• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

Actually there is a bisexual rights activists Dr. Farajeje (he's changed his name by now I think) who advocated for Polygamous marriages. He was married to a man and a woman at the same time. I'm not sure how I feel about this, but he makes a really strong case for Polygamous relationships.

DOWN

Banned
I think the main thing that really upset me about being gay was that in my life, since there was never another gay person to see around my mild Christian Republican-voting parents and Christian school friends, I didn't feel like I had anyone that I could breathe freely around once I knew I was gay. When they've never said they don't mind or that it's okay with them, and instead have made comments suggesting the opposite, everyone around then has potential to grow distant or upset over knowing. Having to worry that every person around me realistically may consider me unwelcome was awful. I think it may be the one thing I get angry about. That no one made sure I wouldn't be feeling so unsure of having just anyone, without me having any control over that feeling of risk.

I'm glad to say they all surprised me and haven't gone anywhere. But I think at the very least if there's one thing I would want a kid in my life to have, whether mine or a nephew or otherwise, it would be someone's acceptance to rely on and I would make sure to tell them they have mine. Tired, sad, scared, sorry, angry, right, wrong, wandering, or lost, you're still mine.

Ty4on

days > nights if youre driving. i can't guarantee that i won't hit you in the dark.

High visibility west and
high_beam_indicator.gif

Hard to avoid night driving when it turns dark after 3. I kinda miss it in the summer though, a lot of stuff are so pretty at night.

DOWN

Banned
Oh, sure. Especially in rain it can get hard on the eyes to adjust. I still for whatever reason like the ambience of driving home late at night on deserted roads with the odd critter.
I always drive to my parents' at night, usually between 1am and 3am, 2.5hr drive. I like no traffic, loud stereo, and a stop at McDonald's before I get on the highway.

Ty4on

I always drive to my parents' at night, usually between 1am and 3am, 2.5hr drive. I like no traffic, loud stereo, and a stop at McDonald's before I get on the highway.

Yeah, it is nice being completely alone with the music. While my (night owl) body would probably love doing that, but I think my parents would hate me...
I'm kinda bummed getting a car for the five hours between me and my parents doesn't make any sense (plane is same price and takes 30 minutes) even though it is a bit long.

Kevyt

Michael Hoffman keep releasing nude video of himself. lol

I can't complain. He has an amazing body.

I think themmain thing that really upset me about being gay was that in my life, since there was never another gay person to see around my mild Christian Republican-voting parents and Christian school friends, I didn't feel like I had anyone that I could breathe freely around once I knew I was gay. When they've never said they don't mind or that it's okay with them, and instead have made comments suggesting the opposite, everyone around then has potential to grow distant or upset over knowing. Having to worry that every person around me realistically may consider me unwelcome was awful. I think it may be the one thing I get angry about. That no one made sure I wouldn't be feeling so unsure of having just anyone, without me having any control over that feeling of risk.

I'm glad to say they all surprised me and haven't gone anywhere. But I think at the very least if there's one thing I would want a kid in my life to have, whether mine or a nephew or otherwise, it would be someone's acceptance to rely on and I would make sure to tell them they have mine. Tired, sad, scared, sorry, angry, right, wrong, wandering, or lost, you're still mine.

That's good. So you would want to have children eventually? Biological?

DOWN

Banned
That's good. So you would want to have children eventually? Biological?
Not sure if I do want any. I'd say generally I haven't felt an urge to. Going to wait a while and I'm sure I'll be an uncle for a a few years before I feel a need to be certain. That said, I don't think I'd care if the kid was biologically mine or my race. I'd leave that up to the husband, if I end up deciding to be with someone who wants children and I've decided I want children too.

mantidor

Actually there is a bisexual rights activists Dr. Farajeje (he's changed his name by now I think) who advocated for Polygamous marriages. He was married to a man and a woman at the same time. I'm not sure how I feel about this, but he makes a really strong case for Polygamous relationships.

Unfortunately polygamous marriages with healthy, well adjusted and equal individuals are the exception rather than the norm. He must have a really strong case to try to argue for their legalization, most of the time is a man with a harem of wives, it's a situation too complex for any government to look over and ensure all parties are being treated well.

And even if we remove that, if a relationship with one person is complex enough with two it's exponentially more complicated, good thing if it worked for them but that is like 1 in a million kind of situation.

Ty4on

Unfortunately polygamous marriages with healthy, well adjusted and equal individuals are the exception rather than the norm. He must have a really strong case to try to argue for their legalization, most of the time is a man with a harem of wives, it's a situation too complex for any government to look over and ensure all parties are being treated well.

I feel the latter is a seperate issue. It is a serious one as all misogyny is, but it just smells of bringing up issues some gay relationships have as an argument to ban gay marriage.

Kater

Banned
My father is in a relationship with another woman who lives with my mother and him and they live together pretty much without any problems for 13 or 14 years now. I thought at first that it was strange when I was a lot younger but I can fully accept that by now and I shake my head at my younger self for fighting with my father so much even though he explained it pretty well to me that there can be such a thing as shared love between more than two people.

tumblr_naeo4xfDhW1rrtgyjo1_1280.jpg

This shows pretty well the diversity of poly relationships there are, clears up a lot of misconceptions, I hope.

Should be the other way round.
I don't have time for everything!

I try to keep up with my two OTs though and post now and then (Furry and LGBTQIA+ OT). 😼

Kevyt

And even if we remove that, if a relationship with one person is complex enough with two it's exponentially more complicated, good thing if it worked for them but that is like 1 in a million kind of situation.

Yeah, any type of relationship between three people can be very unstable.

My father is in a relationship with another woman who lives with my mother and him and they live together pretty much without any problems for 13 or 14 years now. I thought at first that it was strange when I was a lot younger but I can fully accept that by now and I shake my head at my younger self for fighting with my father so much even though he explained it pretty well to me that there can be such a thing as shared love between more than two people.

tumblr_naeo4xfDhW1rrtgyjo1_1280.jpg

This shows pretty well the diversity of polygamous relationships there are, clears up a lot of misconceptions, I hope.

Yeah... it's hard for me to come around polygamy, but I can understand why it works for some. Still, I think the main western view is that polygamy is wrong.

Kater

Banned
Yeah... it's hard for me to come around polygamy, but I can understand why it works for some. Still, I think the main western view is that polygamy is wrong.
That's because it's something that people just got used to the idea of poly relationships being "wrong", the idea has been unchallenged for way too long. I think this could change, just like relationships between two men or two women are now slowly become accepted again we'll see poly relationships become accepted. As long as all partners are consenting adults there is no logical reason for it to be not allowed.

mantidor

What a complicated designation for people who just sleep around. I'm all for it if everyone is happy, but do we have to label every single thing? urgh

I feel the latter is a seperate issue. It is a serious one as all misogyny is, but it just smells of bringing up issues some gay relationships have as an argument to ban gay marriage.

wat

What does this has to do with gay marriage? gay marriage is between two people too, polygamous marriage has no limits, and there lies the issue, if you make polygamous marriage legal it would make no sense to limit the number of people in it. Three people might be manageable but what about 6, 7? what about the kids in those families? it would require a lot of work to be done.

edit: and before people get me wrong, I'm talking about stuff like divorce, if a girl wants out, and she is the biological mother of one of the kids, who gets the custody? what if she is not the biological mother but she was the one closest to the kid? that's just one small example of the can of worms this could open.

garyBig

HOLY FUCK

YAAAAASSSSSSSS

Bisexual representation on TV got a huge win a couple nights ago that I only just now found out about :O

In a twist, they revealed that the main character in
Black Sails
is bi :O

yyaaaaassss

Starz
is killing it with bi lead characters, with two shows now!

Man, watched the latest ep just now, and damn how they had us fooled the entire time, it still kinda blows my mind a little.
It's really become a very awesome show.

berzeli

Banned
So um, I'm up way too late (yay insomnia!), the clock is nearing 4 am and I keep having this thought; Is it wrong of me to want to hatefuck Aaron Schock?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I can't complain. He has an amazing body.

another shawty

Man, watched the latest ep just now, and damn how they had us fooled the entire time, it still kinda blows my mind a little.
It's really become a very awesome show.

Yeah, the first season was really uneven but season two has been a big improvement so far.

Is it wrong of me to want to hatefuck Aaron Schock?

Why would it be wrong of you?

DOWN

Banned
Uh oh. Just saw the Parks and Rec favorite joke thread since it ended. This means tomorrow I'm going to have my last big Qdoba burrito while watching Parks and Rec. Already had to do it for 30 Rock. I hate when shows end even if they're ready.

berzeli

Banned
Why would it be wrong of you?

tbh, I'm a bit worried he would be hating himself more than he would hate me for being a dirty communist (or whatever all that is to the left of Reagan is called these days) which kind of negates entire premise of hatefucking. It just wouldn't feel right if we both didn't get really into it.
Also since he spends so much time lavishly spending on superficial things for himself I'm concerned he would spend the entire evening looking at the mirror of himself fucking à la America Psycho rather than paying any sort of attention to me and my needs.
Furthermore, his disconcerting interest in Katy Perry makes me worried for the ambiance our session would have. I mean fine, I think I would be able to stay hard to "Hot n Cold" but there's no way I would be able to make it through something like "Roar".

That and also, how much can you separate a person's beliefs & personality from an act of sexual intimacy powered by physical attraction.

That's because it's something that people just got used to the idea of poly relationships being "wrong", the idea has been unchallenged for way too long. I think this could change, just like relationships between two men or two women are now slowly become accepted again we'll see poly relationships become accepted. As long as all partners are consenting adults there is no logical reason for it to be not allowed.

Lol you put my name in the quote section even though you were quoting HippieHobo.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
tbh, I'm a bit worried he would be hating himself more than he would hate me for being a dirty communist

So don't talk about politics or feelings.

Also since he spends so much time lavishly spending on superficial things for himself I'm concerned he would spend the entire evening looking at the mirror of himself fucking à la America Psycho rather than paying any sort of attention to me and my needs.

Remove all mirrors.

Furthermore, his disconcerting interest in Katy Perry makes me worried for the ambiance our session would have.

Everyone can agree on Mariah.

That and also, how much can you separate a person's beliefs & personality from an act of sexual intimacy powered by physical attraction.

Completely.

Kevyt

So um, I'm up way too late (yay insomnia!), the clock is nearing 4 am and I keep having this thought; Is it wrong of me to want to hatefuck Aaron Schock?

tbh, I'm a bit worried he would be hating himself more than he would hate me for being a dirty communist (or whatever all that is to the left of Reagan is called these days) which kind of negates entire premise of hatefucking. It just wouldn't feel right if we both didn't get really into it.
Furthermore, his disconcerting interest in Katy Perry makes me worried for the ambiance our session would have. I mean fine, I think I would be able to stay hard to "Hot n Cold" but there's no way I would be able to make it through something like "Roar".

Wait... what? o.o

Hatefuck Aaron Schock? What's that? I hope it's not what I'm thinking, lol.

Wait, hold up... you're dating Aaron schock?

Woah... o: O:

Uh oh. Just saw the Parks and Rec favorite joke thread since it ended. This means tomorrow I'm going to have my last big Qdoba burrito while watching Parks and Rec. Already had to do it for 30 Rock. I hate when shows end even if they're ready.

I still need to finish Parks and Rec, too. I have avoided this final season because I didn't really want it to end. :( i did the same thing with 30 Rock. I didn't finish it for like a year after it ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom