• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. F

Banned
I will!
eventually :3

Holding you to it, or else-

B0QQuvS.gif

:3

I saw Kingsman tonight. The actor of played the main character was too fine.
And when he picked up the puppy and was running with it in his vest, I fell in love.
Also, fun movie.

DOWN

Banned
First playthrough of The Order: 1886, done.
Just finished The Order. Took me about 7 hours and I definitely enjoyed it. It was so great looking, almost certainly setting the bar graphically, that I can't say I totally understood or was even that aware of elements that stood out as negatives. The original guns were very neat, the music was excellent, and the gameplay was maybe 70% Gears of War inspired but wrapped in sophisticated production aims, and 30% Beyond/ Heavy Rain strict vision. I suppose for negatives I'd say the fantasy portions of the overall rebellion story weren't alive enough and that made it seem like the story took itself too seriously in some elements where the inherent concern of all the characters wasn't that clear in the scope shown of the source of conflict.

If there's one thing you need to do with your main characters in any drama narrative game, it's have us believe there's more to them than the immediate concern by having scenes or notable beats where they breathe freely and hint at their own mind and not just their fight or flight, or squad dynamic mentalities. The Order gave a squad that was easily alluring, but never more than a team with a problem. And perhaps that is a hint at the lack of original life that critics complain of here. The linearity is a structure that, personally, I can't knock it for. I was happy with getting a movie and special agent fantasy hybrid, which has pulled off the scripted presentation better than any others attempting similar styles. I love a cinematic game in most respects. It's the parts of the script we as people might attach to that were too rare, but there was thankfully no shortage of thrilling conflict and scenery.

Anyway, I sure hope there's either a sequel or similarly brutal and mysterious game using the engine and aspect ratio from Ready at Dawn. There's potential for The Order, but more importantly there's a new standard for me when it comes to presentation.

8/10

I will have to wait for it to hit Greatest Hits price. Id try Redbox but Ive had bad experiences with them. Thanks for the impressions, Pantheon.

Nohar

Feeling kinda down lately... Any advices on how to assimilate hundreds of pages of knowledge in 21 days?

*sigh* I wish I had someone to hug right now.

that would mean it would have to actually sell. will wait for BOMBA

Well, whatever they call it when it hits $20.

And Hilary Duff has filed for divorce from her hockey husband. Seems he is a boozer and all over women at the club. First Emma and now Hilary. There aint hope for no one!

Grizzo

And Hilary Duff has filed for divorce from her hockey husband. Seems he is a boozer and all over women at the club. First Emma and now Hilary. There aint hope for no one!

Oh poor her, I've always had a soft spot for her. I love her music and she looks so cute (and hot sometimes).

DUFF can't catch a break. with her flopping album she's now getting a divorce. 2015 is a bad start.

Had an amazing first date last night with a Chef, he's gorgeous and made me try most of his restaurant's menu. Then we went out with his friends/workers, as the night went by we started holding hands, kissing, etc. Somehow we didn't spend the night together even though we both wanted to (according to post date messages) but I hope it's for the better, I really liked him and hope it wouldn't turn into another hookup.

God is so hard not getting all excited about this, I think I'm going to his restaurant tonight again, he invited me to some event he has there.

VegiHam

Had an amazing first date last night with a Chef, he's gorgeous and made me try most of his restaurant's menu. Then we went out with his friends/workers, as the night went by we started holding hands, kissing, etc. Somehow we didn't spend the night together even though we both wanted to (according to post date messages) but I hope it's for the better, I really liked him and hope it wouldn't turn into another hookup.

God is so hard not getting all excited about this, I think I'm going to his restaurant tonight again, he invited me to some event he has there.
Congratulations! It's awesome that it went well for you!

I'm impressed you can do the 'go out with his friends' thing on the first date though. I get nervous getting to know one person; let alone meeting a whole new crowd...

Hope tonight goes good!

Mr_Zombie

I participated in a 10km running race today. Unofficial time (measured with my timer, official times will be available in few days): ~52:50 Official time: 53:01 :D

I think it was my record. Not bad considering somewhere around 4km my right foot started going numb; at about 6km I couldn't feel it at all and had to take a short break to stretch and massage it which cost me a minute or two.

Also, (and I'm surprised I'm actually saying this) I think I hate that beards are in nowadays. There were so many handsome bearded guys there. So many. :(

Hey, guys and gals! I got some new glasses! Whaddya think?

You look good :)

I feel like the Velvet Rage book as of now doesn't have much in it that relates to me. Though perhaps because a lot of it seems to assume that I had a straight, disapproving father in my life and that I have had lots of anonymous gay sex. Sadly my father was mostly an absentee father, and also ended up being gay. If anything this book is relevant far more to him than to me. Secondly, I'm not one for anonymous sex.

Congratulations! It's awesome that it went well for you!

I'm impressed you can do the 'go out with his friends' thing on the first date though. I get nervous getting to know one person; let alone meeting a whole new crowd...

Hope tonight goes good!
Well it wasn't really planned at all. He just told me to come by his restaurant. Then after a while he told me they were going to see the birthday girl and then he could drop me off at my place. Obviously I wasn't going to turn down spending more time with him!!!!

But I really liked that because, at least to me, it meant that he was very into me, because otherwise he wouldn't have invited me and we were fooling around during the rest of the night while we were with them.

DOWN

Banned
I spoke to someone online once who said they had more than one gay brother and their father was gay too I think. Versus me who saw my parents interact with zero gay people in person. Pretty interesting.

Love her too! And now I suddenly miss Parenthood :(
Parenthood was awesome. I miss it too. :(

I just finished watching McFarland USA. Great movie with a neat message. Lots of good new Hispanic child actors too. Costner actually does a decent job too. Definitely go and see it if you like a feel good movie.

Jezan

Feeling kinda down lately... Any advices on how to assimilate hundreds of pages of knowledge in 21 days?

*sigh* I wish I had someone to hug right now.
You are fleeing down because you need to study or feeling down is an obstacle to study? 21 days is more than enough, just program your activities in a way that it leaves enough time to read certain number of pages as and then write a summary so it can be easier to remember.

Why the fuck are half of the Top Sellers on Steam Early Access games? I got caught up into the hype too and did Rust and Starbound Early Access, but I learned my lesson. Why does nobody else on Steam seem to care that they're monetarily supporting shoddy products. Hell the Starbound dude apparently is barely working on the game anymore, and isn't delivering what was promised. And why would he, dude made fucking bank and doesn't even have to deliver.

Kater

Banned
Yeah, most Early Access games are a mess. I follow Jim Sterling's YT channel and he tries out most new Early Access titles and there's so much crappy projects among them, with little to no support.

Yeah, most Early Access games are a mess. I follow Jim Sterling's YT channel and he tries out most new Early Access titles and there's so much crappy projects among them, with little to no support.

I also find it hilarious how I see so many people deride Mobile because they see it as nothing but "timers and IAP" but is that really any worse than this early access and day 1 DLC shit? I mean a lot of people spoke out against Evolve because they finally woke up and saw what the publishers of that game were doing, but Evolve is still in like the top 15 sellers on Steam. And for a good amount of time it was in the top 10.

Kater

Banned
I also find it hilarious how I see so many people deride Mobile because they see it as nothing but "timers and IAP" but is that really any worse than this early access and day 1 DLC shit? I mean a lot of people spoke out against Evolve because they finally woke up and saw what the publishers of that game were doing, but Evolve is still in like the top 15 sellers on Steam. And for a good amount of time it was in the top 10.

I didn't even follow Evolve since I still have L4D and L4D2 which do basically the same thing so yeah. But I understand your frustration with people critizising mobile games who otherwise support or ignore really crappy E.A. titles.

Not bad! minus these east coast storms :( Where have thou been? What about yourself?

Nice Pics Kater :)
Thanks, Chronos. :)

Grizzo

Parenthood was awesome. I miss it :(

Yeah :( at least they had the chance to end it on their own terms, so that's that :)

I'm so drunk, blame that bottle of Amaretto. >.>

tumblr_nk55l2599J1s5zvkco1_400.jpg

Oh right, I got a new haircut by the way! :D

BBCEP54.jpg

You're cute! (I'm drunk too by the way)

Yeah! I'm a fan for sure! She was amazing in this movie! <3 check it out if/when you can! :3

I will! I've always loved teen-movies. Would you say it's a good one?

Also it's got nothing to do with hunger now. My thoughts are definitely taking a turn for the worse. Same as always, I sit wondering what I'm even doing being alive. I don't think I have particularly much to look forward to. Had I no surviving family I really don't think I'd bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom