• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Oh fantastic :D I'm over in chicago and finishing my first quarter/semester. Tough stuff but I've been doing quite well thus far. Had my first clinical last week and it was super awesome. I can't wait to go on a weekly basis

when do you get to perform surgery

garyBig

As for the sex part, I haven't had sex in over twenty years, going on 21 soon. :p

Hey, I also turn 21 soon (in less than a week actually) and Daripad had his 21st not long ago as well iirc right?

Well, ooor you actually did have sex 20 years ago and you're totes dead already and all. but no, that's not the case lol

esms

Oh fantastic :D I'm over in chicago and finishing my first quarter/semester. Tough stuff but I've been doing quite well thus far. Had my first clinical last week and it was super awesome. I can't wait to go on a weekly basis

You get disillusioned eventually, haha. My GF graduates nursing school in April and all her Facebook consists of is sarcastic nursing memes.

It isn't a bad career. You have job security, especially if you work in government.

Kevyt

Hey, I also turn 21 soon (in less than a week actually) and Daripad had his 21st not long ago as well iirc right?

Well, ooor you actually did have sex 20 years ago and you're totes dead already and all. but no, that's not the case lol

My bday is in April, but I'm not too excited tbh...

Dany

Banned

garyBig

I'll be 21 in 10 months Lol.
I am also not any closer to see than I was in the last 20 years but that doesn't really bother me. :p

Well you have ten months to get closer than myself..

Also, that Charlotte-stream is fascinating. I mean yeah def depressing too but it's somehow really exciting to watch foreign local politics live from a 3am timezone so far away from the thing on my phone. With all the internet we take for granted, somehow this really amazes me right now (or maybe I'm justsleep deprived haha). Also, one supporter did the live long and prosper sign at the end of his speech lol

Edit: Also, wow at seeing a black christian priest in the south arguing against non-discrimination legislation. Perfect sad irony. In 50 years it'll probably be a black gay muslim woman arguing against bald people or something. geezus

My bday is in April, but I'm not too excited tbh...
I know right. It's like I'm already in the mindset of 'Oh, to be 20 again'. These years flying by sucks when you have nothing to show for it. Nothing of the stuff you would like these years to be used for anyway. Hm, self-improvement wise the year wasn't even bad, but damn have I got to meet people already.

DOWN

Banned
I'm turing TWENTY THREE in a couple weeks

/vom
THE-NUMBER-23_1024.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Hell naw. We're bent on Poke-domination right now, so we're busy.

okay thats good just checking you can never be too sure with the gays

I'll be in the OR in like 14-18 weeks. Really excited for that, I love surgery O_O

are you going to stay there

do nurses get to pick, like, what kind of nurse they are

like OR nurse, butt wipe nurse, ER nurse, family practitioner nurse, etc

I'm turing TWENTY THREE in a couple weeks

/vom

being 23 sucks btw

alvmew

I'm 21 also, but will be 22 next month.

So like,
I'm sitting in class surrounded by cute boys and the professor is also kind of a DILF and I can't handle it. ):

Dany

Banned
are you going to stay there

do nurses get to pick, like, what kind of nurse they are

like OR nurse, butt wipe nurse, ER nurse, family practitioner nurse, etc

being 23 sucks btw

SInce I'm in school we rotate which hopsitals we visit and which specialty. Right now I'm on the heart floor where patients have heart problems, then its general, psych, kids, babies, pregnant ladies hospice and several others. But yes, whe nI apply for jobs, the application is for RN for night shift for OR. There are three types of nurses in the operating room. Nurse First assistant, scrub nurse and circulating nurse. Though I want to work in the ER for several years and advance to my doctorate.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
SInce I'm in school we rotate which hopsitals we visit and which specialty. Right now I'm on the heart floor where patients have heart problems, then its general, psych, kids, babies, pregnant ladies hospice and several others. But yes, whe nI apply for jobs, the application is for RN for night shift for OR. There are three types of nurses in the operating room. Nurse First assistant, scrub nurse and circulating nurse. Though I want to work in the ER for several years and advance to my doctorate.

you gonna be a doctor?! :O

what kind
jk i already know its urologist obv

esms

Enjoy psych.

zPxVpmy.jpg

garyBig

So like,
I'm sitting in class surrounded by cute boys and the professor is also kind of a DILF and I can't handle it. ):

I feel you, bro. But at the same time, I think I'd happily take a seat in that class ;)

Dany

Banned
It's a degree. People get their Doctorate in Medicine. or MD

MY degree, after my current one, will be a Doctorate in Nursing Practice. or DNP. I can then be a Nurse Practitioner or a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthesiologist.

Enjoy psych.

zPxVpmy.jpg

I'm not going to enjoy that, hits too close to home.

garyBig

Boy, that Charlotte stream is solid entertainment. That transgender lady apparently collapsed after her speech, so they took a break and turned on Jazz music. I wonder what happens next.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's a degree. People get their Doctorate in Medicine. or MD

i know nothing about being a nurse u__u

MY degree, after my current one, will be a Doctorate in Nursing Practice. or DNP. I can then be a Nurse Practitioner or a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthesiologist.

cool cool

which one do you want to be then? i think being an anesthesiologist would be scary because if you accidentally gave your patient the wrong dose of stuff they would probably never wake up or if they did they would certainly be very grumpy that you gave them the wrong does of medicine

Kevyt

I know right. It's like I'm already in the mindset of 'Oh, to be 20 again'. These years flying by sucks when you have nothing to show for it. Nothing of the stuff you would like these years to be used for anyway. Hm, self-improvement wise the year wasn't even bad, but damn have I got to meet people already.

Yup. That's the exact same feeling. ;_;

I do have some "achievements" that I'm not proud of, and other than that I feel like my life has been a waste. No direction, no inspiration, no nothing. I wish I could restart my life and make better decisions. But on the bright side, there's no boring page in my life story, lol.

Also, yep. I too need to meet people, and I'm terrible at it.

So like,

April right? :D

I would love to be in that class.

esms

I'm not going to enjoy that, hits too close to home.

Was meant to be sarcasm. Your interaction is going to be extremely limited, so your experience will be frustrating and, in your case, sad.

You will essentially be a babysitter. I remember my GF telling me that a ton of her classmates just chilled in the break room during psych because they weren't doing anything of value, both for their education and for the patients.

You'll get through it and be in the OR in no time, though. And you'll be able to view surgeries during your rotations. I hear open heart surgery is really cool (besides the rib cracker initially).

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I do have some "achievements" that I'm not proud of, and other than that I feel like my life has been a waste. No direction, no inspiration, no nothing. I wish I could restart my life and make better decisions. But on the bright side, there's no boring page in my life story, lol.

let us be hobos together

Also, that Charlotte-stream is fascinating. I mean yeah def depressing too but it's somehow really exciting to watch foreign local politics live from a 3am timezone so far away from the thing on my phone. With all the internet we take for granted, somehow this really amazes me right now (or maybe I'm justsleep deprived haha). Also, one supporter did the live long and prosper sign at the end of his speech lol

Edit: Also, wow at seeing a black christian priest in the south arguing against non-discrimination legislation. Perfect sad irony. In 50 years it'll probably be a black gay muslim woman arguing against bald people or something. geezus

Yeah we ran the whole gamut of different ideas and perspectives here;
-Pastors for and against the passing of the ordinance using God's word as fundamental parts of their argument
-Singing pastors (lol)
-Parents pushing their kids on the podium
-And yeah, as you mentioned, an unfortunate number of african american people offended about the idea that this be considered a civil rights issue.

It was definitely an interesting way to spend these last 2-3 hours.

Charlotte council meeting on Non-Discrimination Ordinance

The public speakers part is over tho, now the council apparently debates it.

I like that the council is essentially ... mentoring(?) the people that have chosen to stick around. There's no doubt that among the citizen speakers there was a majority that were opposed to the passing of the ordinance and to see the council deconstructing a lot of the flawed arguments (if they're for it) or take a more "refined" (minus the crazy counciler saying this was a liberal agenda, lol) approach to explaining their reservations have been really interesting to hear as well.

Looks like they're being caught up on the bathroom issue though, that part of the thing is probably gonna be amended out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom