• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's Gribdr rejection count is: 2. Seriously feeling like an ugly troll. It's not even the rejection, it's the straight up ignoring after I send a face pic.

People can be really rude. I was looking at someone's profile and it said "Just because you have the same sexual preference as women doesn't mean you have to act like one." Seriously??

Bailey 87

I'm 6'2", the hubby is maybe an inch shorter.

Finished last night!

That's a really great picture. Talking about pictures. I borrowed
stole
this picture that a Gaffer made (orioto)

sweet_spring_night_by_orioto-d662d9c.jpg

He has amazing skill when it comes to drawing and he is also part of gaygaf, he just never posts. Another pic for my nintendo loving folks

Sai-kun

Banned
People can be really rude. I was looking at someone's profile and it said "Just because you have the same sexual preference as women doesn't mean you have to act like one." Seriously??

Lmao how gross. Every time I see a profile like that, or any profile that mentions how "masc" they are, I just eyeroll and mentally chalk them up as an idiot.

That's a really great picture. Talking about pictures. I borrowed
stole
this picture that a Gaffer made (orioto)

He has amazing skill when it comes to drawing and he is also part of gaygaf, he just never posts. Another pic for my nintendo loving folks

Amazing skills. Tell him I said he's a great artist.

Lmao how gross. Every time I see a profile like that, or any profile that mentions how "masc" they are, I just eyeroll and mentally chalk them up as an idiot.

I do the same thing. The term straight acting also gets on my nerves.

RM8

I don't think the term itself is bad (not any more than a girl referring to herself as a tomboy), the issue is that it's used to discriminate and imply guys who are not "straight acting" are undesirable, unacceptable, etc.

Rayis

Some gay people can be more heteronormative than straight people I swear

also, upon doing some "research" work via facebook, I found out my co-worker crush's dad is a huge Republican bigot homophobe goldnut, holy shit, He might not have the same beliefs as his dad but god damn, I don't know if I even want to talk to him anymore. I dodged a huge bullet there.

I don't think the term itself is bad (not any more than a girl referring to herself as a tomboy), the issue is that it's used to discriminate and imply guys who are not "straight acting" are undesirable, unacceptable, etc.

That's why it gets on my nerves it's what they mean behind it when they say that.

Masamuna

Oh

I didn't realize he did that. It looks great; I just assumed it was official art for something or other that I didn't recognize that he'd finished watching or playing.

but seriously what is it

Guilty gear, zappa and Slayer. Maybe next time I'll do Johan ;)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I've had the hots for this one guy in particular at the gym. I'm on the verge of melting every time we talk a bit. Dude's muscular as all get out but isn't cocky about it. He likes to help other folks in fact, shows them tips, proper form, etc. which makes him awesome. Shame he plays for the other team.

The search continues...

Those types of guys are tha best ^__^

I don't know if I even want to talk to him anymore. I dodged a huge bullet there.

Wha?

RM8

It's dumb in the sense that masculinity is not exclusive to straight people. I don't use it, but I think it simply implies "not feminine", and strictly as a descriptive term it kind of gets the job done. Again, discrimination and overall people being jerks are the issue. If a guy refers himself to straight acting, then I think it's harmless.

Grakl

if a guy used the term "straight acting" seriously I probably wouldn't want to be anywhere near him, it's a completely idiotic term

Delio

Made a mistake and looked at my ex/friends new profile pic and he is cuter than ever. Sigh Ive been avoiding him so much that we really dont even talk anymore.

orioto

Good Art™
Amazing skills. Tell him I said he's a great artist.

Thx :p

Wow not posted there in years.. I've seen some cute guys in the last pages :p I should present myself!

33yo Parisian and single! Hi!

IMG_0878p%27.jpg

Lil' story for the road. I had to remove that pic from Grindr cause everyone was thinking i was tall and muscular, which is not true at all :p

Mumei

It's dumb in the sense that masculinity is not exclusive to straight people. I don't use it, but I think it simply implies "not feminine", and strictly as a descriptive term it kind of gets the job done. Again, discrimination and overall people being jerks are the issue. If a guy refers himself to straight acting, then I think it's harmless.

That's sort of the problem. It's not just a descriptive term, and its usage implies that it is a straight trait. It's basically a shorthand way for insecure masculine gay men to signal, "No, I'm not like those other fags. I'm normal."

Guilty gear, zappa and Slayer. Maybe next time I'll do Johan ;)

<33

Bladenic

Wow not posted there in years.. I've seen some cute guys in the last pages :p I should present myself!

IMG_0878p%27.jpg

Lil' story for the road. I had to remove that pic from Grindr cause everyone was thinking i was tall and muscular, which is not true at all :p

Sweet Jesus.

RM8

That's sort of the problem. It's not just a descriptive term, and its usage implies that it is a straight trait. It's basically a shorthand way for insecure masculine gay men to signal, "No, I'm not like those other fags. I'm normal."
I see. I really didn't know it inherently implied that - again, literally translating that into Spanish doesn't result in a term that is actually used here.
---

Welcome (back?), orioto :D

Mumei

I see. I really didn't know it inherently implied that - again, literally translating that into Spanish doesn't result in a term that is actually used here.
---

I don't think it inherently implies that, but those are the implications in how it is commonly used in the States, at least. Maybe it has a more neutral connotation in other places.

orioto

Good Art™
Sweet Jesus.

See you fell in the same trap!

---

Thx! yeah i was there long ago, telling all sort of slutty stories :p i'll try to be more careful now! There seems to be a lot of people in there!

Don't you hate it when a guy pretends to want to go on a date but just wants to hook up?.
I mean if you just want to hook up say so, I would have said no thanks but be upfront.

How does one go from a meet up at a public setting to a persons place?. I'm not stupid.

RM8

Don't you hate it when a guy pretends to want to go on a date but just wants to hook up?.
I mean if you just want to hook up say so, I would have said no thanks but be upfront.
Part of why I've been on a long, long dating hiatus now. Dating sites are 99.9999% hook ups, and you go out of your way to make the remaining 0.0001% waste their time? :mad:

How does one go from a meet up at a public setting to a persons place?. I'm not stupid.
Agreed, I always get rejected because I want to get to know the guy a bit before meeting and then having a normal date without sex. :'(

Part of why I've been on a long, long dating hiatus now. Dating sites are 99.9999% hook ups, and you go out of your way to make the remaining 0.0001% waste their time? :mad:

Exactly. I have been on a hiatus as well but wanted to try things out.
I think that might have been a mistake.

Agreed, I always get rejected because I want to get to know the guy a bit before meeting and then having a normal date without sex. :'(

Damn, rejected outright?. They weren't worth the time to begin with.

My friend took me to some singles place and not a single person looked my way.
It annoyed me but that was far as it went for me. I know I am an awesome individual who looks decent enough. Their loss.

Damn, rejected outright?. They weren't worth the time to begin with.
Yeah, the last guy said he wanted to know me because he found me really attractive and blablabla, then after a few phone conversations he was like:
"This guy blew me at the theater yesterday."
"Umm..."
"What? Something wrong with that?"
"Um, yeah, I guess since you wanted to get to know me..."
*he hung up in the middle of my sentence*

I guess I was just naive or something, lol.

Bladenic

Yeah, the last guy said he wanted to know me because he found me really attractive and blablabla, then after a few phone conversations he was like:
"Umm..."

Wow. Pretty despicable. Sorry to hear it.

"Umm..."

Well, I know looks is all people have to go on but that sounds suspect to begin with.
I tend to actually read profiles before saying anything then again I am not looking for a hookup.

He just wanted you for your body obviously. But what baffles me is why would he say those things to begin with?.

IMG_0878p%27.jpg

HNNNNNNGH o_o

I'm actually new so.. Nice to meet you!!

Honestly, I don't think about it, I've been rejected too many times that it kinda washes off of me. I'm picky, so I guess i reject people too, but I don't try to deceive them at least. :)

And if he wanted me for my body, then he should really think again, not much to want lol

Honestly, I don't think about it, I've been rejected too many times that it kinda washes off of me. I'm picky, so I guess i reject people too, but I don't try to deceive them at least. :)

And if he wanted me for my body, then he should really think again, not much to want lol

Good eyes says differently. You're hot so hush.
http://www.christianpost.com/news/church-touts-homosexuality-as-a-gift-not-a-sin-50010/
This is an interesting read.
Being gay is a gift from God, asserts one church in Ohio.

That&#8217;s the message that Central United Methodist Church is spreading throughout their community via a digital billboard, launched on Monday.

This &#8220;simple statement,&#8221; the church announced, is &#8220;intended to be a gift to those who have experienced hurt and discrimination because of their real or perceived sexual orientation.&#8221;

&#8220;The Church seeks nothing less than the healing of the world, and Central UMC wants to offer words and acts of healing to those hurt and marginalized,&#8221; the website states.

Jeff Buchanan, the director of Exodus Church Equipping & Student Ministries, agrees that the Church must display love and compassion for those in the LGBT community. But he opposes the message that CUMC is sending through their &#8220;Being Gay is a Gift from God&#8221; campaign.

&#8220;Why would God bestow this &#8216;gift&#8217; only to condemn it throughout the Bible? This would seemingly contradict His character as a God who is loving and just.&#8221;

IIRC homosexuality was seen as a privileged condition by some sections of Gnostic Christianity because it liberated the individual from procreation or raising children to devote more attention to introspection/their spirituality.

I had a guy on Growlr, the supposed bastion of "friendly" bears, tell me to hit the gym for another two years and then come back to the app. :(

Interesting.

They'd be broadly seen as heathens by 'conventional' Christianity though (like it's something Protestants, Catholics, and etc, would all easily agree on) so I'm not sure how relevant it is as an outlier, beyond the point that even historically not all of 'Christianity' is opposed to homosexuality or whatever.

I had a guy on Growlr, the supposed bastion of "friendly" bears, tell me to hit the gym for another two years and then come back to the app. :(

That's really shit. Some bears are no better so not surprised.
That app was trash for me sucks it was the same for you. I bet you look fine.

They'd be broadly seen as heathens by 'conventional' Christianity though (like it's something Protestants, Catholics, and etc, would all easily agree on) so I'm not sure how relevant it is as an outlier, beyond the point that even historically not all of 'Christianity' is opposed to homosexuality or whatever.

You learn something new everyday. Thanks for the backstory.

Yeah I've been called "gay fat" on Grindr before :/. I deleted it after that ;_;

09954248.gif

Rayis

If people on Grindr call obviously flawless and gorgeous guys ugly, I can't even imagine what they would call me, I'd rather not find out.

Grindr update: It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I've been talking to 2 guys and they seem pretty cool. Some guy randomly sent me a nude but I've been warned that things like that happen sometimes lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom