• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My parents want me to lose weight now that I have free time. Why don't they get I like being fluffy -_-

Garcia

I loved the unrelated part of your post.

mariah-un-no.gif

Will it be localized?

Wow, is that Maraya Kerry?, looks quite different with dark hair.

Crying for you bae

I'm bored with games right now, going on a movie binge. I wish I could stop with entertainment related binges and instead go on a book reading, or better yet, gym binge instead.
I feel you, boo. I wish I could actually enjoy the gym. I've tried and I just can't ;_; LOL. But playing on two soccer teams does help a little bit.. Sort of ;_;
I will go to the gym as soon as I find a multivitamin that doesn't make my heart want to bash its way through my ribcage.

Imma playin' Paper Mario The Thousand Year door for the 6th time.

Quick, who are the preliminary best boy and girl respectively?
In DR? I'm only on chapter one but I like Sakaya and Hiro so far! And Mondo, because
when he swears it turns me on for some reason.
. I excluded the protagonist from the list just cause I'm playing as him LOL but I do like him a lot too!

Meicyn

Gold Member
I alternate between lifting weights and running each day. Every meal is two meats, a fruit, a vegetable, and milk. I restrict the feeding window from 9 am to 6 pm. It's been working really good for me so far, feel I've finally struck the optimal workout/diet combination for myself.

Mr_Zombie

She had been to a gym begore but now she wanted to do crossfit so she invited me and it sounds good to me. Though I'm terrified because I need to do evey routine very quickly :O

Stop right there. If you're just starting with gym and you really want to try crossfit check whether there is a crossfit class for beginners first, where they will teach you proper techniques. If there isn't one, drop it. Otherwise you will looks like those dumbshits and probably do more harm than good to yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8up6A4QesU.

(hint: their technique sucks and with that technique and those weights I'm surprised their backs are still functioning well)

Unfortunately, many crossfit trainers are idiots who prioritize big weights and speed (and that whole "don't stop until you puke!" mantra) over proper techniques which is a huge no-no. Technically crossfit, i.e. that whole mixing of weight lifting, bodyweight exercises, kettlebells exercises and gymnastics, is a good thing. But practically, without a good trainer that knows his/her shit, it can easily lead to a disaster.

Go into the locker room and stare at the guys who are showering.

This is what you DON'T want to do.

I'm too broke to double-dip, so PC version only for me.

It's going to be hard not getting spoiled around here. I'm going to have to avoid so many threads. I've done well so far--I know absolutely nothing about II yet.
I'm not double-dipping out of respect to how the game deserves to be played. My soul will be a bastion of purity like Maiden Astraea's until the 25th of April.
I cannot wait to defile myself.

daripad

Yeah! I found my reason to olay Donkey Kong today lol
But seriously, now after reading a bit (I don't know why I didn't do this before, I usually do this kind of thing before doing something but this week has been absolutely insane and add no internet at home so I didn't do my usual research) I'm not only not getting my foot in there but I'll try to pull my sister off it. She is going to hate me but I worry about her so I'll try to convince her to return to her former gym.

Thanks to all of you guys, now I'll go play some DK finally.

I find myself running everyday in order to counterbalance all the carbs my Nonna feeds me X_X #italianproblems

Mexican food is worse. Everything has to be fried or with Tortillas or both. And I'll never convince my father that they should stop it. He even is in an initial form of High Blood Pressure
and he can still reverse it but he never listens to me and does excercise but never eats properly. My family is self
destructive now that I think of it. Ugh. I always have the reason but they never listen to me, they just do what they feel is fine but it never is. I'm tired of them. *huge sigh*

There's no time like the present to reverse your wasteful ways!
My father would kill me so I better not do anything until I can come out.

RM8

I eat mostly carbs. All macro nutrients have delicious food, but carbs stomp all over everything. Plus everything is better between two slices of bread.

Caladrius

In DR? I'm only on chapter one but I like Sakaya and Hiro so far!

Those are unusual choices. I'm interested to see what you think of them once all is said and done.

And Mondo, because
when he swears it turns me on for some reason.

Veeeery interesting.

Welp. First chapter into Dangan-Ronpa and I'm already terrified. SOMEBODY HOLD ME.

135.gif

gotta expand your diet :p you're missing out.

Maybe. My main problem is that if food is wetter than the Mojave the texture completely ruins the food.

Those are unusual choices. I'm interested to see what you think of them once all is said and done.

Veeeery interesting.

135.gif

Maybe. My main problem is that if food is wetter than the Mojave the texture completely ruins the food.

I finished chapter 1 last night and my choices have already changed... ;_______; and I'm scared but addicted ;_; LOL

Caladrius

I finished chapter 1 last night and my choices have already changed... ;_______; and I'm scared but addicted ;_; LOL

The ride only gets crazier.

what do you eat? lol

Umm...

Cereal (No milk)
sandwiches with either peanut butter or (rarely) lettuce
crackers (saltine or graham crackers)
Italian Bread

That's about it. For drinks it's water and milk. Sometimes I substitute milk for a meal if I'm strapped for time or don't really feel like having anything..

Grakl

Umm...

Cereal (No milk)
Italian Bread

That's about it. For drinks it's water and milk. Sometimes I substitute milk for a meal if I'm strapped for time.

you really need more variety yo

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Cereal (No milk)
Italian Bread

That's about it. For drinks it's water and milk. Sometimes I substitute milk for a meal if I'm strapped for time or don't really feel like having anything..

I'm going to assume/hope you're a kid or teenager, to have such a bizarre aversion to practically all food. It probably started when you were much younger, but you need to put some serious effort into correcting it now because, otherwise, you're looking at serious health issues with your bones, teeth, skin, mental ability, immune system, etc... and no amount of multivitamins is going to help that. You need actual nutrients.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
My father would kill me so I better not do anything until I can come out.

I didn't say to stare at your father while he showers :p How's he gonna know what you're up to at the gym?

Umm...

Cereal (No milk)
Italian Bread

Seek help.
no seriously talk to a psychiatrist or nutritionist or something because that shit ain't normal and I'm surprised you don't have a swath of health problems

Also,

I'm going to assume/hope you're a kid or teenager, to have such a bizarre aversion to practically all food. It probably started when you were much younger, but you need to put some serious effort into correcting it now because, otherwise, you're looking at serious health issues with your bones, teeth, skin, mental ability, immune system, etc... and no amount of multivitamins is going to help that. You need actual nutrients.

this.

MarkusRJR

All this talk of food has made me realise my diet is really limited too. I never really noticed as it's not anywhere as limited as that dude above, but I don't really have any aversion to any particular foods. I just can't cook for shit. How does one learn to cook? Any good starting recipes or resources I can read/watch?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
All this talk of food has made me realise my diet is really limited too. I never really noticed as it's not anywhere as limited as that dude above, but I don't really have any aversion to any particular foods. I just can't cook for shit. How does one learn to cook? Any good starting recipes or resources I can read/watch?

http://www.youtube.com/user/cookingwithdog

Some of the recipes require specialized equipment used only in Japanese/Chinese cuisine so it's best to avoid those but most of them are doable with common Western cookware and ingredients. For example: Fried rice with Char Siu

For western style cuisine: http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/

Not exactly beginner dishes but simple enough in terms of execution and the dude is really good at explaining the process.

SeriousEats is also a good website for all kinds of things, include recipes and tool use (like knife technique).

RM8

I can cook, in strict alphabetical order:

- Curry rice

And that's it. Other than that basic stuff like eggs, steaming rice or frying a portion of chicken, fish, etc.

Vegetarian dishes like stews are easy because you don't have to worry about preparing meat (which is my least favorite part of cooking both from a psychological and sanitary perspective), you typically have some leftovers you can easily warm up which tastes just as good, and meat based dishes also often rely less on good seasoning so it can kind of become a crutch. Just pair some lentils or legumes or whatever with a grain and you have a complete protein. Like this lentil soup is super easy/quick, cheap, and tasty and you always wind up with lots of leftovers you can warm up later. When I was starting I'd sometimes look at videos on good chopping technique (like with onions, since that's one of the things you cut the most it helps to get a faster technique down).

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I just can't cook for shit. How does one learn to cook? Any good starting recipes or resources I can read/watch?

Do you get Food Network or The Cooking Channel? Just watch a few episodes of a cooking show (NOT one of those dumb reality/cooking competition/restaurant/food truck shows) and pay attention to what they do. Cooking is really not hard and watching the people on TV cook will help you see how easy it really is and will help get you in the mood to cook.

Some of the shows that I like are:

Barefoot Contessa (INA GOAT)
Cooking For Real
Good Eats
Kelsey's Essentials
Anything with Nigella Lawson
Simply Delicioso with Ingrid Hoffmann
The Pioneer Woman
David Rocco's Dolce Vita
Easy Chinese with Ching-He Huang
Extra Virgin (though I recommend this more for its entertainment value than for the learning experience)
Luke Nguyen's Vietnam
Nadia G's Bitchin' Kitchen

Also pretty good:

30 Minute Meals (if you can stand Rachael Ray)
Everyday Italian (if you can stand Giada De Laurentiis and her obsession with keeping her eyes and mouth wide open at all times whilst over enunciating Italian words)
Anything with Jamie Oliver (if you can stand his weird hair, flushed cheeks, and accent)
Anything with Sandra Lee (if only to see her stumble around drunk and make tacky table settings using items from the dollar store and also using mostly pre made ingredients to "cook")

You can probably also find videos from these shows online if you don't have TV.

You could also pick up a cook book or read a website or something, but personally, I find it much easier to learn by watching.

MarkusRJR

http://www.youtube.com/user/cookingwithdog

Some of the recipes require specialized equipment used only in Japanese/Chinese cuisine so it's best to avoid those but most of them are doable with common Western cookware and ingredients. For example: Fried rice with Char Siu

For western style cuisine: http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/

Not exactly beginner dishes but simple enough in terms of execution and the dude is really good at explaining the process.

SeriousEats is also a good website for all kinds of things, include recipes and tool use (like knife technique).

Vegetarian dishes like stews are easy because you don't have to worry about preparing meat (which is my least favorite part of cooking both from a psychological and sanitary perspective), you typically have some leftovers you can easily warm up which tastes just as good, and meat based dishes also often rely less on good seasoning so it can kind of become a crutch. Just pair some lentils or legumes or whatever with a grain and you have a complete protein. Like this lentil soup is super easy/quick, cheap, and tasty and you always wind up with lots of leftovers you can warm up later. When I was starting I'd sometimes look at videos on good chopping technique (like with onions, since that's one of the things you cut the most it helps to get a faster technique down).

Do you get Food Network or The Cooking Channel? Just watch a few episodes of a cooking show (NOT one of those dumb reality/cooking competition/restaurant/food truck shows) and pay attention to what they do. Cooking is really not hard and watching the people on TV cook will help you see how easy it really is and will help get you in the mood to cook.

Some of the shows that I like are:

Barefoot Contessa (INA GOAT)
Cooking For Real
Good Eats
Kelsey's Essentials
Anything with Nigella Lawson
Simply Delicioso with Ingrid Hoffmann
The Pioneer Woman
David Rocco's Dolce Vita
Easy Chinese with Ching-He Huang
Extra Virgin (though I recommend this more for the entertainment value than for the learning experience)
Luke Nguyen's Vietnam
Nadia G's Bitchin' Kitchen

Also pretty good:

30 Minute Meals (if you can stand Rachael Ray)
Everyday Italian (if you can stand Giada De Laurentiis and her obsession with keeping her eyes and mouth wide open at all times whilst over enunciating Italian words)
Anything with Jamie Oliver (if you can stand his weird hair, flushed cheeks, and accent)
Anything with Sandra Lee (if only to see her stumble around drunk and make tacky table settings using items from the dollar store and also using mostly pre made ingredients to "cook")

You can probably also find videos from these shows online if you don't have TV.

You could also pick up a cook book or read a website or something, but personally, I find it much easier to learn by watching.
Thanks for all the tips. I'll be sure to check these out before I go grocery shopping this week.

I'm not 100% sure my lack of food diversity is due to my lack of cooking skills though. I just haven't been very adventurous in terms of meals. What dishes would you recommend?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Thanks for all the tips. I'll be sure to check these out before I go grocery shopping this week.

I'm not 100% sure my lack of food diversity is due to my lack of cooking skills though. I just haven't been very adventurous in terms of meals. What dishes would you recommend?

Where do you live? If you're looking for some food adventures it'll be easier to just find a restaurant you wouldn't go to otherwise to experience food you wouldn't ever make at home.

Caladrius

Seek help.
no seriously talk to a psychiatrist or nutritionist or something because that shit ain't normal and I'm surprised you don't have a swath of health problems

Also, this.

I do have a rather nasty case of acne and some bloodspots. Now that I've actually managed to get rid of soda that would be a fairly worthwhile thing to work on next.

You eat like a vagrant.

Well I do fit easily into a cardboard box.

RM8

I do have a rather nasty case of acne and some bloodspots. Now that I've actually managed to get rid of soda that would be a fairly worthwhile thing to work on next.
Start with food similar to the stuff you do like. I know this is a good idea because I have watched Freaky Eaters! :p There was a person who would only eat fries, so they tried using carrot sticks and other vaguely similar foods.

Caladrius

Start with food similar to the stuff you do like. I know this is a good idea because I have watched Freaky Eaters! :p There was a person who would only eat fries, so they tried using carrot sticks and other vaguely similar foods.

A sound idea.

I like crunchy things. Celeri couldn't hurt.

well, those scrambled eggs are godlike
French-style scrambled eggs are the best. I'm glad that that's what I was used to growing up. When I got "American scrambled eggs" from a hotel breakfast once, I thought that they had overcooked them. But I didn't realize there was such a fundamental difference in their preparation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom