• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daripad

mPCvRhz.gif

I'll associate this gif with you from now on.

It fits you very well, pink means gay, right?
I'm joking but that's something I have heard a lot

LOLLL! Well I guess in this case we can role with it..

I can also use this point to bring up the fact that I'm soooo mad that actual shiny Butterfree in the games ISN'T pink!! It's like the exact same except for its green eyes ;____;

daripad

LOLLL! Well I guess in this case we can role with it..

I can also use this point to bring up the fact that I'm soooo mad that actual shiny Butterfree in the games ISN'T pink!! It's like the exact same except for its green eyes ;____;

My favorite shiny is Sylveon, since it was announced I wanted a blue counterpart and I got it, reminds me that I still need to breed one lol.

Also, dat 2DS

My favorite shiny is Sylveon, since it was announced I wanted a blue counterpart and I got it, reminds me that I still need to breed one lol.

Also, dat 2DS
Oh I found that image on Google. I have a 3DS, personally. LOL!

My favorite shiny is.. I don't know.. :( I really dig shiny Mew!

*feels left out* I seriously need to buy a 3DS it just wasn't speaking to me price wise at the time I had some money. Ended up getting a deal on the Vita.
I have a few games on my list to play.

*feels left out* I seriously need to buy a 3DS it just wasn't speaking to me price wise at the time I had some money. Ended up getting a deal on the Vita.
I have a few games on my list to play.

I have a quite a few on my list too, mister :'( It's overwhelming! LOL. I just started Bravely Default, but FFX-HD is coming out soon, and I still have yet to finish Xenoblade LOL!! Those are only a few ;_;

This is also an amazing choice, actually.

Sai-kun

Banned

Also, dat 2DS

Shiny Sylveon >>>>>>>>>> everything

although i did get a regular Sylveon, but male, and I'm pretty proud of that one. Male Sylveon smashin' gender norms!!!

My big crush saga continues. You might remember that guy who "isn't into relationships" but is really nice to me, whom I tried to stay away from until he asked me for a kiss on his birthday. That was a couple of months ago.

I think about a month passed after that until we met again, right before I left for my holidays. He invited me to the movies (with friends). I made out with him before he dropped me off at my place "just in case I didn't come back".

Last week he picked me up at the airport, and we hung out with his friends that night. The situation is pretty much the same as before, we haven't kissed again or anything. I know he won't change his mind.

Earlier today he invited me to go to the beach with his friends on spring break. I just asked him who was going because there's a certain guy I can't stand but thank God I'm not the only one so he's not going. I'm still not sure what I want to do. I've never been very outgoing and don't have many friends so it would be nice to do something other than staying at home for a change. I won't lie, obviously the main reason I'd go is him.

I feel very good around him even if sometimes the presence of his friends can be a little intimidating. I don't drink, which you can guess is what they do most of the time and I'm quiet and guys can be annoying like "why don't you talk? Why don't you drink?".

And then there's a chance he might do something stupid that would hurt me, like hooking up with someone, which I think is most likely to happen... unless that someone is me.

Sai-kun

Banned
If 4 people in a 5 person group are creating an environment that isn't going make for a positive experience (for you), I don't think it's worth putting yourself through that for that 1 person.

My big crush saga continues. You might remember that guy who "isn't into relationships" but is really nice to me, whom I tried to stay away from until he asked me for a kiss on his birthday. That was a couple of months ago.

I think about a month passed after that until we met again, right before I left for my holidays. He invited me to the movies (with friends). I made out with him before he dropped me off at my place "just in case I didn't come back".

Last week he picked me up at the airport, and we hung out with his friends that night. The situation is pretty much the same as before, we haven't kissed again or anything. I know he won't change his mind.

Earlier today he invited me to go to the beach with his friends on spring break. I just asked him who was going because there's a certain guy I can't stand but thank God I'm not the only one so he's not going. I'm still not sure what I want to do. I've never been very outgoing and don't have many friends so it would be nice to do something other than staying at home for a change. I won't lie, obviously the main reason I'd go is him.

I feel very good around him even if sometimes the presence of his friends can be a little intimidating. I don't drink, which you can guess is what they do most of the time and I'm quiet and guys can be annoying like "why don't you talk? Why don't you drink?".

And then there's a chance he might do something stupid that would hurt me, like hooking up with someone, which I think is most likely to happen... unless that someone is me.

I feel the best thing you could do for yourself is stay away from him. Just my 2 cents.
But if you want to hang around him still you will need to accept he will not be yours.

Menaged

My big crush saga continues.

Generaly, I'm with Sai, solely because you'll probably won't enjoy going out with these guys, so it's not worth it, plus it will save you some heart ache.

With that said, you mentiond that it's nice to do stuff outside your comfort zone once in a while, and I agree. So maybe try going out with them once, maybe two times tops, and worst case scenario it's an evening gone to waste, and you'll know not to repeat that mistake.

Caladrius

Cheshit is the worst starter

I had forgotten that they made a road-kill pokemon.

Such a good choice, Starmie is actually one of my favorite Pokemon ever tbh. LOL!

Starmie is my go-to water pokemon whenever I can get my hands on one.

Most of my favorite pokemon have good shiny forms, thank god. (The only ones that don't are Kabutops, Garchomp and Giratina)

I feel very good around him even if sometimes the presence of his friends can be a little intimidating. I don't drink, which you can guess is what they do most of the time and I'm quiet and guys can be annoying like "why don't you talk? Why don't you drink?

I agree with Sai-kun on this. If you feel out of place it's just going to suck. It's not like you'll be able engage yourself with him that much in an especially personal way.

scarlet

If you feel uncomfortable, but you think he's worth it and you can think clearly, then go for it.

If you feel uncomfortable, and you think he's not worth it and you're horny, then don't.

So I was trying not to but I ended up telling him upfront that If I was going it was to be with him, that I just want to have a good time and not be down while I'm there. So he said "something might happen" because one of the guys who is going is hitting on him. So I told him I'd rather not go then.

I know I've been here a few times already but this is it. I'm done with this asshole.

scarlet

So I was trying not to but I ended up telling him upfront that If I was going it was to be with him, that I just want to have a good time and not be down while I'm there. So he said "something might happen" because one of the guys who is going is hitting on him. So I told him I'd rather not go then.

I know I've been here a few times already but this is it. I'm done with this asshole.

Good for you, don't waste your time for them.
Cheers and move on!

I came out to my brother tonight. I'm unsure as to how it went as he was rather indifferent. I ultimately didn't care if he knew or not, it was merely to ensure that, should I have somebody I've been speaking to, and seeing, quite regularly over, that nothing is reported to my parents. I'm not really sure how much I trust him with it, certainly in the long term, but it is preferable to him hearing something from people in school. or noticing somebody coming over regularly, and reporting it to my parents.

I'll never understand people who pull crap like this. Might as well been a twosome from the beginning.

Caladrius

From the things I hear about in this thread I'm under the impression that if someone is teasing you and rejects you more than twice it's best to show them the door.

Is that being too quick to judge?

From the things I hear about in this thread I'm under the impression that if someone is teasing you and rejects you more than twice it's best to show them the door.

Is that being too quick to judge?

Try to be objective, what do you want from him and what does he want from you? If you're not satisfied by the situation is there any reason for it to change in the future?

Caladrius

Try to be objective, what do you want from him and what does he want from you? If you're not satisfied by the situation is there any reason for it to change in the future?

That's a fairly reasonable way to look at it. It's a bit hard for me to actually think about it that way because I usually keep second-guessing myself and giving people a lot of the benefit of the doubt. That's mostly because I have poor social skills and can read social cues and concealed intentions about as well as hieroglyphics, so a lot of the time I basically have no idea what the actual dynamics of any particular relationship actually involve. Most of the time I can't even tell if the people I'm talking to even actually enjoy my company.

That's a fairly reasonable way to look at it. It's a bit hard for me to actually think about it that way because I usually keep second-guessing myself and giving people a lot of the benefit of the doubt. That's mostly because I have poor social skills and can read social cues and concealed intentions about as well as hieroglyphics, so a lot of the time I basically have no idea what the actual dynamics of any particular relationship actually involve. Most of the time I can't even tell if the people I'm talking to even actually enjoy my company.

I think this is usually an area where thinking is to our detriment, because there's always a degree of ambiguity in social interaction, and trying to apply some kind of rational heuristic seems to hold a magnifying glass up to it. I want to say to go with your gut, it seems like you were already inclined to move on, there's probably a reason for that. Speaking from personal experience, the main confounding motives in a decision like this (that is one made on the basis of feeling) are a kind of pridefulness or defensiveness (as opposed to just a healthy degree of self esteem, it has a more reactive character to it) and fear or doubt, if neither feels particularly accurate you're probably composed enough to not doubt whatever decision you do make down the line.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's either Thirst or Pokemon.

d14807efc90242a96db2e7f744779ef4.gif

whynotboth?

Caladrius

Every time I blink this thread turns to pokemonz.

image.php

I think this is usually an area where thinking is to our detriment, because there's always a degree of ambiguity in social interaction, and trying to apply some kind of rational heuristic seems to hold a magnifying glass up to it. I want to say to go with your gut, it seems like you were already inclined to move on, there's probably a reason for that. Speaking from personal experience, the main confounding motives in a decision like this (that is one made on the basis of feeling) are a kind of pridefulness or defensiveness (as opposed to just a healthy degree of self esteem, it has a more reactive character to it) and fear or doubt, if neither feels particularly accurate you're probably composed enough to not doubt whatever decision you do make down the line.

I tend to hesitate immensely before finally taking action, mostly because I know it's difficult to undo something, especially when it involves interpersonal relationships. I think having that always in the back of my head leads me to considering things for a very long time, overthinking it and eventually becoming paralyzed because there's too much contradictory reasoning and emotion going into it.

Also, I never mentioned having to move on from a love interest.;p

Though that actually is related to what I've been thinking about lately. I left my first love nearly a year ago and I've been thinking about whether or not that was the right thing to do ever since. How I did it was indisputably wrong (I just cut off contact completely like a putz because I didn't know how to approach the problem), but part of me in the back of my head still wonders if it could have gone somewhere if I had hung in there.

I left him due to a mixture of family problems that made a relationship with me toxic and because of the fact that he was noncommital about a long-distance relationship after nearly 5 years of flirting and social engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom