• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it cold where you are? That's been doing it for me lately, tons of snow and bitter cold keeping me indoors and lazy.
-22C, but that's not so bad. I don't mind the cold too much, it's all the snow that's bothering me.

We've had a really mild winter precipitation wise where I live so it was actually going pretty well, but the last two weeks we had a few fairly big blasts of snow and now it's a "real" winter again, and I'm just totally over it. I want spring like yesterday. And the temp is now starting to swing wildly, 20 degree differences in a single day. It's weird.

DOWN

Banned
Also it's got nothing to do with hunger now. My thoughts are definitely taking a turn for the worse. Same as always, I sit wondering what I'm even doing being alive. I don't think I have particularly much to look forward to. Had I no surviving family I really don't think I'd bother.
Think of something you want to do. There's something for everyone. Talk to a professional if you get stuck for too long and see what their perspective on your state is. Spill more thoughts here too.

Think of something you want to do. There's something for everyone. Talk to a professional if you get stuck for too long and see what their perspective on your state is. Spill more thoughts here too.

I really have though about it, and I have no passion or dream. I guess I'd like to travel to Japan once, and possibly elsewhere. I could always just do that thing where I go off abroad and teach language in Korea/Japan/China... probably not China because no fucking way am I gonna learn that monster of a language when I'm tone deaf. But definitely Japan or Korea. I did apply for the JET Program but didn't get in. But I can always try it again in a year and see if I get in this time. Pretty sure my application had errors last time.

Of course then I either stay in that country for as long as possible, or I come back after a year or two and then what? I guess I could get a post-bachelor's degree in Computer Science but it would look weird to employers that I basically did nothing relevant to the job for 1-2 years, wouldn't it?

I also think it just might be that I'm longing for companionship. But I don't think I'll find someone ever. I mean I did find one guy who actually likes me as a friend, and we're two very similar people. But he's straight. And I don't think I'll meet some gay version of him no matter how long I look.

I need a little bit of advice. As I told you, yesterday when I was with the guy I dated he said a couple of times that he had this thing at his restaurant today like "you'll taste that tomorrow" and then mentioned again that I was going today when I left and told his coworkers that I hope to see them again soon.

Earlier today he wrote "I want to see you", he was at the restaurant already (he's the owner). I know he pretty much assumed I'd be there but he didn't like formally invite me, so I told him to let me know, according to how things were going, if he wanted me to go there. He said yes, come. I asked what time and he said same as yesterday. Then he said "Or I could pick you up when I get out". I just told him whatever worked better for him because I didn't want to distract him or anything while "at work", that I just wanted to see him.

He hasn't replied after that but now I'm fearing I might have given him the wrong impression, maybe he thinks I don't wanna go? I totally want to go but I just sort of wanted him to tell me what time to come, because I don't know how that thing is gonna go, I mean, his clients or whatever will be there. So should I try to fix that?

It just occurred to me that I should just show up anyway. That would be nice, wouldn't it? I'm gonna dress myself up and I wanted to bring something also like a little gift or something but that might be too much? It's just that last night I ate like 100-200$ worth of food at his restaurant without paying a dime and I wanna give something back to him.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I mean that's one way to edit a quote. The "sadly" was more in reference to him being an absentee father than because he was gay.

i c

can you contact him now?

How do I make my OKC profile more interesting?

nudes

Earlier today he wrote "I want to see you", he was at the restaurant already (he's the owner). I know he pretty much assumed I'd be there but he didn't like formally invite me, so I told him to let me know, according to how things were going, if he wanted me to go there. He said yes, come. I asked what time and he said same as yesterday. Then he said "Or I could pick you up when I get out". I just told him whatever worked better for him because I didn't want to distract him or anything while "at work", that I just wanted to see him.

He hasn't replied after that but now I'm fearing I might have given him the wrong impression, maybe he thinks I don't wanna go? I totally want to go but I just sort of wanted him to tell me what time to come, because I don't know how that thing is gonna go, I mean, his clients or whatever will be there. So should I try to fix that?

It just occurred to me that I should just show up anyway. That would be nice, wouldn't it? I'm gonna dress myself up and I wanted to bring something also like a little gift or something but that might be too much? It's just that last night I ate like 100-200$ worth of food at his restaurant without paying a dime and I wanna give something back to him.

That kind of did make you sound unsure. When someone gives you options, this early in the relationship, I think it's best to just pick one or the other ("which restaurant should we go to? A or B?" "Meh whatever". Nah brah, just pick one) Tell him you'll meet him there and he doesn't have to pick you up (you dont want to seem dependent on him). Dont make him chase after you all the time - you have to make the effort to go after him too.

Go to him on your own and bring a nice gift (some lube that burns and then cools, anal beads, etc.).

i c

can you contact him now?

He wasn't absentee in that I couldn't contact him. It's more like he probably had a lot of self loathing due to being gay, and coped with it via substance abuse. He's never been able to stay clean. And then compounding that is some mental disorder which has progressed to the point where he gets disability for it. Honestly as much as I feel sorry for him I don't really have a desire to form any sort of relationship with him. Not even sure I would know how.

Goldrush

Just saw that Netflix have a movie called Lilting with Ben Whishaw. I absolutely want to see it because Ben Whishaw is one of my big celebrity crush. However, LGBT movies are a minefield. Seems like 80% of them just want to rip your soul to shred. For anyone that seen it, please tell me on a scale of 0-10 (where 10 is big ol' smile on my face and 0 is an reenactment of the Temple of Doom heart scene) where I'll be once the end credit pops up.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

no thanx

usually my reaction to a dp is ^___^

i think were talking about different dps

hi hanch

Guys, I turn 27 in a week

Halp

27 is ancient. gay ghost innit

He wasn't absentee in that I couldn't contact him. It's more like he probably had a lot of self loathing due to being gay, and coped with it via substance abuse. He's never been able to stay clean. And then compounding that is some mental disorder which has progressed to the point where he gets disability for it. Honestly as much as I feel sorry for him I don't really have a desire to form any sort of relationship with him. Not even sure I would know how.

maybe you two could bond over your gayness

just say dad lets bond and hell know what to do

dicks per second?

UMpIoCN.gif

daripad

I wonder if anyone has had a crush on me recently considering that I've been having a crush on everyone and their mother.

BTW good evening :)

Okay. The job hunt hasn't been going so well because of all this damn ice but I've kept myself preoccupied to keep my mind off things.
The east cost has gotten some absolutely brutal weather, I feel really bad for y'all.

Hoping things improve for you soon on the job hunt. Just got to keep at it.

bigkrev

new england be like

I'm super happy that Jersey has not had that much snow. We -may- have gotten our biggest snowfall of the season this afternoon, and it isn't more than 3 inches.

I'd probably have killed myself at the age of 10 if I lived somewhere that gets serious snow. I can't stand it.

Crayons

Banned
I can't even. Just no.

(I keep meaning to tell you that I love your Slurpy av.)
Thanks!

It's crazy how humans live everywhere. You'd think a long time ago they'd maybe move away from a place that drops a few feet of snow on them every year.

I'm super happy that Jersey has not had that much snow. We -may- have gotten our biggest snowfall of the season this afternoon, and it isn't more than 3 inches.

I'd probably have killed myself at the age of 10 if I lived somewhere that gets serious snow. I can't stand it.
It's just awful here. It's always fucking snowing. If there is a God and he has a light switch to turn snow on or off in this state, then God needs to call in his repairman because the switch has been stuck on 'Snowing' for the past two weeks.

I'm at the restaurant now, I was just about to leave home when he texted me to come. He's busy as hell but that's ok with me, I think the place closes in about an hour so he'll slow down soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom