• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't posted in here in a while! How's everyone doing? :) Just hit my 17 month mark with my bf yesterday! It's been an awesome 17 months and counting!
Congrats! :) How'd you guys meet?
I've never seen you post around here because it was before my time in here but nice to meet you duder.
And your dog is gorgeous! I have a friend who owns that breed. :)

ciD_Vain

Wow that's a beautiful dog. Congrats on your relationship :)
Thank you!
Congrats! :) How'd you guys meet?
I've never seen you post around here because it was before my time in here but nice to meet you duder.
And your dog is gorgeous! I have a friend who owns that breed. :)

Haha i haven't posted in this thread in what has to be almost 2 years (i think). Thank you! i love my huskies! <3 My bf and i met at West Hollywood Pride in 2012 through a mutual friend. He was actually dating someone else at the time so i didn't make any moves. It wasn't until January of 2013 when we started dating. Here are some pictures just because i feel like sharing with GAF :D

Us at Disneyland
IkZXUis.png

Us at the On The Run Tour
huavaDI.png

My doggies Kiba and Phantom
soquATP.png

My bf with Kiba
hJw7Edo.png

He's really sweet and is the type to surprise me with things when i least expect it. Love him!

GCX

My bf and i met at West Hollywood Pride in 2012 through a mutual friend. He was actually dating someone else at the time so i didn't make any moves. It wasn't until January of 2013 when we started dating. Here are some pictures just because i feel like sharing with GAF :D
Awww you're such a cute couple and your dogs are awesome!

I started dating my bf in January 2013 too! Seems like it was a lucky month. ^^
Here's us last month in London (I'm the the one with the glasses):

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I would think you guys are brothers! The dog is badass :cool:
I didn't think they were related at all, but after looking at the first pic, I guess there is a bit of a resemblance. Plus, the similar hair style reminds me of the way my brothers and I would have the same hair cut growing up.

You guys don't look like brothers, but you do have a similar hair cut. :p

However, now this reminds me of that tumblr someone here mentioned, which I still think is a bit weird.

http://boyfriendtwin.tumblr.com/

edit: Odd find on that blog: It seems to me like the cuter person of the couple is almost always on the left side of the picture (or on their right). This hasn't been scientifically proven, but it's at least 90% accurate. Weird boyfriend twin coincidence? :eek:

ciD_Vain

Ha our hair was really similar that day but normally it's not alike! Plus he's chinese/filipino at 5ft.9in and I'm full filipino at 5ft.4in.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Well, I'd love to see you there. I want more GayGAF peeps on the Gaming side. It's the whole reason I joined this forum in the first place. We talk about old junk all the time. You can talk about whatever you want.

I really don't think it's any better or worse than any other part of the site. And if anyone tries to give you trouble, just PM a mod. Bigots are almost always dealt with swiftly here.

Ha, thanks. <3 I might pop in a thread every now and then if I think of it.

Haven't posted in here in a while! How's everyone doing? :) Just hit my 17 month mark with my bf yesterday! It's been an awesome 17 months and counting!

Hey I remember you! I actually wondered from time to time whatever happened to you. Nice to see that you're still kicking! :D

2/3rds of gaming side threads are either hate/complaining threads or tech-wanking.

Or hate threads motivated by tech-wank.

Basically.

The level design definitely contributed to the tedium for me. The "make your own dungeon" thing is pretty neat, but there was simply no way to really do that economically without recycling room layouts. At the same time making fixed dungeons would require significant restructuring of the game, so it's really lose/lose I guess.

Yeah, I think the random dungeon thing was hampered by the fact that the game was made for the GBA. If it had been a PS2 game from the beginning I don't think the level design would have been so simplistic.

Ha, thanks. <3 I might pop in a thread every now and then if I think of it.
Cool.

I noticed that visual novels are one of your favorite genres, and there are three English gay dating sim visual novels coming out soon, so it would be nice to see some GayGAF support for them.

They are all "adult" (read: SEX) VNs, but we still talk about them in the Visual Novel Community thread, plus the mods said I could make an OT for one of them as long as we don't show anything R rated. (I think it's actually the first time this has been allowed on GAF.) I don't know if I'm gonna do it or not yet, I'm a bit nervous about it. @_@

Looking for a mattress. I'm torn between either getting a memory foam mattress or getting a spring mattress and saving some money with a thick mattress pad.

Is memory foam worth it? I have memory foam pillows, and based on that experience, I'm not sure if the mattress would maintain its shape for very long.

Looking for a mattress. I'm torn between either getting a memory foam mattress or getting a spring mattress and saving some money with a thick mattress pad.

Is memory foam worth it? I have memory foam pillows, and based on that experience, I'm not sure if the mattress would maintain its shape for very long.
I hate the feeling of foam, but that's just me.

Goldrush

Cool.

I noticed that visual novels are one of your favorite genres, and there are three English gay dating sim visual novels coming out soon, so it would be nice to see some GayGAF support for them.

They are all "adult" (read: SEX) VNs, but we still talk about them in the Visual Novel Community thread, plus the mods said I could make an OT for one of them as long as we don't show anything R rated. (I think it's actually the first time this has been allowed on GAF.) I don't know if I'm gonna do it or not yet, I'm a bit nervous about it. @_@

Already brought two of them.

Speaking of VN, just found out that the BL VN DRAMAtical Murder got turned into an anime that could be watched on Crunchyroll for free. Just a warning, while I'm not expecting any of the explicit stuff from the game, I'm not sure if the show will retain any of its gay roots.

Speaking of VN, just found out that the BL VN DRAMAtical Murder got turned into an anime that could be watched on Crunchyroll for free. Just a warning, while I'm not expecting any of the explicit stuff from the game, I'm not sure if the show will retain any of its gay roots.
There's already been a gay kiss, so I guess it's still present. I haven't watched it yet though.

I know it's popular, but I've heard it's sorta a hot mess. (The game and the anime.) I might give it a shot eventually.

I'm not a fan of a full foam mattress because its a little too warm for me honestly but a foam topper is just perfect. That's just me though.

the floor is your friend. saves you even more money.

Hi GayGAF!

I just got back from my vacation with friends and I got myself a brand new avatar for the occasion.
Congrats! need pictures.

Kater

Banned
Gaming side is still a mess

On didn't know you were in Austria.

Forgot about gamescom.

But plan is late summer. Won't start to really plan until next year. Been awhile since I left the country. Gotta renew my passport as well
Yeah, that would be too late to see either event. :D

Hi GayGAF!

I just got back from my vacation with friends and I got myself a brand new avatar for the occasion.

Hey Grizzo. :)
Where did you go on vacation to?

Achtius

There's already been a gay kiss, so I guess it's still present. I haven't watched it yet though.

I know it's popular, but I've heard it's sorta a hot mess. (The game and the anime.) I might give it a shot eventually.

Never played the game but the anime is really boring and I don't really enjoy it at all.

Grakl

Oh. I was hoping the lowish ratings were simply from homophobes and the like just rating them poorly. :(

Well, people would recommend Weekend -- I think that's the most well rated gay movie on Netflix, and I've seen other people recommend it in this thread. I've just never been able to like (most) gay-oriented movies. For the couple of documentaries, check out Call Me Kuchu and How to Survive a Plague.

Back to that gorgeous guy from OkCupid... Had an AMAZING date with him last night, we had dinner and talked for hours... then walked down the streets. He kissed me. We ended up at my place, he spent the night here, we had breakfast at a restaurant before I left him at the subway station.

I really hope to see him again, he's really good looking, like out of my league beautiful. He seemed kinda horny when/after he kissed me, which worried me a bit, in the sense that it made me think maybe he just wanted to get laid
(and we did get laid)

He's not leaving until December (and according to what he told me it's mostly because he has to get out of the country then so he can then come back and be legally here for another while).

Grizzo

Welcome back Grizzo. :)
Where'd you go? What'd you do? Did you have fun?

Congrats! need pictures.

Hey Grizzo. :)
Where did you go on vacation to?

I was in the Corrèze region, in the south-west side of France. It's a place with lots of forests, great landscapes and... not much else. Living in the countryside for 10 days was quite the adventure, as I was so used to the urban atmosphere of Pairs. Fun fact: our President lived here for a long time, he served as a mayor in one of its most famous town. Didn’t take much pictures during my stay (except for the ones of my friends) but here's how it looks:

We were with 5 friends of mine in one of my best friends house. We went for some nice walks amongst cows and horses. I also saw some cute little frogs, a nasty toad right outside the front door of the house and a beetle eating a dead snake. Also got the chance to see a dromedary since there was a circus in one of the town we visited.

We did some kayaking, and the view was really nice (but I didn't get to use my phone to snap some pictures because I was really afraid it would fall in the water, so I put it in a barrel that you have to snap to the bottom of the boat so your stuff won't get wet).

It looked like that:

here's the dromedary

here's the beetle eating the snake (let me tell you that the snake was stinking really bad, Nature can be so gross sometimes)

here’s a dumb selfie I took while the sun was shining hard

sunselfk5lj3.jpg

and here's a lovely shot of a sunset I took on friday night

Also I ate a lot of cheese (it’s one of the best french region for cheeses), drank a lot of wine, got a little high and tried to tan a bit, but well it’s raining like hell in Paris so I don’t think my tan is gonna last anyway :/

I like it.

Thanks CornBurrito, I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but it looks alright.

Google cold foam mattresses, I've heard good things about them and I'm probably gonna get one in a month or two.

I was in the Corrèze region, in the south-west side of France. It's a place with lots of forests, great landscapes and... not much else. Living in the countryside for 10 days was quite the adventure, as I was so used to the urban atmosphere of Pairs. Fun fact: our President lived here for a long time, he served as a mayor in one of its most famous town. Didn’t take much pictures during my stay (except for the ones of my friends) but here's how it looks:

We were with 5 friends of mine in one of my best friends house. We went for some nice walks amongst cows and horses. I also saw some cute little frogs, a nasty toad right outside the front door of the house and a beetle eating a dead snake. Also got the chance to see a dromedary since there was a circus in one of the town we visited.

We did some kayaking, and the view was really nice (but I didn't get to use my phone to snap some pictures because I was really afraid it would fall in the water, so I put it in a barrel that you have to snap to the bottom of the boat so your stuff won't get wet).

It looked like that:

here's the dromedary

here's the beetle eating the snake (let me tell you that the snake was stinking really bad, Nature can be so gross sometimes)

sunselfk5lj3.jpg

Also I ate a lot of cheese (it’s one of the best french region for cheeses), drank a lot of wine, got a little high and tried to tan a bit, but well it’s raining like hell in Paris so I don’t think my tan is gonna last anyway :/

Thanks CornBurrito, I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but it looks alright.

Gorgeous pics Grizzo, I'm super jealous!

Thank you!

Haha i haven't posted in this thread in what has to be almost 2 years (i think). Thank you! i love my huskies! <3 My bf and i met at West Hollywood Pride in 2012 through a mutual friend. He was actually dating someone else at the time so i didn't make any moves. It wasn't until January of 2013 when we started dating. Here are some pictures just because i feel like sharing with GAF :D

He's really sweet and is the type to surprise me with things when i least expect it. Love him!

Awesome pics guys, that dog looks like such a badass!

Kater

Banned

It looked like that:

here's the dromedary

sunselfk5lj3.jpg

Thank you for showing us some pictures. I especially like the castle in the lake. Gorgeous. Makes it even worse that I can't make a vacation to France this year, I'm really missing all these mountains, the little villages, the open fields.

Thank you!

You two look so cute! And your dogs of course are beautiful too lol. They're probably easy conversation starters when you walk them they're so pretty lol.

I was in the Corrèze region, in the south-west side of France. It's a place with lots of forests, great landscapes and... not much else.
Your pics are awesome! Sounds like you had a awesome time

Grizzo

Thanks guys! Just wanted to add that the pictures of landscapes and the one of the castle are not mine! I found them on some websites to show you how Corrèze looks like. The pics of animals, sunset and me are mine though.

All in all it was great fun! And now I feel kinda bummed that the weather is so awful in Paris. I feel like summer is already over even though I'm still on holiday :/

Oh well, it's alright. The sun will be back someday (at least I hope).

Thank you for showing us some pictures. I especially like the castle in the lake. Gorgeous. Makes it even worse that I can't make a vacation to France this year, I'm really missing all these mountains, the little villages, the open fields.

Oh didn't you know you came here already! Where did you go? :D

Grizzo

I really want to go to France some day and visit Disneyland and Paris.

Yeah Disneyland Paris is fun! Used to go there quite often when I was a kid but nowadays it's pretty rare. My last time was two years ago. The new Ratatouille attraction just opened a few weeks ago, I think it's the only Disney park in the whole world with a Ratatouille ride.

I think DisneyWorld in Florida is bigger and better but I never got the chance to go there so I don't know.

who's that guy in your avatar? he looks charming

Yeah Disneyland Paris is fun! Used to go there quite often when I was a kid but nowadays it's pretty rare. My last time was two years ago. The new Ratatouille attraction just opened a few weeks ago, I think it's the only Disney park in the whole world with a Ratatouille ride.

I think DisneyWorld in Florida is bigger and better but I never got the chance to go there so I don't know.

Went to Disneyworld back in 87. Outside of the excessive heat (it was in the middle of July) it was fun. But than I was 7 and easily pleased.

Are there any The Little Mermaid attractions in Paris? Definitely gonna go some day, the American sounds cool but won't be possible financially any time soon.

David Giuntoli from Grimm, very handsome guy, the pics don't do him justice at all. He's crazy beautiful in season 3 lol.

Kater

Banned
Thanks guys! Just wanted to add that the pictures of landscapes and the one of the castle are not mine! I found them on some websites to show you how Corrèze looks like. The pics of animals, sunset and me are mine though.

All in all it was great fun! And now I feel kinda bummed that the weather is so awful in Paris. I feel like summer is already over even though I'm still on holiday :/

Oh well, it's alright. The sun will be back someday (at least I hope).

Oh didn't you know you came here already! Where did you go? :D

I can't even remember the name at the moment of the place we where at the moment. It was a long time ago. I remember very fragile stones though, lavender fields and lots of amphibians crawling around in the little house we rented.
I'm actually getting angry with myself here because I totally forgot the name and the location we were at. Damn you, brain. :(
We visited a Buddhist center there, me, my brother and my two parents. But we also went to the beach in Nice before when we passed through it, had some ice and a walk through Paris and picnicked on a mountain with a wonderful view over lush green woods and fields.

ciD_Vain

You guys are sweet, thanks guys. A lot of you guys actually helped me through a rough time in my life a couple years back, so thank you.

You guys are sweet, thanks guys. A lot of you guys actually helped me through a rough time in my life a couple years back, so thank you.

I remembered you because you were nice to me when I was posting in one of the old gay threads on some weird phenethylamine drug! (weird sentence).

Caladrius

What is the gayest video game ever made?

Thank you! :) I hate moving, it always feels awkward and stressful for me!

You get used to it after going cross-country for the fifth time.

Yeah, I think the random dungeon thing was hampered by the fact that the game was made for the GBA. If it had been a PS2 game from the beginning I don't think the level design would have been so simplistic.

I'm happy that it's possible to make properly full-featured games with the 3DS and Vita now. It'll be interesting to see if Squeenix stays on consoles or goes back to portables after III since making games that can have feature parity is feasible now.

What is the gayest video game ever made?

You get used to it after going cross-country for the fifth time.

I'm happy that it's possible to make properly full-featured games with the 3DS and Vita now. It'll be interesting to see if Squeenix stays on consoles or goes back to portables after III since making games that can have feature parity is feasible now.

My dad was air force and I got to live in a lot of cool places. It sucked having to make new friends but I now make friends easily now. I even still talk to my best friend I met in kindergarten!

Caladrius

My dad was air force and I got to live in a lot of cool places. It sucked having to make new friends but I now make friends easily now. I even still talk to my best friend I met in kindergarten!

I don't really bother making friends anymore. Takes a long time for me to make them and by the time I do it's time to leave. It feels completely pointless to me.

I don't really bother making friends anymore. Takes a long time for me to make them and by the time I do it's time to leave. It feels completely pointless to me.

It's a skill, though. It's something nice to keep honed and to have the confidence that you can do it whenever your circumstances demand it. You don't have to let people into your heart in a meaningful way or whatever, but making disarming first impressions/being liked and getting people to accompany you when you do stuff is fun even if you kind of forget about them when summer camp is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom