so after about the 15 hour mark it feels stale to me. If the total game length were cut in half I would legitimately enjoy replaying it.

Marluxia's fights were the shit though. He's up there for my favorite final boss. Especially with those battle themes.

This makes me happy.

I should commission someone for fan art

EDIT: Oh and Caladrius, thank you very much for your tips a few pages (two or three?) regarding the additional content. Admtitedly I seemed to have been over-estimating how much was added after the game. I've moved onto the boss in Agrabah and decided to return to the Gold Match later as it's quite time consuming given how little damage each deflection does (I'd been stacking the 20% ice damage reduction rings, but I presume there are better 40% ones that I don't have yet).

My pleasure.

What you've got now is the best you're going to get in terms of elemental resistances. The Ice Titan fight is super-long no matter what you do, unfortunately (Ice Titan has enormous defenses, and I don't remember deflection being calculated based off of your attack). I have a save specifically for re-fighting him at a moderate level and it regularly takes at least 7 minutes. It's mostly just a matter of having the resources to last long enough to beat him. Try him in the mid-60's. Provided you learn the icicle patterns you should do fine. If you have several tech boosts equipped it becomes a viable experience grinding tool on top of that.

In what way? I'm mostly sticking to the IOS gaming thread these days so I'm genuinely curious what goes on outside that bubble.

Perpetual negativity, console/company warz and stating-of-opinion as fact.

At least that's what keeps me out.

Me and someone from gaf are taking a trip in 2015. Haven't decide between German. Greece. India? Forgot the others. Maybe scrap Since there's a chance we are going for 2 weeks so gotta plan accordingly. This will be also the first time we meet. So gay GAF meet up lol

Kater

Banned
Me and someone from gaf are taking a trip in 2015. Haven't decide between German. Greece. India? Forgot the others. Maybe scrap Since there's a chance we are going for 2 weeks so gotta plan accordingly. This will be also the first time we meet. So gay GAF meet up lol

I'm in Austria, so that would be a bit of a detour from Germany. You're welcome to visit though, Vienna is a pretty damn cool city and next year when Eurovision Song Contest starts there we will probably see a lot of rainbow flags there, thanks to Queen Conchita's victory that brought the Contest to out country.

There's also the Gamescom in Cologne. Pretty big event for every European gamer and pubs/devs are also there.

Rayis

I only post on the gaming side to troll post on the Smash Bros thread, aside from that I couldn't care less about most other games, OT is more interesting.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

It's just a mess. I still read the news/headlines but I haven't read through a thread over there in a long time so maybe things are better now.

They are when you're talking to the right people. What type of games do you like generally?

I generally don't play the latest games, so there's not much point in my posting over there anyway. But I like platformers, rpgs, (some) shooters, stealth, action/adventure. I also like some puzzle, visual novel, and racing games.

CoM has a lot of interesting ideas, and the card system would have a decent amount of potential for expansion. My main problem with it is that the system isn't particularly complex nor does it get additions over the course of the game (barring Reverse/Rebirth, which I found more enjoyable for its brevity. Note that there are no non-gameplay reasons for this.), so after about the 15 hour mark it feels stale to me. If the total game length were cut in half I would legitimately enjoy replaying it.

Marluxia's fights were the shit though. He's up there for my favorite final boss. Especially with those battle themes.

I see. My main complaint with CoM was that the levels were just rehashes of old levels (which made total sense given that the game is about Sora's memories) and the level design was unimaginative. I also hated that certain doors/levels required a certain card color/number, so if you didn't have that specific type of card, you'd have to grind for it.

I should commission someone for fan art

I'm sure there's already fan art of that, lol.

Gaming side is still a mess

I'm in Austria, so that would be a bit of a detour from Germany. You're welcome to visit though, Vienna is a pretty damn cool city and next year when Eurovision Song Contest starts there we will probably see a lot of rainbow flags there, thanks to Queen Conchita's victory that brought the Contest to out country.

There's also the Gamescom in Cologne. Pretty big event for every European gamer and pubs/devs are also there.
On didn't know you were in Austria.

Forgot about gamescom.

But plan is late summer. Won't start to really plan until next year. Been awhile since I left the country. Gotta renew my passport as well

It's just a mess. I still read the news/headlines but I haven't read through a thread over there in a long time so maybe things are better now.

I generally don't play the latest games, so there's not much point in my posting over there anyway. But I like platformers, rpgs, (some) shooters, stealth, action/adventure. I also like some puzzle, visual novel, and racing games.
Well, I'd love to see you there. I want more GayGAF peeps on the Gaming side. It's the whole reason I joined this forum in the first place. We talk about old junk all the time. You can talk about whatever you want.

I really don't think it's any better or worse than any other part of the site. And if anyone tries to give you trouble, just PM a mod. Bigots are almost always dealt with swiftly here.

Yup, all the time. "Why do so many lesbians look like men? Don't you want to date a woman?" I had one poor straight boy even consider me to be the spokesperson for gay men, too, and he asked me all sorts of ridiculous questions about anal sex. Finally I was like, "Okay, when I grow a penis and stick it in a man's asshole, I will get back to you on that."

I don't mind answering questions for people, though. There are times where I've literally been the first queer person someone has ever met, so it's understandable they would have questions about things.

lol
Straight people (and some LGBT-people) need to chill with that stuff ("Why do gay men dress up like women? I thought gay dudes liked men? You know, like, real men with muscles and stuff!")
Males don't come out of their mother's wombs with fades, baseball caps, tennis shoes, baggy pants, and blue t-shirts.
It really shouldn't be too hard to figure out why a queer girl could love a masculine woman, and why a queer boy would love an effeminate man, but that whole concept just seems to discombobulate a few of 'em.

daripad

First day at school and lots of new cute guys. So good. Even better that I was with my girl friend and we were talking about them. I felt free while I stayed with her. And one of my guy friends said that I looked fine with short hair, which I definitly agree because it grows too quickly and then it looks like I'm one of the Beatles in A Hard Day's Night period lol

The only bad thing about today is that many people commented that I look fatter. Seems that I'm not eating tacos in a while.

I mostly play on IOS these days though and sadly many people on this site don't seem so open minded about IOS/mobile gaming.

I enjoy puzzle games on my phone and Plants vs Zombies 2 is fine but everything else is just not for me

Well, I'd love to see you there. I want more GayGAF peeps on the Gaming side. It's the whole reason I joined this forum in the first place. We talk about old junk all the time. You can talk about whatever you want.

I really don't think it's any better or worse than any other part of the site. And if anyone tries to give you trouble, just PM a mod. Bigots are almost always dealt with swiftly here.

Just send me links to threads and maybe I will participate. :)

I mostly play on IOS these days though and sadly many people on this site don't seem so open minded about IOS/mobile gaming.

ciD_Vain

Haven't posted in here in a while! How's everyone doing? :) Just hit my 17 month mark with my bf yesterday! It's been an awesome 17 months and counting!

Caladrius

Haven't posted in here in a while! How's everyone doing? :) Just hit my 17 month mark with my bf yesterday! It's been an awesome 17 months and counting!

Yo. Congratulations!

Whiling away the time until I move. Cleaned out a bit of stuff today and started packing up some of the loose goods.

I mostly post on gaming side :p It's alright, guys. It's definitely no GameFAQs.

Gamefaqs actually has helpful gameplay advice though.

2/3rds of gaming side threads are either hate/complaining threads or tech-wanking.

Or hate threads motivated by tech-wank.

I see. My main complaint with CoM was that the levels were just rehashes of old levels (which made total sense given that the game is about Sora's memories) and the level design was unimaginative. I also hated that certain doors/levels required a certain card color/number, so if you didn't have that specific type of card, you'd have to grind for it.

I didn't mind the world-recycling too much for the reason you stated, though it was definitely dull to look at. It was the first time they recycled worlds, so it didn't come off as particularly obnoxious. It pissed me off severely when they did it again in Days and coded though. The former in particular had no excuse.(Though coded shouldn't get a free pass considering they used the exact same fucking worlds as the first game.) Needless to say I am sincerely grateful that they weren't able to port the DS games for the HD collection.

The level design definitely contributed to the tedium for me. The "make your own dungeon" thing is pretty neat, but there was simply no way to really do that economically without recycling room layouts. At the same time making fixed dungeons would require significant restructuring of the game, so it's really lose/lose I guess.

And the room requirements basically made me hoard cards the entire game. The moogle cards in particular because of the way the shop's card packs worked. Shouldn't have locked the best card packs until the very end.

It sure has been a while and congrats! So many people have that new Link as their avatars i almost dont realize who exactly is posting sometimes lol

ciD_Vain

Yo. Congratulations!

Whiling away the time until I move. Cleaned out a bit of stuff today and started packing up some of the loose goods.

Thank you! :) I hate moving, it always feels awkward and stressful for me!

It sure has been a while and congrats! So many people have that new Link as their avatars i almost dont realize who exactly is posting sometimes lol

Thanks! Haha i know. I've been meaning to change it. I'm changing it back to a picture of my doggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom