• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russell Tovey can go fuck himself:

cD8WbPX.jpg
It's tacky that he's "grateful," implying there's something wrong with being effeminate, but everything else he said resonates with me. It actually didn't occur often, but I remember my dad telling me when I was younger not to do certain things in public because they were girly. Those few times actually made me analyze some things, and as I got older and more disinterested/dead inside (unrelated), I would be aware of classmates' actions and mannerisms. I would then sometimes think back on stuff my dad told me, and then wonder what life would have been like if I'd been as effeminate then as I was when I was younger. And what caused my personality shift. And what I was going to eat that.

Being the bored and quiet kid in class sure gave you a lot of time to think about stuff like that.

DOWN

Banned
Russell Tovey can go fuck himself:

cD8WbPX.jpg
Don't think he's saying as much as you think here. He seems like he's saying he basically got pushed into the conventionally masucline idea and it has made life and getting a variety of roles easier for him (I think we already realize this is the case for actors, and for males in general in a different fashion). He feels that perception of him having range and appeal in prominently gay roles and straight roles is something he feels has been special and not something he expected based on what his exposure to other actors' careers has been.

I don't think he is intending to say that effeminacy is lesser, just that it would not have helped him and the variety he wants to give to professionals, even though he may have been that way had he been raised differently. His elaboration seems like he is saying he didn't identify well with the gay figures he knew of growing up and where he eventually found himself ready and comfortable for a variety of roles doesn't fit what he saw of other gay professionals.

royalan

There are effeminate gays in Hollywood. Even some with more successful careers than him.

There are also masculine gays in Hollywood, again with more successful careers, who don't feel the need to frame their masculinity as the "positive outcome" versus being an effeminate gay.

He was "saved" from being effeminate?

He has a "special quality"? Yeah, Russel, you have a special quality, but it's those things on both sides of your head, not your masculinity.

Oh, and flamer is apparently the default manifestation of gay...unless you have that strong male presence actively curtailing the "girly" that threatens to overtake you every hour of every day. Because, you know, you're gay--and everyone knows gays are just girls with penises. And those flamers without strong male role-models? Oh, being gay is just as easy singing in the streets for them!

There's nothing wrong with being proud of who you are, but Russel's comments are no different than the typical bullshit you hear from sports-obsessed, grunting, Mumford and Sons imitating, I'll-only-suck-your-dick-if-you're-wearing-a-jock gays who overemphasize their masculinity as an attempt to separate themselves from us "lesser" queens. As if it makes them any less gay.

Dany

Banned
There are effeminate gays in Hollywood. Even some with more successful careers than him.

There are also masculine gays in Hollywood, again with more successful careers, who don't feel the need to frame their masculinity as the "positive outcome" versus being an effeminate gay.

He has a "special quality"? Yeah, Russel, you have a special quality, but it's those things on both sides of your head, not your masculinity.

Oh, and flamer is apparently the default manifestation of gay...unless you have that strong male presence actively curtailing the "girly" that threatens to overtake you every hour of every day. Because, you know, you're gay--and everyone knows gays are just girls with penises. And those flamers without strong male role-models? Oh, being gay is just as easy singing in the streets for them!

There's nothing wrong with being proud of who you are, but Russel's comments are no different than the typical bullshit you hear from sports-obsessed, grunting, Mumford and Sons imitating, I'll-only-suck-your-dick-if-you're-wearing-a-jock gays who overemphasize their masculinity as an attempt to separate themselves from us "lesser" queens. As if it makes them any less gay.

bless u

Where is that statement from, royalan?

Based solely on the snippet you posted, I disagree with your interpretation. He's not saying that being effeminate is bad. Or that he was saved from being effeminate. He's just stating that being effeminate might not have given him some attribute that he apparently values.

Oprah-Cry.gif

preach

Dany

Banned
Where is that statement from, royalan?

Based solely on the snippet you posted, I disagree with your interpretation. He's not saying that being effeminate is bad. Or that he was saved from being effeminate. He's just stating that being effeminate might not have given him some attribute that he apparently values.
Isn't that the same as saying that he thinks less of effeminate behavior? The way he phrased it certainly sounds like it. Which is completely shitty

DOWN

Banned

Yeah, I got that you were inferring those things, but you are working with absolutes and without the context. He doesn't say the things you are saying, and the interviewer is the one implying he meant something more sweeping.

He doesn't say there aren't effeminate gays in Hollywood, but I can't say I expect to see Chris Colfer playing Christian Grey for the masses, and I'm not sure it helps anyone to pretend that all or even most of Hollywood would give him a fair chance at such roles (and I can't really think of any other gay actors with a greater variety of roles who would also be considered effeminate). Seems to me he refers specifically to those he knew of as his career developed and his own expectations before he became comfortable with gay roles. Saying that his conventionally masculine upbringing benefitted him doesnt mean other actors or viewers wouldn't think so of him and other gays too (I'd guess it makes it feel easier to him or he wouldn't have suggested it).

I didn't take his feeling unusual was any belief that the 'masculine gay actor' is unique to him (his very own show would make that obvious to anyone with that much delusion), but rather that he simply personally doesn't know of many gay actors who get to freely play gay and straight. That's quite simply what he says as far as I see on that comment.

He wanted to go to theatre school himself and talks about his path, not a slew of insults and stereotypes from someone who seems to have felt no ties to them or is fearful of acknowledging those ties. I think his comment mildly implies a sense of pride or perception that he is more likable for his masculinity so I saw what you were looking at, but I don't see enough there to confirm it as his wholly intended point or as animosity towards effeminacy himself.

You're right that there are gays who overemphasize conventional masculinity and actively try to distance themselves and even insult those they perceive as being less of men, even though they are in the category of gay and men all the same. But I don't think the interviewer asked enough from that angle to make the extent of Tovey's ideas known from that deeper social topic, nor do I think Tovey says more than common knowledge and acknowledging his own tendencies and privileges in the industry, which don't reach the extent that your characterizations go to.

Isn't that the same as saying that he thinks less of effeminate behavior? The way he phrased it certainly sounds like it. Which is completely shitty
Nope, it could mean as little as he knows that his industry thinks less or gives less broad roles like he wants to effeminate gays. He doesn't say that he thinks his way is the right way to be, just that he was pushed there and it has likely benefitted him so he's glad to be where people tell him he is and it has felt good.

And from the interview itself, I take it as even less likely we could be sure he meant such a negative thing as some of you are reading into it.

DOWN

Banned
It's all about social constructs. I remember back in the day when washing your hands was considered feminine.
Yes, and I think we all know that if someone wants a burly straight prison guard and an effeminate gay wants to be the guy that casting agents call when they think of filling all sorts of roles including this one, the someone casting the role is likely to make less of a connection in their head between the character and gay guy even if they should give that actor a full chance to audition. The most I think Tovey's comments confirm, is that he is aware of this and that his upbringing left him with a perception that benefits him in this sense where the perception still matters.

It is shitty if he thinks that. But, no, I don't believe that necessarily follows.

I mean, it could, but just from that snippet, I don't think we can imply how he feels about effeminate behavior.

RM8

How much can he "blame" his upbringing, though? I doubt most effeminate gay guys grew up being celebrated for being effeminate :/

royalan

Yeah, I got that you were inferring those things, but you are working with absolutes and without the context. He doesn't say the things you are saying, and the interviewer is the one implying he meant something more sweeping.

He doesn't say there aren't effeminate gays in Hollywood, but I can't say I expect to see Chris Colfer playing Christian Grey for the masses, and I'm not sure it helps anyone to pretend that all or even most of Hollywood would give him a fair chance at such roles (and I can't really think of any other gay actors with a greater variety of roles who would also be considered effeminate). Seems to me he refers specifically to those he knew of as his career developed and his own expectations before he became comfortable with gay roles. Saying that his conventionally masculine upbringing benefitted him doesnt mean other actors or viewers wouldn't think so of him and other gays too (I'd guess it makes it feel easier to him or he wouldn't have suggested it).

I didn't take his feeling unusual was any belief that the 'masculine gay actor' is unique to him (his very own show would make that obvious to anyone with that much delusion), but rather that he simply personally doesn't know of many gay actors who get to freely play gay and straight. That's quite simply what he says as far as I see on that comment.

He wanted to go to theatre school himself and talks about his path, not a slew of insults and stereotypes from someone who seems to have felt no ties to them or is fearful of acknowledging those ties. I think his comment mildly implies a sense of pride or perception that he is more likable for his masculinity so I saw what you were looking at, but I don't see enough there to confirm it as his wholly intended point or as animosity towards effeminacy himself.

You're right that there are gays who overemphasize conventional masculinity and actively try to distance themselves and even insult those they perceive as being less of men, even though they are in the category of gay and men all the same. But I don't think the interviewer asked enough from that angle to make the extent of Tovey's ideas known from that deeper social topic, nor do I think Tovey says more than common knowledge and acknowledging his own tendencies and privileges in the industry, which don't reach the extent that your characterizations go to.

Nope, it could mean as little as he knows that his industry thinks less or gives less broad roles to effeminate gays. He doesn't say that he thinks his way is the right way to be, just that he was pushed there and it has likely benefitted him so he's glad to be where people tell him he is and it has felt good.

"I thank my dad for that, for not allowing me to go down that path."

Those are his words. Direct quote, It's not an inference on the part of the interviewer, and I really don't see how it's a stretch to interpret those words as a negative framing of effeminate homosexuality, even if his intention was to simply point out the benefits of his own persona.

I think it's a larger stretch to believe he is only referencing his own personality and sense of masculinity, when the question he's responding to is about effeminate gays and how he views his position on the spectrum between masculine and effeminate. That he thinks being masculine helped him secure roles he might not otherwise have isn't really the problem I have with what he said. It's that he clearly frames feminine gaydom as the default state of homosexuality and something he was delivered from. By thanking his father for not allowing him to "go down that path" he's clearly expressing relief for not turning out "that way". That would be like me saying, "thank god my grandmother emphasized the importance of "talking white", otherwise I might have turned out like those stereotypical "ghetto blacks" and I might not have gotten this job."

He's not just saying he has an advantage, he's framing his masculinity as a good thing...versus what the alternative could have been. Thank god for his dad and school "toughening him up." Because, you know, effeminate gays aren't tough. It's not like getting beaten and bullied your whole life for not passing doesn't toughen you up or anything.

Revisiting an old topic, but I once again need to be talked out of doing something stupid. I'm friends with this dude, and I like him a lot. I'm considering telling him that I'd rather not be friends anymore and limit our interaction as much as humanly possible (we are in the same courses this semester). Mostly because as good a friend he is I really don't think he'll bother staying in touch with me once I graduate. And I'd rather be the one to hurt him by ending the friendship on my terms than be hurt by him when he eventually just ignores me after I graduate. Of course I could talk to him about my fears but I know him well enough to know he'd just assure me he'd stay in contact, but I really wouldn't believe it at this point. Idk, ignoring people is extremely easy to do and I know that it would be emotionally easy for me to do. I don't take abandonment quite as well.

DOWN

Banned
"I thank my dad for that, for not allowing me to go down that path."

Those are his words. Direct quote, It's not an inference on the part of the interviewer, and I really don't see how it's a stretch to interpret those words as a negative framing of effeminate homosexuality, even if his intention was to simply point out the benefits of his own persona.

I think it's a larger stretch to believe he is only referencing his own personality and sense of masculinity, when the question he's responding to is about effeminate gays and how he views his position on the spectrum between masculine and effeminate. That he thinks being masculine helped him secure roles he might not otherwise have isn't really the problem I have with what he said. It's that he clearly frames feminine gaydom as the default state of homosexuality and something he was delivered from. By thanking his father for not allowing him to "go down that path" he's clearly expressing relief for not turning out "that way". That would be like me saying, "thank god my grandmother emphasized the importance of "talking white", otherwise I might have turned out like those stereotypical "ghetto blacks" and I might not have gotten this job."

He's not just saying he has an advantage, he's framing his masculinity as a good thing...versus what the alternative could have been. Thank god for his dad and school "toughening him up." Because, you know, effinate gays aren't tough. It's not like getting beaten and bullied your whole life for not passing doesn't toughen you up or anything.
Could you link the original question you're seeing him answer to? In the write-up that the excerpt is from, I don't see a specific question there from the interviewer asking about these perceptions. It appears like it is part of his fuller explanations on his career origins and he volunteers the perception comments. It sounds like part of his personal account of his origins.

And yeah, I see the direct quote and still don't think it absolutely means he is thankful for something outside his benefits to his public and professional persona in ways he didn't expect and doesn't commonly see.

It's a stretch to characterize his comments to that degree negatively because the comments leave room for him to feel the contrary to what you're claiming. It also seems like either he should have worded it differently or you are ignoring his identification with theatre and the types he associates with it. You are painting it like he insists he isn't the theatre effeminate type because they are lesser and that it is the default, when he is actually bringing it up because his own plans were to spend his younger school years there. He isn't naming it off like some bad path he hypothetically could have strayed to, but as the actual path he had tried to go on himself and he imagines he could be different had the change in environment not been decided for him, but he has benefitted professionally from it.

You are blending what he suggests is a 'good thing' for his career interests and what he may or may not believe is the 'good thing' for being a gay man. He doesn't say there aren't environments where being open and effeminate is tough. His comment is not that specific and just as easily means he was not at ease to be effeminate like his potential tendencies would have led him to be if he were in a more open environment where it is more common like he feels theatre school was going to be for him.

royalan

You are blending what he suggests is a 'good thing' for his career interests and what he may or may not believe is the 'good thing' for being a gay man. He doesn't say there aren't environments where being open and effeminate is tough. His comment is not that specific and just as easily means he was not at ease to be effeminate like his potential tendencies would have led him to be if he were in a more open environment where it is more common like he feels theatre school was going to be for him.

Now think for a second why that might be considered a negative framing of effeminate homosexuality.

I agree with your interpretation here, I just don't find it at all positive, and I feel that it contributes to the negativity effeminate gays have to endure every day. The assumption that we're not tough, that we're not men, that we can't be strong, and that we're irreparably disadvantaged. I mean, what would have been so wrong if he had gone to theater school? It's what he wanted. What would have been so bad if he had turned out effeminate? Those were allegedly his tendencies. And, if he had gone to theater school, why is he so sure that would have turned him into a big ol' nancy? I mean, his co-star and love interest on Looking is Jonathan Groff -- who had the very theater upbringing that Russel is low-key criticizing. And if you watch both of them in interviews, Groff is really no less "masculine" in perception than Tovey.

I mean, it's one thing to say, "I'm more on the masculine side, and I feel that helps me out when I go for strong, traditionally masculine roles." And to say, "thank God my dad kept me from going to big gay theater school, because I would have turned out a big ol' flamer, and that would have sucked." And I know your key point is that you don't believe he's inferring that, but I disagree. Heck, this is an except from the paragraph before the one I originally posted from the interview:

I was so envious of everyone who went to Sylvia Young Theatre School. I wanted to go but my dad flat-out refused. He thought I’d become some tapdancing freak without qualifications. And he was right in a way. I’m glad I didn’t go. That might have changed…

At the end of the day, I just feel that he looks at the fact that he escaped the possibility of being effeminate as some sort of blessing, and while I respect your opinion, I still think that's kinda shitty.

To be fair to Tovey, his regular acting roles on UK TV were all as straight guys and his masculinity was probably a selling point for his irregular gay parts as well. He would have had a completely different career and life if he had turned out a more effeminate guy. While he could have worded his comments better, it isn't that surprising he's that he's glad he's got a successful TV acting career and not some random alternate life.

DOWN

Banned
Now think for a second why that might be considered a negative framing of effeminate homosexuality.

And I know your key point is that you don't believe he's inferring that, but I disagree. Heck, this is an except from the paragraph before the one I originally posted from the interview:

At the end of the day, I just feel that he looks at the fact that he escaped the possibility of being effeminate as some sort of blessing, and while I respect your opinion, I still think that's kinda shitty.
I did consider and acknowledge what the potential negatives in the comments were that prompted your disappointed post to start with. I think considering is all that can be done for his opinions here though, rather than what I think is concluding negatively without him actually giving a clear opinion or conversation on that subject specifically.

I get that his wording, if taken negatively, would imply that he is 'not one of those effeminate gays and he gets what people dislike about them, so therefore he is likable' and would only be damaging people who are actually subjected to similar and worse criticisms casting them as lesser men, in addition to the same defamation his own status as a man faces from society just for being gay. I don't disagree that if those are his feelings and he does mean to position himself as somehow of better male character in that light, he's absolutely in the wrong. But I don't agree that it can be confirmed from the nature and content of the comments, as they seem open to elaboration beyond his public perception as an actor, whether it is positive or negative.

As to what is wrong with going to theatre school, I don't think he clearly felt it was wrong or that it is strictly an interest of effeminate types, as he doesn't try and dissociate from it. I think he says he likes the opportunities his upbringing helped afford him. Knowing that he likes how he is now as an actor in both gay and straight roles, he does not feel confident that he would be in the same professional position or at the same public advantage to engage that interest if he had been socialized as he had planned. He gets more of the roles he personally hopes for, in his apparent opinion, because he has both his openness to play gay characters now, and because he has the advantageous conventional masculinity for the industry.

I get that it isn't a nice idea that he could get less opportunities as an actor if he were the effeminate theatre student, but since he isn't and it is benefitting his career, he seemingly appreciates how that has positioned him to fulfill his interests. That doesn't mean he feels he deserves a benefit and thinks effeminate gays are rightfully perceived differently than his satisfied self. Could he feel that? Yes, but I don't see it here. Even the tap-dancing comment could easily be referring to what Tovey's father imagined and claimed of the education, and not Tovey meaning anything more than he indeed was in some ways out to experience a less conventional education in favor of a strictly theatrical pursuit as his father worried.

He seems to think he could have missed his ideal career if he had been socialized differently and ended up more effeminate. I think he is saying more about the industry and his career in those brief comments than anything firmly about whether being effeminate or not is his problem, if his career weren't likely influenced. There's definitely still room for him to elaborate positively (or negatively), even if the benefit he is referring to comes from somewhat negative industry and social conventions.

Kevyt

I've been wondering this for a while; I recently saw this video from Huffpost: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6754462

It's about eating disorders in regards to our perceived body image. I think all of us have experienced an eating disorder because we wanted to achieve a certain body figure (whether we eat more to bulk - or diet to lose weight). I think an eating disorder is not exclusive to someone trying to lose weight. But this has me thinking; do we as a community (not this community but in general) have unrealistic expectations when it comes to our bodies that are constantly being reinforced? I feel like it's the suble nature of the "reinforcement" (if we can call it that) that is overlooked. For example, as far as underwear, in all the pictures that I have seen, there's always a ripped dude, lol. I guess this is just one example, and the same would be true for straight men (they're also expected to look a certain way for women to consider them attractive).

But, I dunno. Maybe I'm over thinking this. What do you guys think?

Sai-kun

Banned
I could be wrong but I don't think eating more food in order to gain mass to complement a gym regimen counts as an eating disorder. Neither is restricting our diet in order to lose weight, to a certain extent.

I don't think the expectations set for gay men are completely unrealistic, but they are definitely constantly being reinforced. More so than the expectations for straight men, I think. If you're a part of the gay 'community' you become aware of a lot of brands that specifically target gay men, and those brands absolutely have a strict 'look' that they want to cater to.

At the same time, we also have a huge swath of subcommunities, with people being loved and accepted for having all kinds of body types. Unfortunately that can sometimes go a bit too far and into the 'fetish-izing' category, which is also a problem, but I think those kinds of people aren't the majority.

That said, the 6'2, super cut/ripped, white, clean cut, short hair dude is definitely a look that gets thrown at us constantly, and is the most prevalent in our advertising.

Edit: also sorry if this is all over the place I keep editing this post with more thoughts lol. Also haven't seen the video since I'm in class.

I don't think the expectations set for gay men are completely unrealistic, but they are definitely constantly being reinforced. More so than the expectations for straight men, I think. If you're a part of the gay 'community' you become aware of a lot of brands that specifically target gay men, and those brands absolutely have a strict 'look' that they want to cater to.

Honestly I don't think expectations need to be realistic to be damaging. Social pressure to conform to one specific body type would cause harm even if that social pressure somehow shifted to the ideal body type being overweight/obese.

VegiHam

...I don't think it's even a question.
There's a ton of pressure to look different. And also the fact that there are people who look for specific 'catagories' based on body type. All this bear, twink, otter stuff. Leaves you feeling like 'I've got too much body fat to be a twink but I can't grow enough body hair to be a small bear so nobody will want me.' Plus I've done the eating disorder thing but that wasn't to look good for other people; that was cus I hated my body. Still do. Do I feel that way cus of twisted conditioning? Yeah, maybe...

On the bright side, the new spiderman is cute.

Kevyt

I could be wrong but I don't think eating more food in order to gain mass to complement a gym regimen counts as an eating disorder. Neither is restricting our diet in order to lose weight, to a certain extent.

At the same time, we also have a huge swath of subcommunities, with people being loved and accepted for having all kinds of body types. Unfortunately that can sometimes go a bit too far and into the 'fetish-izing' category, which is also a problem, but I think those kinds of people aren't the majority.

That said, the 6'2, super cut/ripped, white, clean cut, short hair dude is definitely a look that gets thrown at us constantly, and is the most prevalent in our advertising.

Edit: also sorry if this is all over the place I keep editing this post with more thoughts lol. Also haven't seen the video since I'm in class.

Why are the expectations not completely unrealistic?

Honestly I don't think expectations need to be realistic to be damaging. Social pressure to conform to one specific body type would cause harm even if that social pressure somehow shifted to the ideal body type being overweight/obese.

I agree. Would you agree that social pressure somehow shapes our own self perceptions about our own bodies?

...I don't think it's even a question.
There's a ton of pressure to look different. And also the fact that there are people who look for specific 'catagories' based on body type. All this bear, twink, otter stuff. Leaves you feeling like 'I've got too much body fat to be a twink but I can't grow enough body hair to be a small bear so nobody will want me.' Plus I've done the eating disorder thing but that wasn't to look good for other people; that was cus I hated my body. Still do. Do I feel that way cus of twisted conditioning? Yeah, maybe...

On the bright side, the new spiderman is cute.

Why do you hate your body?

And ooh, I'm curious to see who the new Spider-Man is.

Edit: Dylan O'Brien from teen wolf... *melts* I approve, lol.

VegiHam

Why do you hate your body?

And ooh, I'm curious to see who the new Spider-Man is.

Edit: Dylan O'Brien from teen wolf... *melts* I approve, lol.
Used to be fat, lost weight but still got like, tons of fat on my chest and thighs and stuff. So I look like a smallish dude till I take my shirt off and just horribly disappoint :p

And yes indeed. Approval granted, go for it Marvel/Sony!

DOWN

Banned
Some people do attain a fit physique and aren't models. America has a tendency toward overweight and is more accepting of unhealthy habits, likely making the distance between marketed ideals and the average fitness larger.

VegiHam

You're gonna love it. Enjoy BB. :) <3
Yo, Hours, help me out here. You played Danganronpa right? I put down Danganronpa 2 in December cus I was kinda burned out, picked it back up the other day and it was all "OMG the girls are going to the beach let's STALK them and speculate about swimsuits!"

Did I pick a bad time to arrive at or is the whole of the rest of the game like this? The fact they went out of their way to do a tropical setting doesn't inspire confidence...

Yo, Hours, help me out here. You played Danganronpa right? I put down Danganronpa 2 in December cus I was kinda burned out, picked it back up the other day and it was all "OMG the girls are going to the beach let's STALK them and speculate about swimsuits!"

Did I pick a bad time to arrive at or is the whole of the rest of the game like this? The fact they went out of their way to do a tropical setting doesn't inspire confidence...
Like in terms of fan service of the female characters? That part/chapter is definitely the most over the top when it comes to that stuff. There's still some more throughout the game but it's not at those levels. (It doesn't help that Kazuichi is a douche, he's one of the worst characters in the game IMO.)

But I'd say definitely keep playing though. The story just keeps getting better and the amount of craziness that happens offsets any tired tropes you may encounter IMO. DR2 is one of my favourite VNs, so I hope you give it another shot. (And if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.)

Caladrius

I have overcome a case of writer's block

Watch this last 5 minutes.

It stops altogether after chapter 3.

The abundance of fanservice in the first half is really weird considering how rare it was in the first game.

Sai-kun

Banned

i dont really have a good response to this except that with the exception of people who just are not genetically inclined towards it, working out and eating well to get a physique more similar to andrew christian ads is possible for people who are willing to dedicate the time, effort, and money towards it.

i dunno. i stopped caring. i'm not even sure why i go to the gym tbh. i look fucking hot the way i am right now, and i don't care enough to change my diet to better complement my workouts, so idgaf, honestly. i still buy cute/sexy underwear cuz it looks good on me anyways, even if i don't look like the porn stars they get to advertise it.

also p4g is shit. almost as low-tier of a game as the entire halo series.

lmao sorry i gotta say it every time it comes up

Ty4on

Danganronpa 1 had some weird fan service as well.

Close to the end
when you're trapped underground and climbing the ladder with Kigiri the angle really creeped me out and it felt like the scene never ended.

Edit: P4G is great. The start is also great :p

Close to the end
when you're trapped underground and climbing the ladder with Kigiri the angle really creeped me out and it felt like the scene never ended.
Yeah, that part was dumb.

I don't have a problem with fanservice in games, but it should at least make some amount of sense in the context of the game/scene. That particular scene had all the tension zapped out of it because of that.

Caladrius

Close to the end

Edit: P4G is great. The start is also great :p

I forgot about that. Other than that and the Optional sauna bit It was overall fairly light in that department, though. DR2 easily has about twice as many instances

And ditto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom