• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masamuna

I had a guy on Growlr, the supposed bastion of "friendly" bears, tell me to hit the gym for another two years and then come back to the app. :(

It's by no means a bastion, and there are assholes everywhere regardless of niche. I've always had a "successful" time on the app so it's straight up nuts to see the reaction you're getting. You have all the milkshakes is what I'm trying to say.

Forget that dude and the horse he rode on.

Edit- I wish I was gay fat. :-(

It's by no means a bastion, and there are assholes everywhere regardless of niche. I've always had a "successful" time on the app so it's straight up nuts to see the reaction you're getting. You have all the milkshakes is what I'm trying to say.

Forget that dude and the horse he rode on.

Edit- I wish I was gay fat. :-(

Thats the thing, these aren't isolated reactions, obviously I'm not everyone's cup of tea. Yeah, I'm not 6 feet tall, and yeah I'm not musclebear, and yeah I don't have abs, but the reactions are so common, happening on all apps, that I seriously think it's me. That there's absolutely something gross about me, my face, my body, that's causing this.

Where's there smoke there's fire, no?

At this point I'd be grateful for a polite, "no thank you, there's isn't a physical attraction". For the record, that's what I do. But to be outright ignored, like I'm not even worth a 5 second response, that my headless torso is great, but my face causes such disgust, provokes such a cold non response.

The funny thing is, that when I go out, when I did go out to bars, it'd be the same thing. But at least I had a gin and tonic to brace the pain.

Anyways, I apologize for my recent posts, and venting. I'm sure you're all eager to move to other topics. I just needed to share.

Thats the thing, these aren't isolated reactions, obviously I'm not everyone's cup of tea. Yeah, I'm not 6 feet tall, and yeah I'm not musclebear, and yeah I don't have abs, but the reactions are so common, happening on all apps, that I seriously think it's me. That there's absolutely something gross about me, my face, my body, that's causing this.

At this point I'd be grateful for a polite, "no thank you, there's isn't a physical attraction". For the record, that's what I do. But to be outright ignored, like I'm not even worth a 5 second response, that my headless torso is great, but my face causes such disgust, provokes such a cold non response.

The funny thing is, that when I go out, when I did go out to bars, it'd be the same thing. But at least I had a gin and tonic to brace the pain.

Anyways, I apologize for my recent posts, and venting. I'm sure you're all eager to move to other topics. I just needed to share.

You're fine, if you need to vent vent. You can PM me and we can talk as much as you like.
I bet you don't look bad don't be too hard on yourself.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

You have a nice personality and you have good looks IMO. The problem is that the gay community can be a bit toxic sometimes and have ridiculously high standards where they need to look themselves in the mirror before being assholes or saying anything stupid. You will get a man eventually and you will see the sun come out of his butt and forget everything that happened on the apps, clubs etc. You'll be fine. :p

fernoca

Yeah, my experience is usually the same. I can have long-ass conversations with people, them saying that they really like me, etc. but when they see a face picture or meet in person; they disappear (hehehe...even in person with the classic"be right back").

I'm used to it. Still sucks, but at least I'm not as disappointed as I was before. Stopped using any app, or website some months ago since it was the same as not using them: I wasn't making any friends or knowing people.

Ironically (because it was the last place I expected to meet someone), the guy I mentioned some time ago; we met on Instagram. And we talk every day and he even went to visit to work some days ago after he left his. Even when I know he's not interested in me for a relationship, we're still friends at least. And I like that.. :)

You have a nice personality and you have good looks IMO. The problem is that the gay community can be a bit toxic sometimes and have ridiculously high standards where they need to look themselves in the mirror before being assholes or saying anything stupid. You will get a man eventually and you will see the sun come out of his butt and forget everything that happened on the apps, clubs etc. You'll be fine. :p

This is so true. Speak the gospel.

Dead Man

The lack of response may be because they are not confident enough to do what you do and say thanks but no thanks. The problem is theirs, not yours.

Sevarus

There's such an interesting difference between how the gay male community focuses on appearance and how the lesbian community... doesn't. I've heard so many stories from gay guys just like the ones above, that if you don't look like Adonis, you're not getting any. Whereas a gay chick can look like she crawled out of a gutter and as long as there's an *~*emotional connection*~*, she's good to go. (Obviously I'm exaggerating a bit)

There's such an interesting difference between how the gay male community focuses on appearance and how the lesbian community... doesn't. I've heard so many stories from gay guys just like the ones above, that if you don't look like Adonis, you're not getting any. Whereas a gay chick can look like she crawled out of a gutter and as long as there's an *~*emotional connection*~*, she's good to go. (Obviously I'm exaggerating a bit)

lol you have a point. While women does go for looks there is more of a chance you will run into a girl who cares more for an emotional connection.

Is that GaIn in your avatar?

Sevarus

That is Ga In! She's my spirit animal.

I am by faaaar the most image-conscious and femme lady out of my queer friends. I love makeup, good clothes, and looking fine, and I like my partner to feel the same way. I feel like an oddity sometimes. I also get a lot of "You're gay? But you're so pretty!" which is just.... great .....

Caladrius

Actually how bannable would it be for me to go onto grindr with a profile picture of a terrifying deep sea animal and just randomly attempt to engage in conversation.

Yes I am a horrible person.

That is Ga In! She's my spirit animal. I feel like an oddity sometimes. I also get a lot of "You're gay? But you're so pretty!" which is just.... great .....

Are you new here? If so, welcome!

And I feel kind of the same way, especially when I've been trying to telegraph that fact to people.
I have a friend right now that should notice the blaring signs that I'm gay and that I have a thing for him but he hasn't said a word about it.
Or maybe he's afraid to say something. Which he shouldn't be because It's public information.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
1965648_531064307011406_473308546_o.jpg
I'm so damn hairy. LOL

And then there's me where I'm essentially only interested in 'love at first sight', effectively multiplying the probabilities of each sets of criteria against each other :p

Sevarus

Are you new here? If so, welcome!

And I feel kind of the same way, especially when I've been trying to telegraph that fact to people.
I have a friend right now that should notice the blaring signs that I'm gay and that I have a thing for him but he hasn't said a word about it.
Or maybe he's afraid to say something. Which he shouldn't be because It's public information.

That was my first post in this thread but I've lurked for quite a while :)

He might be afraid to say something, or maybe you're more subtle than you think =p

I am by faaaar the most image-conscious and femme lady out of my queer friends. I love makeup, good clothes, and looking fine, and I like my partner to feel the same way. I feel like an oddity sometimes. I also get a lot of "You're gay? But you're so pretty!" which is just.... great .....

I hate that, my lesbian friend gets that a lot too.
And yes, GaIn is queen no one can tell me otherwise.

I'm so damn hairy. LOL

And that's a problem? lol.

KmA

It's so sad this is true. It's more socially acceptable to say how ugly you are than to say nice you look.

If I didn't had to shave my face for work and had my beard there wouldn't be a problem but I feel uneven sporting such hair without my sexy beard. But I've gotten used to it.

I can understand that. For me I like to shave mine every now and then that's the most hair on my body lol.
I have slight hair on my chest and the rest on my arms and legs.

Sevarus

It's so sad this is true. It's more socially acceptable to say how ugly you are than to say nice you look.

It is. I'll be hanging out with a group of women and suddenly it just becomes a one-up contest where everyone is talking about how fat they are, look at my muffin top, what are you talking about, I have the world's ugliest feet, pfft, your feet are beautiful, it's my nose that's the problem... do guys do this?

Meanwhile, I'm like
im-hot_492.gif

I look like Chewbacca with a shave face and a haircut.

LOL aww. Idk hair on a guy is hot so I don't mind it.
An ex of mine was a handsome hairy Italian that I am still friends with.
I had to move to PA due to family reasons, I should give him a call now that I think about it.

It is. I'll be hanging out with a group of women and suddenly it just becomes a one-up contest where everyone is talking about how fat they are, look at my muffin top, what are you talking about, I have the world's ugliest feet, pfft, your feet are beautiful, it's my nose that's the problem... do guys do this?

Meanwhile, I'm like
im-hot_492.gif

I tell my female friends all the time they look great and to not be so critical of themselves.

Garcia

In conclusion: dating apps suck, just like real life!

LOL. took me years to learn to use apps for the eye candy exclusively. 100% of my experiences haven't been positive in the long run. ONS/acquaintances maybe, but friendship or something formal? lolnever.

My friend has been dating some guy for 4 months. He found a box and by a box I mean a cardboard box full of condoms in his truck.
He's gonna ask me if there is a possibility something is going on. Um you think?

Garcia

My friend has been dating some guy for 4 months. He found a box and by a box I mean a cardboard box full of condoms in his truck.
He's gonna ask me if there is a possibility something is going on. Um you think?

No way, he's just a condom deliverer. It's the new thing.

mantidor

DarthWufei is ony 5' 9" !?!? crush OVER

I am kidding.

I'm 5'11", I used to say even in this very same thread I don't go for shorter people but actually I was with a guy recently much, much shorter and it was pretty nice.

And in other news, I got to the doctor with my brother, he was prescribed some antibiotics, we were thinking about that ordeal on the way home, the anxiety, the myths... people really dismiss some STDs because they can be cured by two pills in just one day but everyone should really feel more apprehension about the whole thing, the amount of guys that feels is perfectly ok to have casual sex without condoms are really frightening. I really hope my brother has learned his lesson, he was relieved and very analytical about it at least

Caladrius

That was my first post in this thread but I've lurked for quite a while :)

He might be afraid to say something, or maybe you're more subtle than you think =p

Maybe. I'm pretty sure that he's caught me trying to steal glances at him and possibly one time where I was looking down his shirt without realizing it. > ___ >

How long have you been together out of curiosity? And Welcome :)
I'm so damn hairy. LOL
Just the way I love you :p :3
disney-peter-pan.gif

Eh, I'd rather not get a response on Grindr, Scruff, et al. than have people tell me that I'm not sufficiently attractive for them.

Only speaking for myself, of course.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It doesn't make sense, Tinkerbell should be lighting the area around his eyes.

Thx :p

Wow not posted there in years.. I've seen some cute guys in the last pages :p I should present myself!

33yo Parisian and single! Hi!

IMG_0878p%27.jpg

Lil' story for the road. I had to remove that pic from Grindr cause everyone was thinking i was tall and muscular, which is not true at all :p

First of all, cute pic, secondly, I can't with your freaking paintings. They're like black-magic. Have you ever considered putting a video up of your painting process?

orioto

Good Art™
First of all, cute pic, secondly, I can't with your freaking paintings. They're like black-magic. Have you ever considered putting a video up of your painting process?

Thx, well nah i'm slow and redo things a lot.. people who does this kind of video have a straight process you know, they know what they do :p

Mark1

Thx :p

Wow not posted there in years.. I've seen some cute guys in the last pages :p I should present myself!

33yo Parisian and single! Hi!

IMG_0878p%27.jpg

Lil' story for the road. I had to remove that pic from Grindr cause everyone was thinking i was tall and muscular, which is not true at all :p
Mikael you never cease to amaze me with how hot you are. <3

I had two very vivid dreams about a (straight) crush from when I was in high school. We were making out and it was really hot, but it seemed so random when I woke up :p

Also had another dream with an stranger

RM8

My mediocre PC is finally starting to show its age... Apparently it wouldn't run Strider :( The sadness is deep. It's weird because it plays last year releases and ports just fine (DmC, Sonic Racing Transformed, Mortal Kombat, etc.). I didn't think Strider would be more demanding than those games :/ It seems like there's some life left on my PS3 after all.

btkadams

My mediocre PC is finally starting to show its age... Apparently it wouldn't run Strider :( The sadness is deep. It's weird because it plays last year releases and ports just fine (DmC, Sonic Racing Transformed, Mortal Kombat, etc.). I didn't think Strider would be more demanding than those games :/ It seems like there's some life left on my PS3 after all.
i feel your pain. my $3000 2011 laptop couldn't handle the titanfall beta at 60fps with EVERYTHING turned to low or off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom