• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I heard, Guy was a homophobe. It's the word of his old crew from triple-D, though, after he fired them, so who knows. I also didn't know his sister was gay. I wonder if it's the vegetarian that occasionally appeared on his show?

I miss Ace of Cakes QQ

VegiHam

In a world where everyone was bi, if we're being realistic, let's be honest; we'd all at some point fall for a cute same gendered person who really liked us back but they'd say 'I only date the opposite gender because I want biological kids' and it'd be depressing.

This isn't a judgement on bisexuals btw it's just an unfortunate thing that's happened that I think everyone would experience at least once in a mono-sexuality free world.

Crayons

Banned
In a world where everyone was bi, if we're being realistic, let's be honest; we'd all at some point fall for a cute same gendered person who really liked us back but they'd say 'I only date the opposite gender because I want biological kids' and it'd be depressing.

This isn't a judgement on bisexuals btw it's just an unfortunate thing that's happened that I think everyone would experience at least once in a mono-sexuality free world.

what if anyone could reproduce with anyone too

Rayis

I'd like to think that or at least in my experience, being gay has sometimes a gender component to it as well, I cannot say that I'm just like every other male out there besides liking other males because it isn't true, I acknowledge that I have a very feminine personality and I react to things differently than your average guy, and I think the gay rights movement should acknowledge that and educate people about gender expression and identity.

Mr. F

Banned
Tatiana Maslany is fantastic and deserves all the awards she hasn't received. All of them.

Yeah she's been fantastic so far. Also really impressed with the special effects of her interacting with her other selves, considering how badly that's been pulled off in other shows/movies. *cough*ArrestedDevelopment*cough*

RM8

I'd like to think that or at least in my experience, being gay has sometimes a gender component to it as well, I cannot say that I'm just like every other male out there besides liking other males because it isn't true, I acknowledge that I have a very feminine personality and I react to things differently than your average guy, and I think the gay rights movement should acknowledge that and educate people about gender expression and identity.
How much of that is related to being gay, though? It reminds me of the straight guy who is "fabulous" (and who didn't stay in the thread :[). To me, it's not a gender thing at all, I'm hardly a testosterone-fueled-macho guy but I identify as a guy in the same way my straight friends do. So in the end we should avoid these generalizations altogether, we're not a homogeneous club and that's okay, since there's no correct approach to being gay.

Rayis

How much of that is related to being gay, though? It reminds me of the straight guy who is "fabulous" (and who didn't stay in the thread :[). To me, it's not a genre thing at all, I'm hardly a testosterone-fueled-macho guy but I identify as a guy in the same way my straight friends do. So in the end we should avoid these generalizations altogether, we're not a homogeneous club and that's okay, since there's no correct approach to being gay.

I honestly don't know, for all I know I could be trans (which I've definitely wondered about before and haven't come to a conclusion) but as of now I identify as a guy out of convenience more than anything, regardless, that is one of the many issues with labels, they don't always fully explain the whole story so it is wise like you said to avoid generalizations and get to know a person as the individual they are.

now that I think about it, I'm not completely okay identifying as just a guy, to me the term is riddled with societal expectations of behavior that I'm unable or unwilling to perform, or that might just be me overthinking.

We're talking about death and dying today in lecture.

I feel so drained. Lordy

That subject is actually really fun if you just let it overwhelm you. I'm taking a psychology of death and dying course and my experience with it is usually one of initial dismay and discomfort, followed by a weird sort of calm and security (through acknowledgement of insecurity). It sort of feels like letting go of a burden you didn't know you were carrying. It's kind of hard to explain, and it's an emotional roller coaster, but I always feel really good after I leave that class, and normally I wouldn't really expect that. But I guess the running theme throughout the course is that dying is just another phase of living (and isn't contrary to living life in any way), so the acknowledgement of death, as opposed to our tendency to ignore it, is actually extremely life-affirming. YMMV, though, obviously.

We're talking about death and dying today in lecture.

I feel so drained. Lordy
We're currently talking about human evolution.

Exciting stuff, but I sort of just want to go back to bed ;_;. It's almost nap time LOL!

It's what I get for playing Persona until late, I suppose X_X

Time to grab a Watermellon and start practicing!

Sigh.. ;______;!!!

Lube me up.

lNjrkmQ.gif

RM8

I honestly don't know, for all I know I could be trans (which I've definitely wondered about before and haven't come to a conclusion) but as of now I identify as a guy out of convenience more than anything, regardless, that is one of the many issues with labels, they don't always fully explain the whole story so it is wise like you said to avoid generalizations and get to know a person as the individual they are.

now that I think about it, I'm not completely okay identifying as just a guy, to me the term is riddled with societal expectations of behavior that I'm unable or unwilling to perform, or that might just be me overthinking.
IMO you shouldn't lose sleep over such labels. You can be a feminine guy, that's perfectly fine. That doesn't mean you're trans (which of course you could also be). My only point is that referring to gay people as anything else than simply people who are attracted to the same gender automatically alienates people who don't follow those additional rules.

Shinobix

I have a huge crush on a straight friend/coworker that's being going on for a year now. He's getting married in a few months :( pity

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
No it doesn't.

what brand do drink

Making myself "whatever the fuck I have in my kitchen" soup. So basically carrot + potato in a miso broth. Probably won't be any good. But I lack any bread or meat for lunch.

last night i made this really good fried rice - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA4EWlv6HUM - only with some frozen pea/carrot mix and no meat, and i think you should make it too. the white pepper and agave really make it, I think.

I just had the scariest image in my head of giving birth out of my ass

lmao

I have a huge crush on a straight friend/coworker that's being going on for a year now. He's getting married in a few months :( pity

He's not married yet! There's still a chance!

I have a couple myself. c: Can't really tell about them, though. The already low opinion everybody has of me would plummet even further...! Intentionally or otherwise.

Tell us we're all friends here!

Congrats! :)
What's the job description?
Thanks. :)

I don't want to be too specific because we haven't done all the paperwork yet, but it's not in merchandizing anymore which is a huge relief. (I was so burnt out on that.) It's a professional/office environment and a salaried position which is gonna be such a huge help to me in saving for school/life.

Congrats, Hours Left!
Thank you. :)

Congrats, Hours Left!

Tell us we're all friends here!

You're all friends here.

Hmm, well... First, a disclaimer: Consent is absolutely the main priority. Anyway, my kinks...
Domination (To me or from me, it doesn't matter), amd Machocism (To me, I don't care much for it the other way around).
:p

Congrats, Hours Left!

You're all friends here.

Hmm, well... First, a disclaimer: Consent is absolutely the main priority. Anyway, my kinks...
Domination (To me or from me, it doesn't matter), amd Machocism (To me, I don't care much for it the other way around).

I love getting dominated, probably the most. o///////o

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Thanks Ratsky. :)

I was offered a new job last month but I ended up turning it down. (For a variety of reasons.) This one will be a much better fit and help me save for school much, MUCH quicker.

Good for you! :3

You're all friends here.

You're our friend too brah!

Nothing weird about that! Thanks for sharing!

Sai-kun

Banned
Congrats, Hours Left!

You're all friends here.

lmao i don't think anyone here is gonna judge you for tame stuff like that

I love getting dominated, probably the most. o///////o

Why, what a pleasant coincidence~! c;

You're our friend too brah!

Nothing weird about that! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks...!

giphy.gif

And yeah, I kinda think it's not usually an accepted thing? Ah, well. I wonder if anyone else around here has 'interests' along the same line~

lmao i don't think anyone here is gonna judge you for tame stuff like that

Sorry. Strict Catholic upbringing™. Everything fun's evil. :c

Dany

Banned
Congrats, Hours Left!

You're all friends here.

Ropes, bonding, tieing down. soft choking. But not about playing roles, that doesn't do it for me. Being called daddy is kinda like a....nah. Also doing it in public Is hot or almsot being caught. Dangerous :3

Speak for yourself. I wouldn't let Masquerader take care of my pet rabbit now that his secret is out :mad:

If I had a pet rabbit, I mean.

scared-bunny-binky.gif

Ropes, bonding, tieing down. soft choking. But not about playing roles, that doesn't do it for me. Being called daddy is kinda like a....nah. Also doing it in public Is hot or almsot being caught. Dangerous :3

Doing it in public counts as a kink? Damnit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom