• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

Oh I forgot about animals, that makes things even more complicated!

While I was very surprised how common homosexuality is in nature at first, specially because of how hidden and underreported is, the more I read about it, the more I think homosexual animal behavior can be misleading when describing our own. I wouldn't called giraffes engaging in homosexuales behavior "gay" because it's very simplistic. To start sex for pleasure isn't that common in nature, "gay" is at the end of the day a social construct. Take bonobos, primates really famous for their almost universal bisexuality, but they also engage in sex with infants, are they pedophiles? I don't know, it's not that simple.
I honestly don't think our sexuality is any different, it's just more... complicated, since we ARE more complicated :p But it's still a super basic and primal instinct. What we call "sex for pleasure" is simply avoiding pregnancy. Because other than that, we're also hardly the only species that self-manipulates or does other non-coitus acts, lol.

I think the nurture argument being true would mean statistics would vary wildly between regions and even time frames, not to mention maybe social and family environments - and this doesn't seem to be the case, does it? The truth is we can't put a finger on any "event" that would act as a trigger, while we can put a finger on biological differences. And look around at other species :p

Rayis

Thank you! :) appreciate it!

Hahaha oh dear. Okay! I hope your ears don't bleed or anything :S. It's www.youtube.com/scaccia92 !

OMG! *insta-subs* you have the same microphone I have!~ you have a beautiful voice just as I imagined, I also sing on Youtube but I sing stupid songs so I won't link hahahaha, I love your rich tone and your vibrato *_* <333

also, Thanks Mumei for asking what I was too shy to ask

Rayis

Oh shush y'all, nothing wrong with appreciating a nice singing voice

Though I gotta say I do have a thing for singers as I've said many times before...

Are you challenging DetectiveGAF?

well, they've have to watch many many horrible covers before they get to me, so the torture of going through the whole process might not be worth it, but I salute the brave soul who dares to venture lol.

Grakl

*_* im not thirsty in this thread <333

every time someone new shows im like :O :O :O :O

.......but im not *blushes*

im gonna get you all a fuckin water tower here

water_tower_tan.jpg

Caladrius

Hey everyone! :] I just got approved today, so I'm not a lurker anymore. I just kinda thought I'd introduce myself and say hi, and that it's nice to meet everyone! :] <3

Welcome to our den of... something!

Make yourself at home and if people ask for lewd pictures give them an image of a bologna sandwich.

Grakl

Grakl our favorite pokemon was confirmes today for smash! Those mewtwo beggers are still salty lol

so damn salty, it's great. Somebody said mewtwo looks like the skeleton of a feral cat or something of the sort and I agree, he's so ugly (and not fun)

RM8

Mewtwo > Lucario.

That being said, Lucario and MK/Jiggs are downright broken in doubles by abusing Lucario's idiotic "hurr I become absurdly strong when I have only one stock and my partner still has 3" factor. So I welcome back my doubles partner (unless he gets nerfed, then I don't care).

BTW is "thirst" a PopGAF thing that somehow made it over here?

Grakl

Mewtwo > Lucario.

That being said, Lucario and MK/Jiggs are downright broken in doubles by abusing Lucario's idiotic "hurr I become absurdly strong when I have only one stock and my partner still has 3" factor. So I welcome back my doubles partner (unless he gets nerfed, then I don't care).

thirst came before popgaf and the internet yo

Rayis

I'm only salty cuz they revealed Lucario before Jigglypuff, despite Jigglypuff being in all 3 games and Lucario in only one plus the fourth one, Sakurai refuses to give Jigglypuff the respect she deserves.

royalan

Not quite.

It's a black thing.

Which turned into a Pop culture thing.

And PopGAF, being on the very forefront of pop culture, turned it into a GAF thing.

PopGAF, our impacT.

iK7KVgrNylULw.gif

I just got a "compliment" "I'm not really into black guys but you're handsome".
Was that supposed to make me feel good because uh....

I get that all the time, and you're not wrong for finding it incredibly offensive. I sure as hell do.

RM8

SSB Jigglypuff doesn't have an official gender. Still, since male Jigglypuff are quite rare and SSB's Jiggs is shown wearing rather girly hats, most people I know think it's a female.

Not quite.

It's a black thing.

Which turned into a Pop culture thing.

And PopGAF, being on the very forefront of pop culture, turned it into a GAF thing.

PopGAF, our impacT.
Ah, I see :p Thanks!

Mumei

Hahaha oh dear. Okay! I hope your ears don't bleed or anything :S. It's www.youtube.com/scaccia92 !

Do you take lessons?

I get that all the time, and you're not wrong for finding it incredibly offensive. I sure as hell do.

Anything that involves a particular [insert some minority status person here] being good / attractive / friends material because they "just aren't like other [*] people" is offensive, and I don't know why anyone needs it explained to them that that isn't a compliment.

Grizzo

I just got a "compliment" "I'm not really into black guys but you're handsome".
Was that supposed to make me feel good because uh....

Did he mean it like "black people are not my type" ? Because some people might be into skninny guys, some into chubby guys, some like them tall, some like them small, some like them asians, some like beards, some don't (like Garkl)... I guess everybody has different taste when it comes to man. Maybe that was just an awkward thing to say it.

But if it was something more abrasive like "I hate how black people except for you" then yeah, I'd totally get why you'd be offended.

OMG! *insta-subs* you have the same microphone I have!~ you have a beautiful voice just as I imagined, I also sing on Youtube but I sing stupid songs so I won't link hahahaha, I love your rich tone and your vibrato *_* <333

also, Thanks Mumei for asking what I was too shy to ask

LOLL D'awww I'm blushing.. Thank you very much!! :) I appreciate it. I bet your videos are really cool!

Welcome to our den of... something!

Make yourself at home and if people ask for lewd pictures give them an image of a bologna sandwich.
Thank you so much!! :) HAHAHAH a bologna sandwich. So specific! :p
Do you take lessons?
I do take lessons! :)

Did he mean it like "black people are not my type" ? Because some people might be into skninny guys, some into chubby guys, some like them tall, some like them small, some like them asians, some like beards, some don't (like Garkl)... I guess everybody has different taste when it comes to man. Maybe that was just an awkward thing to say it.

But if it was something more abrasive like "I hate how black people except for you" then yeah, I'd totally get why you'd be offended.

... There is no other way to put it without sounding offensive. We all have our types but it comes across very rude and ignorant.
Before you wouldn't consider someone due to their race but now that you found someone of that certain race attractive you feel the need to say so because you feel like it's a badge of honor.

It's not a compliment at all.

royalan

this is a common thing? what the fuck?

why would anyone ever think it's acceptable to say that?

like, what reaction do they expect to that?

Glad it's not just me. It's such a backhanded compliment, I wouldn't even really call that a compliment really.

And mess at that gif is that Amy Winehouse?

Anything that involves a particular [insert some minority status person here] being good / attractive / friends material because they "just aren't like other [*] people" is offensive, and I don't know why anyone needs it explained to them that that isn't a compliment.

Yep, and it's usually the people on Grindr/Scruff/Manhunt/Adam4Adam/WhatHaveYou that make it a point to put in their profiles, "Not into blacks/asians/hispanics/gingers/native americans/middle eastern (unless you're pale, but even then...nah, let's just so no)/pacific islander/eskimo. Sorry guys, just my preference! ^_~"

I get what you're saying, but I don't really think there's a non-asshole way to tell someone that they're the exception to your racism.

Grakl

Saying something like "I don't like beards, but yours is nice" isn't anything like "I don't people who are black, but you look nice". Judging from some OT threads on it, though, people somehow think differently.

Grizzo

... There is no other way to put it without sounding offensive. We all have our types but it comes across very rude and ignorant.
Before you wouldn't consider someone due to their race but now that you found someone of that certain race attractive you feel the need to say so because you feel like it's a badge of honor.

It's not a compliment at all.

No no, make no mistake, I get it. I was just saying it was maybe a terribly awkward thing to say. I was just saying that's not the first time I heard something like that. Except, replace "black" with "personal characteristics". I didn't make the distinction between race and physical attributes, which may have been read as poor judgement on my part. I apologize.

I thought so! Out of curiosity, what do you (or your coach, I suppose) see as your as strengths and weaknesses?
Hahaha umm well my range is sort of just average.. And I do have tension when I sing (who doesn't I suppose). But I guess I see my vibrato and maybe my tone as potential strengths!

Edit: my mix voice needs lots of work LOL but I have a decent falsetto! Sort of.. LOL

No no, make no mistake, I get it. I was just saying it was maybe a terribly awkward thing to say. I was just saying that's not the first time I heard something like that. Except, replace "black" with "personal characteristics". I didn't make the distinction between race and physical attributes, which may have been read as poor judgement on my part. I apologize.

No need to apologize I get you mean now.

But yeah there is no way you can say that without looking somewhat prejudice.
I can respect peoples tastes you like what you like but saying things like that make you look really bad.

I simple no/ sorry is adequate enough. not stuff like No blacks no asian, no fem, no etc stuff that people sometimes say. Yeah people do have types which is no shock to anyone, and sometimes those types are conditioned through conventional standards of beauty, Its wrong to single out a whole group or type or people for what ever silly reason or thing that has been ingrained into their heads

I simple no/ sorry is adequate enough. not stuff like No blacks no asian, no fem, no etc stuff that people sometimes say. Yeah people do have types which is no shock to anyone, and sometimes those types are conditioned through conventional standards of beauty, Its wrong to single out a whole group or type or people for what ever silly reason or thing that has been ingrained into their heads
Amen to this!!

Pretty much this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eFoxv2fj4g

This is just a taste of how things can get sadly. Asian men especially get the short end of the stick.
Just say thanks for the time but no thanks.

mantidor

Now I feel bad when I said I'm not really attracted to short people. Or blondes.

I guess not all, but it certainly is the overwhelming majority.

RM8

Now I feel bad when I said I'm not really attracted to short people. Or blondes.

I honestly don't think you are discriminating the people you're not attracted to. Don't ban me :( And I say this as someone who thinks all races are a-ok, my deal breakers look-wise are not race-specific.

I like short men but they have to have an ass lol. There was this white guy I dated for some time and he was 5'5 but he had cushion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom